Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,878 members, 7,802,833 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:52 PM

PDP Debunks Report Of Atiku Exclusion From Presidential Race! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Debunks Report Of Atiku Exclusion From Presidential Race! (796 Views)

IPMAN Protests Exclusion From Fuel Distribution By NNPCL / Abdulmumin Jibrin Takes To ‘Babysitting' After Exclusion From House Committee / Candidates Protest Exclusion From Presidential Debate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Debunks Report Of Atiku Exclusion From Presidential Race! by tomakint: 3:08pm On Aug 03, 2018
PDP debunks report of Atiku exclusion from presidential race

By Solomon Fowowe |   03 August 2018   |   11:44 am 

National Chairman of PDP, Prince Uche Secondus (R), Atiku Abubakar and behind him Otunba Gbenga Daniel, DG, Atiku Presidential Campaign Organisation, at the declaration rally of Atiku for the 2019 presidential election, at Ribadu Square, Yola, Adamawa State, yesterday.

The People’s Democratic Party has said their presidential slot is open for all to contest.

The clarification came following media reports that the party had cleared Senate president Bukola Saraki, Sokoto State governor Aminu Tambuwal and Senator Rabiu Kwankwaso to contest for the post while Atiku Abubakar was excluded.

PDP spokesperson, Kola Ologbodiyan said in a tweet that everyone was free to contest for any position in the party.

This is a misleading story/tweet.

Everyone and anyone in our great party is FREE to CONTEST ANY POSITION he/she deems fit.

Thank you. https:///QjVg7C3Q0a

— Kola Ologbondiyan (@officialKolaO) August 3, 2018

Tambuwal and Saraki, recently defected from the ruling All Progressive Congress to PDP, have not formally stated their intentions to run for presidency. However, sources claim they have plans to contest for the post.

Advertisement

Advertisement

It is unclear if Saraki will contest for the post after he was appointed as the National Leader of the party by the PDP National Executive Council.

Meanwhile, Senator Kwankwaso, who also recently returned to the PDP, has begun his bid for the presidency under PDP. He unsuccessfully contested for the presidency primaries under APC in 2015.

Former Vice president, Atiku formally declared his intention to run for the 2019 presidential elections in March, months after he defected from APC.

Atiku said he wanted to run because the nation has been regressing since the APC government took over.

“We all know what we have gone through in this country in the last three years.

“I can tell you throughout the whole of today that where the PDP left us in the last three years whether in the education sector, in the health sector, or in the economy, we have been going down in every statistics.

“That is why I have offered myself to run for the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria in 2019,” he said.

Atiku openly celebrated the return of Saraki and Tambuwal to the party.

He contested for the PDP presidential primaries in 2011 but he lost to Goodluck Jonathan. He also lost in the primaries to Mohammadu Buhari in 2015 under APC.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/guardian.ng/news/pdp-debunks-report-of-atiku-exclusion-from-presidential-race/amp

Cc: Lalasticlala
Re: PDP Debunks Report Of Atiku Exclusion From Presidential Race! by Butterflyle0: 3:15pm On Aug 03, 2018
Long story yet not addressing the main issue. PDP playing dodge ball grin

3 Likes

Re: PDP Debunks Report Of Atiku Exclusion From Presidential Race! by tomakint: 3:17pm On Aug 03, 2018
Butterflyle0:
Long story yet not addressing the main issue. PDP playing dodge ball grin

I don't know your age but I noticed you are always unnecessarily naive wbenever the names Atiku and PDP pop up cheesy grin you better check your BP before things go wrong. I hope you can still read and comprehend? cheesy grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Debunks Report Of Atiku Exclusion From Presidential Race! by Butterflyle0: 3:20pm On Aug 03, 2018
tomakint:

I don't know your age but I noticed you are always unnecessarily naive wbenever the names Atiku and PDP pop up cheesy grin you better check your BP before things go wrong. I hope you can still read and comprehend? cheesy grin

I did read and fully comprehended it. Still long story without directly addressing the atiku controversy.

If I am.wrong then show me the clarification he gave for the so called rumour ?

Copy it and paste for me to read

Atiku declared in march, did the party give him their approval? If they did, show me.

If they could openly give saraki and co approval why not atiku?

4 Likes

Re: PDP Debunks Report Of Atiku Exclusion From Presidential Race! by KanwuliaExtra: 3:21pm On Aug 03, 2018
Exclusion on what basis? undecided
Re: PDP Debunks Report Of Atiku Exclusion From Presidential Race! by tuniski: 3:25pm On Aug 03, 2018
Butterflyle0:

I did read and fully comprehended it. Still long story without directly addressing the atiku controversy.

Atiku declared in march, did the party give him their approval? If they did, show me.

Too lame!

2 Likes

Re: PDP Debunks Report Of Atiku Exclusion From Presidential Race! by tomakint: 3:27pm On Aug 03, 2018
Butterflyle0:

So you don't know politics again PDP is rebranded and there are internal mechanism.that has been perfected already towards the national convention for presidential primaries. It is not going to be rubber stamping by any godfather or leadership of the party but how well each Presidential aspirant can work to woo his delegates to get the necessary votes. I hope you are clear now that the presidential contest is open to.all Atiku is a big fish already he doesn't need to be struggling with others. Is your APC that organized with your erratic "sai baba" you keep shouting up and down cheesy grin
Re: PDP Debunks Report Of Atiku Exclusion From Presidential Race! by Butterflyle0: 3:32pm On Aug 03, 2018
tomakint:

So you don't know politics again PDP is rebranded and there are internal mechanism.that has been perfected already towards the national convention for presidential primaries. It is not going to be rubber stamping by any godfather or leadership of the party but how well each Presidential aspirant can work to woo his delegates to get the necessary votes. I hope you are clear now that the presidential contest is open to.all Atiku is a big fish already he doesn't need to be struggling with others. Is your APC that organized with your erratic "sai baba" you keep shouting up and down cheesy grin

Lmao on the contrary PDP has just copied the method of APC. Or did you not get the memo?

PDP never had a national leader before until now
APC has always had one

The only thing they can never copy due to their greed and thirst for power is what Oshiomola said redarging no more delegates voting.

Trust me APC in the area of choice of candidate has been organised long before PDP woke up.

3 Likes

Re: PDP Debunks Report Of Atiku Exclusion From Presidential Race! by Ndonu101: 3:34pm On Aug 03, 2018
we need a PDP presidential primary debate to focus on the issues
Re: PDP Debunks Report Of Atiku Exclusion From Presidential Race! by Mystiquefia: 3:41pm On Aug 03, 2018
Butterflyle0:

Lmao on the contrary PDP has just copied the method of APC. Or did you not get the memo?

APC has always had one

The only thing they can never copy due to their greed and thirst for power is what Oshiomola said redarging no more delegates voting.

Trust me APC in the area of choice of candidate has been organised long before PDP woke up.

Thumbs

1 Like

Re: PDP Debunks Report Of Atiku Exclusion From Presidential Race! by Mystiquefia: 3:43pm On Aug 03, 2018
Butterflyle0:

APC has always had one

With this Ur plenty analysis, I hope you lots are ready for the impending and massive defection hurricane looming already??
tomakint:

Re: PDP Debunks Report Of Atiku Exclusion From Presidential Race! by BRASH: 3:50pm On Aug 03, 2018
What reason do they have to exclude him? I think pdp should try and ignor every negative rumoure emanating from the apc camp. Its a strategy to cause confusion since they are bereft of intelligent ideas to salvage the crisis rocking their sinking ship.
Re: PDP Debunks Report Of Atiku Exclusion From Presidential Race! by BRASH: 4:03pm On Aug 03, 2018
Ndonu101:
we need a PDP presidential primary debate to focus on the issues
And another one for all the candidates,lets see if buhari will run away from it as usual,saying its political. I know he lacks the intellectual capacity to stand a debate. Its only in nigeria a candidate will boycott a presidential debate and some morons still went ahead and vote him into power. I wonder if this can happen in civilsed climes.

(1) (Reply)

See The Crowd That Received Akpabio In Akwa Ibom As He Returned From Enugu(pics) / How El - Rufai Kicked Tinubu Out Of APC NEC Meeting / Breaking: Okpokwu Ogenyi Picks N22.5m Governorship Form On Monday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.