Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,232 members, 7,807,767 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:48 PM

Amodu Vs Largerback: Who Is The Worst? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Amodu Vs Largerback: Who Is The Worst? (6499 Views)

Poll: Who Is The Worst ?

Amoudu: 58% (34 votes)
Lagerback: 41% (24 votes)
This poll has ended

Amodu Ruined My Dream - Kanu / Amodu Blasts His Critics / Nigeria Sack Amodu, Draw Up Hiddink-led Shortlist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amodu Vs Largerback: Who Is The Worst? by done4blue(m): 7:33pm On Jun 18, 2010
foreign and local which one better pass
Re: Amodu Vs Largerback: Who Is The Worst? by deb(m): 9:28pm On Jun 18, 2010
First it is not a matter of foreign vs local coach that is mediocrity thinking. We should focus on competence. Siasia is a local coach and he is fantastic in his right and will always get the commendation of the football fans not for his skin or where he came from but his mode of victories and performances.

Now to answer you.

If NFF sacks Largerback today, he will get another job from a serious country with future plans in maximum of 2months but since Amodu was sacked how many countries have contacted him? Not even Tanzania.

I don't like the idea of win anyhow even at the detriment of developing our football for sustainable success like Brazil, Germany and Italy are doing
Re: Amodu Vs Largerback: Who Is The Worst? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jun 18, 2010
Lagerback is white Amodu

they are the same
Re: Amodu Vs Largerback: Who Is The Worst? by semid4lyfe(m): 10:06pm On Jun 18, 2010
mikeansy:

Lagerback is white Amodu

they are the same
Na lie. . .Amodu better pass Lagerback. Lagerback is the worst coach we've had in a long time.

I hope NFF does not renew his contract after the World Cup.
Re: Amodu Vs Largerback: Who Is The Worst? by Sagamite(m): 10:25pm On Jun 18, 2010
deb:

If NFF sacks Largerback today, he will get another job from a serious country with future plans in maximum of 2months but since Amodu was sacked how many countries have contacted him? Not even Tanzania.

This is your sensible reason?

You think black coaches have the same chances as white coaches?

So what you have effectively said is that whites are more inteligent as there are more whites get coaching jobs more than blacks after their playing career.
Re: Amodu Vs Largerback: Who Is The Worst? by Ikengawo: 10:30pm On Jun 18, 2010
LOL if lagerback is sacked nobody but nigerians will be slow enough to draft him
he was a VICE coach on a 3rd rate european team and you think he's going to take you to world cup victory?
sweden dropped him cause he sucks and we took him in cause he's white

amodu was dropped cause he sucks, and isn't getting contracts based on his skin color, it's based on the fact that he sucks.

lagerback isn't a coach he's a vice coach for a horrible coach and we're trying to act like we have a coach now
Re: Amodu Vs Largerback: Who Is The Worst? by medjai(m): 10:33pm On Jun 18, 2010
Amodu still has a contract with the NFF.
Re: Amodu Vs Largerback: Who Is The Worst? by deb(m): 7:35am On Jun 19, 2010
Sagamite:

This is your sensible reason?

You think black coaches have the same chances as white coaches?

So what you have effectively said is that whites are more inteligent as there are more whites get coaching jobs more than blacks after their playing career.

If that is your own interpretation of my comment so be it for you.
Re: Amodu Vs Largerback: Who Is The Worst? by deb(m): 7:40am On Jun 19, 2010
medjai:

Amodu still has a contract with the NFF.

Only a man who has no self respect in the position of Amodu will believe he still has a job under NFF
Re: Amodu Vs Largerback: Who Is The Worst? by medjai(m): 7:55am On Jun 19, 2010
Its only in Africa and indeed Nigeria that doltish coaches like Lagerback can get a job. A coach that spent 8 years with the Swedish national team and the best he can show for it is a second round finish in the 2002 and 2006 world cup and another second round finish in Euro 2004. Even in the uncompetitive Swedish league, he couldnt win anything. Some guys still want him retained, funny though
Re: Amodu Vs Largerback: Who Is The Worst? by honeric01(m): 8:42am On Jun 19, 2010
deb:

Only a man who has no self respect in the position of Amodu will believe he still has a job under NFF

Now i know you know little about football, contract and the law.
Re: Amodu Vs Largerback: Who Is The Worst? by CarlosVent(m): 10:00am On Jun 19, 2010
D SPIRIT OF AMODU IS HUNTING NIGERIAN FOOTBALL UNTIL DEY PAY HIM HIS OUTSTANDING 300MILLION DEBTS.
Re: Amodu Vs Largerback: Who Is The Worst? by Sagamite(m): 11:10am On Jun 19, 2010
deb:

If that is your own interpretation of my comment so be it for you.

It is a completely fair intepretation if one of your analysis of why Lagerback is better than Amodu is because Lagerback can get a job instantly and Amodu cannot. Without you taking the context that as a white man, Lagerback has an advantage based on his skin and the continent where his experience is from.

It is on par with you saying whites in US are better than blacks as they can easily run for presidency and win than most blacks can.
Re: Amodu Vs Largerback: Who Is The Worst? by deb(m): 11:13am On Jun 19, 2010
honeric01:

Now i know you know little about football, contract and the law.

Watever!

In amodu's position, i would have slapped, spitted, shitted and urinated on Lulu's head.
Re: Amodu Vs Largerback: Who Is The Worst? by honeric01(m): 11:35am On Jun 19, 2010
300 million debts? when was that?

deb:

Watever!

In amodu's position, i would have slapped, spitted, shitted and urinated on Lulu's head.

But in Largerbeer's position, you will do what and what on Lulu's head? undecided
Re: Amodu Vs Largerback: Who Is The Worst? by Ranoscky(m): 12:10pm On Jun 19, 2010
^^xcersice some more patient for him (lars lagerback) not b'cos he's a white guy but b'cos it's too early to sack him
Re: Amodu Vs Largerback: Who Is The Worst? by thomas(m): 12:11pm On Jun 19, 2010
largerbak cant help us, he does not know our river so he cant teach us how to swim in it. Amodu is never good as a coach,Siasia is a great coach why not give him a chance? Ben Iroha once tried a good job where is he? we need a smart lad like siasia and the likes who will not adore or respect the boys,to take us far.if u want largerbak then next world cup is his chance.
Re: Amodu Vs Largerback: Who Is The Worst? by Gayigaskia(m): 12:24pm On Jun 19, 2010
This poster d.one4blue = Sagamite.

The way i see it Lagerback is the coach that we need , he will do good for this country if we give him a 4 years contract till Brazil 2014. The SE have improve a lot with him, i don't want to remember the Amodu days anymore; against Tunisia in Abuja is still giving me nightmares.
Re: Amodu Vs Largerback: Who Is The Worst? by Sagamite(m): 12:37pm On Jun 19, 2010
Gayigaskia:

This poster d.one4blue = Sagamite.

Eminem: B[i]tch, are you retarded?
Re: Amodu Vs Largerback: Who Is The Worst? by Gayigaskia(m): 12:49pm On Jun 19, 2010
Sagamite:

Eminem: B[i]tch, are you retarded?

I don't blame you. you are from Sagamu grin grin
Re: Amodu Vs Largerback: Who Is The Worst? by Sagamite(m): 1:04pm On Jun 19, 2010
Gayigaskia:

The way i see it Lagerback is the coach that we need , he will do good for this country if we give him a 4 years contract till Brazil 2014. The SE have improve a lot with him, i don't want to remember the Amodu days anymore; against Tunisia in Abuja is still giving me nightmares.

See arse kissing.

Improved a lot with 2 losses, player indiscipline and players missing empty net.

Unbelieveable oyinbo arse kissing.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-454738.0.html#msg6243866

Tell me the improvement you have seen and tell me what was wrong with Amodu's regime.
Re: Amodu Vs Largerback: Who Is The Worst? by Redman44(m): 1:30pm On Jun 19, 2010
Personally, I think both Amodu Shuaibu and Lars Lagerback are bad coaches. The difference between them is that one is more exposed than the other. Lagerback is from Sweden and he grew up in an environment where things work. He has been exposed to all kinds of Grade A facilities and worked with a well organized Swedish Football Federation. Amodu on the other hand grew up in a country where things do not work [ Nigeria ] and where good sporting facilities are hard to come by. He has also been unfortunate to have worked with a Nigerian Football Federation that has been consistently run by incompetent administrators for some time.

The problem with Nigerian Football is Systematic. No foreign coach [ Not even Jose Mourinho ] will succeed as Nigeria's Coach when the country's football has no structure. The Nigerian Football League is not developing and can't be compared to the 90's when our league flourished. Nigerian Football is being run by Charlatans and Mafia-like groups. It is all about the money now and the parasites running Nigerian Football do not care about putting infrastructure in place.  Without a vibrant football League, Nigerian Football will remain in the abyss of failure. Come to think of it, is it not from the Nigerian Premier League that Clemens Westerhof discovered George Finidi, Sunday Oliseh, Isaac Semitoje, Moses Kpakor etc? None of the current Super Eagles defenders can match Isaac Semitoje when he was playing for the Super Eagles. We need to develop grassroots football with the Government investing substantial sums of money in the league. A blueprint should be drawn up with the aim of making Nigeria's Premier League the best in Africa. We also need to tackle the issue of fielding over-aged players for FIFA'S U-17 and U-20 tournaments. This means we need to revive football in our secondary schools with the return of the Principals Cup all over the country. When the structures are put in place, it will be easy for a Foreign Coach to succeed in Nigeria. He will have a large pool of home based players to choose from and our Europe based players will sit up.

Lagerback should not be totally blamed for our woeful perfomances in South Africa. We failed because our football has no structure. Thanks.

www.amebor.com
Re: Amodu Vs Largerback: Who Is The Worst? by Princek12(m): 1:47pm On Jun 19, 2010
Sagamite:

See arse kissing.

Improved a lot with 2 losses, player indiscipline and players missing empty net.

Unbelieveable oyinbo arse kissing.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-454738.0.html#msg6243866

Tell me the improvement you have seen and tell me what was wrong with Amodu's regime.

Personally, I prefer local coaches over foreign coaches because of several reasons. Click on the link below to take you to the thread that highlights my reasons as to why I prefer local coaches over foreign coaches. I don't think the current team has experienced any significant improvement under Lars, but you may argue that he did not have the time to build his own team or to prove himself. Amodu had two years or so to prove himself, and he has not improved the Super Eagles in two years. He used the same players for two years without injecting fresh talent. That is in sane.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=464244.msg6229636#msg6229636

That being said, I did not like Amodu for several reasons:
1) I think he may be tactically sound, but he does not choose the right players and does not create an atmosphere of competition in the team. Under Amodu, certain players, knowing they were guaranteed a spot on the team, did not have the incentive to fight for a spot. See the African Nations Cup, for example, where Amodu announced his final squad without a day in training camp.

2) Amodu regularly picks unfit players, and I don't think he has shown that he has the requisite skills to discover new talent. Almost all his players are prior Siasia boys or products of other coaches. Why has he not given by giving new talent an opportunity to prove themselves? Westerhof and Siasia, for example, are both extremely good or have shown that they can identify new talent.

3) Amodu had time to build the team, but he has consistently used the same players with old legs, and he has not built anything with all the time he had. You can't  keep doing the same thing and expect a different result.

4) Unless you are blind, the differences between Siasia and Amodu are evident. Siasia has shown he can build a team comprising of fit and talented players. He can scout and pick the best from our local leagues while combining them with the best and most fit from players in foreign leagues. Amodu, on the other hand, has yet to show me he is capable of doing this.

5) Amodu lacks the charisma, an important (albeit not crucial) trait in any coach.
Re: Amodu Vs Largerback: Who Is The Worst? by Gayigaskia(m): 1:58pm On Jun 19, 2010
Exactly Most of the Problems came from the players. Against Argentina Osaze failed to pass to Martin who was in front of open goals, against Greece before Kaita f up the SE was palying like the 94 SE, and come the Obasi open goals miss , do u think Lagerback has something to do with it?
I don't have any problems with local coaches, i was the one who created a thread here on NL to let Siasia continue with his Olympic boys for the world cup campaign. Amodu is daft, he spend all this time with the SE and  couldn't even have a team, he keeps changing the team all the way to his last game, we don't need that kind of slowpoke as a manager.
Re: Amodu Vs Largerback: Who Is The Worst? by Redman44(m): 2:46pm On Jun 19, 2010
Fellow Nairalanders, I feel we are not getting some things right. It is true that we have the right to be angry with the woeful display of the Eagles in South Africa However, we need to ask questions concerning the structure of Nigerian Football. How much has the Federal Government spent in upgrading sporting facilities all over the country? I'm not talking about Stadiums that were renovated when we hosted some FIFA tournaments. What I'm trying to say is this: How much money is being used to upgrade Football pitches in our secondary schools? Do our Secondary Schools receive Sporting grants from State Governments and Local councils? That is why I feel Sani Lulu, Bolaji Ojo-Oba and the rest of the guys in the Glass House are colossal failures. I doubt if the Nigerian Football Federation [NFF] has plans to develop Football in Primary and Secondary Schools all over the country.

We don't plan for the future in Nigeria. After the disappointing display of Nigeria at the 2002 World Cup and the pain of not qualifying for Germany 2006, is it not a shame that we are still in the same rot in 2010? I'm so sure a report will be drawn up as usual after this World Cup. A lot of blames will be apportioned and a new coach will be employed. However, will the root problems of Nigerian Football be tackled? Will the Nigerian Football become well organized that players from all over Africa will be playing for Nigerian Football Clubs? Will attempts be made to revive the Principal's Cup in our secondary schools in a bid to ensure that we field very young players for FIFA U-17 and U-20 tournaments? I feel these are the issues we should be discussing on this forum. Cheers.

www.amebor.com
Re: Amodu Vs Largerback: Who Is The Worst? by 1forall: 2:49pm On Jun 19, 2010
In reply to the thread topic I find it hard to rate them because they are from disparate coaching backgrounds and my first take is to rate Lagerback well ahead of Amodu.

But if the thread was created as a measure of the performance of SE coaches then I'd say its more of an administrative problem than coaching. How come it's only the senior national team they hire foreign coaches for? Cant remember any foreign mecernary hired for our eaglets and flying eagles.

We just need to understand that the problem with our football is a reflection of the state of our nation, and if we want change then we should start to do something about it.
Re: Amodu Vs Largerback: Who Is The Worst? by abrahym(m): 2:51pm On Jun 19, 2010
250m naira waste on lagerback
Re: Amodu Vs Largerback: Who Is The Worst? by 1forall: 3:01pm On Jun 19, 2010
Why hire a coach for that much?
Re: Amodu Vs Largerback: Who Is The Worst? by jokingmary(m): 3:04pm On Jun 19, 2010
1forall:

Why hire a coach for that much?

Because they can't reason well angry
Re: Amodu Vs Largerback: Who Is The Worst? by sage(m): 3:10pm On Jun 19, 2010
This thread could easily end up a race-baiting thread. A lot of threads on Nairaland have become so race based even in the Football section sometimes I wonder if I am actually on a Nigerian forum anymore shocked shocked Looks more and more like an American forum when you cant even discuss any single game or topic without some colour nonsense coming up. I get mad when I see simple match or live game threads turn into some colour shite all because some people who are nuts come on there and start the same nonsense over and over again because they have a very stupid and pathetic victim mentality angry sad angry.

But for this topic

Amodu is not a coach period. He sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am suspecting this Lagerback guy might not be much better and might actually be inept tactically and lacks to balls to make risky  changes when needed. I dont know if im correct but I suspect that about him.

Its either we sack him or give him more time to work on a project till next nations cup.

Either ways whoever is coach next needs to be given time to prepare 4 the next 2 nations cup in 2012 and 2013
Re: Amodu Vs Largerback: Who Is The Worst? by Acidosis(m): 3:12pm On Jun 19, 2010
Which is better: to die in an auto crash or death due to an atomic bomb?
Both (Amodu & Lars) have failed us accurately, although in different forms.
As you can see, I can't vote either
Re: Amodu Vs Largerback: Who Is The Worst? by honeric01(m): 3:15pm On Jun 19, 2010
Ranoscky:

^^xcersice some more patient for him (lars lagerback) not b'cos he's a white guy but b'cos it's too early to sack him

Can you remind us why Amodu was sacked?

Why Largerback was given a 5 months contract?

Why he accepted the target of a semi final?

Why you think it's too early to sack him when obviously he was only given a 5 month contract for a REASON.

Have you ever asked yourself why he was given a 5 month contract?

Please i await your response.

As for PRINCEK12, since your post was not directed to me, I'd leave it for the right person to respond to.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

100% Sure 2+ Odds For All Football Punters Direct To Your Phone.!! / .:. Louis Van Gaal Is New Super Eagles Coach .:. / Dan Ajibode Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.