Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,947 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:48 AM

Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? (54939 Views)

Dubai: No Police, No Military, No Media Just An Order (Photos) / Italian Authorities Deport 11 Nigerian Eiye Gang Members After Arrest. Photos / Christian Pilgrimage: Israel Denies 25 Nigerians Visas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by kayfuture: 10:58am On Aug 04, 2018
justwise:

Why not admit that you don’t know jack about student visa interview?

That question is completely relevant and any serious student will prepare to give a convincing answer.

I actually feel sorry for your friend.

Bro, I have try to mail you endlessly, got a pressing issue I need to discuss with you..
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by gidjah(m): 10:59am On Aug 04, 2018
Hotstepper:
It can also be cuz the Canadian govt as of March/April asked that thr US should screen well who they give Visa to in Nigeria cuz there were an influx of Nigerians with US visa in Canada in March/April as in alot.

Infanct, Canadian immigration Minister sent some immigration officers to Nigerian to teach their US counterparts how to get the job done and the minister himself also went to have a talk with the Nigerian Government.
yea yea I still remember that scenario. the hurtful truth is that there is an underground scheme to bar out lots of Africans (Nigeria to be more precise) from accessing the States. That I got from a pretty reliable source and efforts are in Top Gear overboard. All this super comfortable guys sef, what's with it with The States?? masters can be gotten even in other nicer friendly nations of the world na! make una cut USA some slack and let dem be choping their economy dem selves. Honestly, after been to some of this nation's in Europe, I stopped fancying been there, but may b it's just my mentality or I grew up mentally ,call it whatever u like. I shall do well here and grow better by His mercies. After all d last time I went over, na dem tel me say I qualify to come defend my nation sef, though I loved what I saw getting there.
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Teebella01: 10:59am On Aug 04, 2018
What question do they ask, a lot of people go there and answer questions correctly yet are stil denied. Theres obviously no rule to it. Those denials are intentional.
Amberon11:
Exactly. That question is too relevant.

1 Like

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Buharimustgo: 11:03am On Aug 04, 2018
resurgent2019:

Arrrrrrghh. I don’t support that oo. What the US needs to do is make a categorical statement that they don’t want Nigerians in their country again. It is a very simple matter. And it is better than robbing people of their hard earned application fees.

We know Nigeria has failed, maybe that’s why Nigerians are being rejected worldwide. The structural problems of the country has to be tackled at some point. We cannot keep being afraid of the violence of the northerners. If southerners can’t leave this failed contraption, we might as well face the notherners war for war and repossess our country.

After voting Buhari,you want to run to the US,you must stay back and reap from where you sowed

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by nephemmy(m): 11:03am On Aug 04, 2018
if ur friend wanna really go to Yankee...he's gotta keep applying...one day he/she will get the visa..it ain't easy these days to get Yankee visa..very hard but if it's ur padi dream he'll get it if he does not quit tryin.

2 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by jconsulting(f): 11:04am On Aug 04, 2018
They should stay in their country and do the Masters, how many Americans comes here for masters

4 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by johninhos(m): 11:05am On Aug 04, 2018
resurgent2019:
I am asking this question with a heavy heart because a friend of mine told me his F1 visa application—as well as that of all intending students to the US—was denied this morning. He answered all the questions of the visa officer perfectly but he was still denied. He was aked if he is married and had kids, and he answered in the negative. Could his being single be a factor in the denial of his application? Or is there something else prompting the US embassy to deny Nigerians visas? I am really perplexed because my friend expended a lot of money to apply and gain admission to a US school. If the US doesnt want Nigerians to come to their country anymore, they can as well a formal and well publicized directive to that effect. The practice of swindling Nigerians of exorbitant visas fees must be deprecated and discouraged by the Nigerian Government.

According to my friend, all intending students for masters degree to the US were denied their visas this morning. Not even one was issued a visa. This is the height of visa discrimination and something must be done to remedy the situation. Nigerians cannot continue to waste their hard earned money to apply for visa that has already been denied by fiat of the authorities at the State Department(Foggy Bottom). We need clarity and honesty on this visa issue from US authorities. Enough is Enough. angry angry angry angry angry angry

Mods, do the needful, please.

being single without commitments is a big issue, they hardly give except ure elite and your family name ring a bell
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by bluefilm: 11:05am On Aug 04, 2018
Serves them right.

We are in this _shit together. wink
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Nobody: 11:06am On Aug 04, 2018
Positivepoint:

i am from the north and i was given 2 years visa even though i only spent 2 weeks. They even called me that i am back so early is it that i didnt enjoy the stay or when am i going back. i ve never heard from any northerner visa application being rejected. they usually give us two years

That's because we don't stick like a glue when we get there, Northerners usually love thier arewa above all else, I remember during one of those ASUU strike my dad planned on sending me to Malaysia, my mom absolutely refused, she said I go spoil grin .

Personally I want my kids to grow up in Nigeria with their relatives close by, I don't want them to be like two of my cousins who's dad happens to be a red neck. the guy is cool, but the kids no even understand Hausa talkless of Fulani. Na only English

4 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by thunderbabs: 11:06am On Aug 04, 2018
Trump is happening.

Trump doesnt want people from shithole countriess. He is cutting down immensely on immigration of any kind from shithole countries. Whether is study, visit or medical... Medical-if dey see u v d money well well sha and u vnt abused such privilege b4, u will b issued.

The embassy is only issuing aged pple for now who cant go there to work, only aged pple goin for visit or tourism. As for young pple.... Wait till Trump leaves dt seat or u kip giving dem free visa fee.

Trump doesnt like blacks and most south American countries... Embassy has bin instructed to cut down on issuance to a really low level.

For now, issuance has little to do with answering questions perfectly. Issue is with Trump's directive

1 Like

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Nobody: 11:07am On Aug 04, 2018
lindaayim:
I dont think their intent is to punish....my opinion is to make the process so difficult so that people r discouraged from applying n probably filter through applicants for those with genuine cause....it is always hard to tell who is genuine...plus sometimes few bad tomatoes affects several good ones in a basket

I disagree with your point especially since trump has taken over and we all know what he stands for. He mentioned Nigeria several times in negative terms, as well enforce travel restrictions on citizens of other countries.
America can do whatever it likes with her visas, but where is Nigeria to defend her people against such abuses.
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Nobody: 11:07am On Aug 04, 2018
resurgent2019:
I am asking this question with a heavy heart because a friend of mine told me his F1 visa application—as well as that of all intending students to the US—was denied this morning. He answered all the questions of the visa officer perfectly but he was still denied. He was aked if he is married and had kids, and he answered in the negative. Could his being single be a factor in the denial of his application? Or is there something else prompting the US embassy to deny Nigerians visas? I am really perplexed because my friend expended a lot of money to apply and gain admission to a US school. If the US doesnt want Nigerians to come to their country anymore, they can as well a formal and well publicized directive to that effect. The practice of swindling Nigerians of exorbitant visas fees must be deprecated and discouraged by the Nigerian Government.

According to my friend, all intending students for masters degree to the US were denied their visas this morning. Not even one was issued a visa. This is the height of visa discrimination and something must be done to remedy the situation. Nigerians cannot continue to waste their hard earned money to apply for visa that has already been denied by fiat of the authorities at the State Department(Foggy Bottom). We need clarity and honesty on this visa issue from US authorities. Enough is Enough. angry angry angry angry angry angry

I don't blame US for their actions.
Most Nigerians are not honest.
I have two cousins and few friends who has traveled to US for master for more than five years and has REFUSED to return. It's the same in most cases.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by AlphaT1(m): 11:08am On Aug 04, 2018
resurgent2019:

I understood what you are saying. But in this case, the questions related to issues of law. The answers are the same the world over. My friend said he answered them correctly but the visa officer was asking irrelevant questions about why he chose the school he chose(completely unrelated to the grant of a student visa). The fact is that there is a standing order to deny genuine Nigerians American visas due to the misdeeds of other Nigerians who are abusing their visas.

The US should come out straight to issue a statement that there is a reduction in the number of visas to be issued to Nigerians henceforth. That is better than taking visa fees from Nigerians and still deny them the visas. It is a very simple matter oo. It is their country and they reserve the right to deny foreigners access to it. But they should honest about your consular objectives and policies regarding Nigeria!

Arrrghh egbon mi how can you say asking why he chose the school he chose is irrelevant? I was asked dat too some yrs ago....
Your friend might not be truthful about answering d questions perfectly !

1 Like

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by metroid(m): 11:10am On Aug 04, 2018
SourGrape:
Just admit that you are the one lets know how to assist you.

grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Amberon11: 11:10am On Aug 04, 2018
The US consulate called you?
Positivepoint:

i am from the north and i was given 2 years visa even though i only spent 2 weeks. They even called me that i am back so early is it that i didnt enjoy the stay or when am i going back. i ve never heard from any northerner visa application being rejected. they usually give us two years

9 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Newmanluckyman(m): 11:10am On Aug 04, 2018
Acidosis:

Op is right though. From the experience of a relative on 2nd August, not less than 900 people gathered at the embassy, and according to him, 95% were denied.

Just calculate 1000 applicants in just 1 day by N50k. Those defending this trend are the real enemies of Nigeria.
...as long as you don't know the basis of the rejection, your argument is puerile. Most Nigerians took JAMB for the 12th times but never queried the JAMB authorities. Nigerians always have this entitlements mentality.

5 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Ezniteadin(m): 11:12am On Aug 04, 2018
I will never forget my first, second third and fourth experience at Walter Carrington, i dreaded the location before my interview,
It was a lot of sacrifice, because i was so broke and cannot afford a hotel on the Island, i had to beg some Boat men at Ozumba Mbadiwe to let me sleep in the Boat (Yes Boat) this is about 20 Years ago

Before those expensive Hotels were built, i remember one Redeem church around that area, in the morning of my interview after my many sacrifice and almost rumpled dress because of the stress. the young Black American interviewing at the embassy did not bother to ask me question
The denied me within minutes after examining my documents which were well arranged by all reasonable reasons for my travels
Three months later i was back after the Fraudulent immigration gave me a new passport, I undermined their record system before the finger print saga
again, they slammed me another denial

I tried again about four Years Later
they denied me again
I tried one Last time, They denied me and i gave up trying after my economic situation grew worse

If you want to hear the full gist on how they eventually gave me 10 Years which i did not need. feel free

those guys at the embassy are sadist, they make decision based on their personal biases

10 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Willie2015: 11:12am On Aug 04, 2018
We all know that all those guys going for Masters are not coming back to
Nigeria. Those guys in the U.S. Embassy Know it ....

You need to package yourself to show you are coming back to Nigeria.For example,
Have a good business with reasonable turnover and assets on ground .
U need to show them u can't just afford to sit down in Yankee when u have a good biz in Naija

1 Like

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by UncleJudax(m): 11:12am On Aug 04, 2018
kunzzy4me:
One day the youth will burn down the embassy.. Their just exploiting Nigerians...
Dem force you apply...?

Make Una burn down Aso rock first.

No be Aso rock politics make all man de log out?

If Nigeria was doing well, Nigerians wouldn't need a visa to travel to the US.

Oga channel your vexation to the right corner

3 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by babzo(m): 11:13am On Aug 04, 2018
queendoreez:

Left to me i'll advise Nigerians to boycott US embassy, that country is over rated and full of sh*t. Focus on going to Europe and getting an EU passport, with that you can travel to US visa free for 90days .
My 1cent!

You say USA is over rated, yet you are advising on getting EU passport first ( 1 to 10 year effort ? Or more) and then get 90 day USA VIsa!!!

5 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Newmanluckyman(m): 11:13am On Aug 04, 2018
Acidosis:

That's because you used the embassy in Abuja, the story is different in Lagos. There is a high level of preference for those of the Northern origin or those in Abuja.
...just imagine another useless statement.

2 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by kitaatita: 11:13am On Aug 04, 2018
resurgent2019:

Hmmmmmmmmm sad. So invariably, the US is punishing genuine travelers because of the sins of Nigerians who have overstayed their visas in the US?
You need to convince the authority among other things that

You won't be a burden to American taxpayers. Which means that you should have verifiable means of sustaining yourself in America

There is something to motivate you to return to Nigeria; like wife and children, property and investments, etc

You are not going to America to be involved in drugs or criminal activity

You also need a genuine reason for travelling to America. Some people will turn up at the visa section and say that they are going on vacation. But they won't know any particular attraction in America that will propel them to go to America

You also need to convince the authority that you have somewhere to stay.

Sorry ooo. Try Adeleke University. You don't need visa to go there
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Rollitout: 11:15am On Aug 04, 2018
resurgent2019:

I was also denied last year as many other Nigerians about 200 were denied too
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Willie2015: 11:15am On Aug 04, 2018
Positivepoint:

Cos they know Notherners don't stay back as illegal immigrant. I have friends in the North that did their Masters abroad, all of them are back in Naija in the academic sector.

2 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Nobody: 11:16am On Aug 04, 2018
resurgent2019:
justwise post=69953598:

grin grin typical smh

Are a consular officer? Why are you cocky to your fellow Nigerians?
He is a Judah's na.

1 Like

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Positivepoint(m): 11:17am On Aug 04, 2018
Amberon11:
The US consulate called you?

yeap they actually did
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Nobody: 11:19am On Aug 04, 2018
resurgent2019:

That is d truth. Nigerians who got us visas and drove to the canadian border the ffg day to claim refugee have denied honest nigerians who have true intentions to travel to US. I will advice people to look for somewhere else to spend their summer money if they have not visited US before. There are other countries ready to accept your money other than US. Except you also have an ulterior motive.

1 Like

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Nobody: 11:20am On Aug 04, 2018
lindaayim:
i live in the US. I dont know what peoples intent are but just fyi many but not all Nigerians abuse visas by overstaying....go to atlanta n see how many nigerians are there on temp visa....

It's actually an epidemic of sorts here in LA too.

3 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Amberon11: 11:22am On Aug 04, 2018
That isn't the reason you were denied.
My sister and her husband just got back from the US last week. They didn't have a child when they got their visa and yes they got their visa under Trump.
smses:
Im a victim. U.S don’t want Nigerian but their money, I am doing very well with good in come, a CEO of a company and I am married for about 7 years. I applied to attend in course in U.S. but I was denial under section 214b because I don’t have strong ties, the only thing I saw was because I don’t have a child. It’s quite sad. and I believe people using agency will pay money for doing noting.
U.S. is not welcoming Nigerians, go to countries like Uk for your program. all counties have bad eggs including U.S.
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Nobody: 11:23am On Aug 04, 2018
resurgent2019:

So it’s a deterrence measure? I mean defrauding applicants of the money?

It's not fraud.

Visa is a benefit and not a right.

The issue I see here, again, are Nigerians with their sense of entitlement.

Citizens of other countries are also denied.

7 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Nobody: 11:24am On Aug 04, 2018
kunzzy4me:
One day the youth will burn down the embassy.. Their just exploiting Nigerians...

That could be taken as a threat.

Then they'll blame SARS.
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Nobody: 11:24am On Aug 04, 2018
yeyerolling:
cheesy abuja babe wen u dey come back ikotun na tongue. U beta flee to obodo go enjoy life
Ikotun no dey my list of tourist location unfortunately.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Ikorodu-Mile 12 Road: Crowd At The Ikorodu Ferry Terminal Today / Swiss Woman Married To Anambra Guy, Compares Nigeria To Zurich- Pics / Which Nigerian City Has The Best Roads?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.