Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,158 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:53 AM

Please help, I was scammed! (Land Grabbers) Omoniles - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Please help, I was scammed! (Land Grabbers) Omoniles (1406 Views)

Two Suspected Land Grabbers Arrested For Invading Ogun Community / Officers Injured As Ogun Cultists, Land Grabbers, Police Clash / Land Grabbers Arrested By Soldiers After Opening Fire On Farmers In Edo. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please help, I was scammed! (Land Grabbers) Omoniles by Voy(m): 9:08pm On Aug 04, 2018
Here is the narration of the terrible experience i had which left me wondering if honest and trustworthy people still exist.

I'm Mba Onyekachukwu John. Sometime ago, in September last year, i was planning to relocate from my previous apartment and my sister in-law's friend called Mr Emmanuel Chukwuemeka Nwankwo who was leaving on the next street (baba kpomile) in onipetesi estate and who paraded himself as landlord of the apartment he was living in which is worth over a hundred million naira . Unknown to me this claim was false and since i never suspected any false play ,I never bothered to make enquiries on the validity of his claim of ownership of the afore mentioned property.Back then, he was always telling us that he rented a two bedroom apartment to my sister in-law and we also confirmed truly he rented her an apartment in the same building although he later refunded back the money because of issues based on agency and agreement fees.

Then Mr Emmanuel was building his own personal house where I am living presently at same onipetesi estate. Before packing into Mr Emmanuel's apartment I paid him 2,000,0000 for two years even when the buildings project was still at tailing level and he asked “will you continue paying a million per Annum?”

Then he went on to narrate how he bought his land promising to take me to one baba alhaji Kazem Adeagbo Ikpadiola and at no 4 atiba close was baba's apartment just a stone throw from ours.

We scheduled on meeting Baba. The day came, myself and Mr Emmanuel left for Baba’s house and on getting there I saw an awesome elderly man above 75 years . I never suspected anything fishy because I went with my landlord (Mr Emmanuel) and the man (Baba) in question is an old man who communicates gently. Then upon negotiations we agreed on 8 million for a plot of land that was situated at adekpeju street next to our street which is ajakaiye street.
On inspection,I saw the land with some old building at some parts.

Then I requested for search documents which I gave to a good friend of mine at land department in ikeja local government and he confirmed the genuinity of the name on the property and gave me a go ahead in the purchase . All documents are with me, although the name on the search documents wasn't baba ikpadiola's name but then upon inquiry, he said it was his great grand father's name.
A friend to my sister in-law and Mr Emmanuel confirmed they gave him same document in the process of purchasing theirs and so assured me not to worry as he has been dealing with these folks for over ten years ago.

Then with all the assurance i got, i couldn't wait for my lawyer that travelled to federal capital to return for further investigation before going ahead to make payment on 20th September 2017 through my personal account in fcmb bank account.
A receipt and deed of assignment was prepared and signed by both parties after my lawyer came back the next week ,i trusted these people to leave my money with them a week before my lawyer got back to prepare that deed of assignment, then they went on to sale another half plot at 3m to me making it 11million I gave to baba, and the last 3million was cash from sold items cos I am a business man, and after a week they promised me to start work because baba said he's going to share money to the family and settle everyone before i start work on the land, I waited patiently for a week to start working on my one and half plot of land I bought, to my surprise when i started fencing people will bring down my fence saying its a community land and all that, to cap it all, my land has not been given to me till date; the landlord in the apartment I live in took extra 750K from me that same day I paid the 8million naira. when I discovered it was a planned deal with baba and my landlord ,I involved my lawyer on the process of my lawyer getting them to undergo a written documents stating when to pay back which his lawyer and mine came to memorandum to pay on 15th of January 2018 but instead the planned refund ,he went to the police station at alagbon to petition me over threat of life which I never did, cos they refused to either give me a document for the last 3million as they promised to return that 3million of cash when i started raising alarms which was when noticed it was a scam, police concluded he will be charged to court if he didn't pay after all investigation but the case was still withheld from going to court maybe because I didn't "settle".

Then I decided to write a petition to EFCC which is where the case is presently but they weren't even doing anything about it, they were so slow in handling the matter.

I heartily plead that the media intervene and help in every way possible to get back my money as i am already tired of the pocket-draining extortions.
Thank you.

1 Share

Re: Please help, I was scammed! (Land Grabbers) Omoniles by imasong005(m): 9:17pm On Aug 04, 2018
Thunder from the westside, fish him out

1 Like

Re: Please help, I was scammed! (Land Grabbers) Omoniles by Sisijetue(f): 10:39pm On Aug 04, 2018
Why arrest one of his friends? Someone cannot be a friend in peace

2 Likes

Re: Please help, I was scammed! (Land Grabbers) Omoniles by afolabia143: 6:41am On Aug 05, 2018
Go to his bank with police order get his full transaction statement and trace anyone that has been sending him money from there you can get his family member ..
Re: Please help, I was scammed! (Land Grabbers) Omoniles by Voy(m): 9:13am On Aug 05, 2018
Sisijetue:
Why arrest one of his friends? Someone cannot be a friend in peace
u jus don’t keep bad frnds

1 Like

Re: Please help, I was scammed! (Land Grabbers) Omoniles by Voy(m): 9:14am On Aug 05, 2018
afolabia143:
Go to his bank with police order get his full transaction statement and trace anyone that has been sending him money from there you can get his family member ..
it was a flash alert
Re: Please help, I was scammed! (Land Grabbers) Omoniles by adecz: 11:05am On Aug 05, 2018
shocked

Do your arithmetics.

You said N1.40,
while the actual total (as posted by you)
is N1.04.

So, who do we believe ?
You or the "scammer"?

undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Please help, I was scammed! (Land Grabbers) Omoniles by fatymore(f): 1:18pm On Aug 05, 2018
Oya funwo legbegbe
Re: Please help, I was scammed! (Land Grabbers) Omoniles by FaceThem: 5:30pm On Aug 05, 2018
Try And Be Smart, NEXT TIME when doing business
Re: Please help, I was scammed! (Land Grabbers) Omoniles by Voy(m): 9:27pm On Aug 05, 2018
adecz:
shocked

Do your arithmetics.

You said N1.40,
is N1.04.

So, who do we believe ?
You or the "scammer"?

undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
1.40 is not 1.4
Re: Please help, I was scammed! (Land Grabbers) Omoniles by adecz: 10:09pm On Aug 05, 2018
Voy:
1.40 is not 1.4

1.4 is same as 1.40!!

Abi na night school u go ? angry angry

The total is N1.04 m, not N1.4m !!!!
Re: Please help, I was scammed! (Land Grabbers) Omoniles by Voy(m): 8:38pm On Aug 06, 2018
adecz:

1.4 is same as 1.40!!

Abi na night school u go ? angry angry

The total is N1.04 m, not N1.4m !!!!
i concur

Night class? No o na morning class I go buh na fufu I Dey always chop for cafeteria whn my mate Dey class

Tnx tho

1 Like

Re: Please help, I was scammed! (Land Grabbers) Omoniles by Nellychinma20(f): 8:49pm On Aug 06, 2018
adecz:
shocked

Do your arithmetics.

You said N1.40,
is N1.04.

So, who do we believe ?
You or the "scammer"?

undecided undecided undecided undecided

If only u put so much attention into a business

U won't be where u are now
Re: Please help, I was scammed! (Land Grabbers) Omoniles by Voy(m): 10:37am On Aug 24, 2018
Omoniles
Voy:
Here is the narration of the terrible experience i had which left me wondering if honest and trustworthy people still exist.

I'm Mba Onyekachukwu John. Sometime ago, in September last year, i was planning to relocate from my previous apartment and my sister in-law's friend called Mr Emmanuel Chukwuemeka Nwankwo who was leaving on the next street (baba kpomile) in onipetesi estate and who paraded himself as landlord of the apartment he was living in which is worth over a hundred million naira . Unknown to me this claim was false and since i never suspected any false play ,I never bothered to make enquiries on the validity of his claim of ownership of the afore mentioned property.Back then, he was always telling us that he rented a two bedroom apartment to my sister in-law and we also confirmed truly he rented her an apartment in the same building although he later refunded back the money because of issues based on agency and agreement fees.

Then Mr Emmanuel was building his own personal house where I am living presently at same onipetesi estate. Before packing into Mr Emmanuel's apartment I paid him 2,000,0000 for two years even when the buildings project was still at tailing level and he asked “will you continue paying a million per Annum?”

Then he went on to narrate how he bought his land promising to take me to one baba alhaji Kazem Adeagbo Ikpadiola and at no 4 atiba close was baba's apartment just a stone throw from ours.

We scheduled on meeting Baba. The day came, myself and Mr Emmanuel left for Baba’s house and on getting there I saw an awesome elderly man above 75 years . I never suspected anything fishy because I went with my landlord (Mr Emmanuel) and the man (Baba) in question is an old man who communicates gently. Then upon negotiations we agreed on 8 million for a plot of land that was situated at adekpeju street next to our street which is ajakaiye street.
On inspection,I saw the land with some old building at some parts.

Then I requested for search documents which I gave to a good friend of mine at land department in ikeja local government and he confirmed the genuinity of the name on the property and gave me a go ahead in the purchase . All documents are with me, although the name on the search documents wasn't baba ikpadiola's name but then upon inquiry, he said it was his great grand father's name.
A friend to my sister in-law and Mr Emmanuel confirmed they gave him same document in the process of purchasing theirs and so assured me not to worry as he has been dealing with these folks for over ten years ago.

Then with all the assurance i got, i couldn't wait for my lawyer that travelled to federal capital to return for further investigation before going ahead to make payment on 20th September 2017 through my personal account in fcmb bank account.
A receipt and deed of assignment was prepared and signed by both parties after my lawyer came back the next week ,i trusted these people to leave my money with them a week before my lawyer got back to prepare that deed of assignment, then they went on to sale another half plot at 3m to me making it 11million I gave to baba, and the last 3million was cash from sold items cos I am a business man, and after a week they promised me to start work because baba said he's going to share money to the family and settle everyone before i start work on the land, I waited patiently for a week to start working on my one and half plot of land I bought, to my surprise when i started fencing people will bring down my fence saying its a community land and all that, to cap it all, my land has not been given to me till date; the landlord in the apartment I live in took extra 750K from me that same day I paid the 8million naira. when I discovered it was a planned deal with baba and my landlord ,I involved my lawyer on the process of my lawyer getting them to undergo a written documents stating when to pay back which his lawyer and mine came to memorandum to pay on 15th of January 2018 but instead the planned refund ,he went to the police station at alagbon to petition me over threat of life which I never did, cos they refused to either give me a document for the last 3million as they promised to return that 3million of cash when i started raising alarms which was when noticed it was a scam, police concluded he will be charged to court if he didn't pay after all investigation but the case was still withheld from going to court maybe because I didn't "settle".

Then I decided to write a petition to EFCC which is where the case is presently but they weren't even doing anything about it, they were so slow in handling the matter.

I heartily plead that the media intervene and help in every way possible to get back my money as i am already tired of the pocket-draining extortions.
Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

H / Two Bricklayers Spotted Fighting On Mixed Cement In An Ongoing Building (photos) / BikeMen Shot At Close Range By Unknown Gun Men Just Now AT A Bustop.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.