Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,951 members, 7,806,749 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:31 PM

No Peace In Senate Until Saraki Resigns – Ibrahim (punch) - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / No Peace In Senate Until Saraki Resigns – Ibrahim (punch) (354 Views)

Dr Simi Sola Of NHS Resigns After 20 Years / Officers Declared Wanted For Insulting Ibrahim Idris Police IG In Public. Photos / Adeola Fayehun Resigns From Sahara Reporters After 6 Years (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Peace In Senate Until Saraki Resigns – Ibrahim (punch) by Racoon(m): 7:35am On Aug 03, 2018
Sen. Abu Ibrahim(APC-Katsina) has said peace will be elusive in the Nigerian Senate until its President, Senator Bukola Saraki relinquishes the position.

In an interview with newsmen on Thursday, Ibrahim commended Saraki for honourably leaving the All Progressives Congress.

However, he asked him to follow up with the next logical deed: by honourably resigning.“I think it is commendable that he has left the party. He has chosen the path of survival because it is the issue of political survival not anything for Nigeria.

“But next is for him to resign as Senate President because by all conventions all over the world, the majority party produces the leadership; Senate President, the Majority Leader and others.

“Again, let him be gentleman enough and resign as Senate President.“If he does not, we will never have peace in that Senate because it is absolutely clear that APC has the majority to produce the leadership.
Senator Ibrahim debunked PDP claims that it has the majority in the Senate with recent defections.

“I hear the PDP claiming the majority, but it is crystal clear that APC has the majority. We will have more members. We will conduct two bye-elections and we will have the two members.

“We also have some alliance with APGA. It is clear that APC has the majority.”“APC with the majority should produce the leadership in the Senate. 49 cannot produce the leadership.
“Saraki should resign as Senate President.”

Ibrahim also debunked as unfounded an allegation that some senators attempted to break into the Senate chamber on Wednesday to reconvene plenary.

“How do you break into the chamber? If we like we can reconvene legally because it is legal for us to reconvene.
“We do not need to break into the chamber when we have the number. I will never subscribe to that.We can reconvene. The rules are there that if we are up to 30 we can reconvene.

“Why should we break into the chamber when we can reconvene legally and do what we want to do.“It is legal. I do not see why anybody should contemplate that we can break into the chamber.
“I do not know about it and even if I know about it, I will say it is unwise.

” However, if the leadership does not ask for peace, it will not get peace. Peace is a function of leadership.
“I have been in the Senate for about four times. I cannot allow anybody to manipulate me. I cannot take it.”
(NAN)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/no-peace-in-senate-until-saraki-resigns-ibrahim/amp/
Re: No Peace In Senate Until Saraki Resigns – Ibrahim (punch) by tsephanyah(f): 7:35am On Aug 03, 2018
wink

Tested and trusted
2019 Sai Baba/Baba
Re: No Peace In Senate Until Saraki Resigns – Ibrahim (punch) by Racoon(m): 7:37am On Aug 03, 2018
Always threatening violence & anarchy.Pained losers that cant have a dose of their own medicine.This is just an invitation to anarchy. angry Shame on APC.
Re: No Peace In Senate Until Saraki Resigns – Ibrahim (punch) by Nbote(m): 7:43am On Aug 03, 2018
Imagine d kind of statements dat these ppl spew... No peace?? Anarchy is d order of d day under dis ppl

1 Like

Re: No Peace In Senate Until Saraki Resigns – Ibrahim (punch) by forgiveness: 7:51am On Aug 03, 2018
tsephanyah:
wink

Tested and trusted
2019 Sai Baba/Baba

I hope nobody hijacked your moniker?
Re: No Peace In Senate Until Saraki Resigns – Ibrahim (punch) by tsephanyah(f): 7:53am On Aug 03, 2018
forgiveness:

I hope nobody hijacked your moniker?
lol. I was banned for spamming
Re: No Peace In Senate Until Saraki Resigns – Ibrahim (punch) by forgiveness: 8:54am On Aug 03, 2018
tsephanyah:
lol. I was banned for spamming

I see but I meant your sudden support for Buhari is unusual of your former stance.
Re: No Peace In Senate Until Saraki Resigns – Ibrahim (punch) by clarocuzioo(m): 9:15am On Aug 03, 2018
Yes typical of APC, No peace untill Saraki resigns, the constitution states clearly that you need 2/3rd majority, why not APC gather that peacefully and initiate impeachment process rather than this.
Typical of " Dogs and Baboons will soak in Blood".
Re: No Peace In Senate Until Saraki Resigns – Ibrahim (punch) by tsephanyah(f): 9:46am On Aug 03, 2018
forgiveness:

I see but I meant your sudden support for Buhari is unusual of your former stance.
in politics there is no permanent enemy I guess
Re: No Peace In Senate Until Saraki Resigns – Ibrahim (punch) by forgiveness: 9:51am On Aug 03, 2018
tsephanyah:
in politics there is no permanent enemy I guess

Hahahaha! grin

You are definitely a politician. grin

I like that.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Tttt / Is it better to be feared than loved??? / Study In China At An Affordable Rate [jan/feb Intake 2019 Opened]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.