Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,527 members, 7,808,907 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:14 PM

Cameroon Street Foods Which Cameroonians Love The Most - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cameroon Street Foods Which Cameroonians Love The Most (46478 Views)

Delicious Nigerian Street Foods / 10 Delicious Nigerian Street Foods (Pictures) / Monster Catfish Caught In Cameroon River (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cameroon Street Foods Which Cameroonians Love The Most by Nahum777(m): 4:32pm On Aug 04, 2018
All these are Nigerian food with different names. Except from the Puff Puff and beans and some other kind of soup.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cameroon Street Foods Which Cameroonians Love The Most by Nobody: 4:33pm On Aug 04, 2018
it's all nice... Rexia I want you to buy me that screwed snail

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Cameroon Street Foods Which Cameroonians Love The Most by crafteck(m): 4:33pm On Aug 04, 2018
easzypeaszy:
una no well...how is dis a news or to hav mk headlines biko...make we gt sense now...
even pikin fr naija go mention 90prcnt of every of d trash laid der...
so whts d news lik its special

Exactly
Re: Cameroon Street Foods Which Cameroonians Love The Most by Nobody: 4:35pm On Aug 04, 2018
dejonathan:
Is like all African countries av the same food in common
No

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cameroon Street Foods Which Cameroonians Love The Most by dtrend(m): 4:35pm On Aug 04, 2018
Rexia:
The next one is roasted corn and plum.Even if na weti I no fit miss di one.I like it a lot.

Those ain't plums but bush pear ( a tropical specie of pear)

2 Likes

Re: Cameroon Street Foods Which Cameroonians Love The Most by frankmelv(m): 4:38pm On Aug 04, 2018

1 Like

Re: Cameroon Street Foods Which Cameroonians Love The Most by Nobody: 4:39pm On Aug 04, 2018
Nice one OP. Some of those dishes are also common snacks in Nigeria.

What I don't get is how some of these snacks that are well laid out on trays and plates with sauce placed besides them are termed street food?

Care to shed more light?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cameroon Street Foods Which Cameroonians Love The Most by Btruth: 4:40pm On Aug 04, 2018
what about "MIYONDO".

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cameroon Street Foods Which Cameroonians Love The Most by DrLikita12(f): 4:40pm On Aug 04, 2018
maestroferddi:
Should be scorched eggs and not scotch..

Scotch is correct

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cameroon Street Foods Which Cameroonians Love The Most by Topmaike007(m): 4:41pm On Aug 04, 2018
Op you mentioning Accra their instead of Yaoundé cos I don't know what concerns both of them together

1 Like

Re: Cameroon Street Foods Which Cameroonians Love The Most by Nobody: 4:41pm On Aug 04, 2018
I brained buhari for this.
Re: Cameroon Street Foods Which Cameroonians Love The Most by classicfrank4u(m): 4:42pm On Aug 04, 2018
Chibuzoc:
Accra banana would be a nice combo with beans
Re: Cameroon Street Foods Which Cameroonians Love The Most by classicfrank4u(m): 4:42pm On Aug 04, 2018
Chibuzoc:
Accra banana would be a nice combo with beans
porging awaits u
Re: Cameroon Street Foods Which Cameroonians Love The Most by Nobody: 4:43pm On Aug 04, 2018
Rexia:
The next one is rolled eggs but in Cameroon it is usually called scotch eggs
Ine Cameroon girl wey i chop last month, instead make i dey fùck am, na she dey fùck me. Those girls toi strong cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cameroon Street Foods Which Cameroonians Love The Most by Ibcharles: 4:43pm On Aug 04, 2018
Wetin concern me angryWetin concern me
Re: Cameroon Street Foods Which Cameroonians Love The Most by FitnesScientist: 4:44pm On Aug 04, 2018
dtrend:

Those ain't plums but bush pear ( a tropical specie of pear)

It is also called African Pear, Plum or Ube.... check your facts before correcting someone.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cameroon Street Foods Which Cameroonians Love The Most by Topmaike007(m): 4:44pm On Aug 04, 2018
Rexia:
The next one is roasted plantains and plum.This one is also nice and it is very common in Cameroon.
Op that is boli...in warri na wetin we dey call am be DAT....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cameroon Street Foods Which Cameroonians Love The Most by Mariangeles(f): 4:45pm On Aug 04, 2018
Nice thread Rexia kiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cameroon Street Foods Which Cameroonians Love The Most by Topmaike007(m): 4:46pm On Aug 04, 2018
Rexia:
The next one is roasted corn and plum.Even if na weti I no fit miss di one.I like it a lot.
and this one is called Roasted corn and Ube..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cameroon Street Foods Which Cameroonians Love The Most by dejonathan(f): 4:49pm On Aug 04, 2018
asuustrike2009:

No
Prove me wrong
Re: Cameroon Street Foods Which Cameroonians Love The Most by Amein(m): 4:50pm On Aug 04, 2018
Rexia:
The next one is puff puff and beans.In Cameroon, it's slang name is achombo.A lot of youngsters love it

The beans looks like goat shiit.
Re: Cameroon Street Foods Which Cameroonians Love The Most by Chibuzoc(m): 4:52pm On Aug 04, 2018
classicfrank4u:
porging awaits u

Like seriously shocked shocked
Re: Cameroon Street Foods Which Cameroonians Love The Most by Nobody: 4:52pm On Aug 04, 2018
Rexia:
The next one is grilled meat on sticks but in Cameroon it is called suya.I love it!
better suya.. No be that rubbish Ghana dey sell give person chop. Nigeria suya, best in the world. Rexia, what's the official language in Cameroon? If french, are there places where english are sorta common? I wish to visit the country and Ivory coast just to see what the country look like buh i don't understand even my name in french. Just English... And by the way, all the foods listed here are snacks. Street foods in Ghana includes Banku, Indomie, wakye, Beans and Garri, plain rice and the likes.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cameroon Street Foods Which Cameroonians Love The Most by ikorodureporta: 4:53pm On Aug 04, 2018
See viral pix of Kenyan man rescueing Ugali (corn meal) after his shop was demolished cheesy

1 Like

Re: Cameroon Street Foods Which Cameroonians Love The Most by gaby(m): 4:54pm On Aug 04, 2018
Rexia:
The next one is Accra banana.This one is different from Accra beans cause it is made with banana.Mostly with the bananas that are very ripe.

Nice, I love akara banana very much.

How the bolo na?

Click on my signature to read the irregular migrants story of perils, triumphs and karma. To make your weekend more exciting, I have decided to do a free read promo on Okada books today 04/08/18. Do check in and leave me kind reviews, I do have an account number in case you are led to donate for the book..lol. All my followers make una go read o, if I begin mention una now dem fit ban me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cameroon Street Foods Which Cameroonians Love The Most by olamil34(m): 4:55pm On Aug 04, 2018
dairykidd:

Its called akara in Nigeria.. I love the crispy ones they fry with a blend of palm oil cheesy

Your sense is too much

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cameroon Street Foods Which Cameroonians Love The Most by Beremx(f): 4:55pm On Aug 04, 2018
So Ube bekee is called plum?

I don learn today

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cameroon Street Foods Which Cameroonians Love The Most by Ecomdude: 4:57pm On Aug 04, 2018
Almost what we enjoy here in Nigeria
Re: Cameroon Street Foods Which Cameroonians Love The Most by Akinya17: 4:58pm On Aug 04, 2018
maestroferddi:
Should be scorched eggs and not scotch..

She's correct, it's scotch egg. The origin is from Scotland.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cameroon Street Foods Which Cameroonians Love The Most by afoltundeseun(m): 5:03pm On Aug 04, 2018
2RUTHHURTS:
All these are also Nigerian Street food o wink
And this glorified shit my bro ate at a cost of 15k
which of your bro.

Something you downloaded from the net

1 Like

Re: Cameroon Street Foods Which Cameroonians Love The Most by maestroferddi: 5:04pm On Aug 04, 2018
Akinya17:

She's correct, it's scotch egg. The origin is from Scotland.
Sure...I got it mixed up..
Re: Cameroon Street Foods Which Cameroonians Love The Most by Nobody: 5:08pm On Aug 04, 2018
dejonathan:
Prove me wrong
Mutura,It originates from the Kikuyu people of central Kenya, from where it got its me. It is made of tripe (matumbo) stuffed with ground meat and sometimes raw blood.shey naija dey chop dis one?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari Restaurant Emerges. / The Dinner I Prepared With N3800. / The Way I Make Rich Egusi Soup With Uziza Leaves, Scent Leaves & Goat Meat (pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.