Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,210 members, 7,780,380 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:19 PM

Help! Site Not Opening On Glo - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Help! Site Not Opening On Glo (1481 Views)

Help! Site Frontend Fails To Update Despite Uninstalling & Clearing The Cache / Blogger Custom Domain Not Opening On Mobile Firefox And Chrome. / Bloggers Blog Not Opening On Chrome And Firefox (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Site Not Opening On Glo by prettyblacky(f): 11:51pm On Aug 03, 2018
Honestly, I am confused but not happy. My Husband has a new blog of just 3 months. He goes to office everyday and decides to work from home sometimes.
He got this 4G Glo network To Help him.
The first night, it worked perfectly till he got tired. Then on Tuesday night the site refused to open, every other site and blog opens but his won't open.
He complained to the webdesigner who is also the host.
Believe me the guy didn't give him any tangible answer rather he asked him to change network,
My husband did yet no way.
The guy again asked him to change Data plan, then I asked?
Again he asked him to check the permission and firewall kiniko!.

Please any one who has better idea on how to help him out please do because I have lost faith in the designer.
He hasn't worked since Tuesday and he is being unnecessarily sad and angry.
Help
Re: Help! Site Not Opening On Glo by Donald3d(m): 12:12am On Aug 04, 2018
I am a web developer and programmer
There are many possible reasons for this issue, I have noticed something similar with Glo too
There are some solutions you can use
Make use of Opera for PC , it has inbuilt VPN , it would make the site acessible
Its possible the hosting company has blocked your IP address
Sometimes the solution is as easy as just adding a "?" mark at the end of the link eg www.example.com/?
Also make sure the site is properly installed, I assume its wordpress
Re: Help! Site Not Opening On Glo by Sanchez01: 7:47am On Aug 04, 2018
prettyblacky:
Honestly, I am confused but not happy. My Husband has a new blog of just 3 months. He goes to office everyday and decides to work from home sometimes.
The first night, it worked perfectly till he got tired. Then on Tuesday night the site refused to open, every other site and blog opens but his won't open.
Believe me the guy didn't give him any tangible answer rather he asked him to change network,

Please any one who has better idea on how to help him out please do because I have lost faith in the designer.
Help
The problem is not with the designer or developer but Glo. The network is notorious for blocking certain blogs/websites' IP addresses. At some point, Nairaland wasn't responsive for Glo subscribers.

Have him troubleshoot by accessing the site with another network. Also, he should try with another Glo line that isn't his. In the end, he might need to switch or change SIMs to some other carrier to enable him work without restrictions.

1 Like

Re: Help! Site Not Opening On Glo by Dapo92(m): 4:25pm On Mar 11, 2019
prettyblacky:

Help

Calm down Brother, the solution is here. Check my step by step guide on how to make blogger custom domain open on glo here: https://assistblogger.com/how-to-make-blogger-custom-domain-open-on-glo-network-working-perfectly/

Thank me later. You can also call me on +2348151244131
Re: Help! Site Not Opening On Glo by fastseo: 5:30pm On Mar 11, 2019
That's the problem you get when u host with a Nigerian hosting company or with blogger blog.

Get namecheap and move to WordPress. If not tell oga say him developer never ready for business.

(1) (Reply)

I Need Web Designers / Programmers Resident In Enugu / Hw To Incrs Ur 15mg Weekly Plan To 30mg For Etisalat Users Only / 500 Internal Server Error >>>>>> Pls Explain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.