Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,832 members, 7,806,335 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:59 PM

Erosion: Federal High Court, Awka Faces Imminent Collapse (photo) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Erosion: Federal High Court, Awka Faces Imminent Collapse (photo) (22537 Views)

God Bless This Man That Wants To Save Nigeria From Imminent Collapse / Discos Face Imminent Collapse, Wallow In Debt / Rockefeller Lockstep 2010 Article On Nigeria's Collapse. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Erosion: Federal High Court, Awka Faces Imminent Collapse (photo) by afroniger: 1:34pm On Aug 03, 2018
The Federal High Court, Awka is under serious gully erosion threat and at the verge of imminent collapse, newsmen report. Newsmen who visited the complex on Friday reports that parts of the property had already caved into the gaping gully.

Newsmen who visited the complex on Friday reports that parts of the property had already caved into the gaping gully.

Some of the parts that have been lost to erosion include the perimeter fence, generator house, the original site for electricity and tarred road leading to Judges’ Quarters.

Other are the Boys Quarters for servants and house helps in the Judges’ Quarters, the water supply borehole and the part of the entrance to the Court complex. Mrs Blessing Egbuche, a staff of the Federal High Court, told newsmen that they no longer felt safe working under the prevailing circumstance.

Egbuche said no part of the complex is safe now as each rainfall reduces the integrity of the buildings which already had visible cracks due to underground vibrations. She said electricity and water supplies were no longer available as they could no longer use the borehole and the transformer had been dismantled.

Egbuche said they had cried to the Anambra Government and the Nigeria Erosion Watershed Management Project (NEWMAP) and had not received any assistance after they had visited severally.

“We no longer feel safe and happy working here, the staff, the lawyers and judges can no longer use the convenience because there is no water, so that has resulted in the messing up of the whole place.

“There is no light in the complex, maybe there is electricity supply but our transformer has been disconnected because erosion was swallowing it up and we had to call EEDC to come and remove it.

“The borehole has collapsed, our 20,000 capacity water tank is there but we have emptied it to prevent it from going down into the gully soon,’’ she told newsmen full of lamentation.

“Now, the staff members tell you that they want to ease themselves outside the gate and leave from there, you cannot monitor them again.

“The building is at the risk of collapse, we are not safe here anymore, we need urgent assistance to prevent this disaster,’’ she said.

Also, Mrs May Esealuka, Deputy Chief Registrar in the Court, lamented the possible loss of the multi-million naira complex to gully erosion. Esealuka told newsmen that all efforts to get the Anambra Government and Ministry of Environment to intervene in the problem since it started were futile.

According to her, we have sent letters to Anambra Government in November last year and all the people and agencies that matter in Anambra, including NEWMAP came and saw things for themselves.

“What is happening here is sad, every moment my heart jumps that the worst will happen; there is no road to the Judges Quarters anymore. “For the past six months, we did not have light, no water supply, we have moved our generators to a safer side because the generator house has collapsed.

“Since this thing started, nothing has been done to save it, NEWMAP at a time said I should call people at the top for release of funds, but am I supposed to talk, if not the people on ground.

“We have been writing letters and making calls that some of them no longer pick my calls, we are begging whoever is in charge to save us, the media should help us to shout so that they can help us,’’ she said.

Newsmen report that it is not only the Federal High Court Complex that is at risk as the erosion is just few metres away from the Federal Secretariat still under construction. Some structures in the abandoned Three Arms Zone along Ekwueme Square have also been swalowed by the menace.

Responding to the situation, Mr Emeka Achebe, Head of Communications in NEWMAP, said the World Bank Technical Team have visited the site and appreciated the enormity of Danger. Achebe said a special intervention plan known as “Gully Rapid Action and Slope Stabilisation (GRASS), has been approved for the site.

According to him this will control damage and immediate threat to houses and other critical infrastructure, adding that remedial works will begin before the end of August. “GRASS has been approved by the World Bank for Ekwueme Square and activities will commence before end of month,’’ he said. NAN

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/08/erosion-federal-high-court-awka-faces-imminent-collapse/

1 Like

Re: Erosion: Federal High Court, Awka Faces Imminent Collapse (photo) by Betakeshi: 1:36pm On Aug 03, 2018
shocked
Re: Erosion: Federal High Court, Awka Faces Imminent Collapse (photo) by bedspread: 1:39pm On Aug 03, 2018
This is a CALAMITY IN WAITING!!

I pity the Judge that will be seated on the CALAMITY DAY

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Erosion: Federal High Court, Awka Faces Imminent Collapse (photo) by godfatherx: 1:40pm On Aug 03, 2018
Judiciary - toothless bulldog
Imagine if this is just state legislative quarters, they would have voted billions to put reinforced concrete there.

5 Likes

Re: Erosion: Federal High Court, Awka Faces Imminent Collapse (photo) by lionness(f): 1:41pm On Aug 03, 2018
Our prayers for Awka and it's natural challenges

3 Likes

Re: Erosion: Federal High Court, Awka Faces Imminent Collapse (photo) by resurgent2019: 1:41pm On Aug 03, 2018
I don’t want to say what comes to mind not to annoy our brothers from across the Niger. grin

But the Federal Government need to assist the Easterners in finding a solution to this erosion menace. It doesn’t look pretty at all.

23 Likes

Re: Erosion: Federal High Court, Awka Faces Imminent Collapse (photo) by Sunofgod(m): 1:43pm On Aug 03, 2018
Lol...

1 Like

Re: Erosion: Federal High Court, Awka Faces Imminent Collapse (photo) by Sunofgod(m): 1:44pm On Aug 03, 2018
Lol...Willie is wa.nking!

7 Likes

Re: Erosion: Federal High Court, Awka Faces Imminent Collapse (photo) by TundeBricklayer: 1:59pm On Aug 03, 2018
Sunofgod:
O
Re: Erosion: Federal High Court, Awka Faces Imminent Collapse (photo) by emmie14: 2:02pm On Aug 03, 2018
Because of injustice.

1 Like

Re: Erosion: Federal High Court, Awka Faces Imminent Collapse (photo) by CyynthiaKiss(f): 2:24pm On Aug 03, 2018
resurgent2019:
I don’t want to say what comes to mind not to annoy our brothers from across the Niger. grin

But the Federal Government need to assist the Easterners in finding a solution to this erosion menace. It doesn’t look pretty at all.

Yoruba Christian brethren, make a comment and move on to another thread.
There is no type of comment you will make that will annoy Igbos. They have faced the worst in the past and moved on even more ahead of those that are struggling to pull them down today.

Mr Jude, face your sworn enemies ... headslaaaammers.....They are phuccking you hard day by day ..
Islammists are taking over our land, its time to wake up. ..
We chrristian Yorubaas are in serious trouble in SW if we continue to sleep.
We have bigger issues bothering us here.....

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Erosion: Federal High Court, Awka Faces Imminent Collapse (photo) by TundeBricklayer: 2:24pm On Aug 03, 2018
Sunofgod:
Lol...
Federal high court not state.
Below is full pictures federal high court Awka

7 Likes

Re: Erosion: Federal High Court, Awka Faces Imminent Collapse (photo) by TundeBricklayer: 2:26pm On Aug 03, 2018
Sunofgod:
Below is Anambra state high court

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Erosion: Federal High Court, Awka Faces Imminent Collapse (photo) by TundeBricklayer: 2:38pm On Aug 03, 2018
Sunofgod:
Compare it with your dilapidated state high court in Ogun where they turned Court room to laundry room cheesy grin , I guess Amuson is working

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Erosion: Federal High Court, Awka Faces Imminent Collapse (photo) by Xander85: 2:41pm On Aug 03, 2018
resurgent2019:

There's a report on erosion threatening a court complex in Awka, and you find it funny to the extent of showing a grinning emoticon.

Care to tell us why you're happy about this story?

11 Likes

Re: Erosion: Federal High Court, Awka Faces Imminent Collapse (photo) by Strikethem: 2:45pm On Aug 03, 2018
[s]
CyynthiaKiss:

There is no type of comment you will make that will annoy Igbos. They have faced the worst in the past and moved on even more ahead of those that are struggling to pull them down today.

Mr Jude, face your sworn enemies ... headslaaaammers.....They are phuccking you hard day by day ..
[/s]

5 Likes

Re: Erosion: Federal High Court, Awka Faces Imminent Collapse (photo) by Strikethem: 2:46pm On Aug 03, 2018
TundeBricklayer:

Below is Anambra state high court
Keep deceiving yourself grin

5 Likes

Re: Erosion: Federal High Court, Awka Faces Imminent Collapse (photo) by CyynthiaKiss(f): 2:51pm On Aug 03, 2018
Strikethem:
[s][/s]
Number one
Spotted!! cheesy grin

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Erosion: Federal High Court, Awka Faces Imminent Collapse (photo) by resurgent2019: 3:13pm On Aug 03, 2018
Xander85:

There's a report on erosion threatening a court complex in Awka, and you find it funny to the extent of showing a grinning emoticon.

Care to tell us why you're happy about this story?

Stop this na. I sort for help from the FG on the erosion menace na...
Re: Erosion: Federal High Court, Awka Faces Imminent Collapse (photo) by Nobody: 5:07pm On Aug 03, 2018
The South East, as well as other areas in the country is plagued by gully erosion.

4 Likes

Re: Erosion: Federal High Court, Awka Faces Imminent Collapse (photo) by mysteryman2014: 5:08pm On Aug 03, 2018
What happened to all the ecological funds like the security votes, all siphoned. I pity Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: Erosion: Federal High Court, Awka Faces Imminent Collapse (photo) by greatman247(m): 5:08pm On Aug 03, 2018
I am sorry for that state and the governor they have. I know these are natural disaster, not blaming the governor for this. But I'm going to blame him for the state of roads I happen to witness when I visited the state.

Willie, expert in building substandard roads because of greed I guess. Perhaps he pockets large sum of the money and deliver fake roads to his people... Because most of the roads in his state are not standard enough if you ask me... But some fools believe Willie is working.
Re: Erosion: Federal High Court, Awka Faces Imminent Collapse (photo) by Yinxies(f): 5:11pm On Aug 03, 2018
It is well
Re: Erosion: Federal High Court, Awka Faces Imminent Collapse (photo) by TundeBricklayer: 5:13pm On Aug 03, 2018
OkaNaUbe:
The South East is plagued by gully erosion.
Same with Southwest and North

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Erosion: Federal High Court, Awka Faces Imminent Collapse (photo) by resurgent2019: 5:21pm On Aug 03, 2018
TundeBricklayer:

Same with Southwest and North

This your response is a classic case of "whataboutism". Another popular brand of the straw man tactics in response to an indicting evidence or argument.

3 Likes

Re: Erosion: Federal High Court, Awka Faces Imminent Collapse (photo) by Nobody: 5:24pm On Aug 03, 2018
TundeBricklayer:

Compare it with your dilapidated state high court in Ogun where they turned Court room to laundry room cheesy grin , I guess Amuson is working
aghhh! God of messishocked. Dem don turn court room to wash room.lots of strange things be happening under this buhari regime...chai!

11 Likes

Re: Erosion: Federal High Court, Awka Faces Imminent Collapse (photo) by Sirpaul(m): 5:31pm On Aug 03, 2018
y na you wicked small .... digging deep
TundeBricklayer:

9 Likes

Re: Erosion: Federal High Court, Awka Faces Imminent Collapse (photo) by mytime24(f): 5:34pm On Aug 03, 2018
d gouv shld act fast angry

1 Like

Re: Erosion: Federal High Court, Awka Faces Imminent Collapse (photo) by tokrizy: 5:35pm On Aug 03, 2018
bedspread:
This is a CALAMITY IN WAITING!!
I pity the Judge that will be seated on the CALAMITY DAY
hell straight
Re: Erosion: Federal High Court, Awka Faces Imminent Collapse (photo) by resurgent2019: 5:35pm On Aug 03, 2018
CyynthiaKiss:

See how you are disgracing your tribe? Continue...

7 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

2019: Five PDP Governors Seeking Deal With Buhari / Finance Bill: New Tax Regime To Take Effect From Jan 2 – FG / Nigeria Youth Investment Program Receives Over One Million Applications

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.