Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,461 members, 7,808,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:43 PM

Did You Know You Can Make Enough Money From Albino Rat Breeding? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Did You Know You Can Make Enough Money From Albino Rat Breeding? (4815 Views)

5 Reasons Your Small Business Isn’t Making Enough Money / White Rat, Albino Rat Or Laboratory Rat For Sale / 10 Businesses That Can Make You Rich In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did You Know You Can Make Enough Money From Albino Rat Breeding? by Nobody: 7:10am On Aug 07, 2018
Mating an albino rat, what do you need yo know?

1. Albino rats reach sexual maturity at age 5weeks, however it's not advisable for you to mate them by this age. They are not physically (weight) and psychologically ready, the mother won't take care of the pups. I usually mate my rats when they are 2-3months old, I also consider weight also.

2. A doe goes into heat every 5days and will only be receptive to bucks during the several hours of heat. It shows sign of heat like restlessness, mounting other females in cage and vibrating her ears but I usually don't check for heat as it's difficult to do that with many rats, I just simply leave the doe I want impregnated with bucks for 10days.

3. Gestational period last for 21-23days and they can get pregnant immediately after childbirth, they go through another heat period (postpartum heat) immediately after pregnancy, so make sure no male is around else they will get pregnant immediately. Getting pregnant immediately is not healthy for the rat as it will pit excessive pressure on the system coping with both lactatkon and pregnancy at the same time. Doe will go into another heat 28-30days after delivery and then maintian the normal 5days cycle afterward.

4. Weaning period is about 4 weeks, make sure to separate pups along sex on or before 5weeks else they might mate and get pregnant.
Re: Did You Know You Can Make Enough Money From Albino Rat Breeding? by Usminous: 9:48am On Aug 07, 2018
Waoooo....this is so educative bro......nice eye opening.... Good work bro....like how many weeks will they be ready and mature for sales....
Re: Did You Know You Can Make Enough Money From Albino Rat Breeding? by Nobody: 11:05am On Aug 07, 2018
Usminous:
Waoooo....this is so educative bro......nice eye opening.... Good work bro....like how many weeks will they be ready and mature for sales....
depending on what your buyer needs...

Ideally, for most project works, the will be mature enough at 7weeks.

Some project works like analysis on the scrotum may required much larger and older males
Re: Did You Know You Can Make Enough Money From Albino Rat Breeding? by ObiaguHoney: 11:37am On Aug 07, 2018
Drop your number please
Re: Did You Know You Can Make Enough Money From Albino Rat Breeding? by Nobody: 12:43pm On Aug 07, 2018
Re: Did You Know You Can Make Enough Money From Albino Rat Breeding? by Chukwumahike: 4:42pm On Aug 07, 2018
Pls I want to knw if the rats can travel far distances but still within the state in case I want to supply distances dat re a beat far
Re: Did You Know You Can Make Enough Money From Albino Rat Breeding? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Aug 07, 2018
Chukwumahike:
Pls I want to knw if the rats can travel far distances but still within the state in case I want to supply distances dat re a beat far
yes, just make use of a good cage
Re: Did You Know You Can Make Enough Money From Albino Rat Breeding? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Aug 07, 2018
Please be careful as it's unethical for you to inbreed these rats, avoiding this will help the specie a lot. I really hope I can emphasise more on this.

Don't do inbreeding

1 Like

Re: Did You Know You Can Make Enough Money From Albino Rat Breeding? by Nobody: 2:51am On Aug 08, 2018
nwabekeyi:
Please be careful as it's unethical for you to inbreed these rats, avoiding this will help the specie a lot. I really hope I can emphasise more on this.

Don't do inbreeding

Pls explain further
Re: Did You Know You Can Make Enough Money From Albino Rat Breeding? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Aug 08, 2018
YOLO18:

Pls explain further
If they are indeed brother and sister, they have a higher likelyhood of having infants with abnormalities, although it's just a probability thing. They could just be normal.

Explanation :- You see- when two organisms of the same genetic makeup (as siblings tend to have) mate, the genetic recombination that occurs in the cells during meiosis can have a higher likelyhood of mutations, or recessive negative trait genes to come about that were latent in the previous generations- due to lack of genetic variation.

2 Likes

Re: Did You Know You Can Make Enough Money From Albino Rat Breeding? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Aug 08, 2018
My cage size is 16" wide, 8" long and 11" deep. It houses about 7 adult rats and can house more if they are smaller
Re: Did You Know You Can Make Enough Money From Albino Rat Breeding? by Othnial: 3:44pm On Aug 08, 2018
Good day sir, how do you market these rat when they are matured enough for sale. I mean how do you get buyers?
Re: Did You Know You Can Make Enough Money From Albino Rat Breeding? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Aug 08, 2018
I received a call from someone complaining about the high mortality rate of albino rat pups and I smiled.

If you allow the mother do her job, the pups will barely die. I usually do not interfere in the mother's duty, I just provide food and clean their cages.

The picture below shows a mother with 11 pups that are about 10days old, all of them are alive.

The pups are born furless and fragile, just allow the mother handle them

Re: Did You Know You Can Make Enough Money From Albino Rat Breeding? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Aug 08, 2018
Othnial:
Good day sir, how do you market these rat when they are matured enough for sale. I mean how do you get buyers?
can you kindly read from first page, I have explained this earlier sir.
Re: Did You Know You Can Make Enough Money From Albino Rat Breeding? by Mekanus(m): 3:56pm On Aug 08, 2018
nwabekeyi:
If they are indeed brother and sister, they have a higher likelyhood of having infants with abnormalities, although it's just a probability thing. They could just be normal.

Explanation :- You see- when two organisms of the same genetic makeup (as siblings tend to have) mate, the genetic recombination that occurs in the cells during meiosis can have a higher likelyhood of mutations, or recessive negative trait genes to come about that were latent in the previous generations- due to lack of genetic variation.
Great lion or Super Lion??
Re: Did You Know You Can Make Enough Money From Albino Rat Breeding? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Aug 08, 2018
Mekanus:
Great lion or Super Lion??
you mean UNN?
If yes, no
Re: Did You Know You Can Make Enough Money From Albino Rat Breeding? by ogivefarms(m): 9:42pm On Aug 13, 2018
Nwabekeye l love your post but I pity your temporary stay in your soo called rat business.
1 Business is secret so in the case of rat if every body in every neighborhood starts breeding it maybe you will kill it and eat.
2 Your location of business (Nsukka ) is a bad site because is in the North of South East compared to Aba and Owerri.
l know in few years to come with your mentality and speech you will be forced to eat the ones you breed
Re: Did You Know You Can Make Enough Money From Albino Rat Breeding? by Goddyss(m): 2:19am On Aug 14, 2018
ogivefarms:
Nwabekeye l love your post but I pity your temporary stay in your soo called rat business.
1 Business is secret so in the case of rat if every body in every neighborhood starts breeding it maybe you will kill it and eat.
2 Your location of business (Nsukka ) is a bad site because is in the North of South East compared to Aba and Owerri.
l know in few years to come with your mentality and speech you will be forced to eat the ones you breed

You sound senseless. I'm sorry to say that. You see such an educative thread and you are trying to relegate the effort of the Op cuz of selfish interest.
Re: Did You Know You Can Make Enough Money From Albino Rat Breeding? by Othnial: 7:58am On Aug 14, 2018
Goddyss:

You sound senseless. I'm sorry to say that. You see such an educative thread and you are trying to relegate the effort of the Op cuz of selfish interest.

You just said the obvious truth, BROTHER.
Re: Did You Know You Can Make Enough Money From Albino Rat Breeding? by Chukwumahike: 11:33am On Aug 16, 2018
Op pls I need a picture of your cage and your drinkers.. Thanks for sharing
nwabekeyi:
What do you need to get started?

1. A cage (made of strong wood and iron gauze), I will upload pictorial discrimination of one of my cages subsequently.

2. One bag of feed

3. An Ideal startup population of 10 females and 2 males. You have to be careful in selecting males hence you might end up with a sexually inactive males, so I always advice you get 4males, 2 for backup, in case if anyone of them turns out to be sexually inactive. Typically, you will know when a male is sexually active by introducing a new female, he will try to Mount her or sniff her vagina, also look out for the sizes of their testicle.

4. You will need food feeders and water feeders, I constructed mine myself by using disposed sardine containers for food feeder and disposed plastic coke/water containers and pen case for the water feeders.

5. You will need a strong rubber hand glove if you don't want to be touching their faeces when cleaning the cages.

1 Like

Re: Did You Know You Can Make Enough Money From Albino Rat Breeding? by Chukwumahike: 11:43am On Aug 16, 2018
I can see how myopic u re .. so this breeder in the video below Who chose to show it to the world will have to eat his rats abii
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jho5m3Gmymo
quote author=ogivefarms post=70253338]Nwabekeye l love your post but I pity your temporary stay in your soo called rat business.
l know in few years to come with your mentality and speech you will be forced to eat the ones you breed [/quote]
Re: Did You Know You Can Make Enough Money From Albino Rat Breeding? by Kruize(m): 1:20pm On Jul 01, 2020
OP can you drop your contact ?
Re: Did You Know You Can Make Enough Money From Albino Rat Breeding? by kelesaac: 11:19pm On Jul 11, 2020
I received a call from someone complaining about the high mortality rate of albino rat pups and I smiled.

If you allow the mother do her job, the pups will barely die. I usually do not interfere in the mother's duty, I just provide food and clean their cages.

The picture below shows a mother with 11 pups that are about 10days old, all of them are alive.

The pups are born furless and fragile, just allow the mother handle them

Your contact details, pls. I stay in port Harcourt, and I need to know where to get quality rats to breed.
Re: Did You Know You Can Make Enough Money From Albino Rat Breeding? by AloneTK: 11:45am On Nov 22, 2021
Re: Did You Know You Can Make Enough Money From Albino Rat Breeding? by hudas4: 10:16am On Dec 29, 2022
Pls how can I contact u, I've been on it for a while.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nairaland Quoted In Sanusi Critique In Thisday Newspaper / Abuse Naira And Be Jailed - CBN Warns / Planks( Hardwood) For Your Building

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.