Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,044 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:37 AM

Violent Protests In Ore, Ondo State Over Non-existent Power Supply - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Violent Protests In Ore, Ondo State Over Non-existent Power Supply (615 Views)

Edu Received Funds For Flight Tickets From Abuja To Non-Existent Kogi Airport / How Buhari Spent N8trn On ‘non-existent’ Petrol Subsidies / Non-existent Eser Contracting And Industry Company Was Awarded Railway Contract (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Violent Protests In Ore, Ondo State Over Non-existent Power Supply by Naijiant: 6:24pm On Aug 01, 2018
Thousands of residents of Ore in Ondo State staged what was reportedly a violent protest from 10am today about what a witness at the scene described as "the non-connection of electricity for six years to their community".  Protesters held a rally in the town barricading roads demanding from the power companies: "Bring back our light".
More and pictures from an eyewitness: https://www.naijiant.com/articles/violent-protests-in-ore-ogun-state-over-non-existent-power-supply/
Re: Violent Protests In Ore, Ondo State Over Non-existent Power Supply by kayusely70(m): 6:31pm On Aug 01, 2018
Ore Is in ondo state, stop posting falsehood.
Re: Violent Protests In Ore, Ondo State Over Non-existent Power Supply by Naijiant: 6:55pm On Aug 01, 2018
kayusely70:
Ore Is in ondo state, stop posting falsehood.
Do you know the difference b/w mistake and falsehood?
Re: Violent Protests In Ore, Ondo State Over Non-existent Power Supply by LaudableXX: 11:28pm On Aug 01, 2018
Naijiant:
More and pictures from an eyewitness: https://www.naijiant.com/articles/violent-protests-in-ore-ogun-state-over-non-existent-power-supply/
Which DISCO is in charge of that area? Is it BEDC? I will not be surprised, if they are the one. They are gradually acquiring the reputation of the most inefficient DisCo in Nigeria, second only to EKEDC in Lagos. angry

See as Ore people are complaining, yet Omotosho I and II Power Stations, are located right within Ondo State, not too far from Ore, just about 50 km away. undecided
Re: Violent Protests In Ore, Ondo State Over Non-existent Power Supply by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:30am On Aug 02, 2018
Why are you bloggers like this? Posting false information just to draw traffic to your useless blog. This is not how Linda Ikeji and Seun Osewa did it. Publishing fake info dies more damage to the reputation of your blog. I think your blog should be blacklisted.

I am based in Ore. And for that yeye blogger info there has been power supply in the town and even in remote settlements like forever. The only town that has issue is Okitipupa and axis. Ore as I am typing have their power intact. OP should look for another lie
Re: Violent Protests In Ore, Ondo State Over Non-existent Power Supply by Naijiant: 9:20am On Aug 02, 2018
FOLYKAZE:
Why are you bloggers like this? Posting false information just to draw traffic to your useless blog. This is not how Linda Ikeji and Seun Osewa did it. Publishing fake info dies more damage to the reputation of your blog. I think your blog should be blacklisted.

I am based in Ore. And for that yeye blogger info there has been power supply in the town and even in remote settlements like forever. The only town that has issue is Okitipupa and axis. Ore as I am typing have their power intact. OP should look for another lie
Liar from the Buhari Media Centre. So who were the people protesting in Ore yesterday that blocked traffic on the Lagos-Benin highway for over 6 hours? Shame on you!
Re: Violent Protests In Ore, Ondo State Over Non-existent Power Supply by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:52am On Aug 02, 2018
Naijiant:

Liar from the Buhari Media Centre. So who were the people protesting in Ore yesterday that blocked traffic on the Lagos-Benin highway for over 6 hours? Shame on you!

So it is all about BMC and party politics. It is not about objectivity, rationality and sensitization? Common dude, the media don't drive on misinformation to become acceptable.

For your info, I am based in Ore. Power is supplied from Osogbo through 11 and 33 Kva line. Those connected to the old line have constant 5-10hrs power supply everyday. And those connected to the 33kv line have about 15-20hr power supply everyday. All the villages and communities between Ondo Town and Ore (Odigbo, Ajue, Omifon and the likes have 24 hrs supply because they are less populated there. The 33kv passes through Show boy express to Iroju area. There are lot of industries along this line, very populated and cost of living high but they have regular supply. The only area that is not connect is Ogbe, olowo and lafe. These areas are not in Ore. They are farm zones populated by Ikale and its in Irele LGA though have a very close proximity to Ore. Also, the new sites and kajola ojurin are not connected yet. Anyone living in Ore even residence of Iroju, Gboguntesu and Show axis cuz like there stays for over 15hrs every day.

In Okitipupa, Ese Odo and Irele LGA,there have been no supply there for years. And the current government is making endless effort to conect them to Omotosho grid. There are power poles in place that passes through Ode-Aye to Okitipupa.

The only time had issue in Ore is last year during the raining season when some supply poles got damaged by the trees that fell on it. And it took the engineers about three weeks to fix it. Another case is this year when a truck load ram and damage more than 10 poles. The driver settled the Power Engineers and it was fixed within a week or two. So where in hell did you find non supply of power for three years? Do you even live in Ore?

And I need to ask you...which part of Ore-Benin exprrss does the protest took place? Cuz yesterday, there was nothing like protest around Ondo junction, Adolak axis or Frankel axis. So tell us where the protest took place exactly.
Re: Violent Protests In Ore, Ondo State Over Non-existent Power Supply by Naijiant: 10:49am On Aug 02, 2018
FOLYKAZE:

So it is all about BMC and party politics. It is not about objectivity, rationality and sensitization? Common dude, the media don't drive on misinformation to become acceptable.

For your info, I am based in Ore. Power is supplied from Osogbo through 11 and 33 Kva line. Those connected to the old line have constant 5-10hrs power supply everyday. And those connected to the 33kv line have about 15-20hr power supply everyday. All the villages and communities between Ondo Town and Ore (Odigbo, Ajue, Omifon and the likes have 24 hrs supply because they are less populated there. The 33kv passes through Show boy express to Iroju area. There are lot of industries along this line, very populated and cost of living high but they have regular supply. The only area that is not connect is Ogbe, olowo and lafe. These areas are not in Ore. They are farm zones populated by Ikale and its in Irele LGA though have a very close proximity to Ore. Also, the new sites and kajola ojurin are not connected yet. Anyone living in Ore even residence of Iroju, Gboguntesu and Show axis cuz like there stays for over 15hrs every day.

In Okitipupa, Ese Odo and Irele LGA,there have been no supply there for years. And the current government is making endless effort to conect them to Omotosho grid. There are power poles in place that passes through Ode-Aye to Okitipupa.

The only time had issue in Ore is last year during the raining season when some supply poles got damaged by the trees that fell on it. And it took the engineers about three weeks to fix it. Another case is this year when a truck load ram and damage more than 10 poles. The driver settled the Power Engineers and it was fixed within a week or two. So where in hell did you find non supply of power for three years? Do you even live in Ore?

And I need to ask you...which part of Ore-Benin exprrss does the protest took place? Cuz yesterday, there was nothing like protest around Ondo junction, Adolak axis or Frankel axis. So tell us where the protest took place exactly.
The report was from an eyewitness with pictures. If you know the road, you should recognise where the pics were taken from.

https://twitter.com/PrincessOlah1/status/1024816255398756353
Re: Violent Protests In Ore, Ondo State Over Non-existent Power Supply by dlondonbadboy: 10:51am On Aug 02, 2018
No light in Nigeria and the youths are fighting themselves....Fools

Heard th3 guys have not had light in 10years
Re: Violent Protests In Ore, Ondo State Over Non-existent Power Supply by kayusely70(m): 1:42pm On Aug 04, 2018
I'm sorry
Re: Violent Protests In Ore, Ondo State Over Non-existent Power Supply by alexarelano(m): 11:24am On Feb 09, 2019
FOLYKAZE:

Love this

(1) (Reply)

Benzema Overtakes Ronaldo As He Scores Landmark Goal For Real Madrid / Black Rain Falls From The Sky In Ihitte Okwe Community, Imo State / Who Still Remember This????

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.