Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,134 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:43 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 - Travel (398) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 (906662 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) ... (612) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Peterolums(m): 1:13pm On Oct 11, 2018
Hi
Zeiya:

Evaluate only your masters degree for this process. I used less than 20k to process my transcript ( including my student's copy) no verification fee. UI postgraduate is very organised, it will be faster if you have someone there to push things.

You can send your MSc. certificate directly to WES using hellofax.

Yes, it is a must to verify your waec now, it is straightforward too, just search for the posts here on Nairaland.

Yes, you can get everything done within 2months.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by TEECANN: 1:13pm On Oct 11, 2018
suzzyallen:

Pls other suggestions on the above issue is highly appreciated.

Congrats @suzzyallen.

Your matter is not hard at all.

Reach out to the Local VO stamping you and copy CIC HO (preferably email...do a detailed email explaining your circumstance(just say that the family has a firm travel plan for so so date with tickets already bought..add the tickets as evidence in attachment). Do a follow call up in if you can to CIC and local stamping VO) and seek for stamping request be moved to Sydney, Australia.

Do the request email early now...as in now! Don't delay.

I'm almost 97% sure, the family will get stamped in Sydney VO.

In the alternative, if your Australian arrival time is still within the 15 days window, then do an express courier of the passports to your stamping VO. (It won't take courier more than 4 days max to get from anywhere in the world to anywhere else in the world)- Not sure about this though..ask around whether you can boycott VSF global Lagos by sending your passport to Accra VO directly from abroad.

Fret not, we have seen similar scenarios here...PPR came, husband schooling in Australia and wife somewhere else. They got CIC exemption to get stamped separately in the nearest VOs to them. No big deal.

Congratulations once again on your double blessings. Go and flourish wherever you eventually choose to settle. That which you choose shall be your Goshen.

It will all end in praise IJN!

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by orenishii: 1:25pm On Oct 11, 2018
gaths:
PPR!!! PPR!! PPR!!!

AOR: 9th July
MEP/IP1: 25th July
IP2: 6th Oct
PPR: Dated 9th OCT but arrived on the 10th.

Big congrats to you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Expectantbee: 1:27pm On Oct 11, 2018
trishachi:

For our COPR recipients in the house, kindly try this link for the In-TAC virtual job fair with Canadian employers coming up this October 18th and 19th.

https://www.in-tac-expo.com/

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Xbature: 1:35pm On Oct 11, 2018
Hello house, while filling my ITA form update to submit i saw this question under travel history. the question is
"Provide details of any trips ------- has taken outside his/her country of origin or of residence in the last ten years (or since his/her 18th birthday if this was less than ten years ago). Include all trips: tourism, business, training, etc.
Has ------------, and if applicable, --------------- family members taken any trips outside their country of origin or of residence in the last ten years (or since their 18th birthday if this was less than ten years ago). Include all trips: tourism, business, training, etc. (required)"

I answered NO, though my spouse has traveled for training before (Which was already stated in the part of my spouse personal history), and also my parents and siblings have traveled in and out of Nigeria, and it has appeared some where in the application. My question now is that should i state all this their travel waka or i should explain in LOE that though me have not traveled o, but my siblings have and some of them are residing out of the country.

Any answer will help. I just tire and i wan submit this thing and then move on abeg.
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Omzyj: 1:38pm On Oct 11, 2018
Majesticniyi:

PM me for a contact

I’m trying to PM you but it’s saying i should wait cos I’ve sent a lot of messages. Please can you initiate the PM chat? Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Milllz: 1:38pm On Oct 11, 2018
234GG:
Mine is not the case at all oo...
My biometric information, that is enrollment date and expiry was updated almost immediately after the capture too.

But that was all since then.
The Application step for Biometrics still remains what it was even before capturing.

Any advice on what I should do?

Bro, any update on your status yet? Have you done anything about it?

I seem to be stuck in the same scenario, I got my BIL on Thursday and decided to enrol on Monday which was a public holiday for them. I’d have shifted it if I knew better. Since then, the same issue. What worries me is the “Your action is required” makes it seem like they’re waiting on us for biometrics.

And since this biometric thing is a bit new, there’s no previous cases and solution online. Someone on canadavisa has raised a CSE, but they’re yet to respond, I’ll probably have to do the same by next week.

Fam, Please anyone that knows a way round this issue should help.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by lamigift: 1:55pm On Oct 11, 2018
@oniwoski. please how far with your NECO processing with WES?

Please house, is there anyone who has got his /her ECA from WES since this issue of WAEC/NECO started?

Please someone should respond.

Thank you.

oniwoski:
hi all,

Many thanks to Admins and Moderator...this thread is so informative..honestly i appreciate everyone...

i need help here pls...

i submited my Diploma nd Bsc cert to Wes via hellofax last week..still processing the transcripts nd Neco...ive paid all the payables..nd Neco was sent yesterday...

i got an update on wes account that my Credentials have been received and that Evaluation is in progress...i am not allowed to do anything at this time...

im wondering if they evaluate without transcript...pls someone should help me get clerified ..
thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by stonecoldcafe: 2:00pm On Oct 11, 2018
@newmum0615, glitteringstar and others, random question, did you have your passport photo affixed on the visa in your passport?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by khinde: 2:04pm On Oct 11, 2018
Babesy:
Tomorrow's ielts results would favor us all IJN. Success is ours by his grace. This our cannyland dream must surely end in praise.

A big Amen oo

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Aadegal: 2:13pm On Oct 11, 2018
joo2018:
You need to provide only reference for the 1-3yrs you are claiming under NOC 0,A or B. Have you taken out the time to study page 1?
Thanks alot but the 7years work experience claimed is from the same NOC but with different organization. Only 2 are willing to give reference letter for up to 4 years but 2 are not willing to give reference letter to balance up the 7years. Should I just manage the4 years ref letter
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by okpoko1982: 2:15pm On Oct 11, 2018
EyimofeFA:

We did it in an Anglican church but we got our forms from Ikoyi and submitted a copy at Ikoyi
Go to ikoyi and ask of Mrs Onwura. It will cost u about 30k and take some days to come out. New passport is a long thing.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Peterolums(m): 2:17pm On Oct 11, 2018
Hi.

Please I need stop discuss more with you.

Thanks
Zeiya:

Evaluate only your masters degree for this process. I used less than 20k to process my transcript ( including my student's copy) no verification fee. UI postgraduate is very organised, it will be faster if you have someone there to push things.

You can send your MSc. certificate directly to WES using hellofax.

Yes, it is a must to verify your waec now, it is straightforward too, just search for the posts here on Nairaland.

Yes, you can get everything done within 2months.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Peterolums(m): 2:20pm On Oct 11, 2018
Please can we do whatsapp. +2347062379874. Just need some helop with the application. Thanks KS
Peterolums:
Hi.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Zeiya(f): 2:21pm On Oct 11, 2018
Peterolums:
Hi.

Thanks
Mail replied
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by iaatmguy(m): 2:28pm On Oct 11, 2018
ChandlerBing:
All these fake age questions should stop please. Did you consult us before you falsified your age? Leave us all out of it and sort out your own mess.

You people are bringing undue scrutiny to Nigerians. Making a mockery of sworn affidavits and NPC birth declarations.

Personally, I believe everybody who has ever had a cause to lie about or to conceal their age is an underachiever and quite frankly a looser.
why do you think "everyone" lies about their age ? did it ever occur to you that it could be as a result of human error (typo)? it's best you don't generalize.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Newmum0615: 2:45pm On Oct 11, 2018
Nope. Don't be scared. grin
stonecoldcafe:
@newmum0615, glitteringstar and others, random question, did you have your passport photo affixed on the visa in your passport?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Newmum0615: 2:48pm On Oct 11, 2018
Pray tell, why are you providing travel history for your parents and siblings?
Xbature:
Hello house, while filling my ITA form update to submit i saw this question under travel history. the question is
"Provide details of any trips ------- has taken outside his/her country of origin or of residence in the last ten years (or since his/her 18th birthday if this was less than ten years ago). Include all trips: tourism, business, training, etc.
Has ------------, and if applicable, --------------- family members taken any trips outside their country of origin or of residence in the last ten years (or since their 18th birthday if this was less than ten years ago). Include all trips: tourism, business, training, etc. (required)"

I answered NO, though my spouse has traveled for training before (Which was already stated in the part of my spouse personal history), and also my parents and siblings have traveled in and out of Nigeria, and it has appeared some where in the application. My question now is that should i state all this their travel waka or i should explain in LOE that though me have not traveled o, but my siblings have and some of them are residing out of the country.

Any answer will help. I just tire and i wan submit this thing and then move on abeg.
Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by mcstan18(m): 2:48pm On Oct 11, 2018
Temas:
PRAISEEEEEE GOD!!!!!.

This is not PPR announcement but the last puzzle to my PR application.

I finally got my TRNC police report BY PROXY after 9month and close to 100k.

I cant thank God enough for this victory.

Please people dont give up on anything in life even if not this Canadian PR journey. In all pray and hope.

I have listed the process to obtain TRNC police report few pages back. @WIP&,@WIP thank you professor, @mcstan18... tell you friend its doable.

Submission on my mind.

Congratulations brother. This must be one huge relief for you. Besides, page 1 got updated with that info as soon as you posted it. Thanks for sharing this life-saving information for the good of so many people caught up in this TRNC PCC web.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by iaatmguy(m): 2:48pm On Oct 11, 2018
BarbaraCharles:
HI Sucreklint. Had similar issues a while ago, apparently, only married women can have a ''change of name'' at immigration. But if your husband want to remove and add a new name, it is called ''change of data'' not change of name, and the fee and processing documents are different. It can only be done from Abuja immigration office. The passport office in Ikoyi will guide you through, because the documents you will require for change of name or change of data are different.

I know you will need an affidavit, newspaper publication, data page of old passport, other docs and ofcourse, a fee. Please visit the passport office to be properly guided, I learnt the hard way. I PAID immigration twice because aside my Hubs surname which I took on (change of name), I also added his first name (which they claim is separate and a change of data and approval for it will come from Abuja).

please how long does change of name take ? we've been on my wife's process, for close to four months now.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by iaatmguy(m): 2:52pm On Oct 11, 2018
Tojued:

Ouch at the emboldened. I falsified my age because i was too young to get into university... so added two years to the real age! Had initially added one year to get into secondary school (if I remember correctly)...
mine was typographical error from waec, we should let "know it all" chandlerbing know.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by joo2018: 2:59pm On Oct 11, 2018
1. You can use the 2 willing only (since it is more than 4ys) When you get your ITA, fill the other jobs in the personal history part of your application.
2. You can use other means to document the other work experiences. Get former supervisors or colleagues to fill the JD letter for you and notarize. Back it up with payslips and statement of accounts showing money being paid you by the company.
Aadegal:

Thanks alot but the 7years work experience claimed is from the same NOC but with different organization. Only 2 are willing to give reference letter for up to 4 years but 2 are not willing to give reference letter to balance up the 7years. Should I just manage the4 years ref letter
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by trishachi: 3:00pm On Oct 11, 2018
For our COPR recipients in the house, kindly try this link for the In-TAC virtual job fair with Canadian employers coming up this October 18th and 19th.

https://www.in-tac-expo.com/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by ArcUgo(m): 3:02pm On Oct 11, 2018
Good day Nairalanders, for other name documents must I submit sworn affidavit of change of name cause my wife only has newspaper publication and marriage certificate?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by stonecoldcafe: 3:02pm On Oct 11, 2018
Newmum0615:
Nope. Don't be scared. grin

Thank you dear. Thank you.
Oh my lord, why has no one ever mentioned this? I almost had a mini panic attack at Ikate. LOL
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by mcstan18(m): 3:14pm On Oct 11, 2018
gaths:
PPR!!! PPR!! PPR!!!

AOR: 9th July
PPR: Dated 9th OCT but arrived on the 10th.

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Newmum0615: 3:30pm On Oct 11, 2018
It happened to me too. I was confused at first till I confirmed from someone else. The visa will cancelled once you land anyway.
stonecoldcafe:

Thank you dear. Thank you.
Oh my lord, why has no one ever mentioned this? I almost had a mini panic attack at Ikate. LOL

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Madekay: 3:32pm On Oct 11, 2018
iaatmguy:
please how long does change of name take ? we've been on my wife's process, for close to four months now.

6weeks

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 3:42pm On Oct 11, 2018
stonecoldcafe:
did you have your passport photo affixed on the visa in your passport?

No. cheesy
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Madekay: 3:43pm On Oct 11, 2018
Hey everyone
So my story goes like this
My EE application has my Maiden name.
Applied for a change of name on my Nigerian Passport because I did not want to be carrying marriage certificate upandan in Canada

Shortly after receiving ITA my New passport with my husbands name came out

So went ahead and did PCC and Medicals with the new passport and attached my NPC birth certificate that clearly shows nee (maiden name) and a letter of explanation attached with my passport that I want my PR to come out in my husbands name.

Recieved MEP and BIL today and it was still in my maiden name.

Went ahead and called CIC and told them maiden name passport has been cancelled. Hence I cannot use a cancelled passport to do biometrics. The agent said “take both passports to VAC, they know what to do” and went ahead to say that they would update my name on the PR application and would get an email BCB.

Well I have recieved that mail.

Incase anyone is in my situation, you can actually change your name during the PR process.

Cheers

29 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by ChinenyeT: 4:00pm On Oct 11, 2018
[quote author=Expectantbee post=71970354]

Done!..please if you’re not seeing it, kindly pm me. I don’t know whether I have issues with sending but I receive without PMs without issues.[/qu

Replied!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by iaatmguy(m): 4:14pm On Oct 11, 2018
Madekay:
Hey everyone
So my story goes like this
My EE application has my Maiden name.
Applied for a change of name on my Nigerian Passport because I did not want to be carrying marriage certificate upandan in Canada

Shortly after receiving ITA my New passport with my husbands name came out

So went ahead and did PCC and Medicals with the new passport and attached my NPC birth certificate that clearly shows nee (maiden name) and a letter of explanation attached with my passport that I want my PR to come out in my husbands name.

Recieved MEP and BIL today and it was still in my maiden name.

Went ahead and called CIC and told them maiden name passport has been cancelled. Hence I cannot use a cancelled passport to do biometrics. The agent said “take both passports to VAC, they know what to do” and went ahead to say that they would update my name on the PR application and would get an email BCB.

Well I have recieved that mail.

Incase anyone is in my situation, you can actually change your name during the PR process.

Cheers

please change of name/renewal at immigration for my wife is going to 4 months, is this normal ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) ... (612)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.