Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,385 members, 7,781,105 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:59 AM

Defectors Must Not Be Accorded Undue Advantage – Makarfi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Defectors Must Not Be Accorded Undue Advantage – Makarfi (22336 Views)

Ganduje Receives NNPP Defectors, Removes Their Kwakwansiya Signature Cap (VIDEO) / Jubilation As Saraki Meets Other Defectors At PDP Secretariat In Abuja. Photos / Apc Wanted To Stop Defectors But It Fail - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Defectors Must Not Be Accorded Undue Advantage – Makarfi by afroniger: 4:03pm On Aug 03, 2018
http://thenationonlineng.net/defectors-must-not-be-accorded-undue-advantage-makarfi/

By: James Azania, Lokoja

Former Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) caretaker chairman, Senator Ahmed Makarfi has cautioned the leadership of the party against giving undue advantage to returnee members and those defecting.

The former two-term governor of Kaduna State, while addressing the leadership of the Kogi State chapter of the party and other stakeholders Friday in Lokoja, said but for the steadfastness of committed members, PDP could have become history.

Offering himself for the presidential candidate of the party ahead of the 2019 general election, he recounted the difficult days of the party following after the 2015 poll, when the PDP lost power at the centre.

“Some people when you pinch them like this (touching his arm), they will run to another party. When the going was tough, I stayed on… but you accept them into your house and give them your guest room. Next, they take the Master Bedroom; next, they drive you out of your house. We must not allow this, nor give undue advantage to them, so that we do not alienate our people.

“Modu Sheriff was brought from another party; they said he had three jets; he had billions, but what did he do? He was taking the party down, but I, the ‘bush boy,’ with the support of others, I was able to make members close ranks, and today, we can all see”, he said.

He also delved on the vexed issue of restructuring, saying that only Nigerians can restructure the country, under a ‘trusted leadership’.

According to him: “We fought the battle together; the praise and credit I’m receiving, is to God and to all of us. To me, Kogi is home; when Alhaji Ibrahim Idris (Ibro) was governor, we use to come and spend weekends with him, Kogi remains a home to me.

“We have many problems confronting us in Nigeria; insecurity, lack of national consensus, hunger, poverty; our economy has gone down, but there are few people benefiting. Nigerians are in lack; they are not able to provide for their families, access good healthcare, and all sorts of deprivation. People are being witch-hunted.

“Some people talk of restructuring, but when they talk of restructuring, they talk of sharing money and resources. I tell you; we need institutional restructuring.

“Only Nigerians that can restructure Nigeria. People are asking for restructuring due to lack of belonging, lopsidedness in appointments, the feeling of being cheated, and so on. Who can restructure Nigeria, but Nigerians, with a leader that can be trusted. I offer that and much more.

“What I tell you is that now, if you’re in power, you’re right; if you’re in opposition, you’re wrong. We must get to a level in Nigeria, where if you’re a president, a governor, you can be charged for wrongdoing; not you being in power and witch-hunting every other person. That is turning Nigeria into a ‘Banana Republic’. We must therefore restructure our institutions.

“Gentlemen, a tree does not make a forest…they will come with bags of money. Collect, but do the right thing. There is no receipt”.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Defectors Must Not Be Accorded Undue Advantage – Makarfi by bender79: 4:06pm On Aug 03, 2018
It is gradually echoing.

78 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Defectors Must Not Be Accorded Undue Advantage – Makarfi by tsephanyah(f): 4:06pm On Aug 03, 2018
undecided

PMB sak

72 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Defectors Must Not Be Accorded Undue Advantage – Makarfi by BRASH: 4:08pm On Aug 03, 2018
How the pdp manages the influx of these defectors will determine how they stand during the elections. They shouldn't turn out to be infectors.

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Defectors Must Not Be Accorded Undue Advantage – Makarfi by Shukuakukobambi: 4:12pm On Aug 03, 2018
bender79:
It is gradually echoing.

cheesy cheesy abeg don't loud it too much. Don't cut short the only period of happiness of some since 2015 election

Hear Markafi "Some people when you pinch them like this (touching his arm), they will run to another party. When the going was tough, I stayed on… but you accept them into your house and give them your guest room. Next, they take the Master Bedroom; next, they drive you out of your house. We must not allow this, nor give undue advantage to them, so that we do not alienate our people.

Na this kind man Atiku or tambuwal go take ticket from and he go follow smile? I laugh in defection cheesy

137 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Defectors Must Not Be Accorded Undue Advantage – Makarfi by ipobarecriminals: 4:12pm On Aug 03, 2018
sad undecided Saraki and his co nomadic are wasting their time and money.PDP presidential ticket go elude him.Make we dey watch

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Defectors Must Not Be Accorded Undue Advantage – Makarfi by Jabioro: 4:13pm On Aug 03, 2018
He was right on point..how can you handled the party structure to Saraki the major defector,when the party ship was down where was he and his followers,those who stood behind elevated the party were the real partymen..All the defectors are political prodigalist..

64 Likes 1 Share

Re: Defectors Must Not Be Accorded Undue Advantage – Makarfi by bedspread: 4:14pm On Aug 03, 2018
Only one person will be Presidential Candidate..

All that is needed is a Free and Fair Primaries..
That's all

5 Likes

Re: Defectors Must Not Be Accorded Undue Advantage – Makarfi by abc115: 4:15pm On Aug 03, 2018
Gradually but surely, PDP will explode

78 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Defectors Must Not Be Accorded Undue Advantage – Makarfi by Butterflyle0: 4:17pm On Aug 03, 2018
Round one.....Fight. grin cheesy

Make I begin prepare my popcorn for sidelines

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Defectors Must Not Be Accorded Undue Advantage – Makarfi by Okoroawusa: 4:18pm On Aug 03, 2018
The power tussle that will happen in PDP towards 2019 no be here o!

46 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Defectors Must Not Be Accorded Undue Advantage – Makarfi by Butterflyle0: 4:19pm On Aug 03, 2018
Shukuakukobambi:

cheesy cheesy abeg don't loud it too much. Don't cut short the only period of happiness of some since 2015 election

Hear Markafi "Some people when you pinch them like this (touching his arm), they will run to another party. When the going was tough, I stayed on… but you accept them into your house and give them your guest room. Next, they take the Master Bedroom; next, they drive you out of your house. We must not allow this, nor give undue advantage to them, so that we do not alienate our people.

Na this kind man Atiku or tambuwal go take ticket from and he go follow smile? I laugh in defection cheesy

That was a subtle jab at saraki and atiku grin

64 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Defectors Must Not Be Accorded Undue Advantage – Makarfi by Okoroawusa: 4:21pm On Aug 03, 2018
bedspread:
Only one person will be Presidential Candidate..

All that is needed is a Free and Fair Primaries..
That's all
free and fair primaries in PDP?

hahahahhahaha(holds belly)

hahahahhahaha!(falls on the floor)

hahahahahahahahaha!(still laughing)

71 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Defectors Must Not Be Accorded Undue Advantage – Makarfi by Butterflyle0: 4:22pm On Aug 03, 2018
Hear Markafi

Gentlemen, a tree does not make a forest…they will come with bags of money. Collect, but do the right thing. There is no receipt

Money is already changing hands among the looters. They have started buying loyalties grin cheesy

This fight will be legendary grin

52 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Defectors Must Not Be Accorded Undue Advantage – Makarfi by Shukuakukobambi: 4:23pm On Aug 03, 2018
Butterflyle0:

That was a subtle jab at saraki and atiku grin

Of course and tambuwal too. How does anybody want Markafi to feel? cheesy

It's the same reason why oyedepo refused in kwara and left PDP for Saraki. I think PDP might be able to manage it but e no go easy cheesy

30 Likes

Re: Defectors Must Not Be Accorded Undue Advantage – Makarfi by bedspread: 4:23pm On Aug 03, 2018
Okoroawusa:

free and fair primaries in PDP?

hahahahhahaha(holds belly)

hahahahhahaha!(falls on the floor)

hahahahahahahahaha!(still laughing)
Of Course!! THEY HAVE LEARNT HOW NOT TO DO FROM APC
Re: Defectors Must Not Be Accorded Undue Advantage – Makarfi by KanwuliaExtra: 4:25pm On Aug 03, 2018
Una get choice?
Dem go soon “defect” again ke! grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Defectors Must Not Be Accorded Undue Advantage – Makarfi by Butterflyle0: 4:27pm On Aug 03, 2018
Shukuakukobambi:

Of course and tambuwal too. How does anybody want Markafi to feel? cheesy

It's the same reason why oyedepo refused in kwara and left PDP for Saraki. I think PDP might be able to manage it but e no go easy cheesy

My brother the national leader of PDP now is saraki the very one markafi is already delivering subtle jabs to. grin

What I see that will happen is that several will say they would rather scatter everything if it does not go to so and so.

Or many would move out along with their followers just to show saraki how weak he is and how important they are.

Its about to get real. They had a welcome dinner the other day now its time for them to power tussle. cheesy

That dinner was obviously done so they would have enough strength for this war that's about to go down within them .

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Defectors Must Not Be Accorded Undue Advantage – Makarfi by Positivepoint(m): 4:35pm On Aug 03, 2018
afroniger:
http://thenationonlineng.net/defectors-must-not-be-accorded-undue-advantage-makarfi/

Mynd44,
Lalasticlala

Modu Sheriff was brought from another party; they said he had three jets; he had billions, but what did he do? He was taking the party down, but I, the ‘bush boy,’ with the support of others, I was able to make members close ranks, and today, we can all see”, he said

Not surprised, its always about money to PDP...Shame. We nigerian masses ve decided that any person or people that will put their interest ahead of nigeria must be resisted by all means.

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Defectors Must Not Be Accorded Undue Advantage – Makarfi by BruncleZuma: 4:37pm On Aug 03, 2018
grin grin grin grin

[img]https://media1./images/1659e45d6ff75572f1c314c34ae78384/tenor.gif[/img]

Just here to see the ejaculatorial reflex actions of a group of "selfless" self servicers...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Defectors Must Not Be Accorded Undue Advantage – Makarfi by maestroferddi: 4:38pm On Aug 03, 2018
Let the most popular candidates win.
Re: Defectors Must Not Be Accorded Undue Advantage – Makarfi by maximunimpact(m): 4:38pm On Aug 03, 2018
here we goooo

1 Like

Re: Defectors Must Not Be Accorded Undue Advantage – Makarfi by SEONaijaExpert: 4:38pm On Aug 03, 2018
The problem has started grin

When Saraki all of a sudden became PDP national chairman, you should know the house is about cracking.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Defectors Must Not Be Accorded Undue Advantage – Makarfi by Reelmii: 4:40pm On Aug 03, 2018
with all this pple moving to pdp I hope there won't be issues in future

1 Like

Re: Defectors Must Not Be Accorded Undue Advantage – Makarfi by SarakiBukola: 4:40pm On Aug 03, 2018
Last last na defect una go defect. You never see anything.

I pray APC doesn't accept any defectors to ensure a semblance of sanity in the system.

But APC being generally a weak party would embrace them all with open arms

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Defectors Must Not Be Accorded Undue Advantage – Makarfi by Kaydeexotic(m): 4:41pm On Aug 03, 2018
Fun won ni jabbing.....legbegbe grin grin grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Defectors Must Not Be Accorded Undue Advantage – Makarfi by Ingocof(m): 4:42pm On Aug 03, 2018
one of the very few sensibles left in PDP, where was saraki, Tambuwal and some political prostitutes when markarfi and some other loyal party members fought with everything in their capacity to reclaim the party from the claw of Ali modu sheriff?

Now Bukoa saraki is the national leader of the party less than a week of his defection, what type of party is that?

37 Likes

Re: Defectors Must Not Be Accorded Undue Advantage – Makarfi by Nobody: 4:42pm On Aug 03, 2018
Tonyebarcanista, come and carry your Oga.

BTW, his ambition is DOA.

10 Likes

Re: Defectors Must Not Be Accorded Undue Advantage – Makarfi by maestroferddi: 4:43pm On Aug 03, 2018
Shukuakukobambi:

Keep quiet.

PDP are known for transparent primaries.

I am sure the other candidates will support whoever emerges to dislodge the deadwood at Aso Rock.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Defectors Must Not Be Accorded Undue Advantage – Makarfi by maestroferddi: 4:43pm On Aug 03, 2018
Ingocof:
one of the very few sensibles left in PDP, where was saraki, Tambuwal and some political prostitutes when markarfi and some other loyal party members fought with everything in their capacity to reclaim the party from the claw of Ali modu sheriff?

Now Bukoa saraki is the national leader of the party less than a week of his defection, what type of party is that?
The last time I checked, you dont support the PDP so what is exactly your concern/grouse.

The problem we have in Nigeria is the case of too many chiefs but few Indians...Everybody claims some kind of funny/devious expertise on politics even when it is vivid that they got no clue on what they are talking about.

There is such thing as expediency in politics. Saraki is the Senate President and I assume you know what that means. PDP need a rallying point in government so as to confront the tyrannical forces of APC. It is inconceivable to built something worthwhile on nothing.

The decision to appoint Saraki as a figurehead national leader of PDP was a masterstroke...You might not understand the dynamics since you are neither a politician nor have any working/functional knowledge on the workings of party politics.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Defectors Must Not Be Accorded Undue Advantage – Makarfi by ozaovehe(m): 4:44pm On Aug 03, 2018
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Saraki, Ekweremadu’s Impeachment: Oshiomhole Dangles Automatic Ticket- Independe / Control Of Federal Land: Lagos Defeats FG In Supreme Court / EKSU Cult Killings: Fayose Places N1m Bounty On Culprits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.