Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,810 members, 7,802,595 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:57 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 (904773 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (612) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Kmgb: 4:50pm On Aug 05, 2018
OK so I was updating my profile with spouse's IElts result,when I was done,I got another question asking if spouse did another language test. On the CRS calculator,this option doesn't exist,as it seems only the PA can have 2language tests. I thought of filling in dud figures just to see how much mark it will add,but then I remember we now know that whatever we fill in our profile even pre ITA is recorded in gcms notes,so I didn't try myself..
Anybody been in my shoes? Can an accompanying spouse take both IElts and TEF for instance,and get additional marks for it?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Eraytee: 5:02pm On Aug 05, 2018
part 5, hear the word of God... I'll conquer IELTS (3rd and final attempt), get ITA and announce my PPR. its done already. to God be the Glory. watch-out for my testimony grin. thanks to all behind the success/continuity of this thread.

19 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by nnysmuse: 5:05pm On Aug 05, 2018
Testimony loading...

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by smslive2: 5:14pm On Aug 05, 2018
Yes ooo... She was so helpful. It was for my bro though! The verification was done for him same day. Take one cold stout there
DonTee07:

Amen! Howfar with your OAU verification? Was the woman useful? It'll end well.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by ayusco85(m): 5:21pm On Aug 05, 2018
DonTee07:

28 years is good, you get max. point under age.
Dont worry, even if you get 3rd class, you will still do the EE
Is your 2.5 years inclusive of NYSC? If no, you will include it and you are good to go for work experience.
Is your sister in Canada your direct sibling? If yes, you will get points for her.

For your IETS General module, endeavour to score 8.5, 8.5, 7.5,7.5 in LWRS.

Why target next year ending when u can start right away and all things equal, you get ITA. By next year ending, you could have reduced 5 points from your age points.

Lastly, you need to read up. Come back and ask specific questions. Feel free to play around the crs tool link below.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

I played around with the crs tool and I filled in two information, one with spouse and the other as a single individual. I got CRS 408 for single and 452 with spouse.... What's Ur advice? Am abt getting married and I don't know if I should go ahead with the application as single or with spouse

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 5:36pm On Aug 05, 2018
smslive2:
Yes ooo... She was so helpful. It was for my bro though! The verification was done for him same day. Take one cold stout there

Nice one. You welcome Brother. Abeg mk the stout cold one...I no go mind Asun if available. wink

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by iaatmguy(m): 5:36pm On Aug 05, 2018
Welcome all to part 5...my PPR and COPR will be announced here IJN

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by luffyhaki: 5:38pm On Aug 05, 2018
DonTee07:

Nice one. You welcome Brother. Abeg mk the stout cold one...I no go mind Asun if available. wink

Una too like flex for this thread grin

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 5:41pm On Aug 05, 2018
ayusco85:

I played around with the crs tool and I filled in two information, one with spouse and the other as a single individual. I got CRS 408 for single and 452 with spouse.... What's Ur advice? Am abt getting married and I don't know if I should go ahead with the application as single or with spouse

With a score of 452, you are certain of ITA and you can marry afterwards but the decision is yours.

When do you intend to get married? You can not apply as single when married and vice versa.
After marriage, your spouse can evaluate her highest credentials and also sit for IETS. Like I told you earlier, start your process now. Cheers man.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by joo2018: 5:42pm On Aug 05, 2018
You are welcome.
Erums:

Hi.. In New too.. Can we move together
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Mandex11: 5:45pm On Aug 05, 2018
Started from 3,4,and now 5.

Hope it falls on me here.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Newbeecey: 5:47pm On Aug 05, 2018
Anyone knows has successfully gone ds route recently, please? cc ethelia mcstan18
Ethelia:

Spousal sponsorship. Its a separate process and has its own list of documents. Not really a big deal just that its time consuming (average 1yr processing). Google it and you'll find more than enough information
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by joo2018: 5:48pm On Aug 05, 2018
I don't know anything about running a TRV and PR process at the same time, but if her CRS score is good,
the PR process should be faster.
If you choose the family sponsorship option, you will have to land and meet certain conditions for the sponsorship and then wait another 12 months for processing.
adesbaba:

Am considering this pattern too...rather than d spouse sponsorship stuff.

But can she be coming to visit me in Canada bfr her PR stuff clicks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by ayusco85(m): 5:53pm On Aug 05, 2018
DonTee07:

With a score of 452, you are certain of ITA and you can marry afterwards but the decision is yours.

When do you intend to get married? You can not apply as single when married and vice versa.
After marriage, your spouse can evaluate her highest credentials and also sit for IETS. Like I told you earlier, start your process now. Cheers man.

I intend doing registry marriage around November this year, before the traditional and white to come early nxt year. Do u think I shld start now or after the registry (Ikoyi registry). The right Timing is my headache.....
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 6:13pm On Aug 05, 2018
Elfmannisback:

Research oh.
Already did that
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by joo2018: 6:18pm On Aug 05, 2018
I get the feeling.
Sorry to be a spoilsport, but to join the military first you have to be a landed PR for 3 straight years, spend another year processing your citizenship before you can apply.
You can be lucky though. They are thinking of relaxing the citizenship requirement.
https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4675889
Spygadgets19:
Lool abi na grin no dulling. I must knack their uniform

Rapture07:

like say you steal my tot

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 6:18pm On Aug 05, 2018
ayusco85:

I intend doing registry marriage around November this year, before the traditional and white to come early nxt year. Do u think I shld start now or after the registry (Ikoyi registry). The right Timing is my headache.....

You can start now as single.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Transformium: 6:30pm On Aug 05, 2018
ayusco85:

Dontee07 has answered your questions already. Whether or not you intend to get married by November doesn't change the fact that you have to get your credentials evaluated (ECA), study for IELTS, get your POF ready and also your Letter of reference.

You would need all of the above whether you are applying as a single applicant or as married applicant.

What should inform your decision is your CRS score and the amount required as POF. (Compare both as a single and as a married applicant. )

But start the process NOW!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Bambalee(m): 6:31pm On Aug 05, 2018
Hello my people, my brother wants to evaluate his credentials through IQAS. How reliable and efficient are they? I would also like to know what they evaluate HND and ND as in Canadian education standard. Is it 2 years Diploma respectively?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by ayusco85(m): 6:39pm On Aug 05, 2018
Transformium:

Dontee07 has answered your questions already. Whether or not you intend to get married by November doesn't change the fact that you have to get your credentials evaluated (ECA), study for IELTS, get your POF ready and also your Letter of reference.

You would need all of the above whether you are applying as a single applicant or as married applicant.

What should inform your decision is your CRS score and the amount required as POF. (Compare both as a single and as a married applicant. )

But start the process NOW!

OK. Let me start my Express entry profile. Thanks bro. I appreciate.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by balogunsam(m): 6:46pm On Aug 05, 2018
wow...witnessing another part of this awesome thread! So i remember i prayed i must not miss my PPR at the start of Part 4 and i did not! God came through! Part 5 is here, so i pray for those who are awaiting PPR, may you receive the good news sooner than you expect according to God's will for you. And for the ITA and IELTS people, we wish you speed also. The main thing is to stay strong and do all that is necessary while occupying oneself with enough things to ease the waiting for its not an easy one...especially for those who have all or almost all invested in the process. We launch this thread for more good news in the name of The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit! Let's go flourish fam!

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by ifeoluwakintan: 6:47pm On Aug 05, 2018
Congratulations to @Newmum0615, Am so happy for you and your family. May you remain blessed and favoured as you journey to Cannyland, Amen. Couldn't send my congratulatory message earlier was logged out by nairaland for almost 2months don't know what I did.

@everyone, be expectant your ECA, IELTS, ITA, PPR and COPR will be achieved speedily in Jesus Christ name Amen.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Bello321: 6:53pm On Aug 05, 2018
Oakville19:

Hi first time commenting but been following the thread since part, thanks to all the experts for all the invaluable information, entered the pool yesterday at 464, family of 4.

Just wanted to confirm if there is a downside to holding a government position eg special assistant to a govt official. Thanks

Nope there is none. They would only investigate to ensure that u've never been part of any crime nd dt ur Government does not support crime. But for case der wld b no issue

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by vocalprince(m): 6:57pm On Aug 05, 2018
Good evening my people.
Please I would appreciate any help on this question
IELTS
R 6.5
W. 6.5
L 8.0
S 7.5
Age is 29
CRS. 378
Work experience. 3years
Now each time I try to use the Eligibility tool, it tells me I am not eligible.
Please what can I do? My intention was to enter the pool with that score and wait for the next exam I would be writing.

Please kindly advice if maybe there is something I am not doing right.

Best Regards.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Sthill5: 7:05pm On Aug 05, 2018
AdaZion2018:
Remain resilient
Persevere
Focus
Determination
Positive attitude
Pray pray pray

The picture couldn't be more accurate!

I feel sooooo exhausted!

I came so close to nailing my 3rd Ielts attempt.
L-8.5
R-7
W-6.5
S-8.5

Remark came back unchanged. I never thought an exam can affect my self esteem so much.

Then Olabisi Onabanjo Uni keep saying they Haven't received verification request for my diploma from WES that has been sent TWICE already. The struggle is real

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by daaryour: 7:12pm On Aug 05, 2018
Sthill5:

I feel sooooo exhausted!

L-8.5
R-7
W-6.5
S-8.5

Remark came back unchanged. I never thought an exam can affect my self esteem so much.

Then Olabisi Onabanjo Uni keep saying they Haven't received verification request for my diploma from WES that has been sent TWICE already. The struggle is real
i feel sorry about that. pls how long did it take for the release of the outcome of the remark?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by JiggyFighter: 7:12pm On Aug 05, 2018
ayusco85:

You should maximize the time between now and when you get married. What you need to do now is to get your credential evaluated, register and study for IELTS because all this stuff wastes time and if you start after your wedding then that will take you another 3 months. By October/November, you should hopefully have your ECA done, and your IELTS result ready. Then, when you're married, you can register and you will most likely get ITA immediately.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 7:12pm On Aug 05, 2018
Sthill5:

I feel sooooo exhausted!

L-8.5
R-7
W-6.5
S-8.5

Its all going to be well. Which material(s) are you using for Writing? Hope it's not Jay on E2Language? If yes, in my *own* opinion...he didnt really do justice on it with those template he gave out. The examiner now know pple have templates and obviously mark people down

Re-do it. Use LIZ, ielts advantage.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Nobody: 7:14pm On Aug 05, 2018
vocalprince:
Good evening my people.
Please I would appreciate any help on this question
IELTS
R 6.5
W. 6.5
L 8.0
S 7.5
Age is 29
CRS. 378
Work experience. 3years
Now each time I try to use the Eligibility tool, it tells me I am not eligible.
Please what can I do? My intention was to enter the pool with that score and wait for the next exam I would be writing.

Please kindly advice if maybe there is something I am not doing right.

Best Regards.

You can open your EE profile with those score. Check again to know you're entering all info correctly.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by mumayo: 7:16pm On Aug 05, 2018
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]Marking register
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 by Sthill5: 7:16pm On Aug 05, 2018
daaryour:
i feel sorry about that. pls how long did it take for the release of the outcome of the remark?

11 days
MOD

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (612)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.