Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,439 members, 7,808,573 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:36 PM

Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. (29199 Views)

Julius Agwu Mocks Nigerian Pastors & The Witches/wizards That Endorsed GEJ / Don Jazzy And E-money Battles For The Richest Nigerian Record Label Owner / Who Is The Richest Nigerian Footballer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by pckid: 3:04am On Jun 20, 2010
http://questionmarkmag.com/2010/06/meet-the-four-richest-nigerian-pastors/

Church business is big business. we guess so The saying, ‘As poor as a church rat’ is now a misnomer because churches are no longer poor. The four richest Nigerian pastors are Bishop David Oyedepo President and Founder of the Living Faith World Outreach Ministry, aka Winners Chapel; Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo of Kingsway International Christian Centre; Pastor Chris Oyakhilome of Christ Embassy; and Prophet Temitope Balogun Joshua of Synagogue Church of All Nation. And based on these findings these churches are far from poor….

David Oyedepo

Bishop David Oyedepo President and Founder of the Living Faith World Outreach Ministry, aka Winners Chapel
Winners Chapel is a megachurch founded by Bishop Oyedepo in 1981 with over 400 branches. The Ota, Ogun State headquartered Ministry, Faith Tabernacle is the largest worship center in the world, with a sitting capacity of 50,000 people and an outside overflow of 250,000 and holds three services every Sunday.

Other assets of the church include two aircraft (Gulfstream 1 & Gulfstream 4) and a fleet of over 400 buses that convey worshipers to and from Faith-Tabernacle, Canaanland. Plans are in the making to purchase a third aircraft for use by the vice president, Bishop David Abioye. The Church also owns Dominion Publishing House, which turns out books and other materials written by Oyedepo. An arm of the Ministry World Mission Agency(WMA) provides welfare and other health and humanitarian services to the needy in the society.

The Sunday tithes collection in the church averages 30 million Naira per week (approximately 300,000 dollars), this amount excludes offerings and other levies, franchises including literatures.

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome, Pastor of Believers’ LoveWorld Incorporated aka Christ Embassy Church

Chris Oyakhilome

Christ Embassy headquartered in Lagos has 30,000 members. The church owns a large business empire with invests in banking, publishing, broadcasting, entertainment and the hospitality industries. The major money spinning arms of the ministry includes LoveWorld Cyber Ministry, LoveWorld Television, Love World Christian Network, LoveWorld Multimedia Ministry and LoveWorld Publishing Ministry. Love World the first 24-hour Christian Network from Africa to the rest of the world.

Monthly financial yields of the 2 billion Naira printing press is approximately 10m Naira.

Matthew Ashimolowo

Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo of Kingsway International Christian Centre (KICC)
KICC chu, http://questionmarkmag.com/2010/06/meet-the-four-richest-nigerian-pastors/
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by Tudor6(f): 8:05am On Jun 20, 2010
They are all Rogues. . . . I wonder why the chief thief Adeboye isnt on the list.
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by hottyspice: 3:29pm On Jun 20, 2010
@tudor
What did e rob u off,
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by nellaluv(f): 3:57pm On Jun 20, 2010
Nah. . . the list is not complete without pastor Adefarasin of house on the rock the guy just rented a hall for N15million just for a sunday service and pastor Adeboye.
Becoming a pastor is what's up cheesy
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jun 20, 2010
If Pastor E.A Adeboye is not on that list, then those four pastors have some serious wealth,
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by RyanShort(m): 4:32pm On Jun 20, 2010
I can imagine the kind of private jet Jesus used, in His time, bet it would have been out of this world undecided
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by nellaluv(f): 4:38pm On Jun 20, 2010
Ryan Short: I can imagine the kind of private jet Jesus used, in His time, bet it would have been out of this world undecided
Yes, i know right. i'm sure it was a space ship he used, simply out of this world cool tongue
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by aileru(m): 6:27pm On Jun 20, 2010
Tudór:

They are all Rouges. . . . I wonder why the chief thief Adeboye isnt on the list.
May God Almighty forgive you
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jun 20, 2010
Tudór:

They are all Rouges. . . . I wonder why the chief thief Adeboye isnt on the list.

No one has the right to condemn his fellow human
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by Tudor6(f): 8:17pm On Jun 20, 2010
aileru:

May God Almighty forgive you
You can tell God to kiss my arse. . . .
mydreamz:

so going by your logic, i see a paedp.phile defiling your 7 year old daughter I just keep quiet and move on because ''
'' Are you fkcing serious?
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by bobbyjoe2: 8:34pm On Jun 20, 2010
@ tudor, who is dis bitch,u r going to rot in hell 4 dis bullshit u writing.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by Tudor6(f): 8:45pm On Jun 20, 2010
bobby joe:

@ tudor, who is dis naughty woman,u r going to rot in hell 4 dis bullshit u writing.
And you will be accepted into ''heaven'' for this post above, right? and naughty woman is the censored form of ''bi*tch* no?

You gotta love this god and his/her/it's followers. . . .
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by spicyhoney(f): 9:20pm On Jun 20, 2010
And so what if they are rich? Must men of God be poor before they can preach the gospel or lead souls to heaven.

People should wake up and stop crucifying God's children. Remember the bible says 'Touch not my anointed and do my prophets no harm'

In my opinion, preachers of the word of God are supposed to live lives worth emulating and not live in poverty, you should be able to see the manifestations of God's blessings on ur pastor. Moreover, the wealth gotten by these mentioned churches were not forced out from the church member's pockets they willingly gave out.

Tudór:

Though u ve a right to ur own opinion but may God have mercy on u and  forgive u.
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by MissyB1(m): 9:23pm On Jun 20, 2010
Y'all should pay 'my' Tudòr no mind. grin grin
He's an atheist and therefore sees nuffin wrong in bad-mouthing men of God or God himself. Hand go meet am, someday.  grin
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by Dolemite(f): 9:28pm On Jun 20, 2010
. . .and what have these men done for their community? owning two three aircrafts while the average Nigerian lives under a dollar a day. sad

spicyhoney:

the wealth gotten by these mentioned churches were not forced out from the church member's pockets they willingly gave out.
You obviously have no knowledge of how these pastors fleece their flock. . .
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by Tudor6(f): 9:45pm On Jun 20, 2010
Missy B:

Y'all should pay 'my' Tudòr no mind. grin grin
He's an atheist and therefore sees nuffin wrong in bad-mouthing men of God or God himself. Hand go meet am, someday.  grin
aaaah mehn not you too. . . .cmon, dont tell me you one of those scared of these self appointed men of 'god'?
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by spicyhoney(f): 9:49pm On Jun 20, 2010
Dolemite:

. . .and what have these men done for their community? owning two three aircrafts while the average Nigerian lives under a dollar a day.  sad
You obviously have no knowledge of how these pastors fleece their flock. . .
Of course I do and there are no secrets about it. FYI, I am a proud christian and I belong to the Winner's family(LFC).

About doing things for the community; I can authoritatively tell u that my own church Living Faith, regularly donates items to orphanages and i remember the last Jos crisis, Abuja church specifically sent things to the people of jos and mind u not winners members in jos but to the christian community of jos to help them out.
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by MissyB1(m): 9:53pm On Jun 20, 2010
Tudór:

aaaah mehn not you too. . . .cmon, dont tell me you one of those scared of these self appointed men of 'god'?
Scared? No.
It's just unpleasant, on so many grounds, not to accord people the respect they deserve.  cool
I still Loff You sha grin . . . .God Loves You more. wink
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by Tudor6(f): 9:56pm On Jun 20, 2010
spicyhoney:

And so what if they are rich? Must men of God be poor before they can preach the gospel or lead souls to heaven.

People should wake up and stop crucifying God's children. Remember the bible says 'Touch not my anointed and do my prophets no harm'

In my opinion, preachers of the word of God are supposed to live lives worth emulating and not live in poverty, you should be able to see the manifestations of God's blessings on your pastor. Moreover, the wealth gotten by these mentioned churches were not forced out from the church member's pockets they willingly gave out.
Though u ve a right to your own opinion but may God have mercy on u and  forgive u.

oga, its greedy people like you that fall for these scam artistes like Adeboye and Oyedepo.

You want to be 'rich' at all costs and think riches come from paying taxtithe and giving pastor royalties.

Here I was thinking the word is ''CHRISTian'' i.e live like and emulate CHRIST yet all we see is you jokers striving to be like Con men in suits like Oyakhilome. What a shame
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by Tudor6(f): 10:02pm On Jun 20, 2010
Missy B:

Scared? No.
It's just unpleasant, on so many grounds, not to accord people the respect they deserve.  cool
ha ha ha RESPECT?
I still Loff You sha  grin . . . .God Loves You more. wink
grin lol tell god i dont need his love. . .he/she/it should concentrate on showing 'love' to those innocent children starving and dying  in ethiopia and congo.
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by Dolemite(f): 10:05pm On Jun 20, 2010
spicyhoney:

About doing things for the community; I can authoritatively tell u that my own church Living Faith, regularly donates items to orphanages
Commendable but I'm not moved, even Abacha gave to orphanages from time to time. . .with all these money they have I'm thinking free schools, road projects, medical care, not sending some bags of rice to some few people. . .
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by Tudor6(f): 10:14pm On Jun 20, 2010
Dolemite:

Commendable but I'm not moved, even Abacha gave to orphanages from time to time. . .with all these money they have I'm thinking free schools, road projects, medical care, not sending some bags of rice to some few people. . .
GBAM!
Even Osama Bin Laden gives to less unfortunate people. . .so no be today
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by spicyhoney(f): 11:01pm On Jun 20, 2010
Dolemite:

Some day it will get to that and there is no need waiting for churches to that, u as an individual can do ur own contributions to ur community and u dnt need to be extremely rich b4 u can do so.

Tudór:

oga, its greedy people like you that fall for these scam artistes like Adeboye and Oyedepo.

You want to be 'rich' at all costs and think riches come from paying taxtithe and giving pastor royalties.

Here I was thinking the word is ''CHRISTian'' i.e live like and emulate CHRIST yet all we see is you jokers striving to be like Con men in suits like Oyakhilome. What a shame
I can see from ur write ups that u re a sick individual. So i wouldnt waste time xplaining anything to a low life. FYI am a girl, a chick, babe and not an 'Oga' if ur brain can grasp that since u cant see the 'F' beside my username.
Mind u, u can respond but i promise not to reply.
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by Tudor6(f): 9:14am On Jun 21, 2010
spicyhoney:

Some day it will get to that and there is no need waiting for churches to that, u as an individual can do your own contributions to your community and u dnt need to be extremely rich b4 u can do so.
And your pastor who is 'extremely' rich, what has he done, besides purchasing 3 luxury jets one for each of his ba.lls and spare?
I can see from your write ups that u re a sick individual. So i wouldnt waste time xplaining anything to a low life. FYI am a girl, a chick, babe and not an 'Oga' if your brain can grasp that since u cant see the 'F' beside my username.
Mind u, u can respond but i promise not to reply.
Dimwit, who cares if you're a transexual? I dont give a damn. Stick to the thread and lets see how smart and fully grounded in christianity you are.

Keep thinking you'll be a millonaire if you continue giving your money to some pastor. Dont get off your lazy arse, use your brains and work. Mugu
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by Acidosis(m): 9:53am On Jun 21, 2010
People can go as far as lending money to pay seeds. They always have the faith that one day they'll become rich while "swimming in extravagant poverty", meanwhile the leaders change cars everyday.
It's obvious that christians get carried away easily when they hear some poetic & grammatical jargons from pastors thinking its a move of the spirit. Some members go as far as offering their life savings when they hear some proclamations, and you'll see them shouting at the top of their voice.
Among the pastors listed above, T.B Joshua is outstanding! You need to watch emmanuel t.v to see the amazing works of his church.

I'll like to point out a man called Past. Abel Darima of the power city intl. church. His broadcast on KLN (My Tv) is a total embarassment tn christianity, its nothing different from a beggar.
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by silvaspecs: 11:04am On Jun 21, 2010
Although alot of RUMORS and ACCUSING fingers have often been pointed towards TB Joshua, i can't deny them and cannot cast him no stone either. But i find his Ministry very challenging due to his OPEN_HANDEDNESS and concern for the less privileged. He has done well in touching lives
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by oludayomi(f): 11:21am On Jun 21, 2010
@tudor i dnt knw u bt heaven is real so all so is hell n God does nt do joke, if u dnt hav anythin 2 say dont practice ur mouth watch on d man of God if in anyway there are lackin anythin in d line of their ministry God see n knw it all.
@acidosis offering n tithe is nt a most is ur faith n bliv no pastor wl go into ur pocket n bring out money as 4 d pastor u claim is a begger d bible say people wil cum in my name n dere are nt of me so nt all d so call pastor all pastor. by d way pastor is a title on earth christ himslf was nt called a pastor nor any of is immidate fllwer.
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by Acidosis(m): 11:39am On Jun 21, 2010
oludayomi:

@acidosis offering n tithe is nt a most is your faith n bliv no pastor wl go into your pocket n bring out money as 4 d pastor u claim is a begger d bible say people wil come in my name n dere are nt of me so nt all d so call pastor all pastor. by d way pastor is a title on earth christ himslf was nt called a pastor nor any of is immidate fllwer.
I succumb to your statements.
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by Acidosis(m): 11:52am On Jun 21, 2010
Tudór:

It's disgusting to see christians trying to dress like their pastors. If not for their biblical ignorance, why would a christian want to make is hair like that of his pastor, talk like his pastor, walk in the same manner a pastor walks. Sometimes I wonder if their pastors can forgive them their sin or die for them on a cross. They are carried away by the name of their church as if they have a branch in heaven.
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by spikedcylinder: 1:26pm On Jun 21, 2010
Ahhhh! cheesy Ya gotta love this dude and his witty comebacks. Carry on, Tudor. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Akin says hi, by the way. wink
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by dbigrod(m): 2:12pm On Jun 21, 2010
[size=15pt]wow.am actually thinking of going into church business.it is d most lucrative business in africa. grin grin grin [/size]
Re: Meet The Four Richest Nigerian Pastors. by Dolemite(f): 2:47pm On Jun 21, 2010
spicyhoney:

Some day it will get to that and there is no need waiting for churches to that, u as an individual can do your own contributions to your community and u dnt need to be extremely rich b4 u can do so.
No no, don't make this about me listen, the government collects money from the public called taxes, with that they better the lives of the masses (supposedly), churches do the same thing. . .but buy aircrafts, send their kids to the best schools, own publishing houses and tv stations costing millions of dollars, yet their community suffers in poverty. . .and what did Jesus say about a camel passing through the eye of a needle? isn't the world supposed to be coming to an end, what's the need to amass such wealth if we're in the end times?. . .

d bigrod:

[size=15pt]wow.am actually thinking of going into church business.it is d most lucrative business in africa.[/size]
Fake miracles, a little charisma, sexy envangelical team and you're on your way. wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Mr Ibu Looking Very Stylish In New Photo / Foluke Daramola Looks Gorgeous In New Makeover Shots / Tonto Dikeh Turns Footballer, Plays At Celebrity Charity Football Match (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.