Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,284 members, 7,807,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:09 AM

I Want A Ring Episode 5 - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / I Want A Ring Episode 5 (464 Views)

"Blood In The Ring" A Crime Thriller By John Mfon. / I Want A Ring Episode 9 / The Man I Married - Episode 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Want A Ring Episode 5 by Teaveapoet(f): 9:29pm On Aug 02, 2018
I Want A Ring Episode 5
I got in 9:30pm. My phone was ringing continously. It was Mr. Clinton.
Hey Victoria, heard your flight was cancelled
'A good yes!
I'm sorry you had to go through that. When is the scheduled date?
"Tomorrow morning by six, i hope the weather gets pretty better,
'Don't worry, you would be fine!
'Okay, goodnight dear!
Yeah! Good night sir. I hung up.
Lagos traffic was hectic, i needed a long shower. I was done in no time. I dished some cereals and turn on the TVscreen.

I waited up for News at 10. It was a free news nothing unusal No power suppy in some places, water drainage due to raining season. I was beginning to doze off when i suddenly remebered i had forgotten to collect Fola's number. She was nice tho, wished i could ask after her. I hope she gets home safe.
' Since, when did you start caring about people? Desire asked.
'Oh, i don't care, of course i do care, Desire. Don't make me feel.sad.
I need to sleep. Goodnight desire!
'Go turn off T.V. She said.
Oh! Thanks! I almost forgot. Bye.....

June 4th
I had woken up very late, my flight would probably have left. I yawned continuously. The clock ticked it was 6:15. I had 10missed calls. Oh my God! Joseph my driver had called, mom and Mr Clinton.
'What was i to do? I still neeeded to try. I quickly texted Joseph.
Where are you now? Come, i need to get to the airport. Fast!
I dashed into the bathroom, My place to Airport was about 20mins but Lagos traffic could be minutes extra.
I was done in no time. Joseph was quick, i met him at the gate with the office car, he is one of the best driver Crystal has ever hired. He is responsible, he wasn't educated but he is loyal, he could as well read and write and lastly, he is married. End of discussion.
We arrived at the airport in ten minutes, oh yes. Traffic hasnt gathered up and Joseph speed all through. I looked around trying to identify faces, they were too many people. I knew my flight had left. I was prepared to buy another ticket when i heard my name,
'Victoria! Right?
I just stood there staring
Good morning, beauty! You are really gorgeous!
'Listen, carefully i don't accept flattering from married guy. I spoke angrily.
'Oh, i see why you bounced off yesterday!
I mean no harm okay, just wanna be your friend. That's it! He replied.
"What's that your name again? I asked
My name is Ant.......
"Oh, shut up! I cut in, i dont care about you or your name, you think am interested in your friendship? Go and make your wife your friend. Leave me alone! I screamed walking out on him.
"She is late okay!
I stopped, oh my God! My bags fell down.
'Gosh, you are too jealous, desire spoke to me.
I'm sorry!
Is fine, you didn't allow me explain to you yesterday, he said.
Tears rolled down my cheeks, i never knew please am sorry i begged again.
'She died of leukemia, she died with the baby! He said,
Oh, my God! She was pregnant?
'Yes, she was! It's fine. I decided to be myself for three years but i have gotten over it.
Many thoughts ran in and out of my life. The most happiest and friendly people are the ones who are.easily depressed.
'Can i buy you a drink? We'll probably be here for the next two hours. He asked.
'Oh, yes sure! But what happened?
'Bad weather! He replied.
We both smiled, we strolled to get drinks, we had a long gist, i laughed all through. He was fun to be with but i know deep inside him was a depressed man. I couldn't see Fola anywhere in sight. It was 1:15pm now. Many people would have arrived at their destination.
What's is your name i finally asked?
Call me Anthony!
I smiled, English name?
Yeah, my mom is British
Oh, great
Announcement Announcement! Dear Passenger,
This is to inform our guest that the Air Airlines flight W3 612Kano is now boarding, you are advised to move to the boarding gate now. Thank you
We both smiled, i packed my bags and headed towards the boarding gate, the space was nice. I saw some kids taking pictures, i brought out my camera, a close shot wouldn't be bad. I less than 5minutes i had 150 shots on my camera.
Don't ask me how, i'm a professional photographer
Anthony laughed. We were in, we turn off our phones. I need to sleep i told him. He had steal my number and ordered them he wanted the seat next to mine.
He wanted to gist, i needed to sleep. We took off exactly 2pm.
I slept for something that seems like an hour thirty minutes, the call woke me. I fasten my seat belt tightly. I was thirsty. I signaled to the waitress, she brought me some water.
'What about your friend? I asked
" Oh, you mean my PA?
I never knew, he wasnt your friend.
He laughed. He is fine! He should be somewhere on this plane.
What if? I wanted to ask when desire cut in.
"Amebo! Have you seen your friend?
What's wrong? Anthony asked me.
"Nothing, is fine. Good!
How long would you be staying in kano? He asked
" my destination is Jigawa.
I think it's about two hours from here
Whao, really that far.
Okay! I will be residing in kano for six months that's when my contract will expire. Am an engineer.
Thats good! I reply.
I hope i get to see you soon, can i have your contact?
Sure, i collected his phone typed and saved it.

Our landing was smooth, the coolness of the wind was mind blowing, it was like harmattan of a sudden. My blazzers was round my waist, i untied it and wore it. The cold send shivers down my spines, i became Hot. My thighs were slapping each other, i could feel drops of sweet sensation.
I rushed in to get my bags, there was no way i could have this feeling. I wasnt ready for sex or love making, there was no way it's going to happen.
I came out of Amino Kano airport, there were so many cabs.
"Ina za ki je? Someone asked?
"What? I asked
"Ba hausa ni?
What's he saying? I asked an igbo man.
"Aboki na' minini? He asked him.
"Ina za ki je?
Toh.
He is asking, where are you going?
Oh, okay! Am going to Jigawa dutse. De'royal hotel.
Zan je royal hotel dutse , the man told him.
Do you know the place ?i asked.
Ka so wu rin?
Eh!
Yes, he knows.
How much? I asked
Nawa?
Dubu uku?
Haba, abokin na! Gaskiya,dubu daya da dari biyar.
Toh muta pi!
He will take you there, give him 1,500.
Oh, thanks i replied.
He left.
The cab guy helped me with my bags and he started the engine. He drove off.

Next Episode.

Sorry, for the late post.

(1) (Reply)

Lotanna / Wish To Drop Story Here / Academic Writer Needed Urgently 10k Words

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.