|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,190,673 members, 4,776,483 topics. Date: Friday, 22 February 2019 at 09:35 PM
|Presidency 2019: 6 Reasons Why PDP Should Field Ibrahim Dankwambo As Candidate by KwoiZabo(m): 5:31pm On Aug 05, 2018|
have to do this piece as a rejoinder to @ TonyeBarcanista (https://www.nairaland.com/4478563/presidency-2019-6-reasons-pdp) Presidency 2019: 6 Reasons PDP Should Field Ahmed Makarfi As Candidate.
I quoted a post by Tonye on Friday (29/04) where he was campaigning for Makarfi wherein I presented Dankwambo as a better Candidate for the PDP, some of the reasons which I will list shortly but before I could say jack, I have seen Tonye's post on front page (29/04) listing Reasons why Makarfi is he best foot forward. Looking at the points he made as Makarfi being Honest, Enjoys the goodwill of Northern Nigeria, Sellable in the SW, acceptable in the SS/SE, campaigned for the resurgence of the PDP and possessing strong electoral value. As good as they are, they are not concrete enough to satisfy the yearnings of Nigeria come 2019, Moreso, Makarfi has some things not going for him which I will not state 'cos if he eventually emerges as the PDP candidate is still far better than Buhari.
Dankwambo comes far ahead for the following Reasons:
1. Youthfulness: At a time where the country is yearning for a youth to be at the helm of affairs in our country with modern leadership knowhow, he obviously comes out top. At just 55 years he has been through administration and Politics and fit to move us forward.
2. Education: Governor Dankwambo has a Ph.d. in Accounting (IUO), M.Sc Economics (UNILAG), B.Sc Accounting (ABU). What more can I say. We will have a President that is not only well Educated but will Push forward Bill Gates advise for Human Capital Development especially in the North where it is much needed.
3. Acceptability in the North: Inspite of the Influence of Buhari in the North in 2015, he was able to hold his state for the PDP which is a feat no one can down play, Makarfi (Sitting Senator) & Sambo (Sitting VP) and Yero (Sitting Governor) all from Kaduna couldn't hold the state for the PDP in 2015, same applies to many other states in the North. Dankwambo's "godfather" Danjuma Goje left the PDP and Dankwambo could have followed suit which will be an easier option to retain his seat as Governor just as Tambuwal did in Sokoto but he remained in PDP and kept the flag of the party flying in the Buhari infested North. We the PDP fans will not hesitate to reward him for that.
4. Extremism: We all know that Nigeria being a Multi-ethnic/tribal and Multi-Religious country needs a president whose views will be accommodated Nationwide and so far Governor Dankwambo's Educational background/institutions (Kaduna, Lagos & Edo) must have given him exposure to other regions of the country and his activities so far as Governor also his tweets (@HEDankwambo) hasn't shown as signs of extremism. In one of his tweets on 25 Feb. 2017, he wrote "Nigeria needs more work than prayers. The essence of leadership is to work for the people not to urge them to be praying", That to me is very significant for a region where one of its Governor said that the killings in his state is as a result of God's punishment for their sins.
5. Corruption: We all know that the APC has nothing to offer except pushing propaganda about their fictitious fight against corruption. Dankwambo was the former Accountant General of the Federation, Finance Commissioner and 7yrs Governor, If there is anything, we would have heard from Lai Moh'd. With Dankwambo, we will render the Arsenal of the APC useless.
6. North East: I wouldn't have loved to mention this point because I look forward to a time where our politics will be purely on merit and not the region the candidate is from but it is worth mentioning that IHDankwambo is from the North-East which has not produced the president before. Every region in this country has tasted the Presidency since independence (North Central - Gowon, South East - Azikiwe & Ironsi) except this Geo-political zone. Also considering the insurgency we face from that region, it is necessary for us to allow someone that bears the brunt to be at the helm of affairs.
I would love to go on and on but let me not exceed Tonye's 6 points and also allow Nairalanders make their input especially residents of Gombe that are directly under his administration. The elections is 9 Months away and we have many more to come.
KwoiZabo - danKaduna
|Re: Presidency 2019: 6 Reasons Why PDP Should Field Ibrahim Dankwambo As Candidate by Ozioma49(m): 5:35pm On Aug 05, 2018|
dakwanbo has my full support,contact me am ready to rally and campaign for him
|Re: Presidency 2019: 6 Reasons Why PDP Should Field Ibrahim Dankwambo As Candidate by Ingocof: 7:11pm On Aug 05, 2018|
Sule Lamido all the way
|Re: Presidency 2019: 6 Reasons Why PDP Should Field Ibrahim Dankwambo As Candidate by Delivar(m): 7:30pm On Aug 05, 2018|
Isn't it time for us to try something different like restructuring our mode of governance or just splitting the country? We have tried PDP before and now tried APC it has shown these things haven't yet solved our big problems. It's funny it's still the same ruling class merely switching parties and we think we are trying anything new supporting PDP or APC. Nigerians keep blaming the leaders when they are actually the ones supporting these leaders and the entire failed system to power. The problem with Nigeria is the people itself. Why can't Nigerians realize the whole arrangement is not working and it's time to try something different? The system is not working and Nigerians keep supporting the same failed system and then claiming the leaders are bad. You guys are not yet serious to solve your national problems.
|Re: Presidency 2019: 6 Reasons Why PDP Should Field Ibrahim Dankwambo As Candidate by emmasege: 7:31pm On Aug 05, 2018|
Why on earth has Dakwambo not declared intention yet? This is the best of PDP at the moment and he should be given the ticket if he chooses to run.
I pray PDP doesn't let down the whole nation by fielding a bad market like they just did for us here in Osun State, where a dullard with no WAEC certificate has been given the gubernatorial ticket.
Oshiomhole Already Collecting Signatures For Saraki’s Impeachment, Melaye Allege / Akpabio: My Defection Marks The End Of PDP In Niger Delta / 45 Parties Rally Support For Saraki Over Impeachment Plot. Read Details!
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2019 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62