Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:00 AM

2019: Who Will Be The PDP Presidential And Vice Presidential Candidates? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: Who Will Be The PDP Presidential And Vice Presidential Candidates? (75002 Views)

INEC Official Results For 2019 Presidential And National Assembly Elections / Presidential And Senatorial Results From Imo State / 2019:who Do We Vote For? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2019: Who Will Be The PDP Presidential And Vice Presidential Candidates? by Lovetoglory(m): 7:36am On Aug 04, 2018
These cannot stand PMB in 2019. all dead on arrival. 2019 will be shocking to all these thieves. Sai Baba. I see commotion soon after their yeye convention hahahahahaha

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Who Will Be The PDP Presidential And Vice Presidential Candidates? by Lovetoglory(m): 7:39am On Aug 04, 2018
DonFreshmoney:
Next month PDP will be having their presidential primaries to decide who will fly their ticket in the 2019 general elections. Previous week saw high profile defection of top politicians from the APC to the PDP; Three (3) Governors, senators and the senate president decamped. Although, yesterday NEC meeting by the PDP cleared the likes of Musa Kwankwanso (Kano), Bukola Saraki (Kwara) and Aminu Tambuwal (Sokoto) to contest for the presidential primaries. Let's look at the probable candidates for the positions.

PDP Presidential :

Sule Lamido: If loyalty to a party is to be a factor in picking the party ticket for the general elections, then look no further than the Godfather of Jigawa politics. He is among the G34 founding member of PDP in 1998. He is a protege of Aminu kano. He does not believe in Ahmadu bello kind of politics that we see in the north now. He is the first candidate to declare his intention to run for PDP ticket far back in 2016 during his EFCC court trials. He is popular in some states in the North such as Jigawa, Kano, Gombe, Bauchi, Sokoto. He is relatively unknown in north central and southern party t of the country.

Musa Kwankwaso: The Current senator, and former Governor is arguably the second strongest man in Northern politics just behind Buhari. His political clout and movement kwankwansiyya is a force In almost all the Northern states in Nigeria, he surprisingly came second during the APC presidential primary only behind the winner BUHARI. He is also a popular figure to the masses. But this large followership in the north does not transcend to the southern part. As many southeners see him as an ethnic bigot and religious fanatic like Buhari. This may not fetch him the required votes to defeat the incumbent.

Atiku Abubakar: The former vice president of Nigeria for 8 years (1999-2007) is a regular contestant for presidential elections since 2007 where he contested in the defunct ACN and came a distant third with about 3 million votes. He also contested for the PDP primaries with GeJ and lost in 2011, and then contested with Buhari in 2015 for the APC and came third behind Kwankwanso. He has the political structural and National Appeal to me win. His restructuring mantra resonates in the southern region. But his problem might be his inability to pull in the required 25% votes in the Northern part of the country as majority of the citizens see him as an elite and corrupt. His major support is from the Governor of Ekito state, Ayo fayose.

Aminu Makarfi: He is a former commissioner, senator and Governor of Kaduna state. He is also the founder of a popular political and civil group: the centre for peace, and conflict resolution. He was the former chairman of PDP caretaker committee during the crisis regarding the sheriff faction, and he brought peace and tranquillity to th opposition party. The question is does he have the delegates to win the primaries? Apart from states such as Kaduna, Kogi, plateau and Niger. He might find it hard to garner votes from the remaining northern states, plus he has little or no followership in the southern part of the country to help his presidential ambition.

Ibrahim Dankwambo: A professional accountant and the youngest presidential candidate running for PDP. If youth was to be a factor in getting the ticket, then look no further than Dakwambo. He has the backing of few PDP governors such as Okowa of Delta, Seriake Dickson of Bayelsa and Ayo Fayose of Ekiti state. But he is not a popular politician in the North, infact apart from his home state Gombe, It will be an herculean task getting votes in the middle belt and other core northern states. His governor friends and youths in NIGERIA can garner him necessary votes in the southern part. He is the only aspirant that doesn't have a corruption case on his neck. This can be a factor during campaigns for election.

Saminu Turaki: in terms of political experience, this Kebbi born politician can be said to be the least qualified. He is famously known as the former minister of special duties during GEJ regime. I don't think he stands a chance during the PDP primaries as he is relatively unknown and don't have the political network and support for his ambition. He is thought to be the candidate of Goodluck Jonathan.

Bukola Saraki: The 3rd powerful man in the country, the unofficial governor of Kwara state and the current senate president needs no introduction to the political landscape of the country. His political network, national appeal and grassroot support especially in the middle belt region is a factor in the race for the ticket. Although, he may find it hard to gain the votes of the core northern people who doesn't see him as one of them (yoruba name) and also his attack on the president/APC can count against him in the core north. As the senate president, and former governor. He certainly has lot of help from his former governor colleague and senators representing different constituency in Nigeria regarding the ticket. He is arguably the most popular politician in the opposition party, and was recently awarded the National leader of the party.

Aminu Tambuwal: The former speaker of the house of reps, and current Governor of Sokoto state is a political collosus in his own right. It is known that the sultan of Sokoto, Emir of Kano and the governor of Rivers state is tacitly supporting his ambition. He is the second youngest aspirant and is relatively popular in the northern region. He was famously touted as the presidential candidates of the APC before the emergence of buhari at the last minute. He is loved by the southern region as they do not regard him as an ethnic bigot.

Vice presidential:

Ayo Fayose: The outgoing governor is a force to reckon with in PDP, he is currently the chairman of PDP governor forum, he is regarded as the second in command after Nyesom Wike. His candidate got the National publicity secretary of the party during their recent National convention. Last year he offered himself to contest for the presidential ticket of the PDP. But many see that as a strategy to be picked for vice presidential slot. He was also thought to be the arrowhead of the National chairmanship position not going to JIMI Agbaje/south west due to his personal ambition. The VP ticket is zoned to the southern part, but south south region is out due to the chairmanship position coming from there. He is touted as Atiku candidate.

Ike Ekweremadu: The Current deputy senate president was the highest ranked member of the party and the National leader before the defection of Bukola Saraki. He is said to be jostling for the vice presidential slot for a while now. He is very popular among the governors, also with the ambition of his boss Bukola Saraki to be the presidential candidate. There might just be a union of Saraki/Ekweremadu candidature in the PDP. Moreover the position is zoned to the south east/west region.

Peter Obi: The former Governor of Anambra state is an astute and humble gentleman, his work during his reign as the Anambra state Governor still speaks for him till this day. He is th only vice presidential aspirant that doesn't have a corruption case hanging on his neck, his business acumen and erudity can be of benefit to the ticket with whoever he emerges with. Also, the thought of Igbo being a vice president of the country for the first time in this civilian dispensation will gain massive support for the party, of course with the hope of Igbo ruling the country very soon.

My prediction:
Saraki/Ekweremadu
Atiku/Fayose
Kwankwaso/Peter Obi

What are your predictions?
una no reach at all. PMB till 2023. i see commotion in the pdp soonest after their yeye convention heheheheheh. na atiku go scatter all of them hahahahahahahahaaha. enemies of Nigeria!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019: Who Will Be The PDP Presidential And Vice Presidential Candidates? by MrJanuzaj: 7:42am On Aug 04, 2018
Chochovini:
U are lucky that I am not in charge of Thunder. May fulani herdsmen and all thier boko haram associates visit U, your family and entire village for this your rubbish you posted above called a comment. Must U even comment? See his mouth like sai baba, up apc.

Upper iweka ipob tout/terrorist/ criminal. I know una. How can you be in charge of thunder? Only God is in charge of not only thunder but also in charge of life. He alone knows why he kept PMB alive despite what you leader told you that he is death.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 2019: Who Will Be The PDP Presidential And Vice Presidential Candidates? by Lovetoglory(m): 7:42am On Aug 04, 2018
so all these people for just one person - i now see why they have failed already hahahahah. watch them after their convention in Abuja haha i just dey laugh. Egyptians
fergie001:
This is tightttttt....

VP for Peter Obi will be massive

Presidency for Tambuwal....will be cool

Saraki won't contest..for sure

Atiku Kwankwaso will go for the kill
Fayose Obi for VP
For PDP

against

Buhari/Osinbajo

Nice 1

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019: Who Will Be The PDP Presidential And Vice Presidential Candidates? by DonFreshmoney(m): 8:14am On Aug 04, 2018
Seanjay:

MY OWN OPINION IS THEY ARE STILL THE SAME SET OF PEOPLE WHY CANT WE YOUTH VOTE FOR SOMEONE ELSE LIKE SOWORE AND OTHER PARTIES WHY MUST IT ALWAYS BE PDP AND APC? ALL OF THIS CANDIDATES ARE ALL CORRUPT FROM ATIKU TO SARAKI TO TANBUWAL TO FAYOSE ETC WHY NOT LOOK FOR NEW CREDIBLE CANDIDATE WITH NO CORRUPTION CASES AND NOT FROM THIS SAME PARTY CROSSERS?

If you looking for youth with no corruption case, and never decamped. Dakwambo is the best bet, that is in pdp apart from sowore, durotoye and moghalu.

1 Like

Re: 2019: Who Will Be The PDP Presidential And Vice Presidential Candidates? by GCsomething: 8:32am On Aug 04, 2018
I am still confused, simply cant create a balance in the PDP camp.

North/North Ticket wont sell
North/SS wont too

Saraki wont contest, Obi would have been a good combination but some above me has advised not to waste vote there(S/E), they wont vote!

Just JPs I see: likes of Lamido and Markafi

1 Like

Re: 2019: Who Will Be The PDP Presidential And Vice Presidential Candidates? by Revrnd(m): 8:47am On Aug 04, 2018
Save for his religious bigotry, Kwankwaso is the only person that can win president buhari even in Daura and kastina state. But take it or leave it, the best hands for this job in this current day Nigeria is Saraki/Ekweremmadu ticket. Kwankwaso will without fail, promote Fulani herdsmen activities to remain relevant in the Northern political sphere. instead to suffer another eight years in the hand of kwankwaso/ Danfodio political ideology let us take the pains in buhari's hand for the next four years. By extension, I mean PDP should not give ticket to kwankwaso but Atiku.

1 Like

Re: 2019: Who Will Be The PDP Presidential And Vice Presidential Candidates? by Amarabae(f): 8:48am On Aug 04, 2018
geometricaxis:

you really are a retard, have I not been saying that fayose cannot win an election in the SW outside Ekiti....can you read?

I said PDP cannot win with Fayose or SE VP because SW will not vote for either. So their best bet is a VP from SS because SW have no problem with a SS VP or president. But if they really want to win they should find a credible SW VP not fayose! because even if PDP clears the whole middle belt, there are not enough votes for them to dent Buharis core support without swinging the SW. these are facts not sentiment, numbers dont lie. Try and read, enlighten yourself before talking, look at the election results for 2015 and see where the votes are.
Go back to history and read why your awolowo was defeated by shagari hands down at the election.
Don't overrate yourselves.
The pdp chairmanship brouhaha should tell you that the party don't take the sw serious again.
You didn't make buhari president, the middle belt did,
We are no longer buying that Lagos Ibadan express way propaganda.
PDP has already zoned everything.
Go and vote apc and be quiet.
Hating on Igbos will never change the rusted zinc in your ogbomosho Hut.
Your support for buhari is hinged on your hatred for Igbos but we don't care,
It will not stop you from selling your ancestral lands to chinedu due to poverty

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Who Will Be The PDP Presidential And Vice Presidential Candidates? by egopersonified(f): 9:48am On Aug 04, 2018
Nigerians hardly get the VP slot right. Who ever saw Goodluck, Sambo and Osinbajo coming?
Re: 2019: Who Will Be The PDP Presidential And Vice Presidential Candidates? by dennisworld1(m): 9:50am On Aug 04, 2018
pyxon:

PDP contenders don't need Atiku's money to bankroll their ambition. Atiku can channel his money into sponsoring his own bid. Kwankwaso can sponsor himself, Saraki can sponsor himself. Unlike one cattle rearer from Daura who had to rely on stolen money for his bid
election is not won on social media.ask GEJ
Re: 2019: Who Will Be The PDP Presidential And Vice Presidential Candidates? by Fromban(m): 9:51am On Aug 04, 2018
dennisworld1:
u think election is won on social media. Makeelection reach u go see how powerful buhari is
unless God no pass am.lets c how he will win na
Re: 2019: Who Will Be The PDP Presidential And Vice Presidential Candidates? by giles14(m): 9:54am On Aug 04, 2018
DonFreshmoney:

This your comment is a zero.. Dakwambo cbn governor, lamido minister for national development, even makarfi interior minister.

Are u serious or joking?
what's funny or jokey here you can't please everyone so just compensate them
Re: 2019: Who Will Be The PDP Presidential And Vice Presidential Candidates? by anonymuz(m): 10:12am On Aug 04, 2018
tomakint:
Fsyose as VP is a no no but an Atiku/Peter Obi is a sure bet that can deliver the goods. Atiku's experience in politics, as an accomplished civil servant and astute business man will complement to his status as an all round administrator combined with the business savvy and political calmess of Peter Obi. I love this team.more!
good combo
Re: 2019: Who Will Be The PDP Presidential And Vice Presidential Candidates? by OdogwuMike(m): 10:17am On Aug 04, 2018
I advocate for a VP position for Southwest, they were the only found voice opposing PMB, the likes Femi and Fayose did a great job. In honesty, apart from Abaribe, we were literally mute.

Here in Enugu, people are willing to vote for anything but Buhari and I believe the whole Igbos are. Fielding a VP position ll surely divide vote in the Southwest.

People like Jimi Agbaje is okay for VP. I think Fayose shouldn't be considered, he's too loud mouthed and has many enemies.

We can have the Senate President slot and some good juicy ministerial position, which the likes of Peter Obi, can fit in for.
Re: 2019: Who Will Be The PDP Presidential And Vice Presidential Candidates? by Minjim: 10:17am On Aug 04, 2018
Lemme rephrase this

Even if Pdp chose Atiku, Kwankaso, Tambuwal altogether as president and Obi, Fayose, Apkabio as VP

Altogether, PMB will smash them all, even in their states. Except for Obi and Apkabio for hatred reasons

1 Like

Re: 2019: Who Will Be The PDP Presidential And Vice Presidential Candidates? by giles14(m): 10:18am On Aug 04, 2018
DonFreshmoney:

Broo.. that's the issue we have in this country. Trying to please everyone especially politicians. Then appointing politician instead of Technocrats and professionals to sensitive position. I admit Dakwambo was head of AGF. But he is an accountant, and CBN position is far different from being an accountant general.
dakwambo is a propose driven politician
Re: 2019: Who Will Be The PDP Presidential And Vice Presidential Candidates? by modath(f): 10:20am On Aug 04, 2018
Amarabae:

Go back to history and read why your awolowo was defeated by shagari hands down at the election.
Don't overrate yourselves.
The pdp chairmanship brouhaha should tell you that the party don't take the sw serious again.
You didn't make buhari president, the middle belt did,
We are no longer buying that Lagos Ibadan express way propaganda.
PDP has already zoned everything.
Go and vote apc and be quiet.
Hating on Igbos will never change the rusted zinc in your ogbomosho Hut.
Your support for buhari is hinged on your hatred for Igbos but we don't care,
It will not stop you from selling your ancestral lands to chinedu due to poverty..

shocked shocked

Waoh , waoh, waoh , waoh , waoh waoh!!!!!!

I know I'm sounding like an ambulance in rush hour traffic but when some people do some things one can't help but be dumbfounded!!! shocked
Re: 2019: Who Will Be The PDP Presidential And Vice Presidential Candidates? by eprynce(m): 10:21am On Aug 04, 2018
Tambuwal/Ekweremadu best combination for a humiliating and retiring defeat for Buhari and the demolishing of APC
Re: 2019: Who Will Be The PDP Presidential And Vice Presidential Candidates? by modath(f): 10:28am On Aug 04, 2018
geometricaxis:

you really are a retard, have I not been saying that fayose cannot win an election in the SW outside Ekiti....can you read?

I said PDP cannot win with Fayose or SE VP because SW will not vote for either. So their best bet is a VP from SS because SW have no problem with a SS VP or president. But if they really want to win they should find a credible SW VP not fayose! because even if PDP clears the whole middle belt, there are not enough votes for them to dent Buharis core support without swinging the SW. these are facts not sentiment, numbers dont lie. Try and read, enlighten yourself before talking, look at the election results for 2015 and see where the votes are.

Sooner rather than later , you'd realise that 99% of the ignorant trolls on this platform will steal one's soul if one spends valuable time entertaining their foolishness..... They don't know & are unwilling to learn , so they will confuse the argument & go ballistic...

Checked your profile after reading your spot on submissions & saw you are fairly new... Welcome. smiley
Re: 2019: Who Will Be The PDP Presidential And Vice Presidential Candidates? by Amarabae(f): 10:32am On Aug 04, 2018
modath:

shocked shocked

Waoh , waoh, waoh , waoh , waoh waoh!!!!!!

I know I'm sounding like an ambulance in rush hour traffic but when some people do some things one can't help but be dumbfounded!!! shocked
You didn't face the boy, you faced me.
Hypocrisy.
His madness needs taming and I have done that.
Oriaku is a fire .
I take no prisoner.
Kiss the truth

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019: Who Will Be The PDP Presidential And Vice Presidential Candidates? by modath(f): 10:40am On Aug 04, 2018
Amarabae:

You didn't face the boy, you faced me.
Hypocrisy.
His madness needs taming and I have done that.
Oriaku is a fire .
I take no prisoner.

You didn't tame nothing... Being abusive? No... & no Dat ain't fiyah either,it's the same rhetoric seen everyday... Nothing new...

"Kiss the truth".... Trying to remember who used to drop this line? Hmmmmm?
Re: 2019: Who Will Be The PDP Presidential And Vice Presidential Candidates? by jibs4lv(m): 11:01am On Aug 04, 2018
4601CE:
What will happen to our Biafra slave brothers? shocked
They 'll continue chest beating on SMs grin cheesy
Re: 2019: Who Will Be The PDP Presidential And Vice Presidential Candidates? by Amarabae(f): 11:27am On Aug 04, 2018
modath:

You didn't tame nothing... Being abusive? No... & no Dat ain't fiyah either,it's the same rhetoric seen everyday... Nothing new...

"Kiss the truth".... Trying to remember who used to drop this line? Hmmmmm?
Both you and the boy I quoted are the same.
You are trying to sound neutral but a tribaalist you are.
The truth hurts.
Yes kiss the truth and lick it.
I have little patience in me to tolerate stupidity

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019: Who Will Be The PDP Presidential And Vice Presidential Candidates? by Mune: 11:33am On Aug 04, 2018
The best combination will be:

Kwankwaso/Peter Obi

Kwankwaso is the ONLY person in the North that can give Buhari a run for his money. Kwankwaso and Shekarau will significantly bring in a huge number of votes from Kano.

In other north western states, Kwankwaso will get a significant number of votes, getting 25% in all the northern states will be easy...

As for the South, Peter Obi will bring in the votes from South East. If Jonathan and other leaders of the South South region also do their work, South South will go to them.

In the South West, Kwankwaso will likely get the 25% in all the states, but the influence of Tinubu will be a factor. However, Obasanjo is the Godfather of Kwankwaso, so I'm sure he will get a significant support to swell up the votes from South South South East and North East.

The most important thing is for the votes in the North to split and the only candidate that can do the splitting successfully is Kwankwaso...
Re: 2019: Who Will Be The PDP Presidential And Vice Presidential Candidates? by MrI2015(m): 11:34am On Aug 04, 2018
Atiku or Dakwambo/Peter Obi seems good.
Re: 2019: Who Will Be The PDP Presidential And Vice Presidential Candidates? by pyxon(m): 11:35am On Aug 04, 2018
dennisworld1:
election is not won on social media.ask GEJ
You should be telling you yourself that.
Re: 2019: Who Will Be The PDP Presidential And Vice Presidential Candidates? by Mune: 11:41am On Aug 04, 2018
bestviewer:
You are so correct. The combo of Atiku/Obi ticket is just what PDP needs to send Bubu back to Daura.

Atiku will draw votes by 50℅ in the north and NC.

Obi will garner 100℅ of votes in the SE and SS.

That's the worst winning combination.

Atiku will be the worst mistake of PDP I can assure you. Winning 25% in most of the northern states will be a Herculean or near impossible task for him.
Re: 2019: Who Will Be The PDP Presidential And Vice Presidential Candidates? by odinga1of: 11:43am On Aug 04, 2018
egopersonified:
Nigerians hardly get the VP slot right. Who ever saw Goodluck, Sambo and Osinbajo coming?

Thanks Oga for the observation. Ngozi Okonjo Iweala might be begged from Twitter to come be VP to ATIKU or Tambuwal
Re: 2019: Who Will Be The PDP Presidential And Vice Presidential Candidates? by Mune: 11:46am On Aug 04, 2018
Revrnd:
Save for his religious bigotry, Kwankwaso is the only person that can win president buhari even in Daura and kastina state. But take it or leave it, the best hands for this job in this current day Nigeria is Saraki/Ekweremmadu ticket. Kwankwaso will without fail, promote Fulani herdsmen activities to remain relevant in the Northern political sphere. instead to suffer another eight years in the hand of kwankwaso/ Danfodio political ideology let us take the pains in buhari's hand for the next four years. By extension, I mean PDP should not give ticket to kwankwaso but Atiku.

You are wrong on this one. Kwankwaso is a great guy and he knows how to appeal to his base and whatever action he must done have done in the past is not because he hate someone or something.

Infact, in Kano politics, Kwankwaso is being seen as less religious in his stand on issues thus making him at loggerhead with the conservatives.

No one has done what Kwankwaso has done to Kano especially in the area of educating his people to be open minded through countless scholarship to study abroad and see a different world from theirs.
Re: 2019: Who Will Be The PDP Presidential And Vice Presidential Candidates? by modath(f): 12:03pm On Aug 04, 2018
Amarabae:

Both you and the boy I quoted are the same.
You are trying to sound neutral but a tribaalist you are.
The truth hurts.
Yes kiss the truth and lick it.
I have little patience in me to tolerate stupidity

I repeat.. You don't have to be abusive to do damage... same way you carried on when it was Johesu/NMA drama...Being abusive is degrading, pls rise above!!!

I am no hypocrite, neither am I neutral, I'm pro SW all-day, what you won't find me doing however, is throwing tantrums cos of bad decisions made that has caused ill political luck.... Make your points & KIM... Qué Sera Sera..

Mic drop!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Aliyu Atiku Abubakar Weds Fatima Nuhu Ribadu (Pre-Wedding Photos) / Atiku Reacts To 'Meeting' Hushpuppi, Replies APC / Hanan Buhari: Man Attempts Suicide For Inability To Marry PMB's Daughter In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.