Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,535 members, 7,808,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:12 PM

Girls, Can You Marry A Poor Man If You're Rich? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Girls, Can You Marry A Poor Man If You're Rich? (24605 Views)

The Biggest Mistake A Lady Can Make In Life Is To Marry A Poor Man- Nigeria Lady / So, Yoruba Girls Can Be This Beautiful (Pictures) / "Nothing Wrong In Dating A Married Man If He Takes Care Of His Family" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Girls, Can You Marry A Poor Man If You're Rich? by jadyclem(m): 5:25pm On Aug 04, 2018
Colourich:
There is a probability that the man will use you for sugar mummy things, then in turn spend the money on the woman he love.

that can only happen if the man doesn't love you. that's why you should look carefully before giving your heart to someone else. do you know that some women are codedly the bread winners in their homes and outside people hardly know about it because of the sort of relationship they have with their partners? though is not a good situation for a man to be in but it's very possible for the woman to be the rich one and they'll still live peacefully and lovingly
Re: Girls, Can You Marry A Poor Man If You're Rich? by Pataricatering(f): 5:26pm On Aug 04, 2018
MariaLavina:
If the thread is about you, I'd advise you do not marry that poor boy yet. If you are that rich try set him up first, help his business grow then tie the knots if he asks.

Life is so simple. grin
you will set him up help his business grow then tie the knot if he “ asks “ ? That is if the woman is the mugun of the century ! Lol .

1 Like

Re: Girls, Can You Marry A Poor Man If You're Rich? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Aug 04, 2018
jadyclem:

that can only happen if the man doesn't love you. that's why you should look carefully before giving your heart to someone else. do you know that some women are codedly the bread winners in their homes and outside people hardly know about it because of the sort of relationship they have with their partners? though is not a good situation for a man to be in but it's very possible for the woman to be the rich one and they'll still live peacefully and lovingly
You made lot of sense.
Re: Girls, Can You Marry A Poor Man If You're Rich? by pocohantas(f): 5:30pm On Aug 04, 2018
zicoraads:

I've said it here before...if you are not gainfully employed, you and I cannot even start any serious relationship.

Who ask you?

Re: Girls, Can You Marry A Poor Man If You're Rich? by Pataricatering(f): 5:30pm On Aug 04, 2018
mrAMG:

I agree she can meet a poor man but then have a relationship with him? I don’t like the sound of that.

I’ve heard stories about this sort of thing and the only question in my head is how?

What were those girls thinking?

That’s why I admire the indimi girls, infact, you should have noticed how rich daughters of northern billionaires only marry sons of other billionaires/millionaires
guys want rich girls to marry them but they are not ready to humble themselves! Very greedy and lazy - you want a come up but you don’t want to be humble ? Nonsense ! Poor idiot to would be shouting submission to a girl he wouldn’t have been able to clean her shoes if not for marriage !

1 Like

Re: Girls, Can You Marry A Poor Man If You're Rich? by Pataricatering(f): 5:33pm On Aug 04, 2018
BRMN:
Why not? I can. Love is what matters, not money. Yes I can! Women should be humble. I will give the money to him & set him up to become the breadwinner.

If u're waiting to get a ready made man that will take care of everything in this country now, my sister u are deceiving yourself, lol.

Whatever situation u find yourself, make the best of it. Marry him and things will surely turn around for him and for both of u for the better.
Lol ! You should be humble - because you want to ! Stop dishing out stupid advise to other women !

2 Likes

Re: Girls, Can You Marry A Poor Man If You're Rich? by klevotino: 5:33pm On Aug 04, 2018
Elder001:
I hope Nigerian men learn something from this thread grin
If they have small cash they'll be running after broke ladies grin

If you're rich marry only a rich person to avoid stories that touch.
This got me laughing in Italian..But all the way my own opinion is that yes a rich lady can marry a poor guy if they have strong chemistry...Chemistry involve understanding, emotion, passion, believe, humility, respect to one another etc note a poor guy with vision can become Rich it just matter of time.. I used to have alot of rich babe around me..let me stop here...
Re: Girls, Can You Marry A Poor Man If You're Rich? by rhames(m): 5:34pm On Aug 04, 2018
Seal33:
Can u marry a poor man if you're rich?

How can u handle this?

Can u spend ur money for the man?

Can u do this to make the man love u?

Those that have done it, how did it end and what was their experiences or your own experiences if you have done so?

Pls house let's discuss this and help those in this situation.

And pls Moderators, move to the front page asap!

The best person in Nigeria to ask that question is this woman.

https://www.forbes.com/profile/folorunsho-alakija/#7fc8ffb62ad9

1 Like

Re: Girls, Can You Marry A Poor Man If You're Rich? by Pataricatering(f): 5:34pm On Aug 04, 2018
stanleyamaziro:
Annoying joor. Africans self. How do we think it a normal thing for a guy to spend for a girl, but don't feel it should be vice versa. Please I don't want anybody to come here and start advocating gender equality tomorrow. He who pays the bills detects the move period.
so by your logic - if the wife Pays the bills then the husband must submit , abi ?

2 Likes

Re: Girls, Can You Marry A Poor Man If You're Rich? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Aug 04, 2018
Pataricatering:
keep quiet there ! Do you ask men to be humble ? It’s women that must be humble because you want to use them as doormat ! Rubbish talk like this can annoy me !
Yeah, I dnt encourage arrogancy by anyone, but men must be men. Our lazies need to learn more of selflessness and humility especially "singles"
Re: Girls, Can You Marry A Poor Man If You're Rich? by Jman06(m): 5:37pm On Aug 04, 2018
kimbraa:
Ma'am, keep your wishes to yourself 'cause I don't want to marry a man circumstances would make poor later. I know these things happen, but I want to be among those who wouldn't encounter such in life. Thanks. grin
You are not even pretty enough, so i wonder what would attract the rich guys to you. I would sincerely advise you to begin to cut down on your expectations of your man, that is if you really desire to get married.

Yes, men don't mind marrying a poor girl,but she has got to have a great body to attract him. Men are moved by what they see...

No offence please.
Re: Girls, Can You Marry A Poor Man If You're Rich? by Nobody: 5:37pm On Aug 04, 2018
This is like asking if buhari's dauther can get married to a dead broke okada rider. But we all know the answer to this question.

Re: Girls, Can You Marry A Poor Man If You're Rich? by Jay5mie: 5:39pm On Aug 04, 2018
Sarang:

Lol I no wan marry you nah by force cheesy
See as e dey pain am
I just viewed your profile, abeg do you sell Soft box? How much and back drops
Re: Girls, Can You Marry A Poor Man If You're Rich? by Pataricatering(f): 5:40pm On Aug 04, 2018
Onyiridike:

Another question; would you support a rich man getting married to a poor girl?
if a rich man marries a poor girl it’s okay cause she would be humble - men will not be humble - so therefore you should go and find your level !

1 Like

Re: Girls, Can You Marry A Poor Man If You're Rich? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Aug 04, 2018
kimbraa:
Yes. tongue
It's a matter of choice! Let love leads, coupled with good character and one would forget abt the difference btw a poor or rich girl...
Re: Girls, Can You Marry A Poor Man If You're Rich? by bejeria101(m): 5:44pm On Aug 04, 2018
The good in bed crew!
Re: Girls, Can You Marry A Poor Man If You're Rich? by danbrowndmf(m): 5:44pm On Aug 04, 2018
Seal33:
Can u marry a poor man if you're rich?

How can u handle this?

Can u spend ur money for the man?

Can u do this to make the man love u?

Those that have done it, how did it end and what was their experiences or your own experiences if you have done so?

Pls house let's discuss this and help those in this situation.

And pls Moderators, move to the front page asap!

Nothing Is Wrong With Spending Your Money On A Man You Love But Make Sure The Man Loves You Back . Don't Try To Use Your Money To Influence A Man To Love You,as Real Love Cannot Bought With Money Most Times.
Re: Girls, Can You Marry A Poor Man If You're Rich? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Aug 04, 2018
I can marry any guy of any status. Ambition and hard work is the key. Anyone can make it in life with those 2 things. If he's poor and comfortable being poor then not for me. But a poor man with plans, working hard to make It to the next level, ambitious and determined, I'll take that any day over a lazy rich guy who's enjoying his daddy's money with little work.
I'm not bothered about a guys money cos I wanna make my own, be my own boss. When you make up your mind to be independent, the financial status of a guy makes no difference to you.
Thats just me tho

4 Likes

Re: Girls, Can You Marry A Poor Man If You're Rich? by danbrowndmf(m): 5:48pm On Aug 04, 2018
MariaLavina:
If the thread is about you, I'd advise you do not marry that poor boy yet. If you are that rich try set him up first, help his business grow then tie the knots if he asks.

Life is so simple. grin
Oshey International Adviser.
Re: Girls, Can You Marry A Poor Man If You're Rich? by CHoccolaTE: 5:49pm On Aug 04, 2018
Pataricatering:
keep quiet there ! Do you ask men to be humble ? It’s women that must be humble because you want to use them as doormat ! Rubbish talk like this can annoy me !

Don't mind these idiots, they want to boss women around and be claiming head of house and at the same time collecting upkeep money from them.
Nonsense
Re: Girls, Can You Marry A Poor Man If You're Rich? by Pataricatering(f): 5:53pm On Aug 04, 2018
egbarison:
Yeah, I dnt encourage arrogancy by anyone, but men must be men. Our lazies need to learn more of selflessness and humility especially "singles"
humility is good for everyone , same as pride and dignity of self - both male and female ! Men must be men means men are the only ones who can have pride ? That’s complete nonsense! I pity any women who does not have pride - they are the type that always end up being doormats and punching bags ! And I think you should get used to women with pride - that’s the new way !

1 Like

Re: Girls, Can You Marry A Poor Man If You're Rich? by abike12(f): 5:57pm On Aug 04, 2018
Onyiridike:

I thought you don't respond to questions that are not directed at you?
Are you rich?
And for referring to me as poverty ambassador, I simply don't know what to say. God bless you.
Enjoy!!!

girl bye

1 Like

Re: Girls, Can You Marry A Poor Man If You're Rich? by Bass123(m): 6:06pm On Aug 04, 2018
I have been looking for such girls but haven't come across any. Please, where do I get one so we could build wealth together. I have series of business ideas that can fetch millions apart from oil business. Just drop ur contact on joeetubi@gmail.com.
Re: Girls, Can You Marry A Poor Man If You're Rich? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Aug 04, 2018
abike12:
no. it will end in one story or the other and it's not worth my time. I can support if he's working on his master's or if he's going through transitional period but if it's a permanent situation i'm not interested.

Note: I don't have a problem with other women doing it but for me it's a no so please don't bother bringing your life frustrations to my mentions.

Hey girl, I'm currently on my Masters degree programe & looking for a Female support like you. I'm going through transitional period, So Please jump in. I have been looking for Sugar mummy since. I just found you Abike, Omo Re Bi Custard tongue
Re: Girls, Can You Marry A Poor Man If You're Rich? by Onyiridike(f): 6:11pm On Aug 04, 2018
Pataricatering:
if a rich man marries a poor girl it’s okay cause she would be humble - men will not be humble - so therefore you should go and find your level !
Humility is a virtue. Both husband and wife should be humble regardless financial status.

A husband who was once a director of a FG parastatal/agency is now retired and broke and the wife who used to be a full time housewife is now a graduate and gainfully employed.

She handed over her car to the husband and still respect him.

The problem with some ladies is that they yet to understand the concept of marriage.

That a man is rich does not make him a good husband. A lady can marry him and still weep every night.
If you want to marry seek counseling from a happily married wife.
Money is good but the best it can do is to get you the basic necessities of life.
Money doesn't stop a man who is not God-fearing from:
1. Cheating
2. telling lies
3.being disrespectful
4. beating the wife
5. being stingy
6. among others.
Poverty too does not change a man/woman permanently. The person can only pretend until money comes and the true character will manifest. Therefore, my humble advice is CHARACTER before any other thing.

1 Like

Re: Girls, Can You Marry A Poor Man If You're Rich? by Nobody: 6:17pm On Aug 04, 2018
Pataricatering:
humility is good for everyone , same as pride and dignity of self - both male and female ! Men must be men means men are the only ones who can have pride ? That’s complete nonsense! I pity any women who does not have pride - they are the type that always end up being doormats and punching bags ! And I think you should get used to women with pride - that’s the new way !
Noted!
Re: Girls, Can You Marry A Poor Man If You're Rich? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Aug 04, 2018
Onyiridike:

Humility is a virtue. Both husband and wife should be humble regardless financial status.

A husband who was once a director of a FG parastatal/agency is now retired and broke and the wife who used to be a full time housewife is now a graduate and gainfully employed.

She handed over her car to the husband and still respect him.

The problem with some ladies is that they yet to understand the concept of marriage.

That a man is rich does not make him a good husband. A lady can marry him and still weep every night.
If you want to marry seek counseling from a happily married wife.
Money is good but the best it can do is to get you the basic necessities of life.
1. Cheating
2. telling lies
3.being disrespectful
4. beating the wife
5. being stingy
6. among others.
Poverty too does not change a man/woman permanently. The person can only pretend until money comes and the true character will manifest. Therefore, my humble advice is CHARACTER before any other thing.

Hmmm writeup. Madame are you married? Kuku come lets marry Biko smiley
Re: Girls, Can You Marry A Poor Man If You're Rich? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Aug 04, 2018
Onyiridike:

1. Cheating
2. telling lies
3. being disrespectful
4. beating the wife
5. being stingy
6. among others.

Also I want to add that some ladies don't care about all this Except being stingy, as long as the money keeps coming, they can even stay in Domestic Violence marriage. Sad but true.
Re: Girls, Can You Marry A Poor Man If You're Rich? by Lalas247(f): 6:28pm On Aug 04, 2018
luvola:
Kala and you are a Liverpool fan.. I am disliking you for this .. see how you making mockery of guys..
someone cannot comment in peace again .... kiss
Re: Girls, Can You Marry A Poor Man If You're Rich? by abike12(f): 6:35pm On Aug 04, 2018
cruchenutii:

Hey girl, I'm currently on my Masters degree programe & looking for a Female support like you. I'm going through transitional period, So Please jump in. I have been looking for Sugar mummy since. I just found you Abike, Omo Re Bi Custard tongue

please i'm not single. don't worry you will soon graduate and get a good job. goodluck!
Re: Girls, Can You Marry A Poor Man If You're Rich? by Lalas247(f): 6:38pm On Aug 04, 2018
zicoraads:

Which cheap boys? undecided angry
dunno jare grin waiting for who will claim it...
Re: Girls, Can You Marry A Poor Man If You're Rich? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Aug 04, 2018
abike12:

please i'm not single. don't worry you will soon graduate and get a good job. goodluck!

technically you are.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Fiancée And My Best Friend / "Man In Vegetative State Weds His Old Lover" (Photos) / How To Know A Male Virgin Through His Penis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.