Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,880 members, 7,802,845 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:06 PM

Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? (54936 Views)

Dubai: No Police, No Military, No Media Just An Order (Photos) / Italian Authorities Deport 11 Nigerian Eiye Gang Members After Arrest. Photos / Christian Pilgrimage: Israel Denies 25 Nigerians Visas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by DonPikko: 10:29am On Aug 04, 2018
justwise:

..with a friend like you your friend will never know why he was refused
the USA emabassy deny applicants without giving you concrete reasons, they just hand you one useless blue paper to read, they need to improve on giving reasons, else apllicants will just be wasting money by applying multiple times and still getting denied

9 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by dotcomnamename: 10:29am On Aug 04, 2018
resurgent2019:
I am asking this question with a heavy heart because a friend of mine told me his F1 visa application—as well as that of all intending students to the US—was denied this morning. He answered all the questions of the visa officer perfectly but he was still denied. He was aked if he is married and had kids, and he answered in the negative. Could his being single be a factor in the denial of his application? Or is there something else prompting the US embassy to deny Nigerians visas? I am really perplexed because my friend expended a lot of money to apply and gain admission to a US school. If the US doesnt want Nigerians to come to their country anymore, they can as well a formal and well publicized directive to that effect. The practice of swindling Nigerians of exorbitant visas fees must be deprecated and discouraged by the Nigerian Government.

According to my friend, all intending students for masters degree to the US were denied their visas this morning. Not even one was issued a visa. This is the height of visa discrimination and something must be done to remedy the situation. Nigerians cannot continue to waste their hard earned money to apply for visa that has already been denied by fiat of the authorities at the State Department(Foggy Bottom). We need clarity and honesty on this visa issue from US authorities. Enough is Enough. angry angry angry angry angry angry

Mods, do the needful, please.

Create a PETITION on Change.org and post it on nairaland and other social media, let Nigerians start signing it trust me it works like magic. It has worked for many and i am a witness

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by lakeside3020(m): 10:29am On Aug 04, 2018
To me personally,I feel the US are still very fair in issueing visa to Nigeria,it's either your friend could not answer questions asked very well ,or something is wrong with is supplied information as against what he was asked,the Canadian is the Worst I would ever seen when it comes to visa issue

I know someone who has a good paying job,had visited the US, Britain and many other country yet was denied visa and the reasons was, asset and feeling that he will not come back after is vacation,this person is married o and has is own personal house o

USA to me still ok compare to rubbish canada

12 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by tolani4real: 10:30am On Aug 04, 2018
kunzzy4me:
One day the youth will burn down the embassy.. Their just exploiting Nigerians...

They are not exploiting Nigerians but your government does.

3 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by johnmattew: 10:30am On Aug 04, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
America is overrated.
as if dem give u free visa u no go run go there

8 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by amostheo(m): 10:30am On Aug 04, 2018
SourGrape:
Just admit that you are the one lets know how to assist you.
cheesy
SourGrape:
Just admit that you are the one lets know how to assist you.
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Yusfunoble(m): 10:31am On Aug 04, 2018

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by presiade(m): 10:31am On Aug 04, 2018
justwise:

How do you know that he answered those questions perfectly?

Because he and the friend are perhaps one and the same entity–'duonity', if you must say. grin

7 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by yomi007k(m): 10:31am On Aug 04, 2018
stagger:

In case you don't know, being issued a visa here is tentative. You can still get to the US and be denied a visa at the point of entry. I don't even know why people waste their time and money going to the US when there are far better countries to study!

Like?
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by olamiide327(m): 10:31am On Aug 04, 2018
I can boldly tell you that there's more to visa denial.. I was denied 2weeks ago and what amazez me is that, over 50 applicants that were interviewed before me. not up to 10 were granted visa. I see it as a formal fraud already.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by tiredoflife(m): 10:32am On Aug 04, 2018
Visa is all about profiling
If u don't meet the ideal profile
U don't get the visa

10 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by AreaFada2: 10:34am On Aug 04, 2018
Not only USA. Canadian officers even work inside US embassy in 9ja to help scrutinise Nigerian applicants even more. To prevent more Nigerians crossing into Canada from USA.

Dem mean am o. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by flexyrule(m): 10:34am On Aug 04, 2018
Abbeybailey:
It all boils down to the racist in the Oval Office. It's called Browning of America and that's why Trampy said that he prefers people from Norway to come to America instead of the people from shiiithole countries in which he specifically mentioned Nigeria. That's Trump way of sending subliminal messages to the embassies around the world.
Rascism!!! Mtcheeew. Develop your country and deny them visa na! Let them call you a racist too.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by presiade(m): 10:34am On Aug 04, 2018
resurgent2019:
I am asking this question with a heavy heart because a friend of mine told me his F1 visa application—as well as that of all intending students to the US—was denied this morning. He answered all the questions of the visa officer perfectly but he was still denied. He was aked if he is married and had kids, and he answered in the negative. Could his being single be a factor in the denial of his application? Or is there something else prompting the US embassy to deny Nigerians visas? I am really perplexed because my friend expended a lot of money to apply and gain admission to a US school. If the US doesnt want Nigerians to come to their country anymore, they can as well a formal and well publicized directive to that effect. The practice of swindling Nigerians of exorbitant visas fees must be deprecated and discouraged by the Nigerian Government.

According to my friend, all intending students for masters degree to the US were denied their visas this morning. Not even one was issued a visa. This is the height of visa discrimination and something must be done to remedy the situation. Nigerians cannot continue to waste their hard earned money to apply for visa that has already been denied by fiat of the authorities at the State Department(Foggy Bottom). We need clarity and honesty on this visa issue from US authorities. Enough is Enough. angry angry angry angry angry angry

You may post your transcript on this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/4225931/general-u.s.a-student-visa-enquiries-part/486#4225931.15574 for review by people who have experience with the US embassy.

1 Like

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by poseidon12: 10:34am On Aug 04, 2018
I don't think there is an order to deny. However, they would normally deny you visa if they believe you will not come back or if they believe you will not have enough fund to take care of yourself in the US.
Except you are from a well to do family, and you can prove it, it is not easy for a young and single Nigerian to prove to them that he/she will come back. We already have a track record of not coming back after we enter US. I am even surprised that a large number of us still get visas. After all, they already know we are poor and would normally want to stay back in US.
Be honest here. Would you really want to come back to Nigeria if you got the visa?

5 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by itu404(m): 10:35am On Aug 04, 2018
Every successive US administration have a VISA policy. Am afraid the Trump policy is like going through the eye of a needle. He is even trying to scrapped the visa lottery that ushered in a lot of Nigerians[ my friend inclusive] Remember the' shithole' debacle? his recent rhetoric in UK for allowing in immigrants? Applying for a visa this time, especially, a first timer is very difficult. Look at Femi Kuti's drummer who absconded 20 minutes to playtime all these events are noted by Embassies. These ain't good times to apply for a US visa .

13 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Nobody: 10:35am On Aug 04, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
America is overrated.
u know this how

1 Like

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by theoldpretender(m): 10:35am On Aug 04, 2018
sassysure:
The question why ur friend choose that school is very very important. Many have been denied visa simply because of what u see as an irrelevant question.

Had ur friend been active on USA student visa, he should have known that he must be asked such question.
I have read randomly here how visa have been denied severally cos of that. Applicants were always adviced to read up on their intended school and why they want to study there so they won't stumble when such question arises like your friend.

Kai...see wise comment.

If you are going to read a postgraduate course...you are going there for research...at least you have an idea of what kind of research you are doing.

But most Nigerians....

1 Like

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Nobody: 10:35am On Aug 04, 2018
johnmattew:
as if dem give u free visa u no go run go there
For what? Nigeria is far better than America... Yimu cheesy
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by DonPikko: 10:36am On Aug 04, 2018
tiredoflife:
Visa is all about profiling
If u don't meet the ideal profile
U don't get the visa
you can have an ideal profile and still get denied
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Nobody: 10:36am On Aug 04, 2018
grin

1 Share

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Positivepoint(m): 10:36am On Aug 04, 2018
resurgent2019:

i am from the north and i was given 2 years visa even though i only spent 2 weeks. They even called me that i am back so early is it that i didnt enjoy the stay or when am i going back. i ve never heard from any northerner visa application being rejected. they usually give us two years

10 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by stagger: 10:37am On Aug 04, 2018
yomi007k:

Like?

What happened to places like France, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Singapore and the Scandinavian countries? Indeed, France under President Macron is intending to save the French language by opening up opportunities for scholarships for Africans to study and work in France. That is part of why he was in Nigeria.

Please try to get informed about these things. The problem is that Nigerians are too myopic, do not bother to read or do any research. They just live their lives based on half-baked information.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Nobody: 10:37am On Aug 04, 2018
yeyerolling:
u know this how
I didn't come here to be questioned this early morning undecided

2 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Acidosis(m): 10:37am On Aug 04, 2018
Op is right though. From the experience of a relative on 2nd August, not less than 900 people gathered at the embassy and, according to him, 95% were denied.

Calculate 1000 applicants in just 1 day by N50k. Those defending this trend are the real enemies of Nigeria.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Nobody: 10:38am On Aug 04, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
I didn't come here to be questioned this early morning undecided
cheesy abuja babe wen u dey come back ikotun na tongue. U beta flee to obodo go enjoy life
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Uchemus(m): 10:38am On Aug 04, 2018
kunzzy4me:
One day the youth will burn down the embassy.. Their just exploiting Nigerians...
the Nigerian Government and leaders have been exploiting you since time immemorial and all the so called youth could burn are brooms. Make una dey Mumu una self. burn ko born ni.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by ise82(m): 10:38am On Aug 04, 2018
Frenchfriez:
Those of you that wantu run away, na God dey catch all of you. We are in this together. We die here tongue

Bad guy

2 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by stagger: 10:38am On Aug 04, 2018
Positivepoint:

i am from the north and i was given 2 years visa even though i only spent 2 weeks. They even called me that i am back so early is it that i didnt enjoy the stay or when am i going back. i ve never heard from any northerner visa application being rejected. they usually give us two years

The fact that you came back so early also proves to the embassy that you did not really need the visa per se. It is a positive point and when you go for renewal, your chances of being granted another extension are very high!

2 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Acidosis(m): 10:38am On Aug 04, 2018
Positivepoint:

That's because you used the embassy in Abuja, the story is different in Lagos. There is a high level of preference for those of the Northern origin or those in Abuja.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by dotcomnamename: 10:39am On Aug 04, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
America is overrated.

Extremely OVERRATED

1 Like

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Eddisboi(m): 10:39am On Aug 04, 2018
resurgent2019:

it is not by force to go to USA,there are list of other country to choose from..

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Ikorodu-Mile 12 Road: Crowd At The Ikorodu Ferry Terminal Today / Swiss Woman Married To Anambra Guy, Compares Nigeria To Zurich- Pics / ₦163b, 19floors Into The Ground, China To Open Groundscraper Hotel In 2018(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.