Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,072 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:27 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 - Travel (239) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 (906644 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) ... (612) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by clock89: 3:49pm On Sep 07, 2018
Chik14:
Thank you but are we to collect any evidence of biometrics done frm the VFS office or this is updated frm their end 1ce we do the biometrics. Thank you.

You will be given a slip attached to a time stamped photocopy of your passport. You are to bring this when submitting your passport i.e after PPR mail drops
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by joo2018: 3:53pm On Sep 07, 2018
Have you done the biometrics? Can you share your experience?
clock89:

You will be given a slip attached to a time stamped photocopy of your passport. You are to bring this when submitting your passport i.e after PPR mail drops
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Losami(m): 4:02pm On Sep 07, 2018
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Jbelieve: 4:05pm On Sep 07, 2018
Please help me with this question.

I intend to use only one NOC which is under my present work experience and not include my NYSC experience because i don't have any reference from the company. However, the question in personal history says that don't leave any gaps in time.
If i don't include my NYSC there will be a gap of over a year.

How should i handle this because i cant get reference letter from that company and i cant lay my hands on my acceptance letter.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by joo2018: 4:17pm On Sep 07, 2018
The reference letter is relevant primarily for work experience that you are claiming points for. For personal history, be as factual as you can. LVO seems to be the only VO that sometimes disturb for evidence of items under personal history.
Jbelieve:
Please help me with this question.

I intend to use only one NOC which is under my present work experience and not include my NYSC experience because i don't have any reference from the company. However, the question in personal history says that don't leave any gaps in time.
If i don't include my NYSC there will be a gap of over a year.

How should i handle this because i cant get reference letter from that company and i cant lay my hands on my acceptance letter.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by clock89: 4:19pm On Sep 07, 2018
joo2018:
Have you done the biometrics? Can you share your experience?

Yes I have, it’s pretty straightforward actually.
You get the Biometrics Instructions Letter same time as your medical passed status.

You will need to book an appointment at VFS for Biometrics (you can book one same day - I used the Lagos VFS in lekki)
You’ll need to take the VFS appointment letter, the Biometrics letter, your passport and two copies of your passport data page.

The Canadian VFS is on the first floor
An agent will check your docs and assign you a tally, once your tally is called you will go in for your Biometrics (basically they take your photo and fingerprints)

You will then be given a slip and asked to bring it along when you come back to submit your passport.

N.B The Biometrics status on your profile will be updated to “Completed” in a couple of hours

39 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Debsify: 4:27pm On Sep 07, 2018
clock89:

You get the Biometrics Instructions Letter same time as your medical passed status.

You will need to book an appointment at VFS for Biometrics (you can book one same day - I used the Lagos VFS in lekki)
You’ll need to take the VFS appointment letter, the Biometrics letter, your passport and two copies of your passport data page.

The Canadian VFS is on the first floor
An agent will check your docs and assign you a tally, once your tally is called you will go in for your Biometrics (basically they take your photo and fingerprints)

You will then be given a slip and asked to bring it along when you come back to submit your passport.

So from my understanding vfs is only in Lagos and Abuja, people like me that stay in ph will have to keep going to Lagos for biometrics and ppr stage?! That's some stress

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Hephgirl: 4:30pm On Sep 07, 2018
stonecoldcafe:
I only accessed by masters using Wes but I've always had it in mind to someday (before travelling) access my degree for employment reasons/quest to further my education in Canada.

Unfortunately I can't deal with the current WES WAEC wahala so I'm thinking of going with iqas.
Question-would I be able to use iqas evaluation for further studies in Canada?

I read somewhere its only WES that does course by course evaluation. @glitteringstar, ysteh, newmum0615 and all. Any idea? Please help clarify.

PS: Degree na Bachelor of Laws (LLB)
u know I am as wondering same too... Mention me when u get a response
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Jbelieve: 4:33pm On Sep 07, 2018
joo2018:
The reference letter is relevant primarily for work experience that you are claiming points for. For personal history, be as factual as you can. LVO seems to be the only VO that sometimes disturb for evidence of items under personal history.

Ok thanks. I just want to clarify, so if i put in the details for NYSC experience, I don't have to bother about back up i.e. the employment or reference letter.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Hephgirl: 4:34pm On Sep 07, 2018
stonecoldcafe:
I only accessed by masters using Wes but I've always had it in mind to someday (before travelling) access my degree for employment reasons/quest to further my education in Canada.

Unfortunately I can't deal with the current WES WAEC wahala so I'm thinking of going with iqas.

I read somewhere its only WES that does course by course evaluation. @glitteringstar, ysteh, newmum0615 and all. Any idea? Please help clarify.

PS: Degree na Bachelor of Laws (LLB)
Mayb u shld check this link out

https://www.alberta.ca/iqas-for-organizations.aspx

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by exquisef: 4:35pm On Sep 07, 2018
when was your AOR pls?
clock89:

N.B The Biometrics status on your profile will be updated to “Completed” in a couple of hours

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by jhoci: 4:36pm On Sep 07, 2018
You need to submit a birth certificate if you are claiming points for having a sibling in Canada. I thought I needed the attestation but later found out my birth certificate would suffice. So I didn't bother doing the attestation, especially as I knew I was going to be extorted.

Debsify:

Is this for dependants/children? Because I didn't know CIC needed birth certificate for EE.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by clock89: 4:42pm On Sep 07, 2018
exquisef:
when was your AOR pls?
August 2.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by exquisef: 4:50pm On Sep 07, 2018
okay thank you. what of date medical was passed?? just trying to know how many days it took.
clock89:

August 2.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by joo2018: 4:50pm On Sep 07, 2018
My 2cents. If you can, get the backup and keep, otherwise don't sweat it as long as you are not claiming points from it.
Jbelieve:

Ok thanks. I just want to clarify, so if i put in the details for NYSC experience, I don't have to bother about back up i.e. the employment or reference letter.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by stonecoldcafe: 4:52pm On Sep 07, 2018
Hephgirl:

Mayb u shld check this link out

https://www.alberta.ca/iqas-for-organizations.aspx
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Ramj: 4:54pm On Sep 07, 2018
[.

Unfortunate quote author=stonecoldcafe post=70989380]I ly I can't deal with the current WES WAEC wahala so I'm thinking of going with iqas.

I y.

PS: Degree na Bachelor of Laws (LLB)[/quote]

This WAEC verification is not as hard as people make it out.

It can even be done for you by someone in Lagos.
Just get Affidavit of Result verification,
Photocopy of result
Attestation of result (For Oct/Nov Candidates)
2 Passports
2 Envelopes
10k for Processing
9-10k for courier

it gets to WES in less than 2 weeks and WES verification is done via email.

PS - Did mine last Monday, it got to Canada today.

Also WAEC verification closes by 1pm

Je m'appelle Ramj

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by futureenergy: 4:55pm On Sep 07, 2018
Debsify:

So from my understanding vfs is only in Lagos and Abuja, people like me that stay in ph will have to keep going to Lagos for biometrics and ppr stage?! That's some stress

And medicals as well.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by joo2018: 4:59pm On Sep 07, 2018
Yeah, the whole process is really stressful and expensive, but gotta keep eye on the goal.
futureenergy:

And medicals as well.
Debsify:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by clock89: 5:17pm On Sep 07, 2018
exquisef:
okay thank you. what of date medical was passed?? just trying to know how many days it took.
It took 27 days. Not to worry, the delay is common to Nigerian applications ( and all countries that require Biometrics )

They are currently processing medicals for Aug 4 AOR FYI.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Debsify: 5:32pm On Sep 07, 2018
joo2018:
Yeah, the whole process is really stressful and expensive, but gotta keep eye on the goal.

It's well oh
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Debsify: 5:34pm On Sep 07, 2018
futureenergy:

And medicals as well.
Medicals can be done outside Lagos and Abuja, but since PCC is done in alagbon Lagos, it's best to do everything in Lagos.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Debsify: 5:35pm On Sep 07, 2018
jhoci:
You need to submit a birth certificate if you are claiming points for having a sibling in Canada. I thought I needed the attestation but later found out my birth certificate would suffice. So I didn't bother doing the attestation, especially as I knew I was going to be extorted.

Oh I see
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by joo2018: 5:41pm On Sep 07, 2018
The bolded, not anymore: http://www.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx
Debsify:

Medicals can be done outside Lagos and Abuja, but since PCC is done in alagbon Lagos, it's best to do everything in Lagos.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Tojued: 5:54pm On Sep 07, 2018
Debsify:

No more medicals in port Harcourt for now
PCC can be done in police HQ abuja and basically from anywhere on earth (courier)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Tojued: 5:56pm On Sep 07, 2018
joo2018:
The bolded, not anymore: http://www.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx

The list has really been streamlined. Process really getting more tedious by the day.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by ennygal: 6:11pm On Sep 07, 2018
Good evening house! Can i evaluate my Cambridge A-level results or evaluate a masters degree that is still on-going(not yet completed). I need more points please. Thanks in advance
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by MummyJaygirls: 6:24pm On Sep 07, 2018
ennygal:
Good evening house! Can i evaluate my Cambridge A-level results or evaluate a masters degree that is still on-going(not yet completed). I need more points please. Thanks in advance

no vex o, how will u evaluate a result wey no get result?

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by psquaree: 6:26pm On Sep 07, 2018
Good day house,

Please i have a disturbing issue. I got a mail now from WES. I tried to evaluate my ATS result and go this mail.

Degree Certificate/Statement of Result | Not Accepted

Reason: WES received your document, but it was not sent directly from the appropriate examining body or institution that awarded your degree/diploma.

Instructions: Please ask the institution that awarded your qualification or the appropriate examining body to send your academic documents to WES in a sealed envelope that is stamped or signed across the back flap by the appropriate official. If you have already contacted the appropriate body, no action is necessary at this time. Refer to Required Documents.

My ATS certificate shows that it is from ABWA. I really dont know what to do please help out anyone.

Thanks

Talkingboy:
Good morning all .

I have been battling with WES for some time now (Since 2017) , and I need some help .

I have Bsc and ATS/AAT from Ican and I got my ECA Report in July 2018. All necessary correspondences were sent to Wes by Ican and they (Wes) confirmed receipt and verification of Docs/certificate. To my surprise , the ican credential was no where to be found on the ECA Report .

I made this known to them and they requested my certificate again. I did send it to dem and they've been saying nonsense since. The below response was what they sent to me yesterday .

Dear Mr. Talkingboy,

Thank you for contacting us with your concerns.

We reviewed your evaluation report and confirmed that it is correct.

World Education Services (WES) does not evaluate study from The Association of Accountancy Bodies in West Africa (AATWA). If you wish to have your Accounting Technician Certificate (ATC) included in your already completed evaluation report, please submit a copy of your certificate as issued by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN). Upon receipt of the ICAN certificate, WES will review and update the report as warranted.

We would like to emphasize that WES evaluations are advisory opinions and not binding upon any institution or organization.

Sincerely,

Director of Evaluations

The certificate ICAN gave me was what I have been sending to them since and they keep rejecting it . Do they want me to goan manufacture cert in OLUWOLE ni ? because I don't know what to do again .

Is there any Post 2013 AAT holder that has successfully crossed this hurdle ?

NB: I picked ICAN as d issuing body and not ABWA when I was filling d form.

Help Biko . Thank you .

Cc All Melarose Justintrudeau WhizzyG
Ij1000 Safex Bumea

sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Newmum0615: 6:48pm On Sep 07, 2018
My brother will claim points from me being a PR. So na evidence we dey gather. PS: I did mine for 4k in Lagos. But na 'by connection' as we say in Nigeria.
intswagga:
Is there a new policy for age?
you people that are going to National population Commission for attestation should come and explain
cause am rather perplexed to whats going on.. sad

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by sosasatire(m): 6:58pm On Sep 07, 2018
[quote author=joo2018 post=70977579]Self Employed Person Program is different from Express Entry. You must be in entertainment or sports. In addition to the POF, did you submit the other documents required?

Yes all documents has been submitted and I am waiting for the 30 days check
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by ennygal: 7:06pm On Sep 07, 2018
MummyJaygirls:

no vex o, how will u evaluate a result wey no get result?
I needed a suggestion whether i could get a report from the postgraduate school. What about the Cambridge result, cani evaluate it

(1) (2) (3) ... (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) ... (612)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.