Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,127 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:20 AM

For Those Who Have Watched ACRIMONY Please Answer This Question - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / For Those Who Have Watched ACRIMONY Please Answer This Question (1278 Views)

Acrimony Ii Coming Soon / Please Where Can I Download Acrimony Movie... / Acrimony.....who Is To Blame? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

For Those Who Have Watched ACRIMONY Please Answer This Question by LadyJC: 6:42pm On Aug 02, 2018
BETWEEN THE MAN AND THE WOMAN WHO IS AT FAULT AND WHY?
Re: For Those Who Have Watched ACRIMONY Please Answer This Question by aliyuthayo(m): 8:59pm On Aug 02, 2018
LadyJC:

The man is at fault for not doing menial jobs to support his wife.

The woman is also at fault for overreacting.
Re: For Those Who Have Watched ACRIMONY Please Answer This Question by greatnaija01: 1:29am On Aug 03, 2018
BOTH OF THEM ARE CLEARLY AT FAULT.... they married with unrealistic expectations and without true LOVE.

LadyJC:

1 Like

Re: For Those Who Have Watched ACRIMONY Please Answer This Question by Csami(m): 7:24pm On Aug 03, 2018
greatnaija01:
BOTH OF THEM ARE CLEARLY AT FAULT.... they married with unrealistic expectations and without true LOVE.

What do mean by unrealistic expectations!? Clearly the man believed in his work, marriage but the woman believed and concluded he wasn't worth it.
The storyline was told from the woman's point of view therefore making the man the enemy.

1 Like

Re: For Those Who Have Watched ACRIMONY Please Answer This Question by Kinggnicole(f): 11:28pm On Aug 03, 2018
Based on the movie, I have come to the conclusion that Robert did not love her. He was fond of her. He loved what she offered but he did not love her.He clearly loved Diana and not her.
How do I know this?
For eighteen years you watched this woman toil to take care of you. Ignored her sister's warnings to take care of you.
Even when he got that call and he felt like he wasted his time and scattered his work place, she was still there. She didn't rave or rant. She was there to keep him sane. Do you now see that the money he gave her later was crap because for her, it was not about the money?She had his back all through.

In the beginning he cheated on her. He would have gone ahead to cheat on her again if he wasn't so broke.
He didn't have to worry about what to eat or where to lay his head while he was working on his dream. She worried about everything. And no, she didn't give up on him. She left him because she felt betrayed and used.

If he truly loved her,he would have taken her back. Obviously he got what he wanted. Then he went ahead to get married to that same Diana..Chai. Shows that all the while he loved Diana but was with the girl because of the support she offered. The fact that he later offered her 10 million dollars proves that it was all about what she offered to him and not her.

If he truly loved her, he would have remarried her and given the monetary compensation to Diana(she helped a little).

Summary, She loved him.
He did not love her. He only needed her.

She was played big time. I blame her for being to selfless. I blame her for not leaving when he first cheated on her. She was deeply in love and he took advantage of her.
He meant everything to her.
She was only a means to an end for him.

Did you notice how quickly he moved on to Diana?
More like a "Thank God she divorced me so i can live my dream with the woman of my dreams(Diana)" attitude. Forgetting who helped him build that dream.

So sad.

4 Likes

Re: For Those Who Have Watched ACRIMONY Please Answer This Question by geezyk(m): 9:59am On Aug 04, 2018
Kinggnicole:

Did you notice how quickly he moved on to Diana?
More like a "Thank God she divorced me so i can live my dream with the woman of my dreams(Diana)" attitude. Forgetting who helped him build that dream.

So sad.
Robert was a man with a dream, even before he met her, he told her of his plans from the get go, and she stayed with him all through it, the only blame I'll accord to Robert was that he refused to support his wife with menial jobs to help maintain the house.

He never cheated on her again after what she did the first time he was caught while nearly killing herself in the act, Robert truly loved her till the end and still never stopped loving her, even when he was about to sign the divorce papers, he still begged her for him not to sign it, She was led astray by her sisters whom she knew their husbands were flawed too.

Sometimes, some people need to leave your life for you to truly actualize your dreams, when Robert met Diana, he never had the intention of sleeping with her, all he wanted was for her to help him actualize his dreams, and moreso Diana was an helping hand while he was homeless and also helped him bringing his dreams to fruition.

Each has their own blames.

1 Like

Re: For Those Who Have Watched ACRIMONY Please Answer This Question by Kinggnicole(f): 10:53am On Aug 04, 2018
geezyk:
Robert was a man with a dream, even before he met her, he told her of his plans from the get go, and she stayed with him all through it, the only blame I'll accord to Robert was that he refused to support his wife with menial jobs to help maintain the house.

He never cheated on her again after what she did the first time he was caught while nearly killing herself in the act, Robert truly loved her till the end and still never stopped loving her, even when he was about to sign the divorce papers, he still begged her for him not to sign it, She was led astray by her sisters whom she knew their husbands were flawed too.

Sometimes, some people need to leave your life for you to truly actualize your dreams, when Robert met Diana, he never had the intention of sleeping with her, all he wanted was for her to help him actualize his dreams, and moreso Diana was an helping hand while he was homeless and also helped him bringing his dreams to fruition.

Each has their own blames.

That doesn't change the fact that he used her. Did you see the look on his face when she signed the papers to mortgage her mum's house? How selfish. He could have worked to assist her y'know(He did when she kicked his lazy ass out) but he didn't. If that's not using someone,tell me what it is.
I still maintain that if he loved her,he wouldn't have gotten married to Diana.
I blame her though. She should have listened to her sisters from the beginning. The things love makes one do.
I do not agree with you but then it's just a movie with some really unrealistic parts. Like someone enduring all that BS for 18 years.
Lol ...I don't want to think of the possibility of anyone being so stupid for so long in real life.

And no one should give me that crap about the compensation. That was an insult.

4 Likes

Re: For Those Who Have Watched ACRIMONY Please Answer This Question by geezyk(m): 6:20pm On Aug 04, 2018
Kinggnicole:

That doesn't change the fact that he used her. Did you see the look on his face when she signed the papers to mortgage her mum's house? How selfish. He could have worked to assist her y'know(He did when she kicked his lazy ass out) but he didn't. If that's not using someone,tell me what it is.
I blame her though. She should have listened to her sisters from the beginning. The things love makes one do.
I do not agree with you but then it's just a movie with some really unrealistic parts. Like someone enduring all that BS for 18 years.
Lol ...I don't want to think of the possibility of anyone being so stupid for so long in real life.

Even though the story was told from the lady's side, the way she told the story made it look that way when she signed the house over, He did love him and at the end Melinda became b***h, remember when she saw him doing the dishes at the restaurant, she was filled with rage and hate, and even when he came to her office, first thing she said was, "where did he lend a suit and I'm not taking back your black ass" remember? But when she learnt how rich he had become was when the entitlement part of her came out with a bang, wanting everything she made him sign away..

1 Like

Re: For Those Who Have Watched ACRIMONY Please Answer This Question by capatainrambo: 6:14am On Aug 05, 2018
Kinggnicole:

plssssss abeg

Even she herself confirmed that she one he dint cheat . She divorced him because she was tired.

you seem not to remember she was fuckingg around while he washed plates and he was homeless too. she even brought the men to the restaurant to shame him .

yet when he made money he went to her, she didn't even want to see him. She gave him 2 mins to talk and leave, he was hostile till she saw the 10million dollar check , then she stared falling in love again. there can't be any love here again. He paid her off. after she divorced him. She should deal with her own choice

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

65" Polystar TV Distress Sale 290k / Would You Rather Be An English Actor Or A Yoruba Actor? / Family Circle Vs One Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.