Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,872 members, 7,802,808 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:09 PM

Nine Corpers Drown In Taraba During Picnic By Riverside - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Nine Corpers Drown In Taraba During Picnic By Riverside (40402 Views)

Corpses Of Corpers Who Drowned In Taraba Sent Back To Their Families. Photo / Picture Of Taraba Corpers At The Riverside Picnic Before Drowning Moments Later. / 9 Corps Member Drown During Picnic In Taraba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nine Corpers Drown In Taraba During Picnic By Riverside by ZACHIE: 7:42pm On Aug 05, 2018
No
Don't do this to your parents.
Any body of water is not a child's play.
You can't swim, don't play games with water. It is not your mate.
Wasted years dashed hopes.
Sobs

1 Like

Re: Nine Corpers Drown In Taraba During Picnic By Riverside by Ignatio(m): 7:42pm On Aug 05, 2018
Quite a pity nobody is asking the supposed question? Is this the level of our mentality in this country? Sudden upsurge and no one is wondering about it only silly comments are getting posted.

2 Likes

Re: Nine Corpers Drown In Taraba During Picnic By Riverside by virtuedagirl(f): 7:43pm On Aug 05, 2018
It's a pity, after all the years spent in school and the investment of their parents and loved ones.

1 Like

Re: Nine Corpers Drown In Taraba During Picnic By Riverside by seunfly: 7:43pm On Aug 05, 2018
Ok
Re: Nine Corpers Drown In Taraba During Picnic By Riverside by Curry30: 7:44pm On Aug 05, 2018
Oh Lord!!!
9 young vibrant men and women. 9 future breadwinners lost.
This is painful.
Re: Nine Corpers Drown In Taraba During Picnic By Riverside by bigfriyo(m): 7:47pm On Aug 05, 2018
Mr poster who send them to river to go and swim, is that what there parent send them to do everything you people will blame buhari
Re: Nine Corpers Drown In Taraba During Picnic By Riverside by amazon14: 7:47pm On Aug 05, 2018
There is sinister playing out in Nigeria.
We need to pray seriously.

Rip to them all
Re: Nine Corpers Drown In Taraba During Picnic By Riverside by Dearlord(m): 7:48pm On Aug 05, 2018
When I say that most graduates in Nigeria are illiterate graduates some will say doubt me with their two live balls .

I suspect there is more to this. cry cry
Re: Nine Corpers Drown In Taraba During Picnic By Riverside by mrkings84(m): 7:49pm On Aug 05, 2018
Is Taraba not in north of Nigeria? if my guess is right... then "FEAR NORTH"
Re: Nine Corpers Drown In Taraba During Picnic By Riverside by Deo1986(m): 7:49pm On Aug 05, 2018
Did this tragedy occurred after the DGs warning or before? I am of the view that an insightful corper would spend his time thinking about his future after service, there is no time for pleasure if you haven't made it in the jungle called Nigeria. May they rest from life's struggle.
Re: Nine Corpers Drown In Taraba During Picnic By Riverside by Nobody: 7:50pm On Aug 05, 2018
Why do the folks keep getting drowned?

At least you can't blame this on Dangote or Buhari.
Re: Nine Corpers Drown In Taraba During Picnic By Riverside by Achorise: 7:50pm On Aug 05, 2018
themonk:

Shut up please! They didn't die because of NYSC

Does any program in NYSC include picnic and swimming?

It's time we Africans stop making sensational and unreasonable comments so we can trace where Africa's problem is really coming from.

Even someone without a brain should know NYSC has nothing to do with this. Then the next question becomes what caused it? From there we can discuss why our water bodies do not have safety officials to instruct and save people from deaths like this.

We should stop all these stupid comments that aim to provoke sensational and emotional reactions from people with the same crowd mentality. The gimmick is mediocre already!!! We should tackle issues head-on instead of dancing around them.
Are you a staff of NYSC. Your point is correct, others point of blame is also correct, what took them to Taraba?
Answer, I rest my case.

2 Likes

Re: Nine Corpers Drown In Taraba During Picnic By Riverside by IsaAbubakar: 7:50pm On Aug 05, 2018
angry

Buhari will never die well
Re: Nine Corpers Drown In Taraba During Picnic By Riverside by Essential(m): 7:53pm On Aug 05, 2018
It's a pity, from coppers to corpses. rip
Re: Nine Corpers Drown In Taraba During Picnic By Riverside by paparazzi1987(m): 7:56pm On Aug 05, 2018
Achorise:
Are you a staff of NYSC. Your point is correct, others point of blame is also correct, what took them to Taraba?
Answer, I rest my case.

So if they are in their respective state,They won't drown? undecided
Re: Nine Corpers Drown In Taraba During Picnic By Riverside by Essential(m): 7:57pm On Aug 05, 2018
It's a pity, from coppers to corpses. what an unlucky bunch here.
Re: Nine Corpers Drown In Taraba During Picnic By Riverside by themonk(m): 7:57pm On Aug 05, 2018
Achorise:
Answer, I rest my case.
Anybody could die anywhere. Could we by the same sense of reason say some people were saved because they left their hometowns for NYSC when a disaster occurred there.

There are people that if not for NYSC the would have followed a friend or a relation or their religious groups to an event in which tragedy occurred and people died but they didn't because they were in a far away place. Since we can't count the lives saved by NYSC we can't assume it only brings badluck. Anybody can die anywhere and NYSC is not to blame most times except we also have to blame every other event or location a death happens for the demise of people it relates with.

5 Likes

Re: Nine Corpers Drown In Taraba During Picnic By Riverside by Mexyz(m): 7:58pm On Aug 05, 2018
I have cried and cried,my eyes are swollen now as a result of this same incident... Just lost a very good friend and Ex course mate to this incident.

RIP Chike, May God grant you eternal rest.
Re: Nine Corpers Drown In Taraba During Picnic By Riverside by Nobody: 8:01pm On Aug 05, 2018
Ivanmykel:
This is just so sad embarassed
omoge !!

Re: Nine Corpers Drown In Taraba During Picnic By Riverside by bluefilm: 8:02pm On Aug 05, 2018
matrixme:
how very sad. The loss of lives of corp members in this administration is something else. Before some people open their ugly mouths to protest against this comment, let them remember the many others who died due to extra-judicial policemen killings as well as a failed healthcare system at the camps. These are somebody's children/brothers/sisters too.

Sorry to ask but what exactly has the death of some NYSC Corps members who drowned while swimming, got to do with this administration?

2 Likes

Re: Nine Corpers Drown In Taraba During Picnic By Riverside by FaceThem: 8:02pm On Aug 05, 2018
Too bad
Re: Nine Corpers Drown In Taraba During Picnic By Riverside by frowland(m): 8:02pm On Aug 05, 2018
matrixme:
how very sad. The loss of lives of corp members in this administration is something else. Before some people open their ugly mouths to protest against this comment, let them remember the many others who died due to extra-judicial policemen killings as well as a failed healthcare system at the camps. These are somebody's children/brothers/sisters too.

Hahahah, selective amnesia I guess? Seems you intentionally choose to forget how in the previous government Boko boys slaughtered almost all cops members in the north that it got to a point were going for service in the north was a suicide mission? Seems you forgot those times huh?
Secondly, the news says they 'drowned during a picnic'. Neither Buhari nor APC nor Fulani herdsmen sent them to go swim in da river.

Rest in peace to the dead, but enough of this twisting news to suit once hate agenda and the mods allowing it.

1 Like

Re: Nine Corpers Drown In Taraba During Picnic By Riverside by princegeo(m): 8:04pm On Aug 05, 2018
Please corrective measures should be taken so such don't occur again...
Re: Nine Corpers Drown In Taraba During Picnic By Riverside by Vikiman419(m): 8:06pm On Aug 05, 2018
Please Can Someone Tell Me The Meaning Of Mayo In Hausa Language?
Re: Nine Corpers Drown In Taraba During Picnic By Riverside by Danchibez: 8:08pm On Aug 05, 2018
I wonder how a grown graduates will leave their primary assignments for picnic, now they r corpses instead of corps members. Waste of resources, i pity their parents for such a huge loss. RIP
Re: Nine Corpers Drown In Taraba During Picnic By Riverside by Mafulul(m): 8:08pm On Aug 05, 2018
goldcoinhub:
Nine corps members who are currently serving in Taraba State on Saturday drowned in River Mayo-Selbe in Gashaka Local government Area.

Taraba State Police Command Police Public Relations Officer, ASP David Missal, who confirmed the death of nine out of the 22 corps members who were swimming in River Mayo-Selbe said seven corpses have so far been recovered from the incident.

“Information available revealed that 22 youth corps members had gone on a picnic party in River Mayo-Selbe in Gashaka LGA on Saturday when the incident happened

“We were made to understand that while they were swimming in the river, there was sudden upsurge in the volume of water, which carried them away.

“Nine of them drowned, while others managed to escape.

“We have so far recovered seven corpses, while the search for the two remaining corpses is still in progress,” Missal said.

State NYSC Coordinator, Mrs. Florence Yaakugh, also confirmed the incident, which she described as “most unfortunate.”

Yaakugh also confirmed that seven bodies have been recovered, while the search for the other two bodies was still ongoing by the locals in collaboration with security agencies and the NYSC.

“It’s a very sad development and we would soon have the identity of all the corps members involved in the accident and make such information known appropriately.

“We have very sketchy information indicating that about nine of our corps members drowned in Gashaka yesterday.

“So far, seven bodies have been recovered and we are working with relevant persons to recover the rest of the bodies and to identify them.

“This is a very sad development and the entire NYSC family in Taraba State is already thrown into deep mourning,” she said.

https://lailasnews.com/nine-corps-members-drown-during-picnic-by-riverside-in-taraba/
The guiding principle is that one should never enter into water bodies that one is a stranger to. Always swim in waters that you are familiar with.

1 Like

Re: Nine Corpers Drown In Taraba During Picnic By Riverside by Temidayo9(m): 8:09pm On Aug 05, 2018
Babyforever:
NYSC is a total waste of time....RIP though
Ask Finance minister, how important is NYSC

1 Like

Re: Nine Corpers Drown In Taraba During Picnic By Riverside by Princedapace(m): 8:09pm On Aug 05, 2018
Babyforever:
NYSC is a total waste of time....RIP though

My sister eh. A complete waste.. A system to hold youths into bondage.. It is usually after the service year that youths eyes dey clear..

I just dey pity the coming and present members.. I have handful of them on my whatsapp weeping after 8montgs wasted serving Nigeria..

Same Nigeria politicians don't allow their kids to serve..
Re: Nine Corpers Drown In Taraba During Picnic By Riverside by Achorise: 8:13pm On Aug 05, 2018
themonk:

Anybody could die anywhere. Could we by the same sense of reason say some people were saved because they left their hometowns for NYSC when a disaster occurred there.

There are people that if not for NYSC the would have followed a friend or a relation or their religious groups to an event in which tragedy occurred and people died but they didn't because they were in a far away place. Since we can't count the lives saved by NYSC we can't assume it only brings badluck. Anybody can die anywhere and NYSC is not to blame most times except we also have to blame every other event or location a death happens for the demise of people it relates with.
I concor

1 Like

Re: Nine Corpers Drown In Taraba During Picnic By Riverside by Ade3000yrs(m): 8:18pm On Aug 05, 2018
I am not a god, neither am i a prophet. In a saner country, NYSC should be scrapped by now, but I believe sooner or later, the scrapping will take effect soonest
Re: Nine Corpers Drown In Taraba During Picnic By Riverside by AYOMIDE88(m): 8:21pm On Aug 05, 2018
some people will still blame PMB for this incident..... RIP to the deceased

1 Like

Re: Nine Corpers Drown In Taraba During Picnic By Riverside by Ivanmykel(f): 8:23pm On Aug 05, 2018
doctorkush:
omoge !!

wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Share Your Nysc Sex Tales / How Can One Change PPA? / Corper Azeez Shittu Olalekan Missing In Jigawa After Their Bus Was Robbed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.