Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,927 members, 7,803,016 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 07:27 AM

A Nairalander's Letter To His School Sons As He Completes Service - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / A Nairalander's Letter To His School Sons As He Completes Service (615 Views)

Fish Seller Buys A Car As She Completes Her NYSC (photos) / This Cripple Man Completes His NYSC, Deserves Some Accolades. PHOTOS / Simon Godwin Idoko Made First Class After Writing JAMB 6 Times, Completes NYSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Nairalander's Letter To His School Sons As He Completes Service by pedronule(m): 3:15pm On Aug 01, 2018
LETTER TO MY SCHOOL SONS
Difference O. Divine
Goddey O. Progress
Dear Progress/Divine, I know how hard it is for you to accept the fact that I'm no longer going to be here with you, reason being that I've finished my one year compulsory service Corp to my fatherland and country and I'm embarking on this mission back home. No matter how much you want me to stay here, there are also people over there at home that wants me too, maybe much more than you want me here. By way of pleading, please accept my decision to go in good fate, bearing in mind that life is in stages and with different milestones. Try not to shed a tear, emotions are part of us but shouldn't circumvent what needs to be done. In each stage of life, what really count is the ability to impact positively the lives of those that comes across us, this is all there's to life in my own 'crinkum crankum' (personal opinion).

Below are few tips I'd want to leave behind with you.

ABOUT YOURSELF
Always strive to improve on every area of your abilities. Bear in mind that you aren't on any competition with anybody whosoever and don't try to copy or envy anyone because in life, we all have different question papers.

ABOUT FAMILY
Always strive to be that boy mummy and daddy will be proud of. Be hardworking, diligent, zealous, obedient, cheerful, disciplined, meek, prayerful, responsible, and helpful. Learn how to give a helping hand to siblings and don't wait to be told what you know you should do ordinarily.

ABOUT FRIENDS
My son, who is your friend? Know this that friendship is by choice and not on the contrary. The friends you keep will either make you or mar you. Your friends are a pointer to your destination in life and asuch, you have to be careful who you call your friend. Don't have anything to do with anyone of questionable character. Remember, a goat that keeps company with yam eating goats will sooner than later learn how to eat yam.

ABOUT SCHOOL
Learn how to address your female teachers as 'MA' and male teachers as 'SIR', both in greeting, asking questions or asking for assistance. Make reading and studying a ritual, shun cultism and ill social vices, moral decadence and behavioral nuisance. Always ask questions where you don't understand. Hard work, sacrifice and self denial pays. Give a helping hand to colleagues, be at the right place and at the right time, follow instructions to the latter, shun NDWs (never do well) and NFA (no future ambition) oriented people. Remember that a huge difference exist between a friend and a class mate.

ABOUT THE FAITH
Love God, imitate Christ, be a doer of the words and precepts of the Holy Book (Bible). Learn to fellowship with your creator in prayers, extend a hand of hope to those whose faith are downtrodden, pray for others, pray for the church/congregation of Jesus Christ and the Saints. Always know this, a day cometh when all shall give account of what was done here in the flesh.

ABOUT LIFE IN GENERAL
Progress/Divine my son, there's nothing in this present world that's worth dieing for. Be contented with what you have, not all that glitter is gold. Do not covet anyone or anything on earth because nothing in life is permanent, all will perish but only those that do the will of Jehovah God will forever live in paradise. As far as practicable, follow peace with all men, avoid the cause of all evil which is the extreme love of money, befriend those that are headed for a definite, positive destination, shun all forms of fashion that doesn't glorify God, watch television with parental control, shun any tendency to abuse the social media or the likes (phone, computer, laptop, etc). Always know that everything has its time. Help the poor and needy, learn that things are to be used while humans are to be loved. Do what gives you joy, peace of mind, happiness and comfort. Always learn not to change your good behaviour in bad and critical times, life comes with the good and bad but the storms of life don't last for long. Ain't nothing bad with failure but failure to try again is the main failure. Learn to carry yourself with respect and dignity, mind your own business, run your race and wish others well.

I observed you to be shy, introverted and reserved, please work on it because people wouldn't have confidence in you until you give them a reason to. Believe in yourself. You must know that the most strongest force on earth is the human mind. Whatever the mind can conceive, it can actualise. Always learn to think before you talk, be fast to listen and slow to speak. Master this saying 'silence is golden'. Nothing goes wrong until you say something wrong. Be kind with your words, let your words impact people positively. Be kind, generous and affectionate just like me. It's not bad to be different from everyone else provided you have a strong conviction that you're doing the right thing.

Listen to advise from people and peers but in all things, use your discretion. What will keep you as you grow up are the things you learnt at home and adhered to. Don't allow anyone influence you with negativity, don't keep company with people that don't have values, character and morals. Hope for that light at the end of the tunnel, and the joy that comes with the morning. Drink your drugs when ill. Be truthful. Onyeka/Oghene my son, the fruit of honesty is God's unending blessings. Pray for the serenity to accept the things you can't change, change the things you can and know the difference between the two. Discover who you are (your assignment) on earth and bless humanity with it. Always strive to leave a place, person or thing better than you met it/him/her. Don't forget that life is short like very short.

ABOUT ME
Pray for me and please don't cry, although you can't help it. When you've kept everything I've written to you, look no further for me. These things made me whom I'm today and I want you to become better than me, that's when you would have made me happier than you thought. Please remember everything I advised, implored and chastined you to do, do them all. I wish you all the best in life, career and in your academic pursuit. God will be merciful unto you and bless you and cause His face to continually shine on you and your entire household today and always. Surely we shall see again but until then, I'll be on the other side of the river Niger.
It's hard to say but I must, Good bye son. I love you and I'm really gonna miss everything about you and every moment, the times and all that. I'll forever cherish our memories.

Goodbye Progress my son.
Goodbye Divine my son.

UKA, Emmanuel (Pedro)

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Letter To His School Sons As He Completes Service by Damolux01(m): 6:38am On Aug 04, 2018
Deep!

(1) (Reply)

If You Were Shortlisted For The Young Professionals Bootcamp Program 2018 Click / Minimum Wage / How A Corp Member Celebrated Her Birthday With Customized Uniform.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.