Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,038 members, 7,799,518 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:38 PM

Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? (54923 Views)

Dubai: No Police, No Military, No Media Just An Order (Photos) / Italian Authorities Deport 11 Nigerian Eiye Gang Members After Arrest. Photos / Christian Pilgrimage: Israel Denies 25 Nigerians Visas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Amberon11: 12:24pm On Aug 04, 2018
I'm not here to discuss tribalism. I know core northerner when I see one and I have seen northerners being denied visas on many occasions. I am not speaking on heresay but rather what I've seen and experienced first-hand.
Positivepoint:

u mean igbos claiming to be hausa. during background checks the US embassy always finds out. plus the looks alone gives them away. One of my ibgo customers selling elections in sabongari asked me to use his account for a while to build his bank statement i said no coz i aint a mumu.

2 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Aug 04, 2018
chukzyfcbb:
someone who had scaled perfectly in the interview was asked, hw many schools did you apply to?
He mentioned 3 schools, third names and all

and the V.O was like why didn't you apply to more schools, he replied that those schools were top schools in bla bla and since he was offered admission by these schools, I mean why apply to more.

Can you imagine he was rejected USA study visa because baba no apply to more schools.

Make dem talk say dem no want Naija peeps, simple!
Lol, your country men already plenty for here, Nigerians out number other Africans here in America . In fact there there is no major city where Nigeria don't make up the majority of black people here.
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Nukilia: 12:25pm On Aug 04, 2018
queendoreez:

Why would would i? When i'm busy making my money and thinking how to get my UBA branch code to enable me receive money from abroad via WorldRemit! wink

Thats cool!

2 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Vicktomaniaa(m): 12:31pm On Aug 04, 2018
jchioma:

What were the reasons for refusal, the embassy gives reasons for refusal when you don't meet their criteria. Perhaps when you avail us of the reasons, we can then know what really happened and what to do. Because you can appeal.

How can one appeal....... Do you have the email address, cos the email on the web will always bounce back I'll wait your response. Thanks brov
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by mfm04622: 12:32pm On Aug 04, 2018
Is it by force?

Postgraduate students are going to America to spend either theirs or their parents' money. If the country don't want to collect your money, go to another country that is willing to collect it. Simple

3 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Nobody: 12:35pm On Aug 04, 2018
TimeMachine:

I support the decision of the USA to deny Nigerians VISA access into their country for several reasons. Most of those who are going to study in the USA, do not come back home. The Educational trip is just a decoy to get out of the country.

Americans built their infrastructures for their citizens to enjoy, now foreigners are invading their space.

Stay in your country and fight your politicians to build your schools if you are really after Education and not a means of running away from hardship and the impending 2019 implosion.

That's funny @bolded seeing as modern day "Americans " are technically immigrants themselves who invaded a land and destroyed the people who lived there, then subsequently brought human slaves from Africa to build up the country for them, using stolen resources from Africa.
I do agree with everything else you said but America was built on the backs of those they now refer to as immigrants

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Aug 04, 2018
trustyshoess:

That's funny @bolded seeing as modern day "Americans " are technically immigrants themselves who invaded a land and destroyed the people who lived there, then subsequently brought human slaves from Africa to build up the country for them, using stolen resources from Africa.
I do agree with everything else you said but America was built on the backs of those they now refer to as immigrants

You are right about Native Americans, but they were not called Americans. They were of Indian Ancestry, the founders of Modern Day America are the ones I refer to, not native Americans.

There is no point to argue on this issue. Stay in your country and stop going to reap where you did not sow.
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by tonylaw07(m): 12:48pm On Aug 04, 2018
It's so painful our government is silent on the issue of the US visa denial. I was at the embassy myself 2 weeks ago and I was denied a visitors visa all questions answered correctly cause I filled my ds160 myself. The most annoying part is the embassy never gives any reason for the denial they just say you do not qualify you can try again. 64k try again. An elderly woman of over 60years was denied a visa, abeg my people that kind of woman go run or work there. A naval officer of a high rank was denied visa with his family. Families of 5 where denied, just imagine how much has gone down the drain. They are just swinderling Nigerians because they know there is no refund. The government should look into this and make sure there is either a total refund or part refund and you would see they would stop the nonsense of visa denial without a good reason.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Nobody: 12:50pm On Aug 04, 2018
Sammiejokes:
This is not news, every year there is an allocation of visas granted to each countries. If there is more influx of applicants due to the Nigerian factors, Nigeria US embassy will still issue out the granted quota. Your friend should not give up, as long as his documents are genuine(many fraudulent applicants) from personal experiences.
As someone said US is still the most immigrant friendly till date by statistics. I live and work in the UK and i know how hard UK immigration is.
UK can reject your application even if u have US Visa on passport. No guarantee you will ever stay back after spending fortune on masters in the UK.
Forget guarantee sef. Staying back is NOT an option. They'll tell you to go back to Nigeria and apply for a working visa from there and to be successful, you have to already have a job offer before applying. People complaining about US visa never see something for UK.

My dad became a British citizen in 2005 and then he applied for us (wife n kids) to join him in 2007. They denied flat out, claiming that us kids show no resemblance to him and therefore they don't believe we're his. And this was a time where visa policies were still relatively lenient

4 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Amberon11: 12:50pm On Aug 04, 2018
It could be true. I know someone who said his family was called and asked if they were okay during the 2011 elections.
Although he only became a citizen because of his wife who was a Japanese American.
EgunMogaji:

Lie of course grin
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by chukzyfcbb: 12:52pm On Aug 04, 2018
Netanyahu1:
Lol, your country men already plenty for here, Nigerians out number other Africans here in America . In fact there there is no major city where Nigeria don't make up the majority of black people here.
I can imagine, everybody trying to get out of this shithole.

2 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Nobody: 12:54pm On Aug 04, 2018
resurgent2019:

We know Nigeria has failed, maybe that’s why Nigerians are being rejected worldwide. The structural problems of the country has to be tackled at some point. We cannot keep being afraid of the violence of the northerners. If southerners can’t leave this failed contraption, we might as well face the notherners war for war and repossess our country.
This is the wisest posted made by anyone in the world today.

Nigerians have no where to run to anymore. We must now take a stand and defend our honor and integrity.

This fight is for Liberty and Freedom

3 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by experimentist: 12:54pm On Aug 04, 2018
resurgent2019:

Arrrrrrghh. I don’t support that oo. What the US needs to do is make a categorical statement that they don’t want Nigerians in their country again. It is a very simple matter. And it is better than robbing people of their hard earned application fees.

We know Nigeria has failed, maybe that’s why Nigerians are being rejected worldwide. The structural problems of the country has to be tackled at some point. We cannot keep being afraid of the violence of the northerners. If southerners can’t leave this failed contraption, we might as well face the notherners war for war and repossess our country.
Stop the generalization jor! We are not violent people.

But if y'all really want WAR then bring it on!
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by TheAlchemist: 12:55pm On Aug 04, 2018
resurgent2019:

Arrrrrrghh. I don’t support that oo. What the US needs to do is make a categorical statement that they don’t want Nigerians in their country again. It is a very simple matter. And it is better than robbing people of their hard earned application fees.

The North is like that because of the high level of illiteracy. We must continually push for a more literate North. There leaders have exploited the high level of illiteracy to their advantage. Nobody wants war!
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by experimentist: 12:56pm On Aug 04, 2018
resurgent2019:

Stop the generalization jor! We are not violent people.

But if y'all really want WAR then bring it on! angry

Been going through your comments and liking em until you i came across this careless one.
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by planetx: 12:57pm On Aug 04, 2018
EgunMogaji:

I need logo and notepad. Are you on WhatsApp?
People like you that lives in the US should try to enlighten young impressionable Nlanders about the US. Cause a lot of them think they are getting visa to go to some kind of Eldorado hence the craze for visa and high rejection rate.
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Vicktomaniaa(m): 12:57pm On Aug 04, 2018
justwise:

Why not admit that you don’t know jack about student visa interview?

That question is completely relevant and any serious student will prepare to give a convincing answer.

I actually feel sorry for your friend.

Pls have you an idea how this can b don?
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Aug 04, 2018
TimeMachine:

You are right about Native Americans, but they were not called Americans. They were of Indian Ancestry, the founders of Modern Day America are the ones I refer to, not native Americans.

There is no point to argue on this issue. Stay in your country and stop going to reap where you did not sow.
Dude I know who you're referring to. That's why I said what I said. They talk so much sh*t about immigrants when they themselves did not originate there. But yea Nigerians need to stop thinking they have a right to these visas. These people are simply protecting their country from illegal immigrants which I believe a lot of Nigerians become when they get there. They abandon the school they went for and start looking for work. It affects the way others are treated unfortunately
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Felixv: 1:00pm On Aug 04, 2018
You guys never follow international news - especially what is happening in the US at the moment.

Legal immigration is currently being heavily scutinized - H1B, F1,L1 - these categories of visas are being carefully reviewed ,such that each applicant is given a thorough washdown.

This is not fraud but rather a means to curb abuse - the US believes that these visas are just a smoke screen for people to come to the US and not go back.

The F1 visa typically leads to OPT if the applicant is a science, engineering or maths graduate.

After OPT (1 plus 2yrs training) most move on to H1B then guess what - the next step is green card - this is what the US is trying to curb.

So anyone applying for F1 or any other non- immigrant visa that has a pathway to permanent residence should expect the worse but hope for the best.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Amberon11: 1:02pm On Aug 04, 2018
Pls kindly disclose this information to me,
I would love to learn. Thanks
queendoreez:

Why would would i? When i'm busy making my money and thinking how to get my UBA branch code to enable me receive money from abroad via WorldRemit! wink
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Nobody: 1:03pm On Aug 04, 2018
ahiboilandgas:
southerner are the visa abuser they do 419,fake marriage and sent over 100 k girls to sell sex and drugs nothing concern northerner with us visa he busy in his farm and happy he doesn't think of American as paradise search ur soul

This is actually very true. Northerners are very attached to family and their roots more.

I've applied for visas in Abuja and Lagos. In my experience with Abuja, the northerners usually get their visas dn southerners. While in the Lagos office u generally get few visas & numerous denials.

I guess the reason is because most northernes dt apply are usually of the higher class with strong ties to Nigeria. You hardly see their lower class or struggling middle class workers applying for visas. Unlike southerners. Their sense of 'home' and 'hustle' is very different.
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by flexyrule(m): 1:04pm On Aug 04, 2018
Abbeybailey:
Sorry my man, America is my country and that pig is a vile racist president who doesn't like people of color coming to America but guess What, there are more than 110 millions of black and brown people in America already that are citizens.
Your country indeed. Another shithole run away. Enjoy your stay.
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Amberon11: 1:05pm On Aug 04, 2018
Hmmmm. Nigerians are the most travelled Africans. It has been established that other Africans prefer to migrate within Africa.
Netanyahu1:
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by golddust6000(m): 1:09pm On Aug 04, 2018
TimeMachine:

Is this how microscopic your brain is? They are not Americans but Native ‘american’? What school did you attend? You really need to take your money back. United state is a stolen land, No so called white is the native of the land, if you are an european living in america you are an immigrant. You guys stole the land. And you need to go back to Europe where you belong. All race are involved building the stolen land!

5 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Nobody: 1:11pm On Aug 04, 2018
flexyrule:
You sound as if the US owe Nigerians the obligation of allowing them into their country to access quality education. You think its a right!!! Channel your energy to the right quarters!

A lot of Nigerians have an entitlement mentality. They feel entitled to even their extended family members money. And get incredibly angry when they don't get it. Very wicked and lazy, deceptively camouflaged as religious, souls live among us.

2 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by djon78(m): 1:13pm On Aug 04, 2018
When you guys are all running away from the country. No iota of shame again.
My own is to restructure Nigeria, let every part develop at its pace.
Not running away to another man's land.
When opportunity came for me to travel overseas and study. I didn't even agree. My parents had to sit me down that it was for my own good. I later agreed.
It was a very good academic experience. Met a lot of Nigerians from wealthy homes. I shared same school apartment with namadi sambos nephew Hausa boy(the guy got job with LNG Bonny when he came back) . I was very close to a lot of Hausa Fulani boys, na them be real ajebos. It was in my schooling I begin respect naija money. You see all those rich kids living exotic life. I was hanging out with many of them during weekends in club then in my first year. By second year I quit the hanging out so that I face my studies jare make I face what I came to do. Wrote my last exam December of that year, by January got my return ticket and returned to Naija. Home is home and me I like am here jo.

Although maybe when my wife go deliver our first baby next year we may go to Canada for delivery on legal migration. My sister and husband and kids migrated to Canada this April. I will want my kids to have the citizenship of that country. I prefer it to US.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply)

Swiss Woman Married To Anambra Guy, Compares Nigeria To Zurich- Pics / Ikorodu-Mile 12 Road: Crowd At The Ikorodu Ferry Terminal Today / Which Nigerian City Has The Best Roads?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.