Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,435 members, 7,781,271 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:32 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 (895437 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (612) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by mcstan18(m): 9:01am On Aug 05, 2018
Ethelia:
choi! thats how I slept and woke up to part 5 grin grin

More like sleeping in Nigeria and waking up in Canada cheesy

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Ethelia(f): 9:01am On Aug 05, 2018
adesbaba:
And please ..let's say one applies as single applicant...got the PPR ,travel and after like maybe a year of living in canny..one comes back to naija to marry fiancée...what steps will be taken to relocate her to join her spouse in Canada .. . just inquisitive

Spousal sponsorship. Its a separate process and has its own list of documents. Not really a big deal just that its time consuming (average 1yr processing). Google it and you'll find more than enough information
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Ethelia(f): 9:02am On Aug 05, 2018
mcstan18:

More like sleeping in Nigeria and waking up in Canada cheesy

grin grin Thats how Rapture will happen oh and my enemy will be sleeping cry cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by mcstan18(m): 9:10am On Aug 05, 2018
adesbaba:
And please ..let's say one applies as single applicant...got the PPR ,travel and after like maybe a year of living in canny..one comes back to naija to marry fiancée...what steps will be taken to relocate her to join her spouse in Canada .. . just inquisitive

You go the spousal sponsorship route. To know more, click here

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Kmgb: 9:11am On Aug 05, 2018
Well done GS and Mcstan!

Joined since part 2 and still no ITA *sigh* I never espererrit! Time and Chance,starting 2months earlier would have made all d difference.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by leonaidas(m): 9:13am On Aug 05, 2018
Hello everyone, I have a peculiar situation. I have a certificate in Medical Laboratory Technology, its a 3 year program run by Colleges Of Health Technologies in Nigeria.
After the 3 years in a College Of Health Technology, you sit for a licensing exam organised by the Medical Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria(MLSCN).
If you pass, you're inducted and given a practicing liscense which you renew annually. My question is this:

1. Do I send the transcript and certificate issued by the College Of Health Technology or the transcript and certificate issued by the MLSCN (NB: IQAS says you must submit a record of all the years of study, but the MLSCN transcript only has the record of the licencing exam.)
*I have called iqas and explained my situation and they referred me to their website, but the only information available is for Nurses. I also called the MLSCN but they don't seem to have any idea.
Mcstan18 sunvick glisteringstar newmum0615 Elfman is back to judge cocthrane 40manlappy blackbuddy ethelia ifeoma77

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by rhemagrace(f): 9:15am On Aug 05, 2018
You won't miss it in Part 5. You'll testify here.
Kmgb:
Well done GS and Mcstan!

Joined since part 2 and still no ITA *sigh* I never espererrit! Time and Chance,starting 2months earlier would have made all d difference.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by titigafar(m): 9:18am On Aug 05, 2018
I am considering an option of applying without my spouce and maybe after about a year coming back to process for my family.

How feasible is this?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Kmgb: 9:22am On Aug 05, 2018
rhemagrace:
You won't miss it in Part 5. You'll testify here.

Amen and Thank you. Wish u well also
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 9:33am On Aug 05, 2018
titigafar:
I am considering an option of applying without my spouce and maybe after about a year coming back to process for my family.

How feasible is this?

Its very feasible but note that you will still show POF for all of them, medical for them too. Best of luck
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Newmum0615: 9:36am On Aug 05, 2018
Modified grin
Ifeoma77:

And meeee!!! Don't forget me in this prophecy cry

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 9:38am On Aug 05, 2018
adesbaba:

Its exam based. . but pls do u av any advise on how I can boost my score fr 2 certificate apart from MSC cos I can only do part time MSC due to my work as a banker n part z 2 yrs...too long fr me...something I can run 6-8 months

How about you look up NOUN, they have a year programme that will help your Canada EE, learn French for 6 months and u sit for TEF, it will boost your score also.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by jholarharde(f): 9:38am On Aug 05, 2018
mcstan18:

I shall celebrate with you
And I with you, thanks dear
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Newmum0615: 9:39am On Aug 05, 2018
Kudos sis. More power to your elbow.
GlitteringStar:

Lol. Ayam sorry. grin wink

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Newmum0615: 9:49am On Aug 05, 2018
I can't grin. One leg here. One leg there. I have read from page 1 to current page of the sister thread. We update our knowledge at the pace of the thread.
ADEBOSUN:
Newmum. Stop playing with small children here. Go and become a veteran in the living in Canada thread...We will surely see you there. We de come ask you plenty questions there in a few months. cheesy grin grin grin

But this thread sweet pass that one sha... tongue

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Bello321: 10:01am On Aug 05, 2018
juicebox:
Hi guys! I just got my gcms notes. Please what do they by “review required - stat questions?

Stat questions means : statutory questions. Have you been denied a visa before or wer u part of the military or did u hold a government position
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by yahooz: 10:04am On Aug 05, 2018
Good morning e-fam... I've got a quick question,

I have my POF in cryptocurrency as I hate leaving my funds idle. I plan on liquidating it this week and as such it's going to be a lump sum coming in to my account.

It is worthy to note that there have been huge cash movement from the account the past couple of weeks due to trading activities.

Should I do a gift deed(I'm selling it off to my brother) or I just do a LOE stating the reason for the sudden lump sum in my account?

Also, I work in bank A and I'm using bank B for the POF, will that raise any red flag?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by joo2018: 10:14am On Aug 05, 2018
Also, if she has a good CRS score, she should be able to apply for EE too. With you the spouse as a PR, she will be evaluated as a single applicant.
adesbaba:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Ifeoma77(f): 10:18am On Aug 05, 2018
Newmum0615:
Modified grin
Yay cheesy cheesy kiss
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by ysteph: 10:22am On Aug 05, 2018
Part 5, Page 5? I shall testify in this part IJN. Amen.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by EyesondPrize: 10:23am On Aug 05, 2018
I will definitely testify here.

ECA in progress
IELTS- LRWS (7.5, 6.5, 5.5, 6.0) 1st attempt
2nd attempt -Aug 18th.

It will end in praise for all of us in Part 5.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Ifeoma77(f): 10:25am On Aug 05, 2018
leonaidas:
Hello everyone, I have a peculiar situation. I have a certificate in Medical Laboratory Technology, its a 3 year program run by Colleges Of Health Technologies in Nigeria.
After the 3 years in a College Of Health Technology, you sit for a licensing exam organised by the Medical Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria(MLSCN).
If you pass, you're inducted and given a practicing liscense which you renew annually. My question is this:

1. Do I send the transcript and certificate issued by the College Of Health Technology or the transcript and certificate issued by the MLSCN (NB: IQAS says you must submit a record of all the years of study, but the MLSCN transcript only has the record of the licencing exam.)
*I have called iqas and explained my situation and they referred me to their website, but the only information available is for Nurses. I also called the MLSCN but they don't seem to have any idea.
Tbh I have no idea, but if I were in your position, I'll send both, it will not only save me the hassle of doing it all over again in the future but I might get lucky and be given an assessment equivalent to 2 or more Certificates.
However, if you must send only one, it should be the one with 3 years study. Chances are that the licensing body does not process transcripts for that one exam.
But let's hear from others too

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by EyesondPrize: 10:32am On Aug 05, 2018
Amen.

Owlette:
Been a silent follower from thread 3. Been struggling with ECA and IELTS but my testimony will be a resounding one. Booking my plot of land for my PPR announcement on thread 5.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Obi1conte: 10:34am On Aug 05, 2018
tobey2ng:
Biometrics fee has been added to application and visa fee now. You are to pay it upfront starting from July 31st. The total amount is now $1112CAD. Take note.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/fees.asp?_ga=2.161811644.1824666477.1533459021-1501525057.1511982227#permanent

It says biometric fee for
Per person CAD 85
Family (2 or more) CAD 170

The usual processing fee (550) and Right of permanent residence fee (490) total 1040

Dependant Child CAD150 per child

From my calc for a single applicant CAD1125
For a family of 4 CAD 2550

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Ifeoma77(f): 10:37am On Aug 05, 2018
yahooz:
Good morning e-fam... I've got a quick question,

I have my POF in cryptocurrency as I hate leaving my funds idle. I plan on liquidating it this week and as such it's going to be a lump sum coming in to my account.

Should I do a gift deed(I'm selling it off to my brother) or I just do a LOE stating the reason for the sudden lump sum in my account?

Also, I work in bank A and I'm using bank B for the POF, will that raise any red flag?
You know I thought of this cryptocurrency thing recently, I even made a mental note to ask about it on the thread. Why not tweet at IRCC and find out if they will accept crypto as POF? grin grin so you won't have to sell it off. I mean it's a very liquid investment and if Tbills are accepted, why not bitcoins? (Unless your currency is one of the lesser known ones, then by all means, liquidate)
Anyway, I don't think you should be doing gift deed. You sold 'property' to raise the funds so you should explain that in a LOE and attach proof of sale.
The bank matter is a non-issue IMO, it's not compulsory to bank where you work.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by EyesondPrize: 10:38am On Aug 05, 2018
ECA and IELTS

ayusco85:
Good day everyone. From the comments I have been reading it seems everyone here is experienced. Am new and I want to start from the scratch. What is the first step please.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by yahooz: 10:48am On Aug 05, 2018
Ifeoma77:

You know I thought of this cryptocurrency thing recently, I even made a mental note to ask about it on the thread. Why not tweet at IRCC and find out if they will accept crypto as POF? grin grin so you won't have to sell it off. I mean it's a very liquid investment and if Tbills are accepted, why not bitcoins? (Unless your currency is one of the lesser known ones, then by all means, liquidate)
Anyway, I don't think you should be doing gift deed. You sold 'property' to raise the funds so you should explain that in a LOE and attach proof of sale.
The bank matter is a non-issue IMO, it's not compulsory to bank where you work.

Thanks a lot... I doubt they accept it because of it's volatility, would confirm though.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by adesbaba: 10:49am On Aug 05, 2018
joo2018:
Also, if she has a good CRS score, she should be able to apply for EE too. With you the spouse as a PR, she will be evaluated as a single applicant.

Am considering this pattern too...rather than d spouse sponsorship stuff.

But can she be coming to visit me in Canada bfr her PR stuff clicks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Mummychichi: 10:51am On Aug 05, 2018
leonaidas:

Mcstan18 sunvick glisteringstar newmum0615 Elfman is back to judge cocthrane 40manlappy blackbuddy ethelia ifeoma77

In my opinion, send all. You might be lucky to get 2 or more certificates. Or anyone here with this experience? Kindly help

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by ayusco85(m): 11:04am On Aug 05, 2018
EyesondPrize:
ECA and IELTS

OK. Is it in that order or IELTS first?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Ethelia(f): 11:10am On Aug 05, 2018
ayusco85:

OK. Is it in that order or IELTS first?

Page 1 of this thread is first. After you digest all the information there, you will know most of what you need to do.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by juicebox: 11:14am On Aug 05, 2018
Bello321:

Stat questions means : statutory questions. Have you been denied a visa before or wer u part of the military or did u hold a government position

Thank you for the response. I understand what the stat questions means, I have one US visa refusal, which I answered "Yes" to and included the reason for the refusal in my application. I just want to know what the reviewer means by "review required" in my GCMS notes and if there's anything I need to do on my part.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (612)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.