Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:29 AM

Which Presidential Candidate Can Unite Nigerians Again? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which Presidential Candidate Can Unite Nigerians Again? (1514 Views)

Governor Ortom Endorses Peter Obi, Says LP Candidate Can Deliver Nigeria (Video) / 2023: No Candidate Can Have A Landslide Victory - Aderogba Otunla(Photo, Trends) / "Atiku Can Unite Nigeria" - Wike And Atiku Reconcile Ahead Of 2023 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Presidential Candidate Can Unite Nigerians Again? by eodavids(m): 2:27pm On Aug 04, 2018
resurgent2019:
Maybe an Atiku? undecided

Turakin Adamawa is not bad.
But, The road leading to Adamawa from Gombe state is one of the worst roads in Nigeria and it was bad since the days of Atiku as VP to Obasanjo.

Plying the road daily results in people hurling curses on Atiku for not doing anything on the road when he had the number two slot.
The road is being worked on now, but no credit to Atiku but to Buhari.
2ndly, the Obasanjo blockade against Atiku is a big trouble that Atiku must resolve or forget the quest.
(Its my view though)
Re: Which Presidential Candidate Can Unite Nigerians Again? by BeeBeeOoh(m): 2:31pm On Aug 04, 2018
I think Tambuwal, Saraki, Donald Duke or Peter Obi can do it but, we are in country where people vote because the aspirant is of the same faith, ethnicity or region with the voter.

But, do you know that Thunder will fire Luggard and Shaw?
Re: Which Presidential Candidate Can Unite Nigerians Again? by eodavids(m): 2:42pm On Aug 04, 2018
BeeBeeOoh:
I think Tambuwal, Saraki, Donald Duke or Peter Obi can do it but, we are in country where people vote because the aspirant is of the same faith, ethnicity or region with the voter.

But, do you know that Thunder will fire Luggard and Shaw?

You really have a sense of humor grin

Save the thunder. Let's have a united Nigeria first
Re: Which Presidential Candidate Can Unite Nigerians Again? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Aug 04, 2018
resurgent2019:

The SW is not 67% muslim. Stop trying to instigate fear or disunity in the SW. If you can’t tolerate other Nigerians, that is your problem. Leave Yorubas alone. Na by force?

I will never instigate any....moreover u should have know am not interested in such....but I give my facts th way it is.....

Ekiti state is a typical example...am not a sadist nor a pdp apologist but someone in his right senses who thinks and takes his welfare at heart shouldn't have voted for apc in the first instance no matter the power of money....

it seems some set of people are new to Nigerian and if correct them they will tell u that west are sophisticated.......

To them buhari/fulani has done nothing wrong.......i wonder which people defends buhari most on this thread...

pls I don't instigate any....but I say it the way it is.
Re: Which Presidential Candidate Can Unite Nigerians Again? by BeeBeeOoh(m): 2:58pm On Aug 04, 2018
eodavids:

You really have a sense of humor grin

Save the thunder. Let's have a united Nigeria first
That will be good to unite Nigerians. But,

I wanna ask you something, "Do You See United Nigeria Under Buhari's Captainship?

1 Like

Re: Which Presidential Candidate Can Unite Nigerians Again? by eodavids(m): 3:12pm On Aug 04, 2018
BeeBeeOoh:
That will be good to unite Nigerians. But,

I wanna ask you something, "Do You See United Nigeria Under Buhari's Captainship?

Good question.
So far Buhari has done little or nothing in uniting Nigerians. That is why some tribe and their trade is made to look like a thing of special interest to the government. But all of that tribe are not like Buhari. There are many that are truly different.
Re: Which Presidential Candidate Can Unite Nigerians Again? by Nobody: 3:50pm On Aug 04, 2018
eodavids:

Your points are noted.
But, I want you to turn to your optimistic side of syllogism. The argument for a united Nigeria is where I stand because it is 100% possible.

You can change your stance the moment you look at the optimism side of the whole thing. Trust me on this: our problem is leadership, not ethnicity or religion.

From experience, the easiest people to lead in Nigeria are the Northerners. They easily believe what they are told, but if you deceive them once, they will be "...twice shy..."

I hold no grudge against Jonathan (GEJ) but I want you to imagine if the single tenure pre-2011 agreement was not broken in 2015.

Look, Nigeria has clocked 18 months since return to democracy in 1999, but the north has held power (presidency) for only 5years.
Now if the south shows enough sensitivity to this fact, it help all Nigerians.

As for the southwest, they are free to play politics as they deem fit. But remember, the southwesterners as well as southeasters are not unanimously in one party. They are present in the other parties. You need to think and come up with what convinces them to join the wider, better and more patriotic united Nigeria project.
That's what we need now.

United Nigeria project is a fraud and cannot stand...let's be truthful to ourselves.
Re: Which Presidential Candidate Can Unite Nigerians Again? by Nobody: 4:18pm On Aug 04, 2018
resurgent2019:

Just stop trying to sow dissension and disunity in the SW. Some of you might think because I speak up against extremism in Islam in yorubaland—that it means they threaten or outnumber Christians. That is far from the truth. By and large, we are still very united in yorubaland and the extremists are on the fringes of our society. If igbos cannot trust other Nigerians, no problem. But stop making unfounded assertions on the religious composition of yorubaland just to divide us. Stop it now!

am not doing any of these u accused me of and neither do my post points to any....

am just being plain with facts.
Re: Which Presidential Candidate Can Unite Nigerians Again? by Ttipsy(f): 5:00pm On Aug 04, 2018
eodavids:

On point.
Give us a name please
i don't really know, but illegal migration is common to Nigeria, and it should end

1 Like

Re: Which Presidential Candidate Can Unite Nigerians Again? by Chibuzoc(m): 5:01pm On Aug 04, 2018
Unity?

Hmm, we can only be united when a new constitution will be written, a constitution that will protect the lives of every citizen irrespective of tribe religion and sentiment. Not a constitution that harbors status quo

We will be united when our hearts are being circumcised (definitely not in this generation)

As of now it still remains All man for himself, God for All
Re: Which Presidential Candidate Can Unite Nigerians Again? by Ttipsy(f): 6:15pm On Aug 04, 2018
eodavids:

Turakin Adamawa is not bad.
But, The road leading to Adamawa from Gombe state is one of the worst roads in Nigeria and it was bad since the days of Atiku as VP to Obasanjo.

Plying the road daily results in people hurling curses on Atiku for not doing anything on the road when he had the number two slot.
The road is being worked on now, but no credit to Atiku but to Buhari.
2ndly, the Obasanjo blockade against Atiku is a big trouble that Atiku must resolve or forget the quest.
(Its my view though)
what is this one saying? we're talking about who can unite Nigeria, your talking about road.. have sence na
Re: Which Presidential Candidate Can Unite Nigerians Again? by eodavids(m): 6:44pm On Aug 04, 2018
Ttipsy:
what is this one saying? we're talking about who can unite Nigeria, your talking about road.. have sence na

Here is the sense:
The person to unite Nigerians must be able to win the support of majority of Nigerians, and that includes most importantly, his state.

Do you hold the view that if Atiku is not accepted at home, it matters nothing?
Re: Which Presidential Candidate Can Unite Nigerians Again? by Ttipsy(f): 9:04pm On Aug 04, 2018
eodavids:

Here is the sense:
The person to unite Nigerians must be able to win the support of majority of Nigerians, and that includes most importantly, his state.

Do you hold the view that if Atiku is not accepted at home, it matters nothing?
you guys are just spilling trash.. weather or not he wins at his home town it doesn't matter OK. it might not even be Atiku. my suggestion is anyone who can unify Nigeria and end the incessant illegal migration esp at our Northern border is what we need now. unity and securing our borders are most vital..

1 Like

Re: Which Presidential Candidate Can Unite Nigerians Again? by OnyeOGA(m): 11:03pm On Aug 04, 2018
ANY PROBLEM?
Re: Which Presidential Candidate Can Unite Nigerians Again? by eodavids(m): 4:14pm On Aug 05, 2018
Ttipsy:
you guys are just spilling trash.. weather or not he wins at his home town it doesn't matter OK. it might not even be Atiku. my suggestion is anyone who can unify Nigeria and end the incessant illegal migration esp at our Northern border is what we need now. unity and securing our borders are most vital..

You have hit the nail rightly

1 Like

Re: Which Presidential Candidate Can Unite Nigerians Again? by CharleyBright(m): 4:21pm On Aug 05, 2018
Donald Duke.
Beyond uniting the country, he has the ability of reviving the economy and transforming the country

1 Like

Re: Which Presidential Candidate Can Unite Nigerians Again? by budaatum: 5:35pm On Aug 05, 2018
The disunity of Nigeria is in the minds of it's people. You can't have a united Nigeria if you all hate and distrust the tribes and religions of others.

Clean your hearts and minds of the bigotry in them and you'd all be united. Only you can unite Nigeria!
Re: Which Presidential Candidate Can Unite Nigerians Again? by eodavids(m): 5:36pm On Aug 05, 2018
budaatum:
The disunity of Nigeria is in the minds of it's people. You can't have a united Nigeria if you all hate and distrust the tribes and religions of others.

Clean your hearts and minds of the bigotry in them and you'd all be united. Only you can unite Nigeria!

You are on point
Re: Which Presidential Candidate Can Unite Nigerians Again? by eodavids(m): 5:37pm On Aug 05, 2018
CharleyBright:
Donald Duke.
Beyond uniting the country, he has the ability of reviving the economy and transforming the country

OK, Duke is getting more popular
Re: Which Presidential Candidate Can Unite Nigerians Again? by eodavids(m): 6:03pm On Aug 05, 2018
Ttipsy:

Worry not.

If Atiku emerges as the candidate who can unite Nigerians again, I will support him and campaign for him.
Nigeria and the uniting of North+South+ALL is sacrosanct and above personal sentiment

(1) (2) (Reply)

African American Woman Disgusted And Ashamed Of The Filth Called Lagos Airport / Breaking News: INEC Chairman Prof. Mahmood Yakubu Has Finally Stepped Down. / Prophet Temitope Aduroja Releases 28 Shocking Prophecies For 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.