Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:40 PM

Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? (54961 Views)

Dubai: No Police, No Military, No Media Just An Order (Photos) / Italian Authorities Deport 11 Nigerian Eiye Gang Members After Arrest. Photos / Christian Pilgrimage: Israel Denies 25 Nigerians Visas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Shakushaku1(m): 10:39am On Aug 04, 2018
How much be visa fee sef, e Don tey I reach that side last, make I go try ma luck again cheesy grin
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Nobody: 10:40am On Aug 04, 2018
grin grin grin

Good job Red neck America, let the apes from the shyt hole fix them country

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 10:40am On Aug 04, 2018
resurgent2019:

Arrrrrrghh. I don’t support that oo. What the US needs to do is make a categorical statement that they don’t want Nigerians in their country again. It is a very simple matter. And it is better than robbing people of their hard earned application fees.

We know Nigeria has failed, maybe that’s why Nigerians are being rejected worldwide. The structural problems of the country has to be tackled at some point. We cannot keep being afraid of the violence of the northerners. If southerners can’t leave this failed contraption, we might as well face the notherners war for war and repossess our country.

Unusual wisdom, probably lost on the readers of this forum.
Why in the first place should we be more concerned about the visa policies of the US than the quagmire in our country ? Or priorities should be to fix the nation, but we are content with emigrating to other countries where we have second class status.
Black people are probably cursed.

10 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Kophschmerzen: 10:41am On Aug 04, 2018
Ya keep rooting for Trump and this is just a tip of the iceberg. All black folks in this country loathe that piece of shit except for many Nigerians living in Nigeria.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Shakushaku1(m): 10:41am On Aug 04, 2018
DonPikko:
the USA emabassy deny applicants without giving you concrete reasons, they just hand you one useless blue paper to read, they need to improve on giving reasons, else apllicants will just be wasting money by applying multiple times and still getting denied

Na that foolish bluebpaper con fine pass, thick like say na better tori dey inside.. Pple wey collect visa sef na fotocopy dem carry go ause

2 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Marthaebi(f): 10:42am On Aug 04, 2018
resurgent2019:
Nigerians cannot continue to waste their hard earned money to apply for visa that has already been denied by fiat of the authorities at the State Department(Foggy Bottom). We need clarity and honesty on this visa issue from US authorities. Enough is Enough. angry angry angry angry angry angry

Direct this to our shady politicians whom a lot of we youth are ready to die for.
You guys better brace up and prepare for Revolution

8 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Positivepoint(m): 10:42am On Aug 04, 2018
stagger:

The fact that you came back so early also proves to the embassy that you did not really need the visa per se. It is a positive point and when you go for renewal, your chances of being granted another extension are very high!

why do i need to stay so long the moment i was done with wat i went to do i head out. my home is where my people are not where i am not welcomed.

5 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Zhirinovsky: 10:43am On Aug 04, 2018
Lol.... He failed the interview. Nothing in his answer shows he is bound to return after hus studies.
resurgent2019:
I am asking this question with a heavy heart because a friend of mine told me his F1 visa application—as well as that of all intending students to the US—was denied this morning. He answered all the questions of the visa officer perfectly but he was still denied. He was aked if he is married and had kids, and he answered in the negative. Could his being single be a factor in the denial of his application? Or is there something else prompting the US embassy to deny Nigerians visas? I am really perplexed because my friend expended a lot of money to apply and gain admission to a US school. If the US doesnt want Nigerians to come to their country anymore, they can as well a formal and well publicized directive to that effect. The practice of swindling Nigerians of exorbitant visas fees must be deprecated and discouraged by the Nigerian Government.

According to my friend, all intending students for masters degree to the US were denied their visas this morning. Not even one was issued a visa. This is the height of visa discrimination and something must be done to remedy the situation. Nigerians cannot continue to waste their hard earned money to apply for visa that has already been denied by fiat of the authorities at the State Department(Foggy Bottom). We need clarity and honesty on this visa issue from US authorities. Enough is Enough. angry angry angry angry angry angry

Mods, do the needful, please.

4 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by flexyrule(m): 10:44am On Aug 04, 2018
TimeMachine:

I support the decision of the USA to deny Nigerians VISA access into their country for several reasons. Most of those who are going to study in the USA, do not come back home. The Educational trip is just a decoy to get out of the country.

Americans built their infrastructures for their citizens to enjoy, now foreigners are invading their space.

Stay in your country and fight your politicians to build your schools if you are really after Education and not a means of running away from hardship and the impending 2019 implosion.

May God almighty in heaven bless you and your family.
These people are nothing but cowards looking for safe heavens to run to. Then, sit there and type poo on the Internet while we struggle with the failed system.
Try organizing a protest - they won't show up. They will rather sit at home and rant on the internet.
Vote the right candidate - No. They will allow tribalism cloud their choice of candidate.
Ok call for restructure or secession since the system has been proven to be one that can never work. No!
They will blame Trump. Blame the embassy.
Stay and fix your country! The US does not owe anybody any obligation on accessing quality education!

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by DonPikko: 10:44am On Aug 04, 2018
grin grin grin grin, na the high rate of nigerians wey dey apply dey boost thr ego
Shakushaku1:

Na that foolish bluebpaper con fine pass, thick like say na better tori dey inside.. Pple wey collect visa sef na fotocopy dem carry go ause

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by sinola(m): 10:45am On Aug 04, 2018
resurgent2019:
I am asking this question with a heavy heart because a friend of mine told me his F1 visa application—as well as that of all intending students to the US—was denied this morning. He answered all the questions of the visa officer perfectly but he was still denied. He was aked if he is married and had kids, and he answered in the negative. Could his being single be a factor in the denial of his application? Or is there something else prompting the US embassy to deny Nigerians visas? I am really perplexed because my friend expended a lot of money to apply and gain admission to a US school. If the US doesnt want Nigerians to come to their country anymore, they can as well a formal and well publicized directive to that effect. The practice of swindling Nigerians of exorbitant visas fees must be deprecated and discouraged by the Nigerian Government.

According to my friend, all intending students for masters degree to the US were denied their visas this morning. Not even one was issued a visa. This is the height of visa discrimination and something must be done to remedy the situation. Nigerians cannot continue to waste their hard earned money to apply for visa that has already been denied by fiat of the authorities at the State Department(Foggy Bottom). We need clarity and honesty on this visa issue from US authorities. Enough is Enough. angry angry angry angry angry angry

Bros,as long as PMB is still in power and messing up our economy,every country will be treating us as shithole people....The only way out is to get our PVC and do the right thing

3 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by smses: 10:45am On Aug 04, 2018
Im a victim. U.S don’t want Nigerian but their money, I am doing very well with good in come, a CEO of a company and I am married for about 7 years. I applied to attend in course in U.S. but I was denial under section 214b because I don’t have strong ties, the only thing I saw was because I don’t have a child. It’s quite sad. and I believe people using agency will pay money for doing noting.
U.S. is not welcoming Nigerians, go to countries like Uk for your program. all counties have bad eggs including U.S.

6 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by caprini1: 10:46am On Aug 04, 2018
The same America that the few friends I have there are always asking for money,t help out with their mortgage...e no easy anywhere ,you can only do the best you can and hope for better days.

5 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by wallymore(m): 10:46am On Aug 04, 2018
NI geriatric govt shld do something abt all this happened... American embassy had really made a lot of money from nigeria citizens thru this channel emerging a visa fees of 160 dollars per applicant. Assured 1000 application for the whole country rejected... American has really kills nigeria thru this.

3 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by wallymore(m): 10:46am On Aug 04, 2018
NIgeria govt shld do something abt all this happened... American embassy had really made a lot of money from nigeria citizens thru this channel emerging a visa fees of 160 dollars per applicant. Assured 1000 application for the whole country rejected... American has really kills nigeria thru this.
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Amberon11: 10:47am On Aug 04, 2018
How old is your friend? Listen, answering their questions correctly doesn't guarantee you a visa. Those people are psychologists. There is only one information they need from you which will guarantee you a visa and you won't know when you must've answered that question.

In the case of your friend, it could be that he is of marriageable age and is not married hence not having strong ties to his country. The V.O probably assumed he will easily get Married there and never come back. That could be why he was denied.
resurgent2019:

He told me his answers to the questions asked by the VO. They were professional questions replied with standard answers.

10 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Idonije8(m): 10:47am On Aug 04, 2018
stagger:

What happened to places like France, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Singapore and the Scandinavian countries? Indeed, France under President Macron is intending to save the French language by opening up opportunities for scholarships for Africans to study and work in France. That is part of why he was in Nigeria.

Please try to get informed about these things. The problem is that Nigerians are too myopic, do not bother to read or do any research. They just live their lives based on half-baked information.
i have never thought of going to the US....i love europe lots of people stress so much for US when you actually get your dream in Europe...Bleep trump and and America...

2 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Sammiejokes(m): 10:47am On Aug 04, 2018
This is not news, every year there is an allocation of visas granted to each countries. If there is more influx of applicants due to the Nigerian factors, Nigeria US embassy will still issue out the granted quota. Your friend should not give up, as long as his documents are genuine(many fraudulent applicants) from personal experiences.
As someone said US is still the most immigrant friendly till date by statistics. I live and work in the UK and i know how hard UK immigration is.
UK can reject your application even if u have US Visa on passport. No guarantee you will ever stay back after spending fortune on masters in the UK.

7 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by poseidon12: 10:47am On Aug 04, 2018
resurgent2019:

Hmmmmmmmmm sad. So invariably, the US is punishing genuine travelers because of the sins of Nigerians who have overstayed their visas in the US?

How can you tell a genuine Nigerian from non-genuine one, whatever that means? Everybody wants a better life for themselves and their family. Nigerians should start looking inwards. We should believe in ourselves and rebuild our country. If our economy is doing well, few Nigerians would want to leave the country to go be a nuisance to others in their beloved countries. If only few confortable Nigerians are going for visa, no one would be denied. They will even be marketing their country to Nigerians to come and visit and spend money. Participate in electoral activities and vote wisely. Stop voting based on ethnic or religious sentiments.
It would actually be good for Nigeria as a country if the US and Western Europe would make a conscious decision to deny most Nigerians visa. This would make everybody to sit up.

15 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by odehbrainard: 10:49am On Aug 04, 2018
lindaayim:
i live in the US. I dont know what peoples intent are but just fyi many but not all Nigerians abuse visas by overstaying....go to atlanta n see how many nigerians are there on temp visa....

I was denied too, soon as they asked if I was married or single and I replied “NO”, the lady just told me straight that I wasn’t qualified for a visa at this time. Me that has a very stable job, earn good money, and have ties in properties bequeathed to me by my grandparents, even a smoothly runned business, plus a few travel history, they felt I would leave all those and stay back. Their loss though, I love my nigeria.

19 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by sinola(m): 10:49am On Aug 04, 2018
resurgent2019:

Bros,as long as PMB is still in power and messing up our economy,every country will be treating us as shithole people....The only way out is to get our PVC and do the right thing.
When we do the right and get it right,all those countries including US will start looking for us and even start awarding scholarships to our students

4 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Positivepoint(m): 10:49am On Aug 04, 2018
resurgent2019:

Arrrrrrghh. I don’t support that oo. What the US needs to do is make a categorical statement that they don’t want Nigerians in their country again. It is a very simple matter. And it is better than robbing people of their hard earned application fees.

We know Nigeria has failed, maybe that’s why Nigerians are being rejected worldwide. The structural problems of the country has to be tackled at some point. We cannot keep being afraid of the violence of the northerners. If southerners can’t leave this failed contraption, we might as well face the notherners war for war and repossess our country.

And how comes we northerners dont get rejected. never heard any northerner visa application being rejected. We dont over stay our visit and we dont engage in crime oversees. so i think u people should look inwards the actual problem lies within u. correct it u ll get visas every where

5 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Newmanluckyman(m): 10:52am On Aug 04, 2018
queendoreez:

Left to me i'll advise Nigerians to boycott US embassy, that country is over rated and full of sh*t. Focus on going to Europe and getting an EU passport, with that you can travel to US visa free for 90days .
My 1cent!
....why are you contradicting yourself? First "US is overrated and full of shit" and in another "get EU visa so that you can stay 90days in the US".

You are one of the reasons US visas are being denied to Nigerians. You simply don't know what you want.

12 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Afam4eva(m): 10:53am On Aug 04, 2018
Shakushaku1:
How much be visa fee sef, e Don tey I reach that side last, make I go try ma luck again cheesy grin
Your name has been blacklisted. I saw your name on the list.

5 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Amberon11: 10:53am On Aug 04, 2018
Exactly. That question is too relevant.
justwise:

Why not admit that you don’t know jack about student visa interview?

That question is completely relevant and any serious student will prepare to give a convincing answer.

I actually feel sorry for your friend.
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Fulmigati: 10:53am On Aug 04, 2018
America just dey exploit the desperation of Nigerians.
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by kayfuture: 10:55am On Aug 04, 2018
Bro, I have try to mail you endlessly, got a pressing issue I need to discuss with you..
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Shakushaku1(m): 10:56am On Aug 04, 2018
Afam4eva:

Your name has been blacklisted. I saw your name on the list.

grin grin grin
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Nobody: 10:57am On Aug 04, 2018
Don't k ow what you're saying but my friend of his US Visa not long ago, my cousin traveller last month for his masters...
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Teebella01: 10:57am On Aug 04, 2018
It's really unfair, the Nigerian government needs to step into this, even the question asked for the visa interview is actually irrelevant. This is just fraud from every angle.
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Amberon11: 10:57am On Aug 04, 2018
I guess abdulmuttalab was a southerner.
ahiboilandgas:
southerner are the visa abuser they do 419,fake marriage and sent over 100 k girls to sell sex and drugs nothing concern northerner with us visa he busy in his farm and happy he doesn't think of American as paradise search ur soul

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Swiss Woman Married To Anambra Guy, Compares Nigeria To Zurich- Pics / ₦163b, 19floors Into The Ground, China To Open Groundscraper Hotel In 2018(pics) / The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.