Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,513 members, 7,808,873 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:22 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 - Travel (530) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 (906607 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (527) (528) (529) (530) (531) (532) (533) ... (612) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by 55emem55: 8:46pm On Nov 02, 2018
Thanks for responding.

But I was told by the NPC officer that the certificate is only valid for 6 months. I thought it was a permanent something. So I didn't bother doing it. I already have an affidavit I did from High Court Ikeja.

wasseynewest:
Well, I was born in the 1980's and paid for NPC birth cert alongside my wife '92. My wife was issued the original NPC cert just as my kids own but I was issued sometin called "Re Issue Birth Cert". Though it still carries the NPC name as the heading but completely a diff design. Was told sometin similar to what you said but I think they still issue for all age category.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by wasseynewest: 8:49pm On Nov 02, 2018
Successfully read the threads and couldn't but marvel at several contributions and commitments we have here. In fact, if our so called leaders had only been 40% responsive like we are here, I bet many of us won't want to elope to cannyland.
Anyways, I am saving my stories till when the thing go sweet to talk but trust me, it's one u've never heard b4 and would simply read over again(lol).
May all our wishes come TRUE!

18 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by joo2018: 8:50pm On Nov 02, 2018
1.Yes. You can also add reference letter in whatever format they have.
2. Use the format they give you and provide other evidences for the parts they did not include.
Mamaroon:
Hello and Help please!!!

If my bank will not give a letter in the CIC format for POF or any letter at all am I good with just a statement of account and an LOE?

ALSO

If my employer and supervisor (not even on plain paper with business card attached) will not give a reference letter in the CIC format...am I good with my pay slips and any old letters like employment...promotion letter...ID...business card...and an LOE?

Pls dont send me to the "benniging" o...i've checked ... wink

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by joo2018: 8:52pm On Nov 02, 2018
All the best. You are a real MVP, reading through the thread.
wasseynewest:
Successfully read the threads and couldn't but marvel at several contributions and commitments we have here. In fact, if our so called leaders had only been 40% responsive like we are here, I bet many of us won't want to elope to cannyland.
Anyways, I am saving my stories till when the thing go sweet to talk but trust me, it's one u've never heard b4 and would simply read over again(lol).
May all our wishes come TRUE!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by wasseynewest: 8:52pm On Nov 02, 2018
Oh oh, will have to re-validate mine too then. But I don't think so sha.
55emem55:
Thanks for responding.

But I was told by the NPC officer that the certificate is only valid for 6 months. I thought it was a permanent something. So I didn't bother doing it. I already have an affidavit I did from High Court Ikeja.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by iPopAlomo(m): 8:53pm On Nov 02, 2018
ontarioissauga:

Having the same issue with sb I'm helping. I'm already tired. May be you ground-mail it. WES has been infected with Nigerian school email illness. ICES comes to the rescue!

Well, WES just replied me. They said ground-mailing won't be needed if they get the email. But it has been sent, so which way? Anyway, we will try to make Unijos resend today or Monday and Bcc me and see what happens.

For some reason... which I can't explain... WES don't receive email verification of some schools...

Now that your school falls into this category...

Take the following steps...
1. Tell your school to send the verification via courier

2. pay for the courier services, DHL and the likes...

3. obtain the tracking number and monitor the mail yourself...

That's about that... your ECA would be ready in less than 20 work days...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by iPopAlomo(m): 8:54pm On Nov 02, 2018
Peace505:
Pls what can one do if WES says they didn't receive any mail from your institution, even when the mail has been sent twice?

For some reason... which I can't explain... WES don't receive email verification of some schools...
Now that your school falls into this category...
Take the following steps...
1. Tell your school to send the verification via courier
2. pay for the courier services, DHL and the likes...
3. obtain the tracking number and monitor the mail yourself...
That's about that... your ECA would be ready in less than 20 work days...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by wasseynewest: 8:55pm On Nov 02, 2018
joo2018:
All the best. You are a real MVP, reading through the thread.
Thanks joo2018!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by joo2018: 8:55pm On Nov 02, 2018
For Questions 1 and 3, check page 1 of this thread as advised.
For questions 2 and 4, check page 113 of the Living in Canada thread.
vosquare:
Hello, what can you tell a graduate that wants to relocate to Canada?
What kind of vocational skills should he have (if important)?
How much for the visa, ticket and other transport fare?
How much is their house rent/yr and is there any allowance for a new person?

Just advice a graduate pls. Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Algbenguze: 8:57pm On Nov 02, 2018
joo2018:
Did you claim sibling points?
Yes, my wife’s sister.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by joo2018: 9:04pm On Nov 02, 2018
That's the relationship you need to prove. Between your wife and her sister. Ignore the letter of invitation/host part, it is a generic checklist.
Algbenguze:

Yes, my wife’s sister.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by jmnsimone(f): 9:09pm On Nov 02, 2018
Thank you! Just sent you a message

[quote author=Bettybeauty post=72632408][/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by joo2018: 9:09pm On Nov 02, 2018
Lol. You are a real riot!
Godisincontrol:

I want to assume graduate actually wrote his exams by him/herself and graduated. If that's the case then graduate is literate enough to know that there is a page one of this thread,asides from other threads. If graduate did not know, then I wonder the kind of graduate we have here.

After doing this, if graduate has more questions which are specific, I will personally assist FOC.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Algbenguze: 9:09pm On Nov 02, 2018
joo2018:
That's the relationship you need to prove. Between your wife and her sister. Ignore the letter of invitation/host part, it is a generic checklist.
Okay thanks.
The part about proof that I’m a parent ish got me lost a bit. Thanks again.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 9:20pm On Nov 02, 2018
joo2018:
1.Yes. You can also add reference letter in whatever format they have.
2. Use the format they give you and provide other evidences for the parts they did not include.

Thanks v much!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by prost80(m): 9:36pm On Nov 02, 2018
Hello All,

I need advice filling out ITA. For my Travel History for 10years, do I need to includes a time i spent in Uk as a part time student at LSAM but i didnt complete the course neither did i get any degree. My ECA is on a B.Sc and M.Eng which i got prior to proceeding to the uk for this management course.

If I mention this aspect then do I have to mention under my education , with a course that i didnt complete , neither received any award. Or should i omit it entirely for the education part
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by fmsimple(m): 9:38pm On Nov 02, 2018
Mamaroon:
Hello and Help please!!!

If my bank will not give a letter in the CIC format for POF or any letter at all am I good with just a statement of account and an LOE? Letter in CIC format isn't compulsory. Naija banks give something worthwhile and used by previous PPR clinchers.

ALSO

If my employer and supervisor (not even on plain paper with business card attached) will not give a reference letter in the CIC format...am I good with my pay slips and any old letters like employment...promotion letter...ID...business card...and an LOE? Perhaps yes with a LoE attached. You could get something from any of your colleague as support

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by fmsimple(m): 9:45pm On Nov 02, 2018
prost80:
Hello All,

I need advice filling out ITA. For my Travel History for 10years, do I need to includes a time i spent in Uk as a part time student at LSAM but i didnt complete the course neither did i get any degree. My ECA is on a B.Sc and M.Eng which i got prior to proceeding to the uk for this management course.

If I mention this aspect then do I have to mention under my education , with a course that i didnt complete , neither received any award. Or should i omit it entirely for the education part

The truth is that you travelled to UK and should so reflect in your TH.
It's not a crime not to complete a training program. You may even have a certificate and decide not evaluate it but stated in your personal history.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by prost80(m): 9:57pm On Nov 02, 2018
fmsimple:

The truth is that you travelled to UK and should so reflect in your TH.
It's not a crime not to complete a training program. You may even have a certificate and decide not evaluate it but stated in your personal history.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by daks01: 9:59pm On Nov 02, 2018
Issabit tricky o. You can write a strongly worded LOE and then write a letter of stating your JD(notarised) add all those other docs (which I assume contains almost all the info IRCC request for). Then pray you get a leninent VO.
But I would advice that you try and beg someone in your org to help even if it’s your colleague. In my case The ref letter I got from my HR had k leg (and they weren’t willing to issue another one) so I just abandoned it and went to beg one Oga to write it for me and I added all her details(it took a while to find someone willing to) so maybe you should try.

Mamaroon:
Hello and Help please!!!

If my bank will not give a letter in the CIC format for POF or any letter at all am I good with just a statement of account and an LOE?

ALSO

If my employer and supervisor (not even on plain paper with business card attached) will not give a reference letter in the CIC format...am I good with my pay slips and any old letters like employment...promotion letter...ID...business card...and an LOE?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Luce: 10:04pm On Nov 02, 2018
Vfs update
Got to the office around 11:58 yesterday and spent just about 30 minutes!
So a few updates from the page 1 posts.
Got checked at the gate, was allowed to take my bag in; went upstairs to the second floor as stated here but some guy said Canada was on first floor so instead of arguing I just went down. The security woman told me to go to counter 6 and I was thinking isn’t it counter 1? Didn’t argue again, but immediately I got to counter 6, the lady said counter 1. Went there, the guy told me to sit and he would call me; called a few people before me that came to pick up their passports then he called me up. Gave him 2 copies of my passport, the passport itself, vfs consent form, imm008 and 2 passport photos stamped and dated; the guy doesn’t have any checklist, really just collected it and used a paper clip to hold them together. Asked me to write my number and email on the passport page photocopy then wrote the amount I was to pay and put everything in a red bag. The price has gone up to 16,610 for passport transmission and 550 for sms. Got another tag from the security lady, went to pay at counter 6 then was asked to wait till my new tag was called. Waited about 10 mins then got called to a counter and gave the girl my bag and payment stuff then she typed a few things and gave me a collection slip. Asked how long it might take, she said 2-3 weeks. Thanked her and I was outta there.

42 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by prost80(m): 10:21pm On Nov 02, 2018
Hello All,

For Personal History, If i work on project to project basis some can be as long as 1year others can be like 2-3months, so in a year i can work on 4 different projects with different duration dates. DO i need to write all these. I need advice oh. God bless you all

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Elcid1(m): 12:15am On Nov 03, 2018
Please my skill fall in NOC type C, can I still enter the pool
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Negotiate: 12:17am On Nov 03, 2018
prost80:
Hello All,

UK should be in your travel history
If you stayed for more than 6 months while attempting the course, you must also get a Police Clearance.
You cannot and do not have to list an education in which you were not awarded a degree.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Adaoh: 12:40am On Nov 03, 2018
Awwww it will definitely end in praise for you! Just keep the faith. Can't wait till we are all congratulating you.

xtosync:
The Wait!
9ja to Canny

So Close yet it seems so far

Join me as I celebrate a year of brave patience
Don't know how I've kept sane while waiting in essence

Through it all WE MOVE with Head’s raises
Definitely it shall end in praises.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 12:46am On Nov 03, 2018
[quote author=fmsimple post=72633977][/quote]

thanks a lot
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 12:48am On Nov 03, 2018
daks01:
Issabit tricky o. You can write a strongly worded LOE and then write a letter of stating your JD(notarised) add all those other docs (which I assume contains almost all the info IRCC request for). Then pray you get a leninent VO.
But I would advice that you try and beg someone in your org to help even if it’s your colleague. In my case The ref letter I got from my HR had k leg (and they weren’t willing to issue another one) so I just abandoned it and went to beg one Oga to write it for me and I added all her details(it took a while to find someone willing to) so maybe you should try.

Will try that....i appreciate
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 4:04am On Nov 03, 2018
xtosync:
The Wait!
9ja to Canny

Nne ke’maka ije Obodo Onyibo? How far?
Mute. But with smile, I replied, “Nne, not so far”
...pain of a poet, hidden behind the shards of broken words
Pinching the readers with open minds
I feel your passion, but before we pass on
It shall end in Praise, you've rightly concluded. embarassed

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by danianne: 5:01am On Nov 03, 2018
Only skills that fall under Noc 0,A and B are eligible.

Elcid1:
Please my skill fall in NOC type C, can I still enter the pool
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 5:12am On Nov 03, 2018
...FANTASTIC POEM!!!...Thanks for this lovely piece. cheesy

xtosync:
The Wait!
9ja to Canny

Nne ke’maka ije Obodo Onyibo? How far?
Mute. But with smile, I replied, “Nne, not so far”

Today, excited and chattery ‘cos’ of the awaiting prospect
Yesterday, sad and gloomy ‘cos’ of the unending aspect

How much longer, Oh my PPR?
It’s been so long since my AOR

Oxymoronic, this quest is
Melancholic, it fest such bliss

Oh! LVO, why AVO?
Oh! AVO, where are your VO’s?

Life of a PPR waiter
Please help me with a glass of water
Also I need to take home a bottle of vodka

Neither will do; the thirst of PPR is all there is
Not sweet again, Rice and beans
Can’t be as sweet as the Golden mail, please

Not fond of weekends cos VO’s shouldn’t be resting
Not until PPR is in my mail chilling

My POF is idling
Tired of being locked in

Centuries ago, IELTS and ECA battles were won
Least I forget the joy ITA brought at dawn

Join me as I celebrate a year of brave patience
Don't know how I've kept sane while waiting in essence

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Grace135: 5:27am On Nov 03, 2018
fmsimple:
Abridged step-by-step procedure for Canada express entry

Step 1: Take IELTS and attain CLB 9 (viz: band score of 8777 in LRWS)
CLB 9 gives candidates additional language points boost of 50–60 points. If you are able to reach the score of 440+ without CLB 9, that is fine too.
Cost - Approx 70k every time you take IELTS.

Step 2: Get your ECA done (approx 6–8 weeks, could be more)
ECA is Education Credential Assessment. It is done by multiple organisations (WES one of them) and provides you the Canadian equivalent degree assessment of your native country education.
Cost - Depends on the assessor organization.

Step 3: Create EE profile on CIC website with your attained IELTS score and ECA
Making a profile enters you in the pool of candidates waiting for the ITA (Invitation to Apply). Make sure all the information mentioned in the profile is accurate as you will be asked to provide proof of all that information once you are selected.
Cost - 0

Step 4: Wait for the draw to reach your score and receive ITA afterwards
The ROI (Rounds of Invidation) happens every 3–4 weeks. The Canadian govt declares the min cut off score of the EE profile and all the candidates having that score or score more than it will get ITA. The score varies and is tweaked to meet a certain number of applicants quota per ROI.
Cost - 0

Step 5: Post ITA, you get 60 days to submit your documents
After candidate's receive ITA, they are suppose to provide documents and proofs of all the information mentioned in their profile along with few others. The documents/information needed from the candidates are:
Travel Document (Passport) of all applicants
Digital Photograph of all applicants
Proof of Employment of primary applicant
Proof of Funds of primary applicant
Proof of Medical of all applicants
Proof of Education & IELTS of all applicants
Police Clearance Certificate (From all countries where you have resided for 6 months or more) of Pry applicant (and accompanying spouse)
Cost varies as Medical cost, PCC fees, Notarization fees etc varies on location.

Step 6: Submit documents, pay Immigration Fee and wait for the PPR (PassPort Request - For stamping)
After submitting the documents and paying the Immigration fees, the Canadian Immigration officers verifies the documents and information provided. This generally takes 3–6 months (sometimes even more!) depending on the application type, countries a person has resided in and most importantly, the immigration visa office where the application has been sent for processing and how much application backlog is there.
Cost - 300k per adult / 43k CAD per child

Step 7: PPR received. Submit Passport and get Canada CoPR (Confirmation of PR)
Once the documents are verified, candidates are intimated about the result of their application via mail. On successful processing, candidates are required to submit the passports of all the applicants for the Visa Stamping and CoPR. Passport is being sent by VFS Global and the stamped passport are returned to the designated address within 2 weeks along with 2 copies of CoPR.

Step 8: Reach Canada on CoPR and apply for PR card
Applicants are suppose to travel to Canada within the tenure mentioned on the passport. The tenure is generally till the time passport is valid or till medical proof is valid, whichever is earlier. In any case, visa will not be for more than 1 year.
Applicants are suppose to plan their travel, temporary or permanent migration, to Canada within the Visa timelines and submit one copy of CoPR at the time of landing. The other copy is stamped and returned.
Submitting CoPR means that Candidates have successfully landed in Canada and this in turn initiates the PR card application for each applicant.

Step 9: Receive PR card (2–3 months)
Official PR Card processing time is 62–65 days and the PR card will be couriered to the address given by the applicants at the time of their landing. The address has to be a Canadian address.
PR Card will be delivered to the address within 50–80 days. In case you have performed soft landing (temporary migration) just to fulfill the landing formalities before the Visa expires, you can request any friend coming to your Naija to bring along your PR card.
PR cards are not couriered outside Canada and have to be delivered in person in such scenarios.

Step 10: You are Canadian PR. Enjoy!
Once you have your PR card, you are officially a Canadian PR. Have fun!
PR card is provided with validity of 5 years. A person is suppose to live in Canada for 730 days in consecutive 5 years to continue his/her PR card for next 5 years after the expiry.
If a person has stayed in Canada for more than 1095 days in consecutive 5 years, he/she is eligible to apply for Canadian citizenship.

Some Acronyms Frequently Used in this post & during Visa Processing:
CLB - Canadian Language Benchmark
ECA - Education Credential Assessment
EE - Express Entry
ROI - Round of Invitations
ITA - Invitation to Apply
CoPR - Confirmation of Permanent Residency
PPR - Passport Request
PR - Permanent Resident (Residency)
Thanks for this

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by geminitwin: 5:33am On Nov 03, 2018
I tried downloading the IMM008 form with no success. I then went ahead to submit our passports a week ago without it because my family composition has not changed. I recently started feeling like i submitted incomplete documents especially since i have not been able to download the forms to compare their contents. My questions are,
Is the IMM008 form the same as the ADDITIONAL FAMILY REQUEST FORM?
Am i still on track without me including the form?- you stated you also didn't (I want to be sure that I'm not misinterpreting you)
Thank you in advance. cool

So a little update guys...after an excruciatingly long weekend, I’ve finally collected my passport And COpr. Whew!I decided to call their helpline first sha.
FYI, I didn’t fill/submit IMM008 cos I thought it was unnecessary since my family composition didn’t change. However, I wrote a very brief letter to that effect.
Another thing to note, I’m still waiting for PUM and SMS. So in my opinion, that SMS fee is unnecessary. Don’t pay for it. They wouldn’t even tell you about it, you’ll just see it on your receipt. When they bill you tell them you don’t want SMS updates. It’s a little amount but it’s still worth saving, since paying for it is useless... just my opinion sha.
Good luck to everyone still waiting at different stages, it will end in praise!
[/quote]

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (527) (528) (529) (530) (531) (532) (533) ... (612)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.