Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,408 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:35 AM

Opinion Needed - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Opinion Needed (1672 Views)

How Nightshift Working Mums Cope *opinion Needed* / #OPINION : Does Marriage Even Make Sense Anymore? / Lady Shares Opinion On Women Not Having Children Against Husband's Wish (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion Needed by yankison(m): 11:42am On Aug 05, 2018
Please is 1.5 million naira too small for an average wedding, because I can't understand this woman again saying it's too small ...your candid advice is needed

Thanks
Re: Opinion Needed by sisisioge: 1:02pm On Aug 05, 2018
Is your definition of average same as hers?

500k will entertain 200 guests in a simple hotel lounge. Hotel will come decorated with chairs, tables, lighting, music, food and drinks.

Another 500k will take care of your cloths and accessories, photographs, video...keeping it simple.

For a fair family, 250k should take care of the marriage list and cake.

50k should take care of the marriage documentation.

100k should take of the transportation and other logistics.

100k for other unforseen contingencies.

The key is to maintain tastefulness in your choices. Dress nicely, no too much colours (I swearit, loud colours only look nice when the wedding is above average grin), choose a good venue, be selective with your guest list( I swearit, shabby lookers spoil any event), encourage madam to not mess with too much colours on her face, get a good photographer.... And all will be well grin

7 Likes

Re: Opinion Needed by yankison(m): 2:29pm On Aug 05, 2018
sisisioge:
Is your definition of average same as hers?

500k will entertain 200 guests on a simple hotel lounge. Hotel will come decorated with chairs, tables, lighting, music, food and drinks.

Another 500k will take care of your cloths and accessories, photographs, video...keeping it simple.

For a fair family, 250k should take care of the marriage list and cake.

Oh I'm so grateful to you ...I still welcome more opinions please

50k should take care of the marriage documentation.

100k should take of the transportation and other logistics.

100k for other unforseen contingencies.

The key is to maintain tastefulness in your choices. Dress nicely, no too much colours (I swearit, loud colours only look nice when the wedding is above average grin), choose a good venue, be selective with your guest list( I swearit, shabby lookers spoil any event), encourage madam to not mess with too much colours on her face, get a good photographer.... And all will be well grin
Re: Opinion Needed by uboma(m): 3:47pm On Aug 05, 2018
yankison:
Please is 1.5 million naira too small for an average wedding, because I can't understand this woman again saying it's too small ...your candid advice is needed

Thanks

Make her understand that there is life after the wedding day.

A lady who feels that NGN1.5m is too small to organise a wedding ceremony is a materialistic person

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion Needed by veekthoor(m): 3:57pm On Aug 05, 2018
My friend you are in trouble. You are planning to marry her?

Try to reason with her, make her understand that after the wedding,there is marriage and marriage is a long thing.

grin If she doesn't want the wedding ,bring that 1.5 mills to me I have a business proposal.

10 Likes

Re: Opinion Needed by Agbaletu: 5:50pm On Aug 05, 2018
veekthoor:

grin If she doesn't want the wedding ,bring that 1.5 mills to me I have a business proposal.
Lol.
What kind of business proposal?
Re: Opinion Needed by Nobody: 6:33pm On Aug 05, 2018
1.5mil to gather people and feed guests wey siddon their own jeje, in one day? I hope you have a solid back up sha, there is more to marriage than all them glitters and glee bro! . Do you know what it takes to save 1.5 million naira? What happens to have a low-key wedding with less than 300k and using the rest money to empower your woman?

Start buying properties and consider building a house? Abi una wan pay rent die?... What do I know sef undecided

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion Needed by Acidosis(m): 7:24pm On Aug 05, 2018
It depends on how much you have in your account. Foolishness is when you spend all you have ever saved on a wedding ceremony. If your marriage eats up to 50% of your overall net worth without a clear cut strategy of recovering within a short period of time, then you're blind and senseless.

Ask yourself, can Dangote spend even 10% of his worth on a wedding ceremony?

If your fiancee says your net worth is too small to cover her wedding target, then she's not your wife, you're about marrying someone else's wife.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion Needed by LewsTherin: 8:44pm On Aug 05, 2018
I remember the story of a man who after his daughter's wedding calculatrd everything he spent and the monetary value of every gift he received and went “what nonsense. Only 45 naira profit. Nonsense! ”

2 Likes

Re: Opinion Needed by sisisioge: 9:00pm On Aug 05, 2018
yettymuse:
1.5mil to gather people and feed guests wey siddon their own jeje, in one day? I hope you have a solid back up sha, there is more to marriage than all them glitters and glory o. Do you know what it takes to save 1.5 million naira? What happens to have a low-key wedding with less than 300k and using the rest money to empower your woman?

Start buying properties and consider building a house? Abi una wan pay rent die?... What do I know sef undecided

300k ke! Na wa o. No kuku call people grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Opinion Needed by TheeDetective: 10:53pm On Aug 05, 2018
Wait o, how much has your wife to be contributed to this 1.5M that she is complaining that it is too small? undecided Remind her say make una spend money small small o as after wedding una still go chop o grin. That said, cut your coat according to your size and if she’s still complaining that the money is still too small then she can as well add more to it herself. Don’t stress yourself o before you come enter debt.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion Needed by mankettle(m): 11:13pm On Aug 05, 2018
1.5 m is fair. if she wants to do extra push the costs on her. be firm. after marriage there is life. and also responsibilities like setting up the home etc. in pre buhari era if you are lucky u may get a lot of household items like generators fridge etc, but not now. so explain to her. you will need more money after the wedding day. PS. what do I know sef. your wedding your costs, I will do the basics anything extra is on you
Re: Opinion Needed by LoveThemChubby(m): 7:54pm On Aug 06, 2018
I think the mere talks wont solve any problem. Is there anybody in the house who has been able to do a wedding (I think the op means trad and white) with 1.5? The person should help summarize the expenditure to better help and many others who will need this info some other times. Let's not forget that traditional marriage rights differ from culture to culture so a break though and separation of traditional and white wedding cost will do a lot better.
Re: Opinion Needed by yankison(m): 1:38pm On Aug 07, 2018
LoveThemChubby:
I think the mere talks wont solve any problem. Is there anybody in the house who has been able to do a wedding (I think the op means trad and white) with 1.5? The person should help summarize the expenditure to better help and many others who will need this info some other times. Let's not forget that traditional marriage rights differ from culture to culture so a break though and separation of traditional and white wedding cost will do a lot better.

Thank you .... Right now she doesn't work so I'm going to be footing all this bills ....how do I break down the expenses ..I can solidly afford the 1.5 milion and it wouldn't affect me, but the problem is she telling me things are too expensive now and can't be enough ..

I'm about switching to bachelorhood again
Re: Opinion Needed by eniolorunfe: 2:18pm On Aug 07, 2018
yankison:

Thank you .... Right now she doesn't work so I'm going to be footing all this bills ....how do I break down the expenses ..I can solidly afford the 1.5 milion and it wouldn't affect me, but the problem is she telling me things are too expensive now and can't be enough ..

She doesn't work , she isn't contributing and she's saying it's not enough

Best of luck bro lipsrsealed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion Needed by Nobody: 4:00pm On Aug 07, 2018
A 1.5 million naira wedding is too small for her when she doesn't work and won't be contributing? Well, at least you know the type of person you're marrying.

Let her know 1.5 is what you can afford, and that you two have your lives to live after the wedding.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion Needed by LoveThemChubby(m): 4:34pm On Aug 07, 2018
yankison:

Don't port yet bro. Ask her to prepare a budget and then you guys can consider it together and make adjustments where necessary. She working base on assumptions. A clear budget can convince her.
Note: if she can't or doesn't want to do it, you do it yourself and show her why u feel it will be sufficient.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion Needed by Nobody: 7:05pm On Aug 07, 2018
You've probably given her the wrong impression that Dangote is your dad otherwise I think she's the kind of wife that won't be good in home management and economics.

And she's also seen too many Asoebi Bella wedding pictures and already has the perfect wedding picture in her head.

Talk to her and Let her know what's up.

1 Like

Re: Opinion Needed by resurgent2019: 12:21am On Aug 08, 2018
Na wa ooo, so people still dey use big money do wedding this Buhari period? Wonders shall never end. It seems this OP is a big boy. Any girl that dare tells me 1.5 million is too small for wedding will be dumped immediately. To rub salt on injury, the said girl doesn’t work.

To follow girl wey dey work sef na wahala, let alone a jobless girl. It seems OP is a very rich and comfortable guy. grin God will help you to do the wedding since you are capable.
Re: Opinion Needed by LoveThemChubby(m): 7:14am On Aug 08, 2018
resurgent2019:
Na wa ooo, so people still dey use big money do wedding this Buhari period? Wonders shall never end. It seems this OP is a big boy. Any girl that dare tells me 1.5 million is too small for wedding will be dumped immediately. To rub salt on injury, the said girl doesn’t work.

To follow girl wey dey work sef na wahala, let alone a jobless girl. It seems OP is a very rich and comfortable guy. grin God will help you to do the wedding since you are capable.
Please the Op asked for council on the right thing to do and I think that should be our focus. The girl might have her reasons for saying that even though her approach was wrong. For instance, 500k might not be enough for traditional marriage in some traditions. I am going to be doing my best to list out some vital items for the white wedding and anybody with vital info on the costing should please append the price so the OP can be properly guided as he requested.
Re: Opinion Needed by LoveThemChubby(m): 12:14pm On Aug 08, 2018
1. Food and drinks for 200 guests
Note: the food has to be a bit mixed depending on the culture of the area.
Re: Opinion Needed by LoveThemChubby(m): 12:16pm On Aug 08, 2018
2. Wears e.g
a. rings
b. bride and groom's wears (suite and gown)
c. shoes
Re: Opinion Needed by LoveThemChubby(m): 12:16pm On Aug 08, 2018
3. venue e.g renting of venue and decoration
Re: Opinion Needed by LoveThemChubby(m): 12:23pm On Aug 08, 2018
4. Souvenirs
Re: Opinion Needed by LoveThemChubby(m): 12:24pm On Aug 08, 2018
5. wedding cake
Re: Opinion Needed by LoveThemChubby(m): 12:24pm On Aug 08, 2018
6. DJ and MC fee
Re: Opinion Needed by LoveThemChubby(m): 12:25pm On Aug 08, 2018
7. Cameraman
a. pictures
b. video
Re: Opinion Needed by Lovelypet28: 4:36pm On Aug 10, 2018
yankison:

Thanks

1.5 million naira is barely enough to fund a wedding, both trad and white wedding, i can say this because am also planning my wedding, if your swt hrt is ibo you know its almost impossible,the marriage list has taken half of the money.Am sure ur family members, uncles and aunties should be able to contribute too, even if your wife is not working which i know is temporary, her family should be able to contribute too, joint effort.I and hubby quarrel almost everyday on budget and stuff, but things are so expensive in the market, i have to forgo a lot of things, GOD WILL HELP YOU.
Re: Opinion Needed by Eponyeeboz: 4:10am On Aug 13, 2018
yankison:

Shelve the wedding plans until one of two things happen:
1. She comes back to her senses and agrees to go with the budget.
2. You meet a more sensible woman who appreciates what you're bringing and manages it prudently.

Someone who can't manage a 1.5M budget can never be contented with 15M budget.

Nobody dey collect award for best wedding, no let that girl ruin you.
Re: Opinion Needed by Eponyeeboz: 4:23am On Aug 13, 2018
Lovelypet28:

1.5 million naira is barely enough to fund a wedding, both trad and white wedding, i can say this because am also planning my wedding, if your swt hrt is ibo you know its almost impossible,the marriage list has taken half of the money.Am sure ur family members, uncles and aunties should be able to contribute too, even if your wife is not working which i know is temporary, her family should be able to contribute too, joint effort.I and hubby quarrel almost everyday on budget and stuff, but things are so expensive in the market, i have to forgo a lot of things, GOD WILL HELP YOU.

Even if she's Igbo, go to the East and see the number of wedding ceremonies conducted every weekend by people with less than 500k.

Or you want to tell me that okada riders, artisans and petty traders in Igboland marry with more than 1.5M?

The problem people have is that they invite all and sundry to their weddings. It's better to have 200 quality and respectable persons as guests than a legion of riff-raffs eating like horses.

And you know say horse no dey belleful?
Re: Opinion Needed by shugasofttouch: 11:12am On Aug 13, 2018
yankison:

Thanks
Really?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Muslim Bride Cries As She Is About To Be Turned To An "Eleha" / Iam Depressed Encourage Me Or Tell Me What I Ain't Seeing. / 10 Ways This Lovely Couple Connected With Their Unborn Child(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.