Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,944 members, 7,806,733 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:07 PM

Aisha Jummai Alhassan Resigns From Buhari Cabinet To Vie For Taraba Governorship - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aisha Jummai Alhassan Resigns From Buhari Cabinet To Vie For Taraba Governorship (27855 Views)

Col. Agbu Kefas Wins Taraba Governorship Election In A Landslide / Jummai Alhassan 'Mama Taraba' Is Dead / Burial Of Jummai Abubakar, Tafawa Balewa’s Wife (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aisha Jummai Alhassan Resigns From Buhari Cabinet To Vie For Taraba Governorship by ijustdey: 10:28pm On Aug 01, 2018
By Emmanuel Aziken, Political Editor and Monsuru Olowoopejo

The minister of women affairs and social development, Senator Aisha Alhassan has resigned her position in order to contest the 2019 governorship election.

President Muhammadu Buhari confirmed the resignation in his acceptance of her notification through a letter conveyed to her dated July 27, 2018.

In the letter, however, President Buhari raised a condition of supporting her so long as she vies on the platform of the All Progressives Congress, APC.

Alhassan had famously last September vowed that she would not support Buhari’s second term ambition on the claim that he had promised to serve only one term and that she would only support former Vice President Atiku Abubakar.

Abubakar who was at that time in the APC has now defected to the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP. It was yet unclear yesterday if she would follow Abubakar to the PDP.

Alhassan was the candidate of the APC in the 2015 governorship election and lost it by the whiskers.

In his acceptance of her resignation letter, Buhari said:

I have today received your letter notifying me of your intention to contest for the governorship of Taraba State in the 2019 election.

Let me thank you on behalf of the Federal Executive Council and Nigerians for your services as minister under this administration. I note with passion your past contribution to our great party APC during and after the 2015 elections.

As you are aware I am totally committed to free and fair elections. Our policy is to support all APC candidates. I wish you well in your ambition to be governor of your state. Rest assured that all security agencies as well as INEC will have my full support to conduct free, fair and transparent elections in 2019.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/08/breaking-alhassan-resigns-from-buharis-cabinet-to-vie-for-governorship/

1 Share

Re: Aisha Jummai Alhassan Resigns From Buhari Cabinet To Vie For Taraba Governorship by Topmaike007(m): 10:31pm On Aug 01, 2018
so ooooo mama taraba want to go again wow.

pmb till 2023

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aisha Jummai Alhassan Resigns From Buhari Cabinet To Vie For Taraba Governorship by kingvicking(m): 10:38pm On Aug 01, 2018
Hello guy,
please does anyone has any info about
"Prudential Zenith Insurance company" salaries and welfare packages ?

need this info in other to take a decision, was told we will have to go to Lagos for the training.

please what's the entry level salary packages like?

thanks in anticipation.
Re: Aisha Jummai Alhassan Resigns From Buhari Cabinet To Vie For Taraba Governorship by fashoo2010(m): 10:40pm On Aug 01, 2018
She will soon decamp to PDP... She is a die hard Atiku supporter... Let's see as event unfold

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Jummai Alhassan Resigns From Buhari Cabinet To Vie For Taraba Governorship by centoke30(m): 10:41pm On Aug 01, 2018
Now I know why this woman recanted after saying that she is loyal to Atiku.. seems clear now that Buhari promised her Taraba State

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Jummai Alhassan Resigns From Buhari Cabinet To Vie For Taraba Governorship by Munzy14(m): 10:46pm On Aug 01, 2018
Madam better join the moving train o, no go stay inside molue for soap to enter ur eye o. This one no be see and buy weh happen for ekiti o. No 30,000 police for this one. it's purely pvc and merry.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Jummai Alhassan Resigns From Buhari Cabinet To Vie For Taraba Governorship by sagio09: 10:52pm On Aug 01, 2018
undecided
Re: Aisha Jummai Alhassan Resigns From Buhari Cabinet To Vie For Taraba Governorship by Topmaike007(m): 11:11pm On Aug 01, 2018
fashoo2010:
She will soon decamp to PDP... She is a die hard Atiku supporter... Let's see as event unfold
I don't think so. cos the incumbent Governor is from the opposition party.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Jummai Alhassan Resigns From Buhari Cabinet To Vie For Taraba Governorship by Topmaike007(m): 11:12pm On Aug 01, 2018
Munzy14:
Madam better join the moving train o, no go stay inside molue for soap to enter ur eye o. This one no be see and buy weh happen for ekiti o. No 30,000 police for this one. it's purely pvc and merry.
oga will you tell the incumbent Governor to step down for her?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Jummai Alhassan Resigns From Buhari Cabinet To Vie For Taraba Governorship by Topmaike007(m): 11:16pm On Aug 01, 2018
centoke30:
Now I know why this woman recanted after saying that she is loyal to Atiku.. seems clear now that Buhari promised her Taraba State
bro na him ooo, appointment thing on point.
Re: Aisha Jummai Alhassan Resigns From Buhari Cabinet To Vie For Taraba Governorship by lonlytroy(m): 3:08am On Aug 02, 2018
Lost Nation
Re: Aisha Jummai Alhassan Resigns From Buhari Cabinet To Vie For Taraba Governorship by Nobody: 5:32am On Aug 02, 2018
She will decamp to PDP. She was Atiku's eye in the Presidency.

3 Likes

Re: Aisha Jummai Alhassan Resigns From Buhari Cabinet To Vie For Taraba Governorship by Lawalatm: 5:47am On Aug 02, 2018
Mild defection cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Aisha Jummai Alhassan Resigns From Buhari Cabinet To Vie For Taraba Governorship by Bossontop(m): 6:13am On Aug 02, 2018
undecided
Re: Aisha Jummai Alhassan Resigns From Buhari Cabinet To Vie For Taraba Governorship by Chuksonyeike: 6:17am On Aug 02, 2018
We all know a Muslim can't win in taraba.Definitely not in the wake of the recent herdsmen attacks.She stands no chance

9 Likes

Re: Aisha Jummai Alhassan Resigns From Buhari Cabinet To Vie For Taraba Governorship by magoo10(m): 6:22am On Aug 02, 2018
Aisha na atiku baby and mole ,this one is a subtle way of decamping even fayemi resigned barely a month to his governorship election. If you know you know

1 Like

Re: Aisha Jummai Alhassan Resigns From Buhari Cabinet To Vie For Taraba Governorship by FarahAideed: 6:54am On Aug 02, 2018
Let's just say she decamped with style
Re: Aisha Jummai Alhassan Resigns From Buhari Cabinet To Vie For Taraba Governorship by Butterflyleo: 6:56am On Aug 02, 2018
FarahAideed:
Let's just say she decamped with style

Decamped with which style?

Here is the letter itself attached here.

She said she is contesting Under APC

You wish she decamped didn't you? grin cheesy

Sorry for you

5 Likes

Re: Aisha Jummai Alhassan Resigns From Buhari Cabinet To Vie For Taraba Governorship by Bossontop(m): 7:14am On Aug 02, 2018
Music to my ears

Re: Aisha Jummai Alhassan Resigns From Buhari Cabinet To Vie For Taraba Governorship by omowolewa: 7:28am On Aug 02, 2018
Goodluck, mamaT.

Though, win is another ball game

1 Like

Re: Aisha Jummai Alhassan Resigns From Buhari Cabinet To Vie For Taraba Governorship by Olatunji1929: 8:32am On Aug 02, 2018
Her faction is not in control of taraba state apc she wont get ticket and she will eventually dump apc 4 pdp

3 Likes

Re: Aisha Jummai Alhassan Resigns From Buhari Cabinet To Vie For Taraba Governorship by obi4eze(m): 8:34am On Aug 02, 2018
smiley
Re: Aisha Jummai Alhassan Resigns From Buhari Cabinet To Vie For Taraba Governorship by Nobody: 9:30am On Aug 02, 2018
fashoo2010:
Is she defects to PDP, she is riding her political horse to the grave, cos the incumbent is PDP

5 Likes

Re: Aisha Jummai Alhassan Resigns From Buhari Cabinet To Vie For Taraba Governorship by SEONaijaExpert: 9:30am On Aug 02, 2018
All the best mama Taraba! I hope you scale primaries though you have a chance.
Re: Aisha Jummai Alhassan Resigns From Buhari Cabinet To Vie For Taraba Governorship by RexTramadol1: 9:31am On Aug 02, 2018
All I see is Vacancy somewhere.
Re: Aisha Jummai Alhassan Resigns From Buhari Cabinet To Vie For Taraba Governorship by kolafolabi(m): 9:32am On Aug 02, 2018
It's long overdue. I wish her a successful decamping to PDP because they will never give her the APC ticket... Sai Atiku! Sai Baba!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Afenifere Adopts Atiku Abubarkar, Says Osinbajo Betrayed Yorubas / Funke Cole: Arise TV Needs To Rise Above Mediocrity, Partisanship / Ondo: Dignitaries, Residents Pay Last Respects To Akeredolu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.