Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,963 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:32 AM

Sanni Keita's Life Under Threat - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sanni Keita's Life Under Threat (1356 Views)

Keita Accuses Pepe For Racism / Nigerians Must Apologise To Sanni Kaita-Onigbinde has come again o. / Kader Keita, Disgusting Cheat Of The World Cup 2010 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sanni Keita's Life Under Threat by AndreUweh(m): 9:55pm On Jun 19, 2010
Nigeria's Sani Kaita threatened over Greece red card

Nigeria midfielder Sani Kaita has revealed he received death threats after his sending-off in the 2-1 Group B defeat to Greece.
The Africans were leading when Kaita clashed with Vasileios Torosidis on the touchline, aiming a kick at his Greek opponent.

Costly: Sani Kaita reacts in horror as he is sent off against Greece
Kaita was shown a red card and Nigeria went on to concede two goals to put their qualification for the knockout stage in jeopardy.
After the match Kaita said he had received a number of threats via email.
'Yes, I have received some threats to my life,' he told the German media. 'They were sent to my email but I'm not disturbed about that because as a Muslim, only God decides who lives and who dies.
'"Everything on this Earth is in God's hands, whether it is your life or whatever and unless God allows it, no-one has the power to kill me.
'Only God knows what will happen tomorrow. He holds our destiny. That is what my religion teaches me.'
The incident has chilling echoes of Colombia defender Andres Escobar, who was murdered on his return to his homeland after the 1994 World Cup.
Escobar was shot in an incident believed to be linked to his own goal which eliminated the South Americans and allowed hosts United States to progress to the next round of the 1994 World Cup, which reportedly resulted in huge gambling losses for a number of the country's major drug cartels.

Down and out: Greece's Vasileios Torosidis reacts to Sani Kaita's foul
However, Kaita played down such a link.
'I won't liken my case to that of Escobar because everyone has his destiny on this earth,' said the Nigerian.
Kaita admitted to having sleepless nights after his dismissal against Greece.

'I cannot stop apologising to all Nigerians for making this costly mistake,' said the 24-year-old.
'I couldn't sleep thinking about what my action has cost my country, but I hope we will win our next game (against South Korea) and qualify for the next round, where I hope to redeem my image with a good performance.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/worldcup2010/article-1287947/Nigerias-Sani-Kaita-threatened-Greece-red-card.html
Re: Sanni Keita's Life Under Threat by AndreUweh(m): 9:57pm On Jun 19, 2010
Sanni Keita's life is more important than the loss to Greece. Please, let there not be threats to Keita's life.

(1) (Reply)

65 Years Old Woman, Never Ran Before, Runs For The First Time And Wins Marathon / The Manchester Derby; Who Will Win It? / Victor Anichebe Celebrates His 27th Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.