Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,511 members, 7,808,866 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:19 PM

Did You Know You Can Make Enough Money From Albino Rat Breeding? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Did You Know You Can Make Enough Money From Albino Rat Breeding? (4816 Views)

5 Reasons Your Small Business Isn’t Making Enough Money / White Rat, Albino Rat Or Laboratory Rat For Sale / 10 Businesses That Can Make You Rich In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did You Know You Can Make Enough Money From Albino Rat Breeding? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Aug 05, 2018
Yes, albino rats breeding is a very lucrative business you can start up with just N20,000-30,000 and make about N500,000 in a year. You can even make more

I'm going to take you through this because it's something I have done and it's has been a sucess

2 Likes

Re: Did You Know You Can Make Enough Money From Albino Rat Breeding? by delishpot: 1:10pm On Aug 05, 2018
nwabekeyi:
Yes, albino rats breeding is a very lucrative business you can start up with just N20,000-30,000 and make about N500,000 in a year. You can even make more

I'm going to take you through this because it's something I have done and it's has been a sucess

What do they use them for?
Re: Did You Know You Can Make Enough Money From Albino Rat Breeding? by LuciferChristi: 1:19pm On Aug 05, 2018
delishpot:

What do they use them for?

Lab rats
Re: Did You Know You Can Make Enough Money From Albino Rat Breeding? by LuciferChristi: 1:20pm On Aug 05, 2018
nwabekeyi:

OP, I have over 1,000 Afonja rats running around my compound.

Come take them for free.
Re: Did You Know You Can Make Enough Money From Albino Rat Breeding? by Nobody: 1:24pm On Aug 05, 2018
I know what's going through your mind now.

You are like, where's the market for these rats.

I'm going to be using UNN biochemistry department as an example here. If you have say 150 final year students, normally about 80-90% of all undergraduate project in this department is done with albino rats. The minimum sample size is 5albino rats by 5 groups, that's 25. If 80% of 150students need 25 rats each, that's a total of 3,000rats.

Each rat sales for 600, now do the maths, yes N1,800,00. And that's just for undergraduate, department of biochemistry alone.

I have not include postgraduate, research institutes, and other departments.

2 Likes

Re: Did You Know You Can Make Enough Money From Albino Rat Breeding? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Aug 05, 2018
Interesting.. I also know of Dietetics department in UNN that do rat studies for their projects every year. If u have any info about rearing them please share
Re: Did You Know You Can Make Enough Money From Albino Rat Breeding? by Esthy96: 1:57pm On Aug 05, 2018
Greeting everyone. Admin i dont know if this is thet section to post this but if its wrong then pls help me move it to the right section. If you are in need of urgent intantly small loan of cash between #5000 to #10000 then try this social borrower. I got 10k loan fromw in less than 30 minute. No colleteral no document requíre. However. You need to be active on your social media, either facebook or twitter to get instant approval. I need higher amount from them 50k but my social repution point is low and i can only access 30k right now with my point though i already repay my first loan. If you are interested in the loan PLEASE REGISTER FROM MY LINK IN MY SIGNATURE TO HELP MY POINT INCREASE PLS. Note. You dont need to refer anyone to get a loan as first apply but if you need high amount then u need to increase you. See my signature for link to register or send me pm for the link.
Re: Did You Know You Can Make Enough Money From Albino Rat Breeding? by czarina(f): 8:05pm On Aug 05, 2018
Op continue, I'm following
Re: Did You Know You Can Make Enough Money From Albino Rat Breeding? by Nobody: 9:36am On Aug 06, 2018
Re: Did You Know You Can Make Enough Money From Albino Rat Breeding? by Nobody: 9:42am On Aug 06, 2018
Sorry I was off, now let's continue...

So what do you need to know to get started?

1. It's not capital intensive. I started with N25,000, I made a cage with N8,000, bought 13 albino rats (10females and 3 males) for N7,800, I got one bag of feed for N3,500 and used the remaining for other mini-expenses...

2. Rat can multiply very fast, as a matter of fact, I got 70new rats after just 2months. Guess what, they multiplly geometrically, you can end up with 1,000 rats with a start up of 13rats in just 6months, so you have to be ready to accommodate lots of them.

3. The are extremely cheap to feed, I feed mine with growers chicken feed, which sales for about N3,500 for a bag. If you start with 13 rats like I did, one bag of feed can feed them for 2-3months.

4. You need to know how to breed them, take care of them when pregnant and take care of their pups (kids), it's pretty easy though, we will go through it.
Re: Did You Know You Can Make Enough Money From Albino Rat Breeding? by Nobody: 9:54am On Aug 06, 2018
What do you need to get started?

1. A cage (made of strong wood and iron gauze), I will upload pictorial discrimination of one of my cages subsequently.

2. One bag of feed

3. An Ideal startup population of 10 females and 2 males. You have to be careful in selecting males hence you might end up with a sexually inactive males, so I always advice you get 4males, 2 for backup, in case if anyone of them turns out to be sexually inactive. Typically, you will know when a male is sexually active by introducing a new female, he will try to Mount her or sniff her vagina, also look out for the sizes of their testicle.

4. You will need food feeders and water feeders, I constructed mine myself by using disposed sardine containers for food feeder and disposed plastic coke/water containers and pen case for the water feeders.

5. You will need a strong rubber hand glove if you don't want to be touching their faeces when cleaning the cages.

1 Like

Re: Did You Know You Can Make Enough Money From Albino Rat Breeding? by Nobody: 10:03am On Aug 06, 2018
Note: it's important you study a rat carefully before purchasing, albino rats are prone to respiratory tract infections and it has a genetic undertone, meaning you cannot breed a rat with this infection as it will results in multiple offspring who are prone to this infections. This infection can affect the quality of life of these rats, It can even effect their sexual life. Most males with RIT usually are not sexually active.

It will affect your output and also the quality of rats you breed, no scientist will want to purchase an infected rat from you, so you need to watch out for this.

Typically, you will know a rat that if infected from it's breth, infected rats make breathing sounds from breathing difficulties and they sneeze a lot. If you notice such rat, please don't breed the rat.

And again, you have to study the rata temperament, don't breed an aggressive rat.
Re: Did You Know You Can Make Enough Money From Albino Rat Breeding? by Nobody: 10:04am On Aug 06, 2018
I think, I may have to take questions now, if there's anything you want to know about albino rat business. Let me know, I am here to help you start
Re: Did You Know You Can Make Enough Money From Albino Rat Breeding? by Nobody: 10:06am On Aug 06, 2018
You can make a lot of money from this, if you plan it well. I the last project season, I sold about 1,400 rats at about 600naira each.

Do the maths and guess what? It gets sacrce during season, it can even make some project supervisors change project topics.
Re: Did You Know You Can Make Enough Money From Albino Rat Breeding? by Nobody: 10:11am On Aug 06, 2018
Breastfeeding mother rat.....

I current have 15 breastfeeding mother rats

Each having an average of 8pups

8x15, just do the maths...

Re: Did You Know You Can Make Enough Money From Albino Rat Breeding? by Nobody: 10:13am On Aug 06, 2018
A pregnant albino rat

I have 12 of these

Re: Did You Know You Can Make Enough Money From Albino Rat Breeding? by Nobody: 10:14am On Aug 06, 2018
These are some of my breeders

Re: Did You Know You Can Make Enough Money From Albino Rat Breeding? by Nobody: 10:19am On Aug 06, 2018
A mother rat with her 2weeks 3 days old pups

Re: Did You Know You Can Make Enough Money From Albino Rat Breeding? by czarina(f): 11:27am On Aug 06, 2018
Op, how about the weather? Is there really a particular weather good for breeding? If I'm starting mine in a place like Jos, would it affect them?
Re: Did You Know You Can Make Enough Money From Albino Rat Breeding? by Nobody: 11:44am On Aug 06, 2018
czarina:
Op, how about the weather? Is there really a particular weather good for breeding? If I'm starting mine in a place like Jos, would it affect them?
they will breed anywhere in Nigeria as long as the weather is not deadly and there's food.

If you want to start up in Jos, I advice you get your rats from Jos else you might need to give them time to acclamatize to the weather if you get them outside of Jos.
Re: Did You Know You Can Make Enough Money From Albino Rat Breeding? by czarina(f): 11:47am On Aug 06, 2018
nwabekeyi:
they will breed anywhere in Nigeria as long as the weather is not deadly and there's food.

If you want to start up in Jos, I advice you get your rats from Jos else you might need to give them time to acclamatize to the weather if you get them outside of Jos.
Noted. Thanks
Re: Did You Know You Can Make Enough Money From Albino Rat Breeding? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Aug 06, 2018
nwabekeyi:
Who do we sell it to?
Re: Did You Know You Can Make Enough Money From Albino Rat Breeding? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Aug 06, 2018
Spygadgets19:
Who do we sell it to?
lecturers and students in universities, research institutes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did You Know You Can Make Enough Money From Albino Rat Breeding? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Aug 06, 2018
How long does it take for them to grow and start breeding?
Re: Did You Know You Can Make Enough Money From Albino Rat Breeding? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Aug 06, 2018
YOLO18:
How long does it take for them to grow and start breeding?
Albino rats are usually sexually matured by 5weeks old but however it is not advisable for you to breed a female at this age because she may not be big enough to take care of the pups and most females at this age are usually very clumsy and sometimes might even refuse to suckle the pups. You may end up losing all the pups. It's a matter of weight most especially.

I breed my females when they are 12weeks old, at this age, they must have been mentally and physically (size) ready.
Re: Did You Know You Can Make Enough Money From Albino Rat Breeding? by mkoabiola: 12:17am On Aug 07, 2018
Hw much do u sell d rats to d users or buyers?
Who do u sell to?
Is d market in high demand for these rats?
Re: Did You Know You Can Make Enough Money From Albino Rat Breeding? by cybernaut(m): 1:39am On Aug 07, 2018
Thanks for your information but I have a question for you. These Albino rat can they run away so easily or hard to catch because I saw in the pictorial view when you open the cage but they remain silent. Thank you!
Re: Did You Know You Can Make Enough Money From Albino Rat Breeding? by kingharzy: 4:24am On Aug 07, 2018
nwabekeyi:
I think, I may have to take questions now, if there's anything you want to know about albino rat business. Let me know, I am here to help you start
OP, do nurturing mothers need seperate confinements or they all remain in cage?
Re: Did You Know You Can Make Enough Money From Albino Rat Breeding? by Nobody: 6:48am On Aug 07, 2018
mkoabiola:
Hw much do u sell d rats to d users or buyers?
Who do u sell to?
Is d market in high demand for these rats?
I sell N600 to buyers and yes the demand is there
Re: Did You Know You Can Make Enough Money From Albino Rat Breeding? by Nobody: 6:49am On Aug 07, 2018
kingharzy:

OP, do nurturing mothers need seperate confinements or they all remain in cage?
seperate confinement.

1 Like

Re: Did You Know You Can Make Enough Money From Albino Rat Breeding? by Nobody: 6:51am On Aug 07, 2018
cybernaut:
Thanks for your information but I have a question for you. These Albino rat can they run away so easily or hard to catch because I saw in the pictorial view when you open the cage but they remain silent. Thank you!
they are very calm and not as agile as the normal house rat. They usually not shy around humans
Re: Did You Know You Can Make Enough Money From Albino Rat Breeding? by Nobody: 6:52am On Aug 07, 2018
And one of my females gave birth today, 9 pups

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

CBN Unveils Framework To Empower 100 Companies / Help: Memorandum Of Association (moa) And Article Of Association (aoa). / Setting Up A Car Wash Business In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.