Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,910 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:04 AM

Morata To Wear No 29 Shirt For Chelsea This Season - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Morata To Wear No 29 Shirt For Chelsea This Season (533 Views)

OFFICIAL: Wan-bissaka Will Wear The No.29 Shirt At Man United / Mikel Obi's Jersey Number At Middlesbrough Unveiled, To Wear No 12 / Thibaut Courtois, Fabregas And Morata To Miss Out Against Arsenal Tonight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Morata To Wear No 29 Shirt For Chelsea This Season by olamariamjonez(m): 9:24pm On Aug 03, 2018
Alvaro Morata will wear the No 29 shirt for Chelsea this season to pay tribute to his new-born twins.

The 25-year-old striker wore No 9 last term after joining from Real Madrid in the summer but hasdecided on a new shirt number after his wife Alice gave birth to twins Alessandro and Leonardo on July 29.

Morata, who scored 11 goals in 31 Premier League appearances last season, has been the subject of transfer speculation over the summer, but new Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri said he was "very confident in him for the future" after his side's pre-season tie with Inter Milan.

"It is a day I will never forget, to welcome my twin sons into the world," Morata said on Chelsea's website.

"My family is so important to me and I want to honour them and my wife, Alice, when I am on the pitch which is why I have decided to take a different number for the new season and remember this special day by adding the number two to my shirt."

More: https://hi247.com.ng/2018/08/03/morata-will-wear-the-no-29-shirt-for-chelsea-this-season/

Re: Morata To Wear No 29 Shirt For Chelsea This Season by bedspread: 9:27pm On Aug 03, 2018
Very Great idea and Decision from Morata...

The Number 9 Jersey in Chelsea has been Unfavorable to Every Player Since Jimmy Floyd Hasslebanks Dropped it!
Re: Morata To Wear No 29 Shirt For Chelsea This Season by Ingocof(m): 11:25pm On Aug 03, 2018
Two likely but hidden reason
1. a striker is coming and has asked for the no 9 shirt
2. morata is running away from a cursed number 9 shirt.
hassellbank was the last successful user of that no 9 shirt in Chelsea football club. crespo, Boulharous, di Franco, Torres etc weren't successful wearing that number, good luck to morata and hope your fortune increases with no 29

(1) (Reply)

How Will Moses Cope With The New Pharoah At Stamford Bridge? / Cr7 Has The Highest Assists In UCL And Real Madrid / Lionel Messi - The Greatest Of All Time Who Won't Be Granted The God Like Status

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.