Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,149 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:49 AM

Kenyan Girl Pictured Hanging On A Motorbike Carrying Firewood Gets Help - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Kenyan Girl Pictured Hanging On A Motorbike Carrying Firewood Gets Help (39763 Views)

Uber Rider Gets Stoned For Filming Passengers Hanging On A Train In Lagos (Pics) / Man Eating Breakfast While Hanging On A Moving Bus In Lagos (Photos) / Topless Lady On A Motorbike Along Lekki Expressway In Lagos. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kenyan Girl Pictured Hanging On A Motorbike Carrying Firewood Gets Help by HeWrites(m): 5:16am On Aug 02, 2018
A 13-year-old Kenyan school-girl, who was photographed hanging dangerously on a motorbike carrying has received help from a Nairobi-based Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO).

Faith Jepchirchir went viral on the internet after her photo was shared on social media.

According to the Standard, the young girl had reportedly walked for seven kilometers to help her grandmother gather firewood which she sells for their up-keep. A boda boda rider offered to help ferry the firewood with the girl balancing atop the bike.

A social media user quickly snapped the photos which later made rounds on social media as jokes and memes.

The NGO, Soles for African Child, traced the girl to her grandmother’s home in Elgeyo Marakwet and gave her several pair of shoes. She has also received dozen of offers from well-wishers who are willing to support and finance her education.

Faith, who aspires to be a medical doctor told the NGO thats she plans to buy her first pair of shoes with her first salary. Her teachers describe her as hardworking and disciplined.

https://www.torimill.co/world/9150/kenyan-girl-pictured-hanging-dangerously-on-a-motorbike-carrying-firewood-gets-help.html

12 Likes

Re: Kenyan Girl Pictured Hanging On A Motorbike Carrying Firewood Gets Help by PrincessB1(f): 5:40am On Aug 02, 2018
Hmmm

Congrat girl

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenyan Girl Pictured Hanging On A Motorbike Carrying Firewood Gets Help by Obainoneandonly(m): 5:40am On Aug 02, 2018
her CHI has answered her prayers

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenyan Girl Pictured Hanging On A Motorbike Carrying Firewood Gets Help by chiommy123(f): 6:03am On Aug 02, 2018
nice one from this NGO

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kenyan Girl Pictured Hanging On A Motorbike Carrying Firewood Gets Help by dollytino4real(f): 6:08am On Aug 02, 2018
It is well
Re: Kenyan Girl Pictured Hanging On A Motorbike Carrying Firewood Gets Help by Munzy14(m): 6:12am On Aug 02, 2018
Our help cometh from the lord!.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kenyan Girl Pictured Hanging On A Motorbike Carrying Firewood Gets Help by Nobody: 6:21am On Aug 02, 2018
Poverty is a sin.

20 Likes

Re: Kenyan Girl Pictured Hanging On A Motorbike Carrying Firewood Gets Help by DIKEnaWAR: 6:45am On Aug 02, 2018
Being born in Africa is the greatest calamity that will befall one. When I schooled briefly abroad, the things my mates took for granted, were the things I cherished. Came home hating all our leaders from Azikiwe, Awo, Bello to Buhari of today. These men are just daft and shouldn't rule over people...not even animals.

128 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Kenyan Girl Pictured Hanging On A Motorbike Carrying Firewood Gets Help by SEONaijaExpert: 10:05am On Aug 02, 2018
Not only that there's serious poverty in Africa, our mentality is risky.

She can possible manage at the front of that bike man rather than hanging that way.

5 Likes

Re: Kenyan Girl Pictured Hanging On A Motorbike Carrying Firewood Gets Help by Sirpaul(m): 10:05am On Aug 02, 2018
poverty is a sin.....

Lord Heal AFRICA!.

4 Likes

Re: Kenyan Girl Pictured Hanging On A Motorbike Carrying Firewood Gets Help by GrammarNazi1(m): 10:06am On Aug 02, 2018
DIKEnaWAR:
Being born in Africa is the greatest calamity that will befall one. When I schooled briefly abroad, the things my mates took for granted, we're the things I cherished. Came home hating all our leaders from Azikiwe, Awo, Bello to Buhari of today. These men are just daft and shouldn't rule over people...not even animals.
...were...

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Girl Pictured Hanging On A Motorbike Carrying Firewood Gets Help by TalkTalkTwins(m): 10:06am On Aug 02, 2018
Poverty issa biche angry

Important!
If you can write, then why not start making money?
We have written over 20 sites that pay writers in Nigeria
Their pays are very fine and I'm sure you can't reject.

Hurry apply now!
Many have deadlines please...
Re: Kenyan Girl Pictured Hanging On A Motorbike Carrying Firewood Gets Help by Nobody: 10:07am On Aug 02, 2018
;Dmake she smile na
Re: Kenyan Girl Pictured Hanging On A Motorbike Carrying Firewood Gets Help by opyzy(m): 10:07am On Aug 02, 2018
dPriv:
The real slay queen.
what brought slay queen into this now? undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenyan Girl Pictured Hanging On A Motorbike Carrying Firewood Gets Help by Pidginwhisper: 10:07am On Aug 02, 2018
shocked
Re: Kenyan Girl Pictured Hanging On A Motorbike Carrying Firewood Gets Help by Abeeja: 10:08am On Aug 02, 2018
OMG...The girl doesn't look like a female as a result of poverty.

God will deliver us in this Africa.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenyan Girl Pictured Hanging On A Motorbike Carrying Firewood Gets Help by Jenomtwist(m): 10:09am On Aug 02, 2018
Afrikaa.Afrikaa.jst a mention of it...

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Girl Pictured Hanging On A Motorbike Carrying Firewood Gets Help by oglalasioux(m): 10:09am On Aug 02, 2018
The universe made us in different and unequal ways. Our only hope is to help each.

Those that wait for the Lord...shall wait forever.

This is the only way we can make the world a better place.

2 Likes

Re: Kenyan Girl Pictured Hanging On A Motorbike Carrying Firewood Gets Help by Desdola(m): 10:11am On Aug 02, 2018
And someone would blame the devil if an accident happens
Re: Kenyan Girl Pictured Hanging On A Motorbike Carrying Firewood Gets Help by Nobody: 10:11am On Aug 02, 2018
Poverty i reject u,never will i experience u again,nt even in anoda lifetime

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kenyan Girl Pictured Hanging On A Motorbike Carrying Firewood Gets Help by ibori1(m): 10:11am On Aug 02, 2018
grin

is like those men beside her also need help

lol

2 Likes

Re: Kenyan Girl Pictured Hanging On A Motorbike Carrying Firewood Gets Help by Adakintroy: 10:12am On Aug 02, 2018
Nice one. The guy try. Changing nigeria will take one person at a time from now on.. we have seen our leaders hate responsibilty. ( I wonder what they thought leadership was). So pls let's take it upon ourselves to do it.

It's not enough to point at the wrong and complain. Let's try and change it. You might just be the one to trigger the uprising.

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Girl Pictured Hanging On A Motorbike Carrying Firewood Gets Help by Bobbyjay001(m): 10:13am On Aug 02, 2018
dPriv:
The real slay queen.

What's your definition of Slay queen?
Re: Kenyan Girl Pictured Hanging On A Motorbike Carrying Firewood Gets Help by Nobody: 10:14am On Aug 02, 2018
People are actually living on the rough side of life, so saddening.

Sometimes I see myself as a spoilt ungrateful fvcker with all the privileges I have, yet I still long for that Bill Gates money.
(Please I'm a broke niccur and definitely not living in opulence) wink

Thanks for reaching out 'good Samaritans'

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Girl Pictured Hanging On A Motorbike Carrying Firewood Gets Help by AngelicBeing: 10:14am On Aug 02, 2018
DIKEnaWAR:
Being born in Africa is the greatest calamity that will befall one. When I schooled briefly abroad, the things my mates took for granted, we're the things I cherished. Came home hating all our leaders from Azikiwe, Awo, Bello to Buhari of today. These men are just daft and shouldn't rule over people...not even animals.
cool

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Accident In Jos Kills Many On Yingi Road (Disturbing Photos) / The Beauty Of A Kenyan Safari . Here's My Journey In Pictures / How Amosun Left Roads In Akute-Alagbole-Ajuwon (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.