Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,439 members, 7,808,571 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:34 PM

Believe In Your Pra Pra, Assert Yourself! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Believe In Your Pra Pra, Assert Yourself! (250 Views)

5 Lies About Affiliate Marketing The Gurus Have Made You To Believe! / Believe in yourself and don't let anyone bring you down! / Step By Step How To Start POULTRY FARM In Small Scale - Free Pra Tical Training (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Believe In Your Pra Pra, Assert Yourself! by lanya: 3:35pm On Aug 01, 2018
Currently listening to Manya by Tiwa & Wizkid

Today is only Thursday and my week has already been very eventful. Not in the I woke up a billionaire way, more like why is everyone choosing this week to test my already short patience level?

Firstly, I got a message from a former friend who I hadn’t spoken to in over two years demanding to pick my brains about how to start a blog. Her opening text left a bitter taste in my mouth that has still refused to go away. If you want, i’ll post it up on my instastories. I responded twice to let her know how much I didn’t appreciate it and that was it. She keeps on sending messages about how much she needs the information which I intend to continue reading and disregarding .

Just before I started writing this, someone posted a meme on her Whatsapp story and mentioned me. I almost ignored it but I’m glad I didn’t. I told her off, she apologized and took it down.

Which brings me to today’s message; how to be assertive and stand up for yourself.

Assertiveness (n) : the quality of being self-assured and confident without being aggressive. In the field of psychology and psychotherapy, it is a learnable skill and mode of communication.

I am not known for being a push over so it is always a shock when someone starts behaving in a weird disrespectful manner towards me, like boo you should know not to. I realize a lot of us are scared of asserting ourselves because we don’t want to be disrespectful. Well, this is why I am here, to help you live your best life.

Answer this, what stops you from standing up for yourself? Are you afraid of being seen as a bully or a problematic person?

Nobody likes conflict so sometimes it seems easier to just go with the flow in order to avoid conflict. Letting people walk all over you will ultimately cause you more stress. Learning to stand up for yourself will help you take charge of your life, believe in your own pra pra and embolden you to get your life. The stronger you feel, the stronger you will become.

Try these out whenever you feel someone is taking advantage of your kindness

Be open about what you are feeling. If you feel someone’s tone is rude, do not force yourself into not feeling slighted. Feel what you feel.
Carry yourself more confidently. do not cower. The more confident you look, the more confident you will feel and before you know it, you will see the confidence seeping out into your daily interactions with others. If someone cuts in front of you at a queue and you are upset about it, politely ask them to move back. Most times they will because they weren’t expecting it.

Vocalize. No one is a mind reader, if you feel disrespected or taken advantage of , speak up. Sometimes the other party doesn’t even know what they’re doing. Some people are just wired to be everlasting takers, they will take your life if you don’t speak up. So, speak up.

4. Resist the temptation to react in the same manner as the one who is trying to override you. Remain calm and speak your mind. Your...read more @https://olliealley./2018/07/12/believe-in-your-pra-pra-assert-yourself/

(1) (Reply)

Build A Career In Affiliate Marketing ~ Join FREE Training Sept. 03 / Corporate Sales Representative At Andrex Chase / #1 Money Making Opportunity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.