Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,431 members, 7,800,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:41 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 - Travel (385) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 (904413 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) ... (612) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Homguy(m): 2:27pm On Oct 09, 2018
Fadia:
You don't need the hard copy to submit your application. I only collected the soft copy and that's what I uploaded.

thanks. Can I get the hard copy and scan same? As I have already printed the hardcopy.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Fadia: 2:29pm On Oct 09, 2018
AOR - September 9th
IP2 - September 9th
MEP/Biometrics - October 4th
Biometrics Completed - October 4th

Still on IP2.

I got my "How to get a job" email when I created my EE Profile.

clock89:
My timeline for reference;
AOR- Aug 2
Fake IP2 - Aug 2
MEP/Biometrics - Aug 27
Biometrics Completed - Aug 28
IP1/RPRF Request/How to get a Job.. - Sep 27
RPRF paid - Sep 27
ADR changed to Not applicable - Sep 28

Real IP2 - ??

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Fadia: 2:31pm On Oct 09, 2018
I guess you can, just make sure it is clear enough

Homguy:
thanks. Can I get the hard copy and scan same? As I have already printed the hardcopy.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by smslive2: 2:38pm On Oct 09, 2018
Let me try and answer to the best of my knowledge...

1. You can use the IELTS General u used for UK Visa, however, be sure to get ITA and AOR before the expiry date. I think it would be locked after that date so you might not need to write again. (Please seek further clarification on this)
2. POF: I would suggest you use both sources of funds...

3. You can request fr one work reference letter but make sure you check that both job roles are in the required job skill level (O, A or B)

4. Medicals, I would advise you book your appointment now considering you have a limited time to submit your application due to your IELTS expiry date, there is currently a long wait time for medical appointments in Nigeria now. If you are in the UK, i think wait times for Visa Medicals is still 1month, so either way, you need to act fast!

5. Amen to your prayers

nomad26:
My fellow future Canadians cheesy I am just starting the EE journey and I would really appreciate if the gurus could take a look at my plan and give advice.

I am married (we are both 33yo with no children) and we plan to immigrate together to Canada by God's grace. Our CRS currently stands at 442.

IELTS - I plan to use an existing IELTS general that I wrote for UK Visa. Please will this be okay? My score was L-9, R-9, W-7.5, S-7.5. However it expires first week of December and I really hope we can get ITA and submit e-APR by then so I don't have to write it again o. Is this a realistic target?

My partner will write IELTS in a few weeks to boost our score (already booked) and hopefully get his result by early Nov.

ECA - I have MSc and partner has BSc. We have already started the evaluation process with ICES (shout out to you guys for the tip!) & our transcripts have been received from our universities. Hoping we can get the ECAs by early Nov.

POF - I need advice on this one o. We currently have the required funds in a joint account by depositing money from our individual salary account last month. So we have only had the money there for just a month. I don't know if this is acceptable for POF. The other alternative is to use a cash fund that I have with my employer (similar to what Indians call provident fund). The money will be paid to me in full lump-sum when I leave the company. The amount meets the POF requirement too and I think I can get a letter from my employer to back this up.
Should I use both options, just to be on the safe side? Please advise me o.

Work reference letter - I have only worked for one company but there was a break in my employment e.g. 2014-2016 working in Nigeria,2017 personal leave, 2018 working in UK for the same company but with a different job title. I want to claim 3+ years of experience so I am planning to request for just one reference letter that will state all the job titles I have had with dates and the r&r. Will this be acceptable?

PCC - in progress

Medicals - planning to do this as soon as we get ITA.

Thanks everyone, God will favour us all o!!

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by 30watts: 2:41pm On Oct 09, 2018
Thank you.

jholarharde:

for 1. I don't think you need to go back to unilag since the transcript has been sent before
for 2. I will leave it to d ancestors cheesy

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Pegzzyg(f): 3:05pm On Oct 09, 2018
Xbature, maybe you should read Newmum's posts so your mind can be calm, she used similar & its fine from what I have been reading here, still in preliminary stage myself though but from all I have read, you're good to go.
Xbature:

So I should just take the letter, and hope this will not affect the funds required for settlement in Canada? If u advise this then I should be ok, except if anyone has a contrary and superior evidenced based argument.

Thanks thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Ifeoma77(f): 3:14pm On Oct 09, 2018
Homguy:
GOOD day fam, I am at studio 24 and they are charging a a bill of 1,500 naira for soft copy and 1,500 for hard copy. Which is advisable? Do I pay for only soft copy or is the hardcopy better? I intend scanning the hardcopy though as I cannot pay for both.
Take only the hardcopy, use it for COPR
You can scan the hardcopy and use that.
Heck you can use your phone and snap yourself for the eapr picture
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by stonecoldcafe: 3:18pm On Oct 09, 2018
lowla1:
Paid 25k....then 4k for email verification

Thank you. I got a quote for 27,000 plus for transcript alone minus mobilization fee. Just wanted to ensure I was on track
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Sucreklint: 3:22pm On Oct 09, 2018
God bless you all FAM..pls I need help.my hubby wants to remove the middle name on his passport and add the one his certificate bears, at the point of renewal because it has expired, how can we get it done, or should he just swear a one and the same person affidavit, get a change of name and the rest and use it to apply that way, will it cause problems for us?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Newmum0615: 3:25pm On Oct 09, 2018
Fadia:
You don't need the hard copy to submit your application. I only collected the soft copy and that's what I uploaded.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Newmum0615: 3:27pm On Oct 09, 2018
Take the soft copy only if you must. You can even use your phone to take the pic, the you resize accordingly.
I pray your PPR doesn't take 6 months to come. I had to take another pix when it was time for passport submission and would likely take another one for PR card cos the second one will expire by the time I land. You can always snap again and take the hard copy when you want to submit your passport and probably use it if you are landing soon after COPR collection.
Homguy:
GOOD day fam, I am at studio 24 and they are charging a a bill of 1,500 naira for soft copy and 1,500 for hard copy. Which is advisable? Do I pay for only soft copy or is the hardcopy better? I intend scanning the hardcopy though as I cannot pay for both.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by iaatmguy(m): 3:40pm On Oct 09, 2018
bankee:

My person, I know how you feel, just a few days ago, I was in your shoes...I started since April.
The email server crashed end of July and has been back up since August 2.

Mrs Kaka ,although she doesnt picks calls has been most helpful. I had to travel down las las myself to go speak to her and she was very helpful, I made her check junk, spam, quoted dates that WES sent etc.

it was not there!

Meanwhile , Mrs Kaka receives and responds to loads of WES related emails daily. I met them working on it. I hear she even attends to them late in the nights due to the time difference.

Anyways, I went back to WES. called them on phone, emailed them on contact us.

I asked them to check the email they used to send to OOU, they told me they were not obliged to receive the email from me due to fraud but I suspect that helped as I told them to check other correspondences with OOU, it was only after this time, did WES send a 3rd email (september that finally went through to Mrs Kaka email.

Question: so what happened to the other ones?
Is it possible that WES staff made an error in copying out the email from the transcript?

Dont wait for that their 7 weeks story oh...dont dull!

I event
with all these testimonies i am reading here, i am getting scared. i am at Verification stage. please, can you give me her contact to do the following up ? Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Homguy(m): 3:45pm On Oct 09, 2018
Newmum0615:
Take the soft copy only if you must. You can even use your phone to take the pic, the you resize accordingly.
I pray your PPR doesn't take 6 months to come. I had to take another pix when it was time for passport submission and would likely take another one for PR card cos the second one will expire by the time I land. You can always snap again and take the hard copy when you want to submit your passport and probably use it if you are landing soon after COPR collection.
Ifeoma77 , Fadia

Thanks all. I eventually got both. It was really a rip-off.

Thanks again.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Desdes: 3:56pm On Oct 09, 2018
Good afternoon,av not heard from u regarding d q-life medical slot, pls I pmed u already
ArcUgo:
I have a slot fomily of 4 at Qlife on October 17th.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by vickyehi: 3:58pm On Oct 09, 2018
veleta:

Type ICES ECA evaluation and detailed process pops out.However,click on *apply now*, fill in your details,your reference number with A000.....,will be displayed,take note of that then after filling it,scan and upload original B.sc or whatever degree you have in coloured as well as your international passport.There is a placeholder for each document.Of you are married,upload your marriage certificate in the placeholder for*others* this is important to prove the reason for discrepancy for the names in your certificate and international passport.

Go ahead to make payment with debit card as it is accepted notwithstanding their website specifically said only credit card is accepted.Courier fee for Canadian address is $26 while international address is$75.

Then for official transcript,your school *must* send it to ICES through the school's official email address or they can courier it to ICES.Official school email address should not be yahoo or gmail.

I would suggest you follow up with your school so that once the transcript is ready,you can create an ICES acccount,submit then send the reference no to your school to submit the next day or so.

They only send acknowledgement of documents,and completion of ECA to your email or you can log in to your account to see it too.

Once your school sends your transcript to ICES,send them a mail to confirm receipt and you will get response within 48 hrs.Goodluck guys.

The whole process was 5weeks.
Ok....#pined

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Sucreklint: 4:24pm On Oct 09, 2018
Somebody help plsssssssss
Sucreklint:
God bless you all FAM..pls I need help.my hubby wants to remove the middle name on his passport and add the one his certificate bears, at the point of renewal because it has expired, how can we get it done, or should he just swear a one and the same person affidavit, get a change of name and the rest and use it to apply that way, will it cause problems for us?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by CanadianNaija: 4:24pm On Oct 09, 2018
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by CanadianNaija: 4:25pm On Oct 09, 2018
AOR - August 24th
MEP- Sep 19th
Biometric Letter- Sept 19th
Biometric done- Sept 24th
Biometric completed on profile - Sept 24th

I don’t know what IP stage I’m at, but I attached a screen shot of my profile.

I wonder when PPR will come, but I’m tired of the wait.

I’m always refreshing my emails and trekking all over the internet looking for Aug 24th AOR news.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by smslive2: 4:31pm On Oct 09, 2018
This is currently IP2... If it remains like this, then PPR is closer than ever however, most cases it reverses back to IP1. So kneel and pray harder
There is a WhatsApp group for Nigeria August AOR... PM me if you are not in the group yet and interested...

CanadianNaija:
AOR - August 24th
MEP- Sep 19th
Biometric Letter- Sept 19th
Biometric done- Sept 24th
Biometric completed on profile - Sept 24th

I don’t know what IP stage I’m at, but I attached a screen shot of my profile.

I wonder when PPR will come, but I’m tired of the wait.

I’m always refreshing my emails and trekking all over the internet looking for Aug 24th AOR news.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 4:47pm On Oct 09, 2018
Please guys I need your help urgently
I have a problem with my passport, the year of birth is incorrect. Would an affidavit be OK for it?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by ArcUgo(m): 4:49pm On Oct 09, 2018
I responded immediately I saw it. Kindly check your mail
Desdes:
Good afternoon,av not heard from u regarding d q-life medical slot, pls I pmed u already
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by nomad26: 4:56pm On Oct 09, 2018
@Smslive2, thanks a lot for your response, it gives me reassurance that I am on the right path. Yes, both roles still fall under skill level A.
And as you've advised, we will book medicals asap. Thanks again!

smslive2:
Let me try and answer to the best of my knowledge...

1. You can use the IELTS General u used for UK Visa, however, be sure to get ITA and AOR before the expiry date. I think it would be locked after that date so you might not need to write again. (Please seek further clarification on this)
2. POF: I would suggest you use both sources of funds...

3. You can request fr one work reference letter but make sure you check that both job roles are in the required job skill level (O, A or B)

4. Medicals, I would advise you book your appointment now considering you have a limited time to submit your application due to your IELTS expiry date, there is currently a long wait time for medical appointments in Nigeria now. If you are in the UK, i think wait times for Visa Medicals is still 1month, so either way, you need to act fast!

5. Amen to your prayers

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by missyou2: 5:01pm On Oct 09, 2018
Hi guys,
Please advise me. I will submit my we application this week. However, I will travelling out of Nigeria for over a month from early om the trends, I see that Biometrics is requested after 3weeks+.
1. Should I inform CIC in low during sunmission of my intended travel or I should inform them after I have submitted.
2. Can biometrics be done in another country (Africa)
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by missyou2: 5:02pm On Oct 09, 2018
Hi guys,
Please advise me. I will submit my EE application this week. However, I will be travelling out of Nigeria for over a month from early Nov. From the trends, I see that Biometrics is requested after 3weeks+.
1. Should I inform CIC in low during sunmission of my intended travel or I should inform them after I have submitted.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by missyou2: 5:05pm On Oct 09, 2018
missyou2:
Hi guys,
Please advise me. I will submit my EE application this week. However, I will be travelling out of Nigeria for over a month from early Nov. From the trends, I see that Biometrics is requested after 3weeks+.
1. Should I inform CIC in loe during sunmission of my intended travel or I should inform them after I have submitted.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 5:11pm On Oct 09, 2018
pyruvateluv:
Please guys I need your help urgently
I have a problem with my passport, the year of birth is incorrect. Would an affidavit be OK for it?

Someone should help biko
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by sholly2017: 5:15pm On Oct 09, 2018
ontarioissauga:

Check your mailbox. I wrote you last.
sorry that inbox is not functioning u can email me
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by purplerain(f): 5:16pm On Oct 09, 2018
Hi All.

Long post alert!

Its PPR guys. Yes o, after 7 months, London VO has freed me.
AOR: 4 March 2018
MEP: 13 March 2018
ADR 1: 19 Sep 2018
ADR 2: 2 Oct 2018
RPRF : 5 Oct 2018
IP2 : 9 Oct 2018
PPR: 9 Oct 2018.

In January 2018, Hubs and I decided to apply for Canadian PPR. I am the primary applicant, and I have a foreign masters degree, so WES evaluation was pretty easy.
A day after we entered the pool, we received our ITA.
I always knew our application would get sent to London. It was a feeling i couldnt shake.
On 21-Mar 2018, i got a "how to get a job in canada email".
Chai, i knew we had entered 1 chance grin

I called hubby and told him my worst fears had come true. But he was still trying to give me hope. The email is not a guarantee of transfer to London. I said ok o..make we dey see.

In May 2018, we called IRCC, and they confirmed that in deed on that day, our file was transferred to LVO.

July 2018, i sent LVO an email, asking for an update on my application, their response was i was in a queue waiting review.

Sept 4 2018, exactly 6 months after AOR, i sent Ralph an email. Asking for an update. He responded that although my file was initially reviewed on 7-Aug, nothing had been started.

Chai!!!! 6 months, nothing. I wont lie, I cried.

19-Sep-18: LVO sent me 8 ADR requests. Yes, O, 8!!!!!

We compiled and submitted everything on 25 of Sept.

2 of Oct, another ADR. This time, 1 year bank statement for my salary account.

We submitted the one i generated from mobile app, including reference letter from the bank, 12 months payslip, and updated POF. (the last 3 were to be sure they had everything o).

On 5-Oct, we received RPRF request. That day, i knew it was only a matter of time.
Family members were already dancing and jubilating o..Hubs and I were still waiting for PPR, before we dance sha.

12pm today, it came o....

Finally!!!!

Please help me thank God o. He has been in charge from the get go.

Did i mention that the second ADR came from Lagos office.. Yes o, Lagos immigration.

Only God knows how and when Lagos became involved in my case.

It sha ended in praise!!!.

98 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Fadia: 5:22pm On Oct 09, 2018
Please is there one for Nigeria September AOR?

smslive2:
This is currently IP2... If it remains like this, then PPR is closer than ever however, most cases it reverses back to IP1. So kneel and pray harder
There is a WhatsApp group for Nigeria August AOR... PM me if you are not in the group yet and interested...

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by OYASALOF(f): 5:24pm On Oct 09, 2018
Congratulations

[quote author=purplerain post=71932734]Hi All.

Long post alert!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Fadia: 5:26pm On Oct 09, 2018
Congratulations!!

purplerain:
Hi All.

Long post alert!

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Zeiya(f): 5:28pm On Oct 09, 2018
Congrats @Purplerain.

(1) (2) (3) ... (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) ... (612)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.