Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,874 members, 7,806,502 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:28 PM

So What's With This Rumours About Yorubas I've Been Hearing. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / So What's With This Rumours About Yorubas I've Been Hearing. (1068 Views)

Was The US Army Handbook Right About Yorubas, Igbos, And Hausas In 1964? / Is This True About Yorubas / What Igbo People Like About Yorubas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

So What's With This Rumours About Yorubas I've Been Hearing. by sherlock229(m): 7:43pm On Aug 04, 2018
yorubas were originally from Togo/benin and were assimilated into Nigeria by colonialist.

so is it true? probably a myth spread by yoruba haters.
right?
Re: So What's With This Rumours About Yorubas I've Been Hearing. by Sinistami(m): 12:48pm On Aug 05, 2018
Firstly That is just stupid. secondly aren't these countries just modern day boundaries. Yoruba's are found in both Togo Benin and Nigeria. they lands are found in this places. This is just like a thread where a delta guy I think Isoko was saying that Delta Igbo's should go back to the east because they were forcefully moved to delta LOL Stupid.
Re: So What's With This Rumours About Yorubas I've Been Hearing. by FisifunKododada: 3:17am On Aug 07, 2018
Yoruba ancestors were very adventurous so the empire emanated from Oyo and extended throughout West Africa to include Benin, Togo and even some parts of Ghana. This is surprising to people whose ancestors were lazy like the Yibows. That is why the ONLY geographical legacy they have is 5 landlocked erosion gully ridden potorpotor states.

4 Likes

Re: So What's With This Rumours About Yorubas I've Been Hearing. by Sleekfingers: 5:21am On Aug 11, 2018
sherlock229:
yorubas were originally from Togo/benin and were assimilated into Nigeria by colonialist.

so is it true? probably a myth spread by yoruba haters.
right?

Why not go and read your history book.
Re: So What's With This Rumours About Yorubas I've Been Hearing. by Sleekfingers: 5:23am On Aug 11, 2018
FisifunKododada:
Yoruba ancestors were very adventurous so the empire emanated from Oyo and extended throughout West Africa to include Benin, Togo and even some parts of Ghana. This is surprising to people whose ancestors were lazy like the Yibows. That is why the ONLY geographical legacy they have is 5 landlocked erosion gully ridden potorpotor states.

Ha! You dey vex o

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Ihiala Royal Family Rejects Governor's Monarch (see Pix) / Moro: Ogun Town Where Residents Bathe Once In 10 Days, Wash Clothes Twice In Six / The Paternity Of A Child In Igboland, DNA, Or No. DNA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.