Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:21 PM

What Is The Difference Between Faith And Hope? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Difference Between Faith And Hope? (9478 Views)

The Difference Between Faith And Religion Is Very Simple. / What Is The Difference Between Faith And Trust? / Faith And David Oyedepo During Their Courtship Days (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: What Is The Difference Between Faith And Hope? by LastSurvivor11: 7:03pm On Aug 06, 2018
DeWorlex45:
I like dis Logic. If FAITH is believing dt something had already been done, & in reality, nothing is actually been done; then where is d power of dis FAITH.

I therefore think dat Faith is what is needed for ones Hope to be Stronger. E.g, ''I have FAITH in GOD that my HOPE of getting $1million dis week will come to pass''.

But does that in any way translate to reality? if not them faith seems to me as a mere word that doesn't have reality value rather than to just believe and keep believing even when it's not working..
Re: What Is The Difference Between Faith And Hope? by daveson07: 3:37pm On Aug 07, 2018
spencekat:
Heb 11:1.How do you have faith without hoping for it first?
U quote a bible verse dat u don't even understand

without faith,there z ntin like hope,,,and u said hope z d foundation of faith whereas it's the opposite
Re: What Is The Difference Between Faith And Hope? by DeWorlex45(m): 6:03pm On Aug 07, 2018
LastSurvivor11:

But does that in any way translate to reality? if not them faith seems to me as a mere word that doesn't have reality value rather than to just believe and keep believing even when it's not working..
U are right to some extent, i think as a CHRISTIAAN, believers are admonished to walk by Faith,, JESUS even said '''if ur Faith is as Little as a Mustard Seed, u will say to d mountain to be removed.. LK 17;6.

I think religion is wat introduced wat is termed FAITH into human memory right from d bible days & man has been living with d phenomenon since age long. Everybody now believes dt any imaginary feelings or desires could come to reality by proffessing FAITH.

Many of us are brought up in families where FAITH in GOD is strictly instilled in us.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Quotes From Famous Men About The Bible. / In Defence Of Catholics (Accusation On Worshiping Statues) / 2018 Top 10 Richest Pastors In Edo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.