Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:17 AM

Why Are Our Yoruba Brothers Supporting This Evil – Ebikapade Amasuomo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Our Yoruba Brothers Supporting This Evil – Ebikapade Amasuomo (1774 Views)

Igbo Exit From Nigeria, An Irrevocable Loss – Ebikapade Amasuomo / Black Live Matters And The 2020 US Presidential Election – Ebikapade Amasuomo / Nigeria Is Burning Under Your Watch – Ebikapade Amasuomo To President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Our Yoruba Brothers Supporting This Evil – Ebikapade Amasuomo by Idonmakeam: 12:54pm On Aug 03, 2018
As at December 2014, a few months before the general elections of 2015, it was already obvious to many that the Goodluck Jonathan regime was not the way forward due to high scale corruption and insecurity. Although it is on record that Nigeria grew tremendously in terms of economy and national prosperity, the growth at that time were not engineered by government propaganda or NBS reports.

Nigerians had food on their table, money in their pockets, fuel at cheaper rate, good exchange rate for international travellers and business men, above all the prices of food were moderate across the country. However, the then president exhibited some weaknesses in key areas; he was generous with the national treasury and many ambitious politicians ceased the opportunity to amass wealth for themselves and their friends, many built tens of mansions and acquired properties in every country they set their foot on. Furthermore, Bokoharam was out of control with multiple bombings every week. It therefore made sense that Nigerian wanted a change for the better. Although Jonathan himself may not have authorised money to be shared during his administration, however, he was the president and the buck stops at his table.

In order to correct the mistakes Jonathan made in office, President Buhari was voted in, unfortunately since he became a president, misfortune had become the nick name of Nigeria. Buhari has now been tried and tested and it is obvious that he has absolutely nothing to offer Nigeria, he has been demystified and seen for who he truly is. Younger generations of Nigerians are beginning to understand why history has it that Gen Idiagbon was the de facto president during Buhari’s military regime. Idiagbon was practically running the affairs of government at that time.

If President Buhari as a young man was a weak leader, why then should we expect more from him as an elderly man? We now understand why after his elections, he took six months to make cabinet appointments, we now understand why the economy was at a stand still for six months.

More than three years down the line, Nigerians have witness hunger at an alarming rate, it seemed as if the country was back to the 15th century all over again, the prices of goods sky rocketed. Exchange rate doubled overnight and dollar became exclusive the birth right of rich business men. The President told Nigerians that, we cannot continue to fund schools abroad by providing dollars to people seeking foreign degrees, he therefore cancelled the presidential scholarship programme for first class graduates. Amnesty scholarship recipients were unable to access funds for several months prompting their return to the country without certificates. Nevertheless, President Buhari’s three children were schooling in different institutions across the UK at the time.

The president provided dollars for pilgrimage to Israel and Mecca while many small scale businesses suffered due to scarcity of dollars, life was extremely hard for many ordinary Nigerians until the pressure became unbearable and the president eventually relaxed his dollar rule. Meanwhile Nigerians were still getting use to the new hardship, when petrol price suddenly jumped to almost double the price across the country and scarcity became the order of the day.

To make matters worst, Fulani herdsmen quickly replaced Boko Haram as the new terror group, today, the high rate of killings in the country is at an unprecedented level. More Nigerians have been killed by herdsmen under this regime than the number of people killed by Boko Haram under the previous government. At a point, news of herdsmen killings were on newspaper pages and social media every two days. Apart from the Herdsmen crisis, bandits were also massacring Nigerians in their hundred in Zamfara and along Abuja, Kadunna road. In the face of growing criticism, the president said, more people have been killed in Zamfara than Benue and Taraba put together, that was Mr Buhari’s defence. Today the life of an average Nigerian is cheaper than Tin Tomato, people are killed daily from either banditry, herdsmen, poverty, ritualist, kidnappers, armed robbers and road accidents.

President Buhari is yet to make any meaningful achievement in nearly four years instead he has made a record as the president to have witness the largest massacre of Nigerians in peace time. People are dying without any iota of concern from the president rather those who criticise the regime are witch hunted by agents of government. The president will usually be forced by Nigerians before making press statements, military deployment or visitation. Nigerians should remember that President Buhari is the president and the buck stops at his table, if the leadership of the country is too much headache for him then the right thing to do is to resign and allow us move on as a nation.

A recent international report, revealed that Nigeria have overtaken India to become the largest exporter of poverty in the world. Another international report earlier this weak, named Nigeria as the new capital of death by suicide.

It therefore grieves my heart to note that nine out of every ten supporter of this regime in Southern Nigeria is a Yoruba man. A southwest friend once told me that he will support Buhari in 2019 because key appointments were being occupied by Yoruba people, he cited Babatunde Fashola as an example. Another friend said, “I am supporting Buhari because of Tinubu” but my question is, what about the greater good of the nation? How can you keep your support for this evil simply because you believe that your ethnic group enjoys a cordial relationship with the president? An administration that refused to give you any important security position, a man who binned Tinubu immediately after the election, a man who is simply tolerating your ethnic group because of political calculations.

I am amazed that many Yoruba leaders are turning a blind eye to the killings by Fulani Herdsmen across the country and the growing poverty in the land. I can understand the northern support for Buhari as ours is still an ethnic and religious democracy but I expect better from the Yoruba race given the high level of education and modernisation in the southwest.

Although it should be pointed out that many Yoruba leaders have rejected Buhari, having seen him for who he truly is (a severely weak leader), however, an overwhelming majority of southwestern electorate and ordinary Yoruba youth are preparing to repeat the mistake of 2015. The middle belt section of the country voted for Buhari in 2015 but the story will be different in 2019, they have tried the president and have discovered that it was all propaganda, Nigerians now understand that indeed “talk is cheap”.

The result of the last presidential elections is the worst accident to have befallen Nigeria after the Biafra civil war. For no reason must we repeat the same mistake in 2019, as Obasanjo said in his letter, you cannot keep making the same mistake and expect a different result. A stitch in time saves nine.

Ebikapade Amasuomo is the country coordinator of Africa Future Matters.

https://whistletimes.com/2018/08/03/why-are-our-yoruba-brothers-supporting-this-evil-ebikapade-amasuomo/

lalasticlala help to front page oooo, this is a powerful article.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Our Yoruba Brothers Supporting This Evil – Ebikapade Amasuomo by Idonmakeam: 12:56pm On Aug 03, 2018
This is a powerful piece, every Nigerian must read.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Our Yoruba Brothers Supporting This Evil – Ebikapade Amasuomo by Nobody: 12:57pm On Aug 03, 2018
Yoruba the ball is on ur table....

afonja will always do what they know best to do...

from awolowo to banjo to adekunle to tinubu....

OP u try but the reptile must give birth to something long.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Are Our Yoruba Brothers Supporting This Evil – Ebikapade Amasuomo by pentlumpro(f): 12:57pm On Aug 03, 2018
Front page.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Our Yoruba Brothers Supporting This Evil – Ebikapade Amasuomo by frowland(m): 1:02pm On Aug 03, 2018
Idonmakeam:
...More Nigerians have been killed by herdsmen under this regime than the number of people killed by Boko Haram under the previous government

I think this is wrong information right there.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Our Yoruba Brothers Supporting This Evil – Ebikapade Amasuomo by BAILMONEY: 1:04pm On Aug 03, 2018
BECAUSE THEIR BROTHER IS THE VICE PRESIDENT

7 Likes

Re: Why Are Our Yoruba Brothers Supporting This Evil – Ebikapade Amasuomo by loveth360(f): 1:14pm On Aug 03, 2018
sai baba till 2023

after buhari our brothe osibanjo will take over,

vote for apc for better nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Our Yoruba Brothers Supporting This Evil – Ebikapade Amasuomo by Ziggylady(f): 1:19pm On Aug 03, 2018
The funny thing is that i as an Igbo lady does not dislike buhari/APC because Igbos are not faboured in this administration but for the following reasons:

1)The astronomical hike in the prices of goods and services due to buhari's poor economic policies via the depreciation of the national currency like never before

2)The deplorable state of the security situation in this country,the aiding and abetting of murderous Fulani Herdsmen by every security apparatus in this country...That is an abomination that should not be allowed to go on beyond 2019.

3)Further impoverision of the common man through mass unemployment or under-employment which has worsened in the past three years..

4)Never liked buhari cos i have read about his exploits in 1984..His draconian and nepotic way he handled Nigeria then as well as the recession he plunged this country into...same as now.

5)The over saturation of the defence outfits in a multi-ethnic country like Nigeria with his Hausa-Fulani muslim brethren only....,Huge danger and a red flag..

6)His 'muslims should vote muslims alone' speeches in the past... i knew electing him with this mindset is a no no.

7)Hike in fuel price from 87 to 145Naira

e.t.c

Now why Yorubas who have experienced same thing like i have love him so much simply because of Tinubu and Osibanjo is a mystery to me.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Are Our Yoruba Brothers Supporting This Evil – Ebikapade Amasuomo by buhariguy(m): 1:22pm On Aug 03, 2018
So you want they to support corrupt PDP.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Our Yoruba Brothers Supporting This Evil – Ebikapade Amasuomo by triblehaul1: 1:23pm On Aug 03, 2018
Idonmakeam:

Sourcelesss, abeg add source to your madness. Make I know if this is worth commenting on.

For now this is just the usual cry from Igbo / Ipob. I care less if they cry BLOOD.
In fact I go like make them cry BLOOD over this Buhari so they are aware they have no say in the scheme of things in this country.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Our Yoruba Brothers Supporting This Evil – Ebikapade Amasuomo by yabas(m): 1:36pm On Aug 03, 2018
A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Our Yoruba Brothers Supporting This Evil – Ebikapade Amasuomo by maestroferddi: 1:50pm On Aug 03, 2018
The Yorubas have an opportunity to correct the indiscretions of 2015.

The support for the abject misrule of Buhari will haunt the Yorubas for a very long time should they defy commonsense and vote Buhari in for a second tenure.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Our Yoruba Brothers Supporting This Evil – Ebikapade Amasuomo by resurgent2019: 1:51pm On Aug 03, 2018
I am Yoruba and I don’t support Buhari. But most Yorubas still support him though.

I think we should not castigate a whole tribe for their electoral choices. It is better to try and convince them with sound argument and logic. And igbos should please steer clear of trying to convince Yorubas about Buhari because we know how that would end. Leave the convincing to other Nigerians to do. Igbos and Yorubas cannot agree on issues of principle and politics.

I hope most Yorubas will come to a realization that Buhari is not good for a diverse country like Nigeria before next year’s elections.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Our Yoruba Brothers Supporting This Evil – Ebikapade Amasuomo by resurgent2019: 1:53pm On Aug 03, 2018
maestroferddi:
The Yorubas have an opportunity to correct the indiscretions of 2015.

The support for the abject misrule of Buhari will haunt the Yorubas for a very long time should they defy commonsense and vote Buhari in for a second tenure.

Nothing can haunt Yorubas in Nigeria. Stop talking with emotions.

Igbos should steer clear of Yorubas when it comes to politics. The more you insult us, the more annoyed the swing voters get to vote for Buhari.

The last man a Yoruba wants to take political advice from is an Igbo. I hope you adhere to my advice?

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Our Yoruba Brothers Supporting This Evil – Ebikapade Amasuomo by Idonmakeam: 1:57pm On Aug 03, 2018
triblehaul1:

Sourcelesss, abeg add source to your madness. Make I know if this is worth commenting on.

For now this is just the usual cry from Igbo / Ipob. I care less if they cry BLOOD.
In fact I go like make them cry BLOOD over this Buhari so they are aware they have no say in the scheme of things in this country.

https://whistletimes.com/2018/08/03/why-are-our-yoruba-brothers-supporting-this-evil-ebikapade-amasuomo/. No be me o

1 Like

Re: Why Are Our Yoruba Brothers Supporting This Evil – Ebikapade Amasuomo by maestroferddi: 1:59pm On Aug 03, 2018
resurgent2019:
n

Igbos should steer clear of Yorubas when it comes to politics. The more you insult us, the more annoyed the swing voters get to vote for Buhari.

The last man a Yoruba wants to take political advice from is an Igbo. I hope you adhere to my advice?
Your infantile conceit is reeking all over the place.

You cant take advice from Igbos so the best course of action for you is to continue being eternal vassals/subjects of the Hausa/Fulani hegemony?

You make me laugh...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Our Yoruba Brothers Supporting This Evil – Ebikapade Amasuomo by oyoirabor: 2:00pm On Aug 03, 2018
triblehaul1:

Rant of a weak tribe....I did"nt see Igbos made so much noise when they held positions in the last administration.

Just a little opportunity for your where ever you crawl out from........YOU ARE NOW THE SCHEMER GENERAL OF ALL THINGS IN THE COUNTRY....sign of weak people wink
Re: Why Are Our Yoruba Brothers Supporting This Evil – Ebikapade Amasuomo by meccuno: 2:09pm On Aug 03, 2018
Juliusmalema:
Yoruba the ball is on ur table....

afonja will always do what they know best to do...

from awolowo to banjo to adekunle to tinubu....

OP u try but the reptile must give birth to something long.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Are Our Yoruba Brothers Supporting This Evil – Ebikapade Amasuomo by bikat: 2:13pm On Aug 03, 2018
Nigerians are too weak and docile, Buhari is the worst thing to have happened to Nigeria and NO, I am not Igbo.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Our Yoruba Brothers Supporting This Evil – Ebikapade Amasuomo by gidgiddy: 2:27pm On Aug 03, 2018
Idonmakeam:
As

It therefore grieves my heart to note that nine out of every ten supporter of this regime in Southern Nigeria is a Yoruba man. A southwest friend once told me that he will support Buhari in 2019 because key appointments were being occupied by Yoruba people, he cited Babatunde Fashola as an example. Another friend said, “I am supporting Buhari because of Tinubu” but my question is, what about the greater good of the nation?

What nation? There is no nation. A nation is a group of people who have come together to forge a common existence out of mutual respect and compatibility. Nigeria is a country created by the British where incompatible people are forced to be together. Nobody believes in "greater good of the Nigerian nation", everyone is for themselves.

How can you keep your support for this evil simply because you believe that your ethnic group enjoys a cordial relationship with the president? An administration that refused to give you any important security position, a man who binned Tinubu immediately after the election, a man who is simply tolerating your ethnic group because of political calculations.

Yorubas put all their eggs in one basket with APC, they have no where else to go. So it will be interesting for us Igbos to watch Yorubas sink with APC in 2019.

As a Biafran supporter, it's a win win situation for me. If Buhari loses, the North will not take it lying down and heads will roll.

If Buhari wins, he will torture Nigeria for another 4 years which will convert more souls to the side of self determination, politicians don't work in their second term, Buhari's second tenure will be much worse than his first.

I'm going to be happy to watch Nigeria go down in flames in 2019 so that my people will finally be free of the British invented fraud called "Nigeria"

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Our Yoruba Brothers Supporting This Evil – Ebikapade Amasuomo by bikat: 2:36pm On Aug 03, 2018
gidgiddy:

If Buhari wins, he will torture Nigeria for another 4 years,

Buhari's second tenure will be much worse than his first.
Re: Why Are Our Yoruba Brothers Supporting This Evil – Ebikapade Amasuomo by mpianya39(m): 2:45pm On Aug 03, 2018
BAILMONEY:
BECAUSE THEIR BROTHER IS THE VICE PRESIDENT

True!! Eziokwu gba-aka, gba-oto mana obughi onye ara cool cool

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Our Yoruba Brothers Supporting This Evil – Ebikapade Amasuomo by mpianya39(m): 2:46pm On Aug 03, 2018
resurgent2019:

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Our Yoruba Brothers Supporting This Evil – Ebikapade Amasuomo by mpianya39(m): 2:51pm On Aug 03, 2018
resurgent2019:
I am Yoruba and I don’t support Buhari. But most Yorubas still support him though.

I think we should not castigate a whole tribe for their electoral choices. It is better to try and convince them with sound argument and logic. And igbos should please steer clear of trying to convince Yorubas about Buhari because we know how that would end. Leave the convincing to other Nigerians to do. Igbos and Yorubas cannot agree on issues of principle and politics.

I hope most Yorubas will come to a realization that Buhari is not good for a diverse country like Nigeria before next year’s elections.

Sounds wetin?? Abeg!! Make una no near Awka again with that una useless begging angry angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Our Yoruba Brothers Supporting This Evil – Ebikapade Amasuomo by Butterflyle0: 2:59pm On Aug 03, 2018
resurgent2019:

You are on your own.

Me and my teeming Yoruba force will vote buhari. Our reasons vary. We are not driven by sentiments.

We all agree that buhari is the best option available and wisdom drives us.

As for you, 2019 brand of tears awaits you.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Our Yoruba Brothers Supporting This Evil – Ebikapade Amasuomo by Strikethem: 2:59pm On Aug 03, 2018
resurgent2019:

Gbam

1 Like

Re: Why Are Our Yoruba Brothers Supporting This Evil – Ebikapade Amasuomo by resurgent2019: 3:00pm On Aug 03, 2018
maestroferddi:
Your infantile conceit is reeking all over the place.

You cant take advice from Igbos so the best course of action for you is to continue being eternal vassals/subjects of the Hausa/Fulani hegemony?

You make me laugh...

The method of your advice is the problem: You insult Yorubas too much.

You do not know how to reasonable and diplomatic.

You do not convince anybody by insulting them.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Our Yoruba Brothers Supporting This Evil – Ebikapade Amasuomo by resurgent2019: 3:00pm On Aug 03, 2018
Butterflyle0:

You are on your own.

Me and my teeming Yoruba force will vote buhari. Our reasons vary. We are not driven by sentiments.

We all agree that buhari is the best option available and wisdom drives us.

As for you, 2019 brand of tears awaits you.

Are you stalking me?
Re: Why Are Our Yoruba Brothers Supporting This Evil – Ebikapade Amasuomo by Bucky001(m): 3:02pm On Aug 03, 2018
Your asslicking born to be slaved brothers will soon come for you

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Our Yoruba Brothers Supporting This Evil – Ebikapade Amasuomo by Butterflyle0: 3:03pm On Aug 03, 2018
resurgent2019:

Are you stalking me?

Were you not stalking me formerly? Trying to let you know how that feels

1 Like

Re: Why Are Our Yoruba Brothers Supporting This Evil – Ebikapade Amasuomo by resurgent2019: 3:06pm On Aug 03, 2018
Butterflyle0:

Were you not stalking me formerly? Trying to let you know how that feels

I want you to know that i will reject the evil of Buhari even if i am offered inducement.

Why do you support evil?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Our Yoruba Brothers Supporting This Evil – Ebikapade Amasuomo by Butterflyle0: 3:11pm On Aug 03, 2018
resurgent2019:

I want you to know that i will reject the evil of Buhari even if i am offered inducement.

Why do you support evil?

Who has time to even offer you any inducement? Do you think we are like your people in that their polluted CUPP?

Just take a look at all the top people in PDP including the former PDP people who defected to APC and then back to PDP recently and then lie to yourself that they are Reverend father's and very holy.

You are actually the one in support of evil. A gang of CORRUPT UNRIVALLED POCKET PICKERS are those you stand with while I stand with BUHARI AND OSIBANJO the only due with their integrity intact and you say I am supporting evil.

Guy go and get yourself checked. You have stopped thinking straight

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC sharing Pants for Campaign / How Foreign Exchange Was Rigged To Keep Africa Poor / "This Is A Lawless Country"- Sowore Watch How Sowore Was Dragged Like A Criminal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.