Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,185 members, 7,807,617 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:17 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 - Travel (63) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 (906379 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (612) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by ifeoluwakintan: 6:17pm On Aug 10, 2018
@Newmum0615 Trust you had a great day. Has the packing began?
Please I sent you a nairaland message. Need to chat with you privately. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 6:18pm On Aug 10, 2018
Shyee:

You have to see some messages in some WhatsApp groups, even here that getting more than 7 in Writing is a dream. The fact that someone could get 8 in Writing is enough for me to encourage someone. If not here, on various IELTS groups.
Milllz, kindly share tips, please.

People have gotten 8 in writing here. You may read previous threads if you want.

Mind set matters. If you think Ielts is a big deal, it will become a big deal.
It just now seems as though Ielts is some hard scary exam, it is not.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 6:19pm On Aug 10, 2018
ysteph:
If you have been following this thread from previous parts you won't make this statement. Who said we can't ace IELTS in Nigeria? Are you aware that people have aced IELTS and posted their results on this forum?
Please don't post here for the sake of posting.
Oh!!! I guess many people on here misread my post, give the stats of those who had 8 in Writing recently. Writing has been the bane of Nigerian test takers in Nigeria.having 8 and 9 in LRS is common in Nigeria. Most of those I knew that had 8 in Writing, wrote IELTS outside Nigeria.
I don't know whatever ego you're trying to feed at the bolded.
I reiterate, you can have great scores in Writing in Nigeria, you can ace IELTS in Nigeria! Keep learning and keep hope alive.

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Tojued: 6:21pm On Aug 10, 2018
Tee248490:
Hi everyone, please can both the husband and wife have a profile in the EE pool? Yes

To be precise, the wife has been the PA all the while but based on recent developments, the husband as the PA will take their score to 474 from 436. So they intend to create his profile with him as the PA.
Is there any issue with this? No

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 6:21pm On Aug 10, 2018
Shyee:

Oh!!! I guess many people on here misread my post, give the stats of those who had 8 in Writing recently. Writing has been the bane of Nigerian test takers in Nigeria.having 8 and 9 in LRS is common in Nigeria. Most of those I knew that had 8 in Writing, wrote IELTS outside Nigeria.
I reiterate, you can have great scores in Writing in Nigeria, you can ace IELTS in Nigeria! Keep learning and keep hope alive.

Please stop spreading fear.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Uzzyan: 6:22pm On Aug 10, 2018
CanadaPR:

Hello! Good evening, please what credentials did you send for evaluation? Please what credential earned a 1 semester outcome?

A CIM Level 4 Diploma in Marketing
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Tojued: 6:35pm On Aug 10, 2018
Shyee:

You have to see some messages in some WhatsApp groups, even here that getting more than 7 in Writing is a dream. The fact that someone could get 8 in Writing is enough for me to encourage someone. If not here, on various IELTS groups.
Milllz, kindly share tips, please.

Huntley or hanty, I don't know whatsapp group you're coming from, but we are a very fositive grouf op feofle in this group.

Stop confusing the emotions you picked up from your WhatsApp groups with the ambience of this thread.

Every single ielts, people ace their writing and share their testimonies here.

Every single ielts, people share their disappointments here and receive pick me ups, convincing them not just that it is possible to succeed, but that since they already probably succeeded, that should go for remarks.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Uzzyan: 6:36pm On Aug 10, 2018
Mummychichi:

If your statement of result is ready, you can use that (I'm assuming you're using WES. Don't know about the other evaluating bodies)

My dear not until some time next year........ infact towards the end of the year sef. Since CRS has dropped to 440 i am hopeful. Just 2 marks.... Oh and yes it's WES.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by solatunde: 6:45pm On Aug 10, 2018
Congratulations to all who acced their IELTS and those who got ITA.

Please help calculate my CRS score;

PA 45yrs, has HND; Spouse 47yrs has OND
Both have over 16yrs work experience

IELTS

PA
L 6 5
R 6.5
W 7
S 7

Spouse
L 6.5
R 5.5
W 6.5
S 7

No job offer or sibling in Canada

Please help una e-sister.

quote author=Elfmannisback post=70161831]
I thought it is MOD... Carry on. 443 is still OK going forward. [/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Tlontin(m): 6:46pm On Aug 10, 2018
Tojued:

Huntley or hanty, I don't know whatsapp group you're coming from, but we are a very fositive grouf op feofle in this group.

Stop confusing the emotions you picked up from your WhatsApp groups with the ambience of this thread.

Every single ielts, people ace their writing and share their testimonies here.

Every single ielts, people share their disappointments here and receive pick me ups, convincing them not just that it is possible to succeed, but that since they already probably succeeded, that should go for remarks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 6:47pm On Aug 10, 2018
Tojued and co, including myself, please let this issue rest.
There are better issues to discuss subsequently, spamming this thread would only lead to endless posts and responses, believe me, we all have our POVs and seemingly wise response to every mention. If a post is dwelt on too much, the ambience you so defined would be further disturbed. In elfmann's voice, I'm done with y'all. grin[quote][/quote] grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by LecturerIFE: 7:00pm On Aug 10, 2018
Iyamarun:
Please as anyone used NECO for Wes? Pls let's know how it went

Yes. I applied this week, and I saw like 10 or so other names on the list applying for same to be sent to Wes. Total cost is N18500 - N1000 for confirmation of result and N17500 for the transcript and courier.

To avoid waste of time, make the 1k confirmation of result via remita before you go there.

Visit www.remita.net On the page, click on "Pay FGN and State TSA. A dropdown pops up, click on Federal Government of Nigeria. On the next page, fill the below.

i Name of MDA: Type National Examination Council (while typing National Examin... the name will come up itself)
ii Name of Service/Purpose: pick Tender Fees in the drop-down.
iii Description: Type Confirmation of result
iv Amount: 1000
v GIFMIS code: you can skip this as the field isn't compulsory
vi Payer's Full name: type your name as it appears on your certificate/statement of result
vi Payers Email: Please ensure you use a valid email address as you will need this to generate your Remita receipt.
vi Payers Phone: fill as you wish.
Complete the captcha and proceed to payment.

You can choose to pay with your card/bank's internet banking or take the generated RRR code and pay at any bank branch. Please save the RRR code.

If you pay with your card/bank's Internet banking, check your email for your remita receipt (not the same as your bank receipt... the remita receipt is generated and sent by Remita to your email) . In case you do not get the receipt in your email, go back to www.remita.net and click on Resend Receipt or Invoice, enter your RRR code and you should get the receipt in your mailbox.

You can skip the entire steps above by going to any bank branch and make the payment via Remita.

Take one copy of your Remita payment receipt, three copies of your certificate/statement of result and three copies of completed Academic Records Request form from Wes. If you are in Lagos, visit NECO office at 20(?), Coker Road, Ilupeju.

They will issue you a neco receipt of 1k, you then complete a form and submit with the other documents.

That's pretty much it.

I was told the forms will be sent to Neco head office in Minna for processing... this could take between 2 to 3 weeks to get to WES.

32 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Ifeoma77(f): 7:03pm On Aug 10, 2018
mcstan18:

Getting into the pool isn't a risk. People don't get drowned in this pool. wink
grin grin grin hear hear
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by olayemite(m): 7:05pm On Aug 10, 2018
Sholamy:
Has anyone been able to view ielts result of 28th July ?MOD IDP.can't view mine yet.

I'm having the same issue as yours. I've not been able to view mine as well. What do we do?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Jadel03: 7:07pm On Aug 10, 2018
Good Evening All,

Please how long does it take WES to update one's profile after verification has been done by the school?

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by ArcUgo(m): 7:10pm On Aug 10, 2018
With your current score you have 284. However, if you both retake the test and achieve the highest possible score i.e. 8.5,8,7.5,7.5 LRWS for the PA and 8,7,7,7 LRWS for the spouse then your scores will jump to 374. You can then try for PNP. i believe it's possible
solatunde:
Congratulations to all who acced their IELTS and those who got ITA.

Please help calculate my CRS score;

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by solatunde: 7:24pm On Aug 10, 2018
@ArcUgo, many thanks for your response.

Please what's the minimum score needed to create a profile.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 7:36pm On Aug 10, 2018
mcstan18:

No issues, but it is advisable that they withdraw the wife's profile.

No nah, why withdraw the wife's profile. Each profile is independent of the other. Let the wife own still be there and the husband open his own. They can co-exist gracefully till ITA is gotten. grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by ArcUgo(m): 7:38pm On Aug 10, 2018
I can't say but you have to score 67 out 100 to be eligible.
solatunde:
@ArcUgo, many thanks for your response.

Please what's the minimum score needed to create a profile.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by ysteph: 7:41pm On Aug 10, 2018
I'll pass. Can't waste precious time getting into an argument with you. Good night.
Shyee:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by ysteph: 7:53pm On Aug 10, 2018
If hubby as PA will give 474, I'll say create the profile immediately. However, I will advise you to withdraw the profile with you as PA after the other profile has been created successfully.
Tee248490:
Hi everyone, please can both the husband and wife have a profile in the EE pool? To be precise, the wife has been the PA all the while but based on recent developments, the husband as the PA will take their score to 474 from 436. So they intend to create his profile with him as the PA.
Is there any issue with this?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by sunvick(m): 8:06pm On Aug 10, 2018
Please anty return my pen for me.

Uzzyan:
Hi fam,

I have searched the previous threads and checked out Glitteringstar's feedback on below but i didnt see the part that had the *one semester* bit.

So here is my question...

My ECA says "Completion of a college-level certificate (one semester) and bachelor's
degree (four years)"
does this still imply 2 or more certificates because of the "one semester" clause?

Tainkiu!

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by luffyhaki: 8:07pm On Aug 10, 2018
sunvick:

Lol
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Ifywhyteman: 8:09pm On Aug 10, 2018
God be praised...Collected my passports from Vfs Globals today. If you sent yours through a courier and wish to collect in person, you need to go with a means of identification (voters card, driver's licence or some other legal document that can be used to identify you), also I presented the mail sent to me by Vfs that showed my tracker number. Go to the first floor, booth 1 or 2 for collection...Thanks to everyone that assisted me by giving answers to my questions and for all that have been helping with other information. God bless you all...Don't know if I will be able to sleep this night...Can somebody get me Valium 5... grin grin grin

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by JustinTrudeau: 8:14pm On Aug 10, 2018
#Pray For Fredericton
sad sad sad
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by mosky47: 8:15pm On Aug 10, 2018
That's the advice given.
Always write your Listening and Reading answers in capital letters. It makes your writing clearer

OgechiBae:

I also wrote mine in capital letter and scaled through as well

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 8:16pm On Aug 10, 2018
LecturerIFE:

Yes. I applied this week, and I saw like 10 or so other names on the list applying for same to be sent to Wes. Total cost is N18500 - N1000 for confirmation of result and N17500 for the transcript and courier.

To avoid waste of time, make the 1k confirmation of result via remita before you go there.

Visit www.remita.net On the page, click on "Pay FGN and State TSA. A dropdown pops up, click on Federal Government of Nigeria. On the next page, fill the below.

i Name of MDA: Type National Examination Council (while typing National Examin... the name will come up itself)
ii Name of Service/Purpose: pick Tender Fees in the drop-down.
iii Description: Type Confirmation of result
iv Amount: 1000
v GIFMIS code: you can skip this as the field isn't compulsory
vi Payer's Full name: type your name as it appears on your certificate/statement of result
vi Payers Email: Please ensure you use a valid email address as you will need this to generate your Remita receipt.
vi Payers Phone: fill as you wish.
Complete the captcha and proceed to payment.

You can choose to pay with your card/bank's internet banking or take the generated RRR code and pay at any bank branch. Please save the RRR code.

If you pay with your card/bank's Internet banking, check your email for your remita receipt (not the same as your bank receipt... the remita receipt is generated and sent by Remita to your email) . In case you do not get the receipt in your email, go back to www.remita.net and click on Resend Receipt or Invoice, enter your RRR code and you should get the receipt in your mailbox.

You can skip the entire steps above by going to any bank branch and make the payment via Remita.

Take one copy of your Remita payment receipt, three copies of your certificate/statement of result and three copies of completed Academic Records Request form from Wes. If you are in Lagos, visit NECO office at 20(?), Coker Road, Ilupeju.

They will issue you a neco receipt of 1k, you then complete a form and submit with the other documents.

That's pretty much it.

I was told the forms will be sent to Neco head office in Minna for processing... this could take between 2 to 3 weeks to get to WES.

Please I would like to have feedback because NECO doesn’t have age on it am confused whether WES will accept it...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by CanadaPR: 8:33pm On Aug 10, 2018
Uzzyan:

A CIM Level 4 Diploma in Marketing

Really? Hmm this ought to yield 1 year.... Not funny at all. .

Proceed to level 6.... Intermediate level
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by sleekchic(f): 8:38pm On Aug 10, 2018
Shyee:

I don't understand why this person's post has been misunderstood. From what I saw, this person was only trying to encourage people to believe that passing writing in ielts is very possible (rather than assume that the ielts writing examiners have a vendetta against Nigerians). I agree it is very possible to do well in writing even though the unfortunate trend has been that a lot of people do very well in all other sections and writing holds them back. He/she even referred to someone that did well in writing and told people it is achievable but it seems some people didn't get the message . From my personal experience, a lot of people practice for the listening test more than any of the others hence the relatively high score in listening.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 8:41pm On Aug 10, 2018
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by sleekchic(f): 8:45pm On Aug 10, 2018
sleekchic:
Listening 9
Reading 7
Writing 6.5
Speaking 8.5

It is well o. Fellow IDP people please you can check yours too.

I would like to thank all who responded to my post. Thanks for the show of love. We won't be applying for a remark this time around. We will pursue the transcript harder so the dependent can add ECA to our CRS. Meanwhile we pray that the draw will drop and favor us at 435. This ielts palava has done us strong tin.especially to the family's pocket. Almost 500k has gone to it already , e don do for now. We will explore other options. God bless you all.

16 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Uzzyan: 8:58pm On Aug 10, 2018
sunvick:

Please leave me and my pen alone o. I am been emoshional rai now.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (612)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.