Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,131 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:33 AM

Five Mistakes That Can Wreck A Healthy Diet - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Five Mistakes That Can Wreck A Healthy Diet (12985 Views)

Rising Cost Of Healthy Diet Accross Nigeria; Oct - Dec 2023 / How To Stick To A Healthy Diet For A Long Time? / 7 Easy Ways To Get Yourself A Healthy Digestive System (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Five Mistakes That Can Wreck A Healthy Diet by Opinionated: 4:32pm On Aug 03, 2018
Working hard usually pays, but it may not necessarily be the case in the quest to attain the ideal body weight. There are lots of contributing factors like age, exercise routine and proper diet that can affect a weight loss plan. However, it could simply be because of some unknown nutrition traps that had a hand in wrecking your plan to attain a healthy diet. Jumia Food, Nigeria’s no 1 food ordering platform, discuss some of these traps of mistakes.

Buying on impulse

Going to the supermarket without having a shopping list handy is treading on dangerous grounds. Chances are that there will be lots of unneeded items in the shopping cart based on the store’s special promotions, usually from the snack and junk food.

Eating at night

Eating at night can lead to trouble. For example, maintaining a habit of eating while you watch TV can lead to overeating. Saving up your daytime calories for a nighttime meal is also unhealthy. You need calories during the day when you’re expending energy. And if you’re not eating enough in the day, you may be so hungry at night that you overeat.

Depriving yourself of your favourite foods

The more you tell yourself not to eat something, the more you desire it. Obsession can set in, and all of the sudden you’ve downed an entire cup of ice cream. Healthy eating isn’t about deprivation or drastically changing every aspect of your lifestyle. It’s about learning how to enjoy what you love in a healthy way.

Not keeping track of your food intake

Research shows that people who track their food intake if they’re trying to lose weight or monitor sodium in their diet, are more successful. It makes you aware on a regular basis of what you’re putting in your mouth and how much you’re eating. Also, tracking your food provides you with an overall picture so you can figure out what’s working and what isn’t.

Keeping unhealthy foods within reach

It’s more challenging to avoid unhealthy foods if you stock them in your refrigerator, even if they are intended only for a special occasion. The best thing to do is surround yourself with healthy food. That’s what you’ll eat when you find yourself looking for a snack. But if you buy a half gallon of ice cream, eventually it will go into your stomach.

Source: Five Mistakes That Can Wreck a Healthy Diet

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Mistakes That Can Wreck A Healthy Diet by queenbetsy(f): 7:33pm On Aug 03, 2018
As long as I live in Lagos, that number 2 ehn... grin grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Five Mistakes That Can Wreck A Healthy Diet by Oyetboy(m): 7:33pm On Aug 03, 2018
Na wetin man see, man go chop undecided

4 Likes

Re: Five Mistakes That Can Wreck A Healthy Diet by letsgetgoing: 7:33pm On Aug 03, 2018
Nice post.Thanks for this.God bless real good.
Re: Five Mistakes That Can Wreck A Healthy Diet by princebabados: 7:34pm On Aug 03, 2018
grin grin :Dfor the very first time... FTC.......
Re: Five Mistakes That Can Wreck A Healthy Diet by IronTete(m): 7:35pm On Aug 03, 2018
aw
Re: Five Mistakes That Can Wreck A Healthy Diet by BUHARILONGNECK: 7:35pm On Aug 03, 2018
Buying contaminate food from Ipob can destroy your health.do will do anything to make money
Re: Five Mistakes That Can Wreck A Healthy Diet by Nobody: 7:35pm On Aug 03, 2018
Oyetboy:
Na wetin man see, man go chop undecided

Abi na

1 Like

Re: Five Mistakes That Can Wreck A Healthy Diet by queenbetsy(f): 7:36pm On Aug 03, 2018
princebabados:
grin grin :Dfor the very first time... FTC.......
dreamer of the year tongue
Re: Five Mistakes That Can Wreck A Healthy Diet by Inioluwa01(m): 7:37pm On Aug 03, 2018
One of the most awful things about life is having no hope of the next meal. When you eat, say a prayer for people around the world who do not have to eat.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Mistakes That Can Wreck A Healthy Diet by Katier00(f): 7:38pm On Aug 03, 2018
Be self disciplined.
Re: Five Mistakes That Can Wreck A Healthy Diet by KhaleesiAdaz(f): 8:10pm On Aug 03, 2018
Number 1 should be money
Most people eat what they can afford not what their body needs therefore tending to consume more of carbohydrates

2 Likes

Re: Five Mistakes That Can Wreck A Healthy Diet by stano2(m): 8:13pm On Aug 03, 2018
Thank God for our daily bread
Re: Five Mistakes That Can Wreck A Healthy Diet by Ivimilly: 8:43pm On Aug 03, 2018
stano2:
This weekend sef i don't have what to eat.
This post is not for me, soaking garri oo on my mind.
Later i eat healthy when I see money

Ehya sad Send me your account details.

2 Likes

Re: Five Mistakes That Can Wreck A Healthy Diet by FisifunKododada: 8:46pm On Aug 03, 2018
Opinionated:

Eating at night
Eating at night can lead to trouble. For example, maintaining a habit of eating while you watch TV can lead to overeating. Saving up your daytime calories for a nighttime meal is also unhealthy. You need calories during the day when you’re expending energy. And if you’re not eating enough in the day, you may be so hungry at night that you overeat.

This one is a myth. Although the hunger juices are more active later in the evening as long as you are used to eating at night - you will not overeat unless you want to. You can train your body to burn fat during the day which will make eating during the day unnecessary. It all boils down to how much you are eating versus how much you are burning. If you eat far more than you burn, you will accumulate fat.
Re: Five Mistakes That Can Wreck A Healthy Diet by stano2(m): 8:47pm On Aug 03, 2018
Ivimilly:

undecided undecided
Re: Five Mistakes That Can Wreck A Healthy Diet by queenbetsy(f): 8:58pm On Aug 03, 2018
Ivimilly:

haaaaaa! shocked
Re: Five Mistakes That Can Wreck A Healthy Diet by Nobody: 9:25pm On Aug 03, 2018
Selling Diet pack wouldn't be bad idea.
Re: Five Mistakes That Can Wreck A Healthy Diet by Chigirl042(f): 9:44pm On Aug 03, 2018
Ivimilly:

wow such a kindhearted fellow

5 Likes

Re: Five Mistakes That Can Wreck A Healthy Diet by phemmyfour: 10:01pm On Aug 03, 2018
queenbetsy:
As long as I live in Lagos, that number 2 ehn... grin grin grin grin grin
fati bom bom

1 Like

Re: Five Mistakes That Can Wreck A Healthy Diet by prela(f): 10:12pm On Aug 03, 2018
Hmmmm...... Garri and milk will not let me rest
Re: Five Mistakes That Can Wreck A Healthy Diet by boomssey(f): 12:33am On Aug 04, 2018
stano2:

3060281174 first bank.. Thank you very much
lucky u!
Re: Five Mistakes That Can Wreck A Healthy Diet by Nobody: 3:05am On Aug 04, 2018
NOTED
Re: Five Mistakes That Can Wreck A Healthy Diet by stano2(m): 9:01am On Aug 04, 2018
boomssey:
lucky u!
Hmmmm... That doesn't mean I got something.. Actually nothing came.
Le me go and delete acct number
Re: Five Mistakes That Can Wreck A Healthy Diet by loverboys: 10:08am On Aug 04, 2018
grin grin grin
Re: Five Mistakes That Can Wreck A Healthy Diet by olowobaba10: 1:29pm On Aug 04, 2018
NA PERSON WEY GET MONEY DE CHOSE FOOD, IF YOU DEY BROKE , NA SOMETHING TO FILL YOUR STOMACH YOU GO DE LOOK FOR UNLESS REAL HUNGER NEVER WIRE YOU.

(1) (Reply)

Cure To Mastibation (solutions) / Coronavirus: NCDC Accredits Two Testing Labs In Ogun And Lagos / NMA Bars Doctors From Treating Commissioners, Political Appointees In Kogi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.