Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,431 members, 7,800,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:42 AM

How Google Has Managed To Maintain Its Dominance On The Internet Space - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Google Has Managed To Maintain Its Dominance On The Internet Space (9074 Views)

Services And Applications Google Has Shutdown In 2019 / How Google Plans On Replacing Android With Fuschia OS / Google Has Been Recording You. Here's How To Delete The Files (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Google Has Managed To Maintain Its Dominance On The Internet Space by TechZiga: 4:35pm On Aug 03, 2018
With over $120.9 billion worth, Google today has cemented its dominance in the search engine business. The company is not only a dominant force in the search engine world, but also a major player in the tech industry. Although Founded on 4 September 1998, the company actually began in January 1996 as just a research project by Larry Page and Sergey Brin. Today the company is worth billions of dollars in revenue.

Have you ever wondered how a small company like Google became is rich and powerful, today I will like to share some few secrets. Before the coming of Google, they were the likes of IBM, Microsoft, and Yahoo. While IBM was solely focused on computer production, Microsoft on computer software, Yahoo was dominating the search engine business. Now the Question is, what happen to Yahoo, How did Google become the search engines dominant force with Yahoo in the game.

The truth is and according to Nigerians, they were so many factors involved. While this may be so, one dominate factor why Yahoo lost Google was the use sense. While Yahoo was using NetApp’s purpose-built storage appliances for almost all its File System, Google was building its own software-defined infrastructure. Before Google were able to complete its project, Yahoo was already at the top. The success of Yahoo was also their downfall as the cost and time of running and re-engineering NetApp platform became a problem. For every new service added by Yahoo, it needed to re-engineer the NetApp platform for that specific use case.

Now back to how Google has managed to maintain its dominance, the simple answer is Service For Free. Yes, you heard me right. Google dominance in the internet world is large due to the company offer a lot of service for free, in return for advertising. Wondering what services Google offer for free, check out your Gmail, Blogger, YouTube, Chrome browser and Android platform. All this service, are offered free of charge in exchange for advert placement.

Google makes billions of dollars on the internet by simply running ads on all of its free platform. Why you use the free platform, you get to see the ads and advertisers pays for you viewing the ads. Nice trick abi, yes it is. Now let me explain further, just in case you do not understand. Android is an open source platform, for ever smartphone that runs on Android, It comes with chrome as the default browser. The Chrome browser features Google search as its default search engine, so when you make any search, ads are displayed among the search and advertisers pays for this. This also applies to YouTube search, Gmail and Blogger. For Blogger, you have the option to run Adsense ad own by Google when you setup a free blogger account.

Google has been able to maintain dominance over the years and its not planning to relinquish that title anytime soon.

Source: https://www.techchairman.com/2018/08/how-google-has-managed-to-maintain-its.html

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Google Has Managed To Maintain Its Dominance On The Internet Space by Nobody: 9:32pm On Aug 03, 2018
Nice article; I'm inspired.

9 Likes

Re: How Google Has Managed To Maintain Its Dominance On The Internet Space by seunfly: 1:46am On Aug 04, 2018
Great article.

2 Likes

Re: How Google Has Managed To Maintain Its Dominance On The Internet Space by TechZiga: 6:49am On Aug 04, 2018
Thanks, I'm glad you liked it
androidroot:
Nice article; I'm inspired.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Google Has Managed To Maintain Its Dominance On The Internet Space by DarkMagic(m): 7:04am On Aug 04, 2018
Google is one site that can never shut down
The traffic per day alone ehn

1 Like

Re: How Google Has Managed To Maintain Its Dominance On The Internet Space by Emekus92(m): 7:06am On Aug 04, 2018
Great article..

but I didn't read it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Google Has Managed To Maintain Its Dominance On The Internet Space by seunfly: 7:06am On Aug 04, 2018
DarkMagic:
Google is one site that can never shut down
The traffic per day alone ehn

Nothing is too big to fail in this world.

Empires rise and fall, that is the cyclic tenor of history. There is a famous Chinese expression that says, "30 years to the East and 30 years to the West" meaning nothing is forever. "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die"....The Byrds sang in Turn, Turn, Turn--Pete Seeger's song.

I have seen the fall of the Soviet Union, the end of Apartheid, the fantastic growth in world wealth, the doubling, halving, doubling and halving of oil prices, the advance of elections everywhere, a clown become president of the US and the rise of China and I’m only a little old.

The biggest bank has been swallowed by the smallest, where is IBM today, Sega and Nintendo are nowhere to be seen again, Toshiba, Sunny, Sanyo, kenwood are dead and buried, AGFA was the king of photograph 30 years ago, common tecno is better than it today.

I repeat, nothing last forever, everything in life is a circle.
Yoruba proverb says "10 kings, 10 kingdom and 10 generations" " 10 kids can't play together for 10 years" it simply means something can't rule for ever, only God can, everything has it own time but God is time.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Google Has Managed To Maintain Its Dominance On The Internet Space by Yungwizzzy28(m): 7:07am On Aug 04, 2018
Google owns the internet but Mark Zuckerberg has been giving them tough time recently

2 Likes

Re: How Google Has Managed To Maintain Its Dominance On The Internet Space by CHAIRMAN1(m): 7:09am On Aug 04, 2018
That’s for the insight!
Re: How Google Has Managed To Maintain Its Dominance On The Internet Space by Shollay20(m): 7:09am On Aug 04, 2018
best daily visited website gooooooogle
Re: How Google Has Managed To Maintain Its Dominance On The Internet Space by JohnieWalker12(m): 7:11am On Aug 04, 2018
It's the same strategy seun is using to dominate the internet in Nigeria grin

5 Likes

Re: How Google Has Managed To Maintain Its Dominance On The Internet Space by bluefilm: 7:13am On Aug 04, 2018
No wonder they were able to give us free wifi.

Something our own dear federal government cannot even dream of.

Truly, G is for Google. grin

1 Like

Re: How Google Has Managed To Maintain Its Dominance On The Internet Space by madridguy(m): 7:13am On Aug 04, 2018
Informative thread.
Re: How Google Has Managed To Maintain Its Dominance On The Internet Space by IamAlexander: 7:21am On Aug 04, 2018
Google is Bae... grin
Re: How Google Has Managed To Maintain Its Dominance On The Internet Space by pol23: 7:28am On Aug 04, 2018
Google.com
Still wondering how FB is richer than google,
Google is the most visited web on earth.
YouTube is second... also owned by Google.
FB is third....
Google owns Andriod..the world most used mobile OS.
They also owns GMail...the word most use Email.... among others.

7 Likes

Re: How Google Has Managed To Maintain Its Dominance On The Internet Space by adeoba2008(m): 7:30am On Aug 04, 2018
Google is the reason why many of us including Seun are having sleepless night.

Nice write up bro.
Re: How Google Has Managed To Maintain Its Dominance On The Internet Space by Jethrolite(m): 7:30am On Aug 04, 2018
Google is managing to maintain dominance. A full blown monopoly is managing to maintain dominance.

Hungry blogger, go and eat, you will soon faint.

1 Like

Re: How Google Has Managed To Maintain Its Dominance On The Internet Space by TroubleMaker47(m): 7:30am On Aug 04, 2018
Infotech is the real blood money!
In just 20 yrs they have exceeded $100b.
Meanwhile brick n motar industries still struggle to make $20b in 40 yrs!
Re: How Google Has Managed To Maintain Its Dominance On The Internet Space by johnmattew: 7:31am On Aug 04, 2018
the first sentence is wrong
Re: How Google Has Managed To Maintain Its Dominance On The Internet Space by Mightyraw(m): 7:31am On Aug 04, 2018
Greek gift
Re: How Google Has Managed To Maintain Its Dominance On The Internet Space by Jabioro: 7:32am On Aug 04, 2018
I lost all my yahoo mails account due to incosistent yahoo upgrading..uptill tomorow l can't access it.

2 Likes

Re: How Google Has Managed To Maintain Its Dominance On The Internet Space by johnmattew: 7:32am On Aug 04, 2018
TroubleMaker47:
Google is worth over $ 800billion
Re: How Google Has Managed To Maintain Its Dominance On The Internet Space by Teaser4(m): 7:33am On Aug 04, 2018
Google replaces IFA... saving my ass since I can remember. thanks Buddie
Re: How Google Has Managed To Maintain Its Dominance On The Internet Space by johnmattew: 7:34am On Aug 04, 2018
bluefilm:
No wonder they were able to give us free wifi.

Something our own dear federal government cannot even dream of.

Truly, G is for Google. grin
how many countries of the world do u see govt giving free WiFi?..... Google's free WiFi is a Greek gift....most western nations won't even allow that from Google

1 Like

Re: How Google Has Managed To Maintain Its Dominance On The Internet Space by Doerstech(m): 7:37am On Aug 04, 2018
Hmmmmmm
Re: How Google Has Managed To Maintain Its Dominance On The Internet Space by johnmattew: 7:41am On Aug 04, 2018
this article is so superficial.....no deep research and the writer knowledge of Google is so elementary

10 Likes

Re: How Google Has Managed To Maintain Its Dominance On The Internet Space by holuphisayor(m): 7:42am On Aug 04, 2018
most of its products were hit back to back(YouTube,gmail,android)
Re: How Google Has Managed To Maintain Its Dominance On The Internet Space by okwabayi(m): 7:43am On Aug 04, 2018
TroubleMaker47:
It's the global nature of the business. A physical presence needs constant travel to have the same reach.
My teachers since 2011 have preached continuously that the Internet is the way forward. Imagine you being an author, for naija here na only you, your family members and a friend or two go read your books. Posting your works online will guarantee you at least 100 readers.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Many Sim Cards Have You Used? / Powerfull Beastly Android Phones U Will Never Regret Buying @ Moderate Prices / Can I Use Verizon Iphone And Verizon Motorola In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.