Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,595 members, 7,801,709 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:53 PM

Acer Aspire 5542 Power On, Fan Spinning But No Display - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Acer Aspire 5542 Power On, Fan Spinning But No Display (488 Views)

Mummified Man, Stoneman Willie, To Be Buried After 128 Years On Display In US / Halloween In Canada And Horror Display (Photos, Video) / Cleavages On Display As Girls Appear In Different Costume @ Calabar Carnival (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Acer Aspire 5542 Power On, Fan Spinning But No Display by APKMirrorApp(m): 12:05pm On Aug 02, 2018
Hi,

I have an acer aspire 5542 laptop that turns on, the fan spins but I have no display. I'm pretty sure the issue is with the motherboard or the gpu on the board, but don't know how to test it.

First, I'm wondering if a dead gpu can be hot? Can he produce some heat?

I don't want to buy another board, this is a old laptop and I just want to learn and try to fix it by myself. However, I don't know where to begin with.

I was thinking about testing voltage on the display connector to know if atleast the current goes there, but as I said I'm not sure and this is my first time so I don't have any kind of experience and for the moment I'm just trying to figure out where to begin with.
Happy Birthday Meme

(1) (Reply)

Falz at "Unilorin" University of Ilorin / Event Planning And Decoration / Bbnaija Disqualification Of Tacha And Kemen Both From Port Harcourt, A Trend?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.