Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,497 members, 7,808,845 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:49 PM

Bolaji Abdullahi Resigns From APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bolaji Abdullahi Resigns From APC (36547 Views)

Kwara PDP Primary: Bolaji Abdullahi Speaks On Being ‘betrayed’ By Saraki / Bolaji Abdullahi I Have Not Resigned From APC. / Bolaji Abdullahi Resigns, Dumps APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bolaji Abdullahi Resigns From APC by Ezenwammadu(m): 12:22pm On Aug 01, 2018
After Senate President Bukola Saraki dumped the ruling party for the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) on Tuesday, it was widely expected that Abdullahi, being his loyalist, would follow suit. There were widespread reports on Tuesday that Abdullahi had done just that, but he vehemently denied it. However, on Wednesday, he confirmed his exit from the ruling party.
Bolaji Abdullahi has officially resigned his position as National Publicity Secretary of the All Progressives Congress (APC) as well as his membership of the party.

After Senate President Bukola Saraki dumped the ruling party for the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) on Tuesday, it was widely expected that Abdullahi, being his loyalist, would follow suit.

There were widespread reports on Tuesday that Abdullahi had done just that, but he vehemently denied it.

However, on Wednesday, he confirmed his exit from the ruling party, saying his “personal stake in the issue of Kwara makes it incongruous” for him to continue to sit as part of the working committee of the party.

Abdullahi complained that he has recently had to endure the “flagrant usurpation” of his role as the spokesman of the party in a manner that he considers “unbefitting of a ruling party and inconsistent with my ethical standards”.

He added that in a situation whereby his loyalty is constantly brought into question, his subordinates deployed to subvert his office, and his views constantly second-guessed on the basis of his political affiliation, it became imperative for him to review his position.

“Clearly, I cannot continue to function as the spokesman of a party whose expectations of that role is incompatible with my personal principles,” he said.
“In the same token, I can no longer justify to myself that I should remain in a party which has now made it clear to the world that the political group that I belong is no longer wanted, and which has

hung my membership of that group as an albatross around my neck.”

THE FULL STATEMENT
PRESS STATEMENT BY THE NATIONAL PUBLICITY OF THE ALL PROGRESSIVES CONGRESS (APC), MALLAM BOLAJI ABDULLAHI
AUGUST 1ST, 2018.
In view of recent political developments in the country and within the All Progressives Congress (APC), I have decided to resign my position as the National Publicity Secretary as well as my membership of the party with effect from today.

In the last few days, I have had to endure the flagrant usurpation of my role as the spokesman of the party in a manner that I consider unbefitting of a ruling party and inconsistent with my ethical standards.

I have served the APC honestly and to the best of my ability and when I stood for and won my election at the last convention; it was a keen desire to continue to do so. However, in a situation whereby my loyalty is constantly brought into question; my subordinates deployed to subvert my office; and my views constantly second-guessed on the basis of my political affiliation, it has become imperative for me to review my position.

Since assuming office as the spokesman of the party, I have tried to set a new template for public political communications in a way that departs from the vulgar abuse and verbal aggression of the recent past, where cheap lies and crude propaganda were normalised as politics, and even celebrated as measures of competence. Unfortunately, those who felt I was not “forceful enough” framed my ethical disposition as evidence of a lack of commitment to the party.

The unlawful dissolution of the validly elected party executive in Kwara State earlier in the week was only another phase in the unrelenting assault I have had to endure. As a national officer of the party, who sits in that Committee, courtesy should demand that my views be sought on a matter that concerns my state and in which I am directly involved. That action was, to say the least, disrespectful.

Quite recently, we all took the oath to do justice to all and not allow personal interests to interfere with our official responsibilities. With this obviously presumptuous action, and the decision to appoint as chairman of caretaker committee, the same man who had emerged as the chairman from the parallel congress in my State, the NWC has taken sides, violated its oath office and subverted its own credibility as an impartial arbiter. Yet, these are the same people that have continued to insinuate that others are serving interests other than those of the party.

Politics is local, and my personal stake in the issue of Kwara makes it incongruous for me to continue to sit as part of the working committee of the party. Clearly, I cannot continue to function as the spokesman of a party whose expectations of that role is incompatible with my personal principles. In the same token, I can no longer justify to myself that I should remain in a party which has now made it clear to the world that the political group that I belong is no longer wanted, and which has hung my membership of that group as an albatross around my neck.

Mallam Bolaji Abdullahi

http://saharareporters.com/2018/08/01/breaking-its-official-bolaji-abdullahi-resigns-apc

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bolaji Abdullahi Resigns From APC by NgeneUkwenu(f): 12:24pm On Aug 01, 2018
In the last few days, I have had to endure the flagrant usurpation of my role as the spokesman of the party

Because the energetic Oshiomole was proactive to have noticed your loyalty was no longer with the party, the moment your benefactor Saraki, indicated interest to go back to the Regional/Ipob party called PDP...

So you were outsmarted by the able Chairman. So quietly go and lick Saraki poo with the useless pigs from the other side. .

Sai Baba Till 2023....Osinbajo/ Elrufai Till 2031..

72 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Bolaji Abdullahi Resigns From APC by SalamRushdie: 12:25pm On Aug 01, 2018
Nice

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bolaji Abdullahi Resigns From APC by Dani4tech(m): 12:28pm On Aug 01, 2018
If you still fall for all this gimmicks.... lipsrsealed

Last Last na the same people... Coming up with different formats to scam gullible Nigerians.
Believe it or not... Na the same people. This two parties are one!!!

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bolaji Abdullahi Resigns From APC by Ezenwammadu(m): 12:28pm On Aug 01, 2018
NgeneUkwenu:

Aunty ngene will soon say saraki and bolaji are useless but was jumping up and down when they defected in 2015.

Oshobaba must be doing 6 to 6 fasting upon midnight prayers by now grin

168 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Bolaji Abdullahi Resigns From APC by ghost3040: 12:28pm On Aug 01, 2018
Re: Bolaji Abdullahi Resigns From APC by Clemzyberry(m): 12:28pm On Aug 01, 2018
Good for him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bolaji Abdullahi Resigns From APC by iammo(m): 12:28pm On Aug 01, 2018
Bye Mr abdulai. for people trying so hard to criminalize defection, trump had various time been a member of two other parties, same with Buhari been a former member of APP, ANPP and CPC. Democracy isn't only about provision of roads, bridges and boreholes, (even a dictator can provide that) democracy is about respect of human rights; like freedom of speech, freedom of association without victimization. When MKO's right was violated people from north to south fought hard for our democracy to be restored, yet Buhari the PTDF chairman under abacha never spoke against such tyranny, General yaradua from same katsina fought for democracy till the last day, he could have accepted a juicy position like Buhari did and sing praises to a tyrant he never did. Same abacha that killed kudirat (a woman?) yet Mr integrity supported him and sang praises. So please let anyone defect when they want to, cos nobody holy pass

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bolaji Abdullahi Resigns From APC by CriticMaestro: 12:28pm On Aug 01, 2018
PDP are behaving as if they have been bought by this rich Arabs...see them signing players up and down

85 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bolaji Abdullahi Resigns From APC by veekid(m): 12:28pm On Aug 01, 2018
Don't correct the correct corrections corrected by the correct corrector because the correct corrections corrected by the correct corrector are correct.

Saraki is therefore correct by leaving a party that fails to correct their errors.

We shall correct them by voting them out both APC and PDP

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bolaji Abdullahi Resigns From APC by bedspread: 12:28pm On Aug 01, 2018
I Said This Yesterday...
Seriously speaking, Nigeria will win in 2019
I see Glory days ahead for Our Nation!
Impunity of Every sort will be a thing of the past... be it PDP, APC or whatever...

Oshimole subtly took over the Spokesman role

Maybe Former Activist Keyamo to the Rescue

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bolaji Abdullahi Resigns From APC by BruncleZuma: 12:29pm On Aug 01, 2018
grin grin grin grin

The 7 Stages of Grieving a Breakup and or a Defection

Desperate for Answers - The drive to know is consuming and can come at the expense of rational thoughts and behaviors. They start holding meetings at odd hours and demand oaths of allegiance from the participants.

Denial - They whip their mouthpieces and media machinery into high gear to counter and deflect attention.

It can't be true - They laugh off SaharaReporters and other's expose

Bargaining - They are willing to give anything to avoid accepting it's over excluding the presidency.

Relapse - They head back to vicious and outright lies and propaganda

Anger - Even more vicious lies and brain-numbing propaganda plus the EFCC, Police and other institutions of government like the FIRS and FSARS and non-state actors like NTA, TVC and the Nation are unleashed on perceived defectors and saboteurs.

Then in 2019 - We kick them the hell out.

9 Likes

Re: Bolaji Abdullahi Resigns From APC by zico530(m): 12:29pm On Aug 01, 2018
grin Things are falling apart in the APC family.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bolaji Abdullahi Resigns From APC by Nobody: 12:29pm On Aug 01, 2018
Some people go dey loot money as we dey busy watching film

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bolaji Abdullahi Resigns From APC by TPAND(f): 12:29pm On Aug 01, 2018
Chaaaaiiiiii Oturugbeke oooo!!! APC dismantling into bits. Remaining Tinubu and his camp

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bolaji Abdullahi Resigns From APC by NLFINEST(m): 12:29pm On Aug 01, 2018
They will come after you in a jiffy..
Re: Bolaji Abdullahi Resigns From APC by mcevans1(m): 12:29pm On Aug 01, 2018
NgeneUkwenu:

Take heart bro. I know how painful it feels.

[/quote]

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bolaji Abdullahi Resigns From APC by ruggedmallaam(m): 12:30pm On Aug 01, 2018
H
Re: Bolaji Abdullahi Resigns From APC by Originality007: 12:30pm On Aug 01, 2018
grin by dec na only Oshiomole and Buhari go remain for APC, even Tinubu will decamp grin grin grin

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bolaji Abdullahi Resigns From APC by flex04(m): 12:30pm On Aug 01, 2018
The great iroko is going down grin grin grin

Yea this one still get talk for mouth

My Reasons for Defecting from APC to PDP – Saraki

1 Like

Re: Bolaji Abdullahi Resigns From APC by LastSurvivor11: 12:30pm On Aug 01, 2018
He is a progressive and a man of integrity who wants the best for the nation......APC/BMC 2015

He has been a mole and a looter with no political value. ......APC/BMC 2018

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bolaji Abdullahi Resigns From APC by Lilimax(f): 12:30pm On Aug 01, 2018
London bridges falling down...
Falling down....
Falling down...
shocked shocked shocked

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bolaji Abdullahi Resigns From APC by frowland(m): 12:31pm On Aug 01, 2018
Okay
Re: Bolaji Abdullahi Resigns From APC by Propene: 12:31pm On Aug 01, 2018
In the best interest of APC, they should open their doors wide open, anyone that wants to leave should leave.

FG should also not run after defectors(For reconciliation or persecution), focus on building a strong foundation for the party and watch who you admit into the party folds.

Although election is around the corner and performance of APC has been below par, APC should strive to give good governance and prepare for the next election.

No distractions, just focus!

From observation, there isn't one strategist in APC. Don't f**king react to any hit/set backs, take the blow and plan 3 steps ahead. Sacrifice some piece, just to check mate the king.

3 Likes

Re: Bolaji Abdullahi Resigns From APC by SokoDobo: 12:31pm On Aug 01, 2018
Na wa ooo
Re: Bolaji Abdullahi Resigns From APC by Opinionated: 12:31pm On Aug 01, 2018
shocked shocked
Re: Bolaji Abdullahi Resigns From APC by Originality007: 12:31pm On Aug 01, 2018
NgeneUkwenu:

oya speak the trash as usual... angry

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bolaji Abdullahi Resigns From APC by Femiblack05: 12:32pm On Aug 01, 2018
This defection is becoming something else

Get any books of your choice now sent directly to your mail or whatsapp , Academic textbooks from all specializations , Novels from myriads of great authors, fiction, melodrama, sci-fi, paralegal, crime, comedy, Autobiographies, drama, Journals from different fields, Adventure etc at a very cheap and affordable rate (#300). Call or whatsapp us on 0.8.1.0.6.0..3.9.9.9.8 for your books now!!!!
Re: Bolaji Abdullahi Resigns From APC by Catsmith: 12:32pm On Aug 01, 2018
Dem don dey go one by one. Idiotic people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bolaji Abdullahi Resigns From APC by tayo4ng(m): 12:32pm On Aug 01, 2018
The game is getting more interesting

1 Like

Re: Bolaji Abdullahi Resigns From APC by dynicks(m): 12:32pm On Aug 01, 2018
zombies right now....this is becoming too much for us to bear.....
what's really happening?...can we really bear d shame?....oh!..

zombies contemplating right now....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bolaji Abdullahi Resigns From APC by Oluwaseyi456(m): 12:32pm On Aug 01, 2018
Session of decamping, ,,all npower should al9do DSAME

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Throwback Photo Of Muhammadu Buhari As A Handsome Young Man / Oil Wells: Wike Reacts To Supreme Court Judgement / Nigerians Criticise Garba Shehu For Addressing Jonathan As "President"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.