Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:04 AM

Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? (54963 Views)

Dubai: No Police, No Military, No Media Just An Order (Photos) / Italian Authorities Deport 11 Nigerian Eiye Gang Members After Arrest. Photos / Christian Pilgrimage: Israel Denies 25 Nigerians Visas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Abbeybailey(m): 7:42pm On Aug 03, 2018
lindaayim:
I dont think their intent is to punish....my opinion is to make the process so difficult so that people r discouraged from applying n probably filter through applicants for those with genuine cause....it is always hard to tell who is genuine...plus sometimes few bad tomatoes affects several good ones in a basket
It all boils down to the racist in the Oval Office. It's called Browning of America and that's why Trampy said that he prefers people from Norway to come to America instead of the people from shiiithole countries in which he specifically mentioned Nigeria. That's Trump way of sending subliminal messages to the embassies around the world.

24 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by KendrickAyomide: 10:35pm On Aug 03, 2018
resurgent2019:

What are you saying? Go and sit down if you have nothing to say! You think I am part of the people who kowtow to your overbearing attitude here?
Lmao
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by resurgent2019: 10:37pm On Aug 03, 2018
KendrickAyomide:
Lmao

Abi na?

1 Like

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by resurgent2019: 10:38pm On Aug 03, 2018
KendrickAyomide:
Lmao

Abi na? When he wasn’t speaking normal.

1 Like

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by KendrickAyomide: 10:38pm On Aug 03, 2018
resurgent2019:

Abi na?
i swear. Na so them be here o

5 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by KendrickAyomide: 10:42pm On Aug 03, 2018
I never Get America time. make oluwa epp me reach Germany first.. i no Go talk reach 10 words before the youseless VO stamp me

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:19pm On Aug 03, 2018
What's the ranking of the school your friend is going to?
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Nobody: 11:29pm On Aug 03, 2018
The question why ur friend choose that school is very very important. Many have been denied visa simply because of what u see as an irrelevant question.

Had ur friend been active on USA student visa, he should have known that he must be asked such question.
I have read randomly here how visa have been denied severally cos of that. Applicants were always adviced to read up on their intended school and why they want to study there so they won't stumble when such question arises like your friend.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by ahiboilandgas: 12:53am On Aug 04, 2018
resurgent2019:

Arrrrrrghh. I don’t support that oo. What the US needs to do is make a categorical statement that they don’t want Nigerians in their country again. It is a very simple matter. And it is better than robbing people of their hard earned application fees.

We know Nigeria has failed, maybe that’s why Nigerians are being rejected worldwide. The structural problems of the country has to be tackled at some point. We cannot keep being afraid of the violence of the northerners. If southerners can’t leave this failed contraption, we might as well face the notherners war for war and repossess our country.
southerner are the visa abuser they do 419,fake marriage and sent over 100 k girls to sell sex and drugs nothing concern northerner with us visa he busy in his farm and happy he doesn't think of American as paradise search ur soul

13 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by lindaayim(f): 1:29am On Aug 04, 2018
kunzzy4me:
One day the youth will burn down the embassy.. Their just exploiting Nigerians...
Sir......burning down the embassy because of supposed refusal of visa is irresponsible and uncivilized. Remember travelling to the USA is not a right but perhaps a privilege just like no one is forced to pay visa fees. You may want to apply to other countries that issue visas "easily"

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Bawss1(m): 3:40am On Aug 04, 2018
kunzzy4me:
One day the youth will burn down the embassy.. Their just exploiting Nigerians...

Which youths?

11 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by jchioma: 6:29am On Aug 04, 2018
resurgent2019:
I am asking this question with a heavy heart because a friend of mine told me his F1 visa application—as well as that of all intending students to the US—was denied this morning. He answered all the questions of the visa officer perfectly but he was still denied. He was aked if he is married and had kids, and he answered in the negative. Could his being single be a factor in the denial of his application? Or is there something else prompting the US embassy to deny Nigerians visas? I am really perplexed because my friend expended a lot of money to apply and gain admission to a US school. If the US doesnt want Nigerians to come to their country anymore, they can as well a formal and well publicized directive to that effect. The practice of swindling Nigerians of exorbitant visas fees must be deprecated and discouraged by the Nigerian Government.

According to my friend, all intending students for masters degree to the US were denied their visas this morning. Not even one was issued a visa. This is the height of visa discrimination and something must be done to remedy the situation. Nigerians cannot continue to waste their hard earned money to apply for visa that has already been denied by fiat of the authorities at the State Department(Foggy Bottom). We need clarity and honesty on this visa issue from US authorities. Enough is Enough. angry angry angry angry angry angry

Mods, do the needful, please.

What were the reasons for refusal, the embassy gives reasons for refusal when you don't meet their criteria. Perhaps when you avail us of the reasons, we can then know what really happened and what to do. Because you can appeal.

3 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by xxoxx(m): 6:41am On Aug 04, 2018
resurgent2019:

I understood what you are saying. But in this case, the questions related to issues of law. The answers are the same the world over. My friend said he answered them correctly[b] but the visa officer was asking irrelevant questions about why he chose the school he chose(completely unrelated to the grant of a student visa). [/b]The fact is that there is a standing order to deny genuine Nigerians American visas due to the misdeeds of other Nigerians who are abusing their visas.

The US should come out straight to issue a statement that there is a reduction in the number of visas to be issued to Nigerians henceforth. That is better than taking visa fees from Nigerians and still deny them the visas. It is a very simple matter oo. It is their country and they reserve the right to deny foreigners access to it. But they should honest about your consular objectives and policies regarding Nigeria!
Any question asked in an interview for a visa is relevant

21 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by robotix: 6:45am On Aug 04, 2018
resurgent2019:

Hmmmmmmm. It is a bad situation for Nigerians all round.
make una siddon make we enjoy the fossil una vote into power. Did you note support Buhari?

Mschwwwww

9 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by queendoreez(f): 8:17am On Aug 04, 2018
resurgent2019:
I am asking this question with a heavy heart because a friend of mine told me his F1 visa application—as well as that of all intending students to the US—was denied this morning. He answered all the questions of the visa officer perfectly but he was still denied. He was aked if he is married and had kids, and he answered in the negative. Could his being single be a factor in the denial of his application? Or is there something else prompting the US embassy to deny Nigerians visas? I am really perplexed because my friend expended a lot of money to apply and gain admission to a US school. If the US doesnt want Nigerians to come to their country anymore, they can as well a formal and well publicized directive to that effect. The practice of swindling Nigerians of exorbitant visas fees must be deprecated and discouraged by the Nigerian Government.

According to my friend, all intending students for masters degree to the US were denied their visas this morning. Not even one was issued a visa. This is the height of visa discrimination and something must be done to remedy the situation. Nigerians cannot continue to waste their hard earned money to apply for visa that has already been denied by fiat of the authorities at the State Department(Foggy Bottom). We need clarity and honesty on this visa issue from US authorities. Enough is Enough. angry angry angry angry angry angry

Left to me i'll advise Nigerians to boycott US embassy, that country is over rated and full of sh*t. Focus on going to Europe and getting an EU passport, with that you can travel to US visa free for 90days .
My 1cent!

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by johnmattew: 10:19am On Aug 04, 2018
lemme ask u these questions:

*what courses were they intending to study?(it will be quite difficult to deny students going for highly technical courses like medicine, aerospace , mechanical engineering, software engineering etc)

*Any home ties?(what will make u return back to nigeria after studies?)

*were/are their courses inline with Thier previous degrees or current jobs ?(imagine a biochemistry degree holder going for masters in business.)

*how about their travel history?(how do they access Ur willingness to return...Ur previous history records will tell)

*did they apply to lowly ranked schools?(most Nigerians use these schools to gain visas and then abscond..seek admission in top 150 universities,not school at the bottom of the ranki8)

*did u write any exams?( most Nigerians don't like writing GRE ,GMAT but want to study in USA.even American studenta write entrance exams)

*how genuine are/were they?

*how did they answer their questions?

*avoid generic and unconvincing answers to questions
*avoid agents ....they are after Ur money

I also believe the 'canadian effect' plays important role

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by mema900: 10:19am On Aug 04, 2018
Elolam87:
It's well

It is not ooo!!!

Buhari must comot first

2 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by anataala: 10:20am On Aug 04, 2018
If they like let the ban all Nigerian that is not my problem, USA is not the only country in the world.
resurgent2019:

9 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by stagger: 10:22am On Aug 04, 2018
resurgent2019:

In case you don't know, being issued a visa here is tentative. You can still get to the US and be denied a visa at the point of entry. I don't even know why people waste their time and money going to the US when there are far better countries to study!

17 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Nobody: 10:23am On Aug 04, 2018
LAMO grin grin That's what you get when don't want to build your country cheesy, you can't not mess your country up, and think you can run away to the U. S. wink It's just a matter of time be4 other countries start doing the same

8 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Nobody: 10:23am On Aug 04, 2018
Those of you that wantu run away, na God dey catch all of you. We are in this together. We die here tongue

13 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Passenger27: 10:24am On Aug 04, 2018
[quote author=resurgent2019 post=69952089]

Arrrrrrghh. I don’t support that oo. What the US needs to do is make a categorical statement that they don’t want Nigerians in their country again. It is a very simple matter. And it is better than robbing people of their hard earned application fees.

We know Nigeria has failed, maybe that’s why Nigerians are being rejected worldwide. The structural problems of the country has to be tackled at some point. We cannot keep being afraid of the violence of the northerners. If southerners can’t leave this failed contraption, we might as well face the notherners uwar for war and repossess our country.

What type of nonsense statement is this for the love of God?

4 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Borntofuck: 10:26am On Aug 04, 2018
The world hate Nigerians that's the point ,I went to American Embassy ,the interviewer said to me my friend I don't have problem on your documents but go home and write your travel history and your biography,I was still denied after all the writings

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by flexyrule(m): 10:26am On Aug 04, 2018
resurgent2019:

You sound as if the US owe Nigerians the obligation of allowing them into their country to access quality education. You think its a right!!! Channel your energy to the right quarters!

22 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by davide470(m): 10:26am On Aug 04, 2018
justwise:

Why not admit that you don’t know jack about student visa interview?

That question is completely relevant and any serious student will prepare to give a convincing answer.

I actually feel sorry for your friend.
Did you read the part where he said all the intending students were denied Visa? Did they all answered incorrectly or didn't know jack about student visa interview? Be nice with your words bruv.

Nobody checks the internet more than an average Naija citizen that has a US visa interview.

To tell you how bad it is: 2 friends were admitted to the "prestigious" Yale University and 1 was denied visa while the other was given because she had been to the US in time past...and she was the only one given Visa that day!

@resurgent2019, the default answer is NO! You just have to give them a very good reason for them to say YES.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Nobody: 10:27am On Aug 04, 2018
welcome to the era of trump

in the end , only the riff raff who will never have any opportunity to go to the us will continue to celebrate the orange turd. everyne else eye dey clear small small.

6 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Nobody: 10:27am On Aug 04, 2018
resurgent2019:

I support the decision of the USA to deny Nigerians VISA access into their country for several reasons. Most of those who are going to study in the USA, do not come back home. The Educational trip is just a decoy to get out of the country.

Americans built their infrastructures for their citizens to enjoy, now foreigners are invading their space.

Stay in your country and fight your politicians to build your schools if you are really after Education and not a means of running away from hardship and the impending 2019 implosion.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by pofolo(m): 10:28am On Aug 04, 2018
and for every denied visas #55000 don enter voice mail...
shame on this country !!!

3 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Miles300: 10:29am On Aug 04, 2018
Questions are asked to know your intent ! How did u know the questions he answered where correct ? This interviewers know wat they are looking for ! Even wen u answer question Dey nod there head and say it’s okay , good and so on but they know what they are after ! I had a friend who was asked if he will apply for a scholarship in the US he said yes ! And that was it ! He was bounced ! Don’t come here and say ur friend answered all questions correctly!

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Nobody: 10:29am On Aug 04, 2018
stagger:

In case you don't know, being issued a visa here is tentative. You can still get to the US and be denied a visa at the point of entry. I don't even know why people waste their time and money going to the US when there are far better countries to study!

Far better country like and is there an ability to get employed after school in those your far better countries.

Most of us aren't really travelling for the school... we're only looking for a way to escape this shithole and never return back.....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Nobody: 10:29am On Aug 04, 2018
America is overrated.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Aarenasbaba(m): 10:29am On Aug 04, 2018
Kilo ti je?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Swiss Woman Married To Anambra Guy, Compares Nigeria To Zurich- Pics / ₦163b, 19floors Into The Ground, China To Open Groundscraper Hotel In 2018(pics) / The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.