Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,873 members, 7,806,491 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:14 PM

Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? (54956 Views)

Dubai: No Police, No Military, No Media Just An Order (Photos) / Italian Authorities Deport 11 Nigerian Eiye Gang Members After Arrest. Photos / Christian Pilgrimage: Israel Denies 25 Nigerians Visas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Amberon11: 11:24am On Aug 04, 2018
You are totally right. My sister and her husband were both denied UK visas even with US Visa on their passports.
Sammiejokes:
This is not news, every year there is an allocation of visas granted to each countries. If there is more influx of applicants due to the Nigerian factors, Nigeria US embassy will still issue out the granted quota. Your friend should not give up, as long as his documents are genuine(many fraudulent applicants) from personal experiences.
As someone said US is still the most immigrant friendly till date by statistics. I live and work in the UK and i know how hard UK immigration is.
UK can reject your application even if u have US Visa on passport. No guarantee you will ever stay back after spending fortune on masters in the UK.
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Acidosis(m): 11:26am On Aug 04, 2018
Newmanluckyman:
...as long as you don't know the basis of the rejection, your argument is puerile. Most Nigerians took JAMB for the 12th times but never queried the JAMB authorities. Nigerians always have this entitlements mentality.

Nigerians don't query JAMB authorities? Where do you live? And what do you mean by entitlement mentality? Fact that OP is asking the embassy a very serious question?

It doesn't bother you that around 95% of applicants were rejected in one day, after paying about 50k each to the U.S government? It doesn't bother you, Mister?

5 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Amberon11: 11:26am On Aug 04, 2018
Pls where is abdulmuttalab from? Go to Abuja embassy and see northerners being rejected.
Positivepoint:

And how comes we northerners dont get rejected. never heard any northerner visa application being rejected. We dont over stay our visit and we dont engage in crime oversees. so i think u people should look inwards the actual problem lies within u. correct it u ll get visas every where

5 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Nobody: 11:26am On Aug 04, 2018
resurgent2019:

I understood what you are saying. But in this case, the questions related to issues of law. The answers are the same the world over. My friend said he answered them correctly but the visa officer was asking irrelevant questions about why he chose the school he chose(completely unrelated to the grant of a student visa). The fact is that there is a standing order to deny genuine Nigerians American visas due to the misdeeds of other Nigerians who are abusing their visas.

The US should come out straight to issue a statement that there is a reduction in the number of visas to be issued to Nigerians henceforth. That is better than taking visa fees from Nigerians and still deny them the visas. It is a very simple matter oo. It is their country and they reserve the right to deny foreigners access to it. But they should honest about your consular objectives and policies regarding Nigeria!

You come across as an educated person so why would you say that the question of why he chose a particular school is unrelated to the student visa interview?

It’s akin to saying a pastors question of “do you take this man as your husband?” during a wedding as irrelevant.

7 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Amberon11: 11:27am On Aug 04, 2018
How old is your cousin? And what did your friend go for ?
rychard:
Don't k ow what you're saying but my friend of his US Visa not long ago, my cousin traveller last month for his masters...
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by sunkky147(m): 11:28am On Aug 04, 2018
Nigerians living in the US are something else, if a Nigeria citizen is positioned in d VO....I bet no one will get a US transit not to talk of visa...I knew a man in US and I was asking him how he can help me with US visa, he told me US don't give visa to any Africa country except South Africa.... I was like see dis idiot...
resurgent2019:

Are you an embassy official? Why are you defending them?

11 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Nobody: 11:30am On Aug 04, 2018
nephemmy:
if ur friend wanna really go to Yankee...he's gotta keep applying...one day he/she will get the visa..it ain't easy these days to get Yankee visa..very hard but if it's ur padi dream he'll get it if he does not quit tryin.
By spending more money that ought to be use for something better?
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by barristerzinny(f): 11:30am On Aug 04, 2018
resurgent2019:
I am asking this question with a heavy heart because a friend of mine told me his F1 visa application—as well as that of all intending students to the US—was denied this morning. He answered all the questions of the visa officer perfectly but he was still denied. He was aked if he is married and had kids, and he answered in the negative. Could his being single be a factor in the denial of his application? Or is there something else prompting the US embassy to deny Nigerians visas? I am really perplexed because my friend expended a lot of money to apply and gain admission to a US school. If the US doesnt want Nigerians to come to their country anymore, they can as well a formal and well publicized directive to that effect. The practice of swindling Nigerians of exorbitant visas fees must be deprecated and discouraged by the Nigerian Government.

According to my friend, all intending students for masters degree to the US were denied their visas this morning. Not even one was issued a visa. This is the height of visa discrimination and something must be done to remedy the situation. Nigerians cannot continue to waste their hard earned money to apply for visa that has already been denied by fiat of the authorities at the State Department(Foggy Bottom). We need clarity and honesty on this visa issue from US authorities. Enough is Enough. angry angry angry angry angry angry

Mods, do the needful, please.
My former colleague at my former office, was denied American visa cos he was single.
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Jengbetiele: 11:30am On Aug 04, 2018
One issue that made the headlines recently is the influx of nigerian refugees to Canada via US. They apply for US visit visa or student visa, fly to US and stay there for couple of months, and then go to the nearest Canadian border on a mission to be admitted into Canada as refugee after narrating some cock and bull stories. The Canadian government noticed this and consequently had meetings with US government officials to ensure that visa issued to Nigerians are scrutinized appropriately in a bid to curtail this act. After the meeting, even visas that have been already issued got cancelled and may nigerians got turned back from POE. A colleague at work recently asked me if there is a serious war going on in Nigeria because every Nigerian he has meet recently are either filing for refugee status or are already refugees. I guess this may be part reasons for the recent alarming rate of refusal as well.

3 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Nobody: 11:31am On Aug 04, 2018
UHM YEA THATS COX NIGERIA IS RECOGNIZED AS ISLAMIC COUNTRY AND U KNOW TRUMP AND ISLAM.....

2 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Amberon11: 11:31am On Aug 04, 2018
Oga there are rules to it. If you are of a certain age and are not married it would be assumed you're just running away and will be denied. Strong ties could mean a job, husband/wife/ kids etc.
Teebella01:
What question do they ask, a lot of people go there and answer questions correctly yet are stil denied. Theres obviously no rule to it. Those denials are intentional.

2 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Bizibi(m): 11:31am On Aug 04, 2018
stagger:

What happened to places like France, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Singapore and the Scandinavian countries? Indeed, France under President Macron is intending to save the French language by opening up opportunities for scholarships for Africans to study and work in France. That is part of why he was in Nigeria.

Please try to get informed about these things. The problem is that Nigerians are too myopic, do not bother to read or do any research. They just live their lives based on half-baked information.
exactly!!! I thought of the u.s but when I saw trumps face on the t.v I decided to make plans to visit any of the Scandinavian nations or Asia,there are nice countries in the world today,I'm tired of hearing America america America.

4 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Guyoo: 11:31am On Aug 04, 2018
US Visa is at the discretion of the Embassy officials to grant or not to, it is a privilege and not a right, even with a visa you can still be turned back at US point of entry if you can't convince the border officer you have good intention of coming to the US.
Having said that most people are to blame for being denied US Visa, you must be truthful and consistent in the answer you give to embassy officials interviewing you for a visa, most times their questions are taken from the information you have filled in the application form and if they notice any inconsistency in answers to give with what you have in the form, then you will most likely be denied a visa, so one must be sure the answers you give tallies with information you already filled in the application form

4 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Inspire06: 11:33am On Aug 04, 2018
resurgent2019:
I am asking this question with a heavy heart because a friend of mine told me his F1 visa application—as well as that of all intending students to the US—was denied this morning. He answered all the questions of the visa officer perfectly but he was still denied. He was aked if he is married and had kids, and he answered in the negative. Could his being single be a factor in the denial of his application? Or is there something else prompting the US embassy to deny Nigerians visas? I am really perplexed because my friend expended a lot of money to apply and gain admission to a US school. If the US doesnt want Nigerians to come to their country anymore, they can as well a formal and well publicized directive to that effect. The practice of swindling Nigerians of exorbitant visas fees must be deprecated and discouraged by the Nigerian Government.

According to my friend, all intending students for masters degree to the US were denied their visas this morning. Not even one was issued a visa. This is the height of visa discrimination and something must be done to remedy the situation. Nigerians cannot continue to waste their hard earned money to apply for visa that has already been denied by fiat of the authorities at the State Department(Foggy Bottom). We need clarity and honesty on this visa issue from US authorities. Enough is Enough. angry angry angry angry angry angry

did he apply in abuja or lagos
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by khalhokage(m): 11:33am On Aug 04, 2018
You can thank Donald Trump's anti immigration policies, it didn't start today.

4 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Nobody: 11:34am On Aug 04, 2018
queendoreez:

Left to me i'll advise Nigerians to boycott US embassy, that country is over rated and full of sh*t. Focus on going to Europe and getting an EU passport, with that you can travel to US visa free for 90days .
My 1cent!

You still have to be interviewed at POE and may be denied entry (happens to many). And certain conditions require an EU passport holder to get a visa ahead of travel.

Stop making it seem as if it's an automatic entry for EU passport holders.

2 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Amberon11: 11:35am On Aug 04, 2018
Oga Abeg I want to hear this gist. It will make my day. pray tell, how did it happen?
Ezniteadin:
I will never forget my first, second third and fourth experience at Walter Carrington, i dreaded the location before my interview,
It was a lot of sacrifice, because i was so broke and cannot afford a hotel on the Island, i had to beg some Boat men at Ozumba Mbadiwe to let me sleep in the Boat (Yes Boat) this is about 20 Years ago

Before those expensive Hotels were built, i remember one Redeem church around that area, in the morning of my interview after my many sacrifice and almost rumpled dress because of the stress. the young Black American interviewing at the embassy did not bother to ask me question
The denied me within minutes after examining my documents which were well arranged by all reasonable reasons for my travels
Three months later i was back after the Fraudulent immigration gave me a new passport, I undermined their record system before the finger print saga
again, they slammed me another denial

I tried again about four Years Later
they denied me again
I tried one Last time, They denied me and i gave up trying after my economic situation grew worse

If you want to hear the full gist on how they eventually gave me 10 Years which i did not need. feel free

those guys at the embassy are sadist, they make decision based on their personal biases

3 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Nobody: 11:36am On Aug 04, 2018
oyb:
welcome to the era of trump

in the end , only the riff raff who will never have any opportunity to go to the us will continue to celebrate the orange turd. everyne else eye dey clear small small.

It amazes me to read of Nigerians that support Trump on here.

It's rigademdiculous.

6 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by ItzBIM(m): 11:37am On Aug 04, 2018
All that money why not use it to start a business in your country, and don’t tell me that bullshitt that it’s difficult to start a business because several people are doing it and succeeding, some of you are just scared of the unknown or mentally enslaved.

4 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by enzojaylini: 11:37am On Aug 04, 2018
it's OK. Go to olabisi onabanjo university and study your master there!

3 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by einsteine(m): 11:39am On Aug 04, 2018
resurgent2019:

With many Nigerians getting visas to the US and crossing to Canada to seek assylum, expect more visa refusals. Canada has made an official request to the US government for tougher screening of Nigerians and Ghanaians.

2 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by harmbhrosz(m): 11:39am On Aug 04, 2018
queendoreez:

Left to me i'll advise Nigerians to boycott US embassy, that country is over rated and full of sh*t. Focus on going to Europe and getting an EU passport, with that you can travel to US visa free for 90days .
My 1cent!
you first advise Nigeriana to boycott US embassy because US is sh*t and overrated, you then said they should travel to US through Europe for free, is it that you have fever or you just have issues with picking sides?

5 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by einsteine(m): 11:40am On Aug 04, 2018
By the way, you guys should stay in your country jare. You vote Buhari and you want to go abroad, you must be deported at port of entry, last last. smiley smiley smiley

2 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Positivepoint(m): 11:43am On Aug 04, 2018
Amberon11:
Pls where is abdulmuttalab from? Go to Abuja embassy and see northerners being rejected.

u mean igbos claiming to be hausa. during background checks the US embassy always finds out. plus the looks alone gives them away. One of my ibgo customers selling electronic in sabongari asked me to use his account for a while to build his bank statement i said no coz i aint a mumu.

2 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Originalsly: 11:44am On Aug 04, 2018
resurgent2019:

My friend said he answered them correctly but the visa officer was asking irrelevant questions about why he chose the school he chose(completely unrelated to the grant of a student visa).

The fact is that there is a standing order to deny genuine Nigerians American visas

There is nothing like correct answers at such interviews......you...your friend measuring by correct answers...they are measuring by truthful answers. Every question is relevant in search of the truth...is your friend really going to school? ...or to stay? He is not married..nor have kids..then he has basically nothing that will make him return...flight risk loading. Why did you choose that school?....his answer should've been at the tip of his tongue. Was it?..if he was fumbling to answer...red flag...is like if someone ask how old are you?...should you be fumbling?...btw..they may ask that as well...irrelevant to you...but if youbfumble...red flag. Your friend did not answer questions convincingly to make the VO feel he was really going to study. ..and return.
So because he was denied...it is now a standing order to deny visa to all Nigerians. If your friend thinks like you....I can see why he was denied...and maybe should be for life.

7 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by bigpicture001: 11:45am On Aug 04, 2018
after two years of dangote refinery at full operation, Nigerians would massively reduce d rate at which dey leave the country...beleive me dangote holds the key to save nigeria!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Ziggylady(f): 11:46am On Aug 04, 2018
kunzzy4me:
One day the youth will burn down the embassy.. Their just exploiting Nigerians...

Typical Nigerian youth mentality..You will burn down the embassy of another country because they refused to give you Visas?...i guess that would 'scare them so much they will start issuing visas to Nigerians in large numbers undecided

I love your 'logic' undecided

14 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Amberon11: 11:46am On Aug 04, 2018
Keep quiet. There is truth in his statement.
I don't agree they give northerners more but Abuja has a better success rate than Lagos and that is a fact.
Newmanluckyman:
...just imagine another useless statement.
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Sterope(f): 11:47am On Aug 04, 2018
Is your friend not aware of the present US administration to migrant? I know of a family that has been travelling to the US for summer vacation had their visa renewel denied.

Visa application has become tight even to European countries. Most foreign countries ambassadors are significantly reducing the number of visas they grant per year. I believe there is an order to that effect.

resurgent2019:

He told me his answers to the questions asked by the VO. They were professional questions replied with standard answers.

2 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Nobody: 11:49am On Aug 04, 2018
Amberon11:
The US consulate called you?

Lie of course grin

4 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Amberon11: 11:53am On Aug 04, 2018
Wow, that's really cool. That's to tell you they monitor everything and know that most of us don't return.
Positivepoint:

yeap they actually did
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Nobody: 11:54am On Aug 04, 2018
jconsulting:
They should stay in their country and do the Masters, how many Americans comes here for masters

We want different things in Life.

If you want to do an MSc/PHD in Nigeria, go ahead. Some people on the other hand want to go to the MIT, HAVARD, OXFORD, YALE of this world. They have that right.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Swiss Woman Married To Anambra Guy, Compares Nigeria To Zurich- Pics / The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved / ₦163b, 19floors Into The Ground, China To Open Groundscraper Hotel In 2018(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.