Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:17 AM

Motorola Announces First 5G Smartphone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Motorola Announces First 5G Smartphone (16752 Views)

Huawei Has Completed The World's First 5G Live Broadcast In The UK / MTN Launches First 5G Technology In Africa / Photo Of World's First 5G Smartphone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Motorola Announces First 5G Smartphone by nghubs1(m): 9:03am On Aug 04, 2018
5G is certainly the telecom topic of the coming months and years. But technological time is not marketing time. Operators are fighting with press releases to discuss their tests (necessarily successful) and their full- scale experiments . Everyone wants to be the first to get started.

Same on the manufacturers side. Even if the commercial reality of the 5G will not arrive before 2019-2020 (according to the countries) the communication goes well, between the thundering announcements (“we will be first, you will see) and the announcements a little premature.

Motorola, owned by Lenovo, who claims to be “a leading innovator”, does not go out of his way: “Today, we announce the first 5G mobile device offering new possibilities to watch videos, connect home appliances, work remotely or play in AR and VR. “Motorola partnered with Qualcomm to achieve this industry milestone using the Snapdragon X50 modem and millimeter-wave components.”

What is it really about? Asked following this somewhat opaque communication, Motorola has provided us with some clarifications that limit the scope of this announcement.

This announcement is for the moment only the United States and only the operator Verizon (which will launch the 5G in 2019 in 3 to 5 cities in fixed and mobile mode)
It is not a smartphone but a mod that just connect to the Moto z3 (and by itself for the moment), this mod will be equipped with a SIM card and a 5G modem chip from Qualcomm

This product will not be available in Europe “at the moment”: “We have communicated on it in Europe to reinforce the innovation of Motorola”, we explain it
It is really about occupying the media field.

Talking about imminent launch is somewhat exaggerated. For Qualcomm, do not rely on 5G smartphones before mid-2019. We also interviewed the technical director of Orange on the issue, and for him, the manufacturers still have work.

“The manufacturers are trying to demonstrate that they will be ready in the second half of 2019 with terminals that support the first release of 5G.But there is still work, especially on the issues of optimization of consumption”, we said Benatar. The main problem is the impact of the use of 5G on the battery, impact for the moment very important.

http://nghubs.info/motorola-announces-first-5g-smartphone/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Motorola Announces First 5G Smartphone by princemillla(m): 7:19am On Aug 05, 2018
5G with Glo...

How e go be grin cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Motorola Announces First 5G Smartphone by Tezboi(m): 7:20am On Aug 05, 2018
it's gonna be available in Naija in d year 2023. I can imagine Glo partnering wif Motorola.
Pls guys, in my area, weneva it is 11pm, Glo network will Jez disappear, & reappear around 5am in d morning [Glo dey form "abija"] . Am I d only one experiencing dis?

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Motorola Announces First 5G Smartphone by inoki247: 7:20am On Aug 05, 2018
Glo will Launch 5G on Monday...
Re: Motorola Announces First 5G Smartphone by Tolexy247: 7:20am On Aug 05, 2018
Motorola Android is one of the best, if you know you know

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Motorola Announces First 5G Smartphone by ArcFresky(m): 7:21am On Aug 05, 2018
Why u mention glo.... wetin Mike adenuga do u?
princemillla:
5G with Glo...

How e go be grin cheesy
Re: Motorola Announces First 5G Smartphone by Jpmacleo: 7:21am On Aug 05, 2018
Odi egwu. Low battery

2 Likes

Re: Motorola Announces First 5G Smartphone by manci(m): 7:22am On Aug 05, 2018
My village no get 3g my State don't have a 4g you are here talking of 5g ? The last time I asked about 4g service I waz told Abuja and Lagos only have it.my current fero x2 have 4g but I never opperate it so my advice if you are thinking of buying the phone with the 5g it will be better you think how to fly abroad first bcuz is going to be a long time to get it here Nigeria our technology is glo I mean snail movement.(not moving fast).

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Motorola Announces First 5G Smartphone by pejuakinab: 7:22am On Aug 05, 2018
Can't wait to buy, God pls provide
Re: Motorola Announces First 5G Smartphone by henry007(m): 7:22am On Aug 05, 2018
cool
Re: Motorola Announces First 5G Smartphone by Basitelo1(m): 7:24am On Aug 05, 2018
B4 he go reach naija 2030, dat time 6g don come out

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Motorola Announces First 5G Smartphone by Drsheddy(m): 7:25am On Aug 05, 2018
Seeing is believing
Re: Motorola Announces First 5G Smartphone by Emmafe(m): 7:25am On Aug 05, 2018
How many phone person wan use sef

For Samsung phones check my Signature

1 Like

Re: Motorola Announces First 5G Smartphone by reyscrub(m): 7:25am On Aug 05, 2018
Hmmmmm! Motorola. Expect to see you soon
Re: Motorola Announces First 5G Smartphone by princemillla(m): 7:26am On Aug 05, 2018
ArcFresky:
Why u mention glo.... wetin Mike adenuga do u?

Don't worry I am just in love with the name but those who saabi well, wen they see my combinations they will understand
Re: Motorola Announces First 5G Smartphone by Opinionated: 7:26am On Aug 05, 2018
Cool.
Re: Motorola Announces First 5G Smartphone by justtruth88miSt(f): 7:27am On Aug 05, 2018
If u like bring 10G glo network will still be slow

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Motorola Announces First 5G Smartphone by Gtoosmooth(m): 7:28am On Aug 05, 2018
who still uses motorolla in this modern world...5G ko 10G ni.
Re: Motorola Announces First 5G Smartphone by IEJames(m): 7:30am On Aug 05, 2018
Quiet but aggressively innovative people. If only they can accommodate mainland Africa in their plans.

I'm feeling this 5G would discriminate a lot..
cry Someone help me ask how long my village would have to wait..

1 Share

Re: Motorola Announces First 5G Smartphone by Henri8: 7:31am On Aug 05, 2018
princemillla:
5G with Glo...

How e go be grin cheesy
Like edge.

1 Like

Re: Motorola Announces First 5G Smartphone by mostmorgan: 7:34am On Aug 05, 2018
princemillla:
5G with Glo...
How e go be grin cheesy
it will be super speed
Re: Motorola Announces First 5G Smartphone by Alejoc(m): 7:43am On Aug 05, 2018
We need reliable 3G first!
Re: Motorola Announces First 5G Smartphone by Krafty006: 7:46am On Aug 05, 2018
hello moto.....need good sandals , order via 0-8-1-8-1-6-6-3-6-1-6.

1 Like

Re: Motorola Announces First 5G Smartphone by SweetBwoy: 7:46am On Aug 05, 2018
princemillla:
5G with Glo...

How e go be grin cheesy
e go be like normal 3G...
No be Glo wey we know again?!

1 Like

Re: Motorola Announces First 5G Smartphone by princemillla(m): 7:48am On Aug 05, 2018
mostmorgan:
it will be super speed

Am suspecting u, u use glo just like me right

1 Like

Re: Motorola Announces First 5G Smartphone by Palmerbarry: 7:55am On Aug 05, 2018
@Op, you didn't mention the 5G moto mod. The phone (Motorola Z3) will only support 5G once the mod is connected to it.
Re: Motorola Announces First 5G Smartphone by waley007(m): 7:57am On Aug 05, 2018
Tolexy247:
Motorola Android is one of the best, if you know you know
bro I know ooo, been using Motorola , changed to Motorola again and if I'm to change my phone right now again , Na same Motorola

1 Like

Re: Motorola Announces First 5G Smartphone by Allenken225588: 8:02am On Aug 05, 2018
I'm sure dey ain't talking about us sha... Sometim we Europe sef never see

(1) (2) (Reply)

MTN Has Started Scamming On The 500% Bonus? / 6 Things All Yahoo Mail Users Must Do After The 1 Billion Accounts Hack / Differences Between BB & Android

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.