Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,750 members, 7,806,045 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:40 AM

Nine Corpers Drown In Taraba During Picnic By Riverside - NYSC (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Nine Corpers Drown In Taraba During Picnic By Riverside (40406 Views)

Corpses Of Corpers Who Drowned In Taraba Sent Back To Their Families. Photo / Picture Of Taraba Corpers At The Riverside Picnic Before Drowning Moments Later. / 9 Corps Member Drown During Picnic In Taraba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nine Corpers Drown In Taraba During Picnic By Riverside by Sleekbaby(f): 3:26am On Aug 06, 2018
Rest in peace to them but I wonder why they should go and swim in that scary river when they are non indigenes. We went to the river during our time but not to swim but to snap pictures
Re: Nine Corpers Drown In Taraba During Picnic By Riverside by paparazzi1987(m): 3:45am On Aug 06, 2018
Elliot2:
I lack sense! i no get sense small sef!

Ok its good you know. Your problem is half solved grin
Re: Nine Corpers Drown In Taraba During Picnic By Riverside by babeosisi: 5:13am On Aug 06, 2018
virtuedagirl:
It's a pity, after all the years spent in school and the investment of their parents and loved ones.

People are dead and you talk of investment
Imagine if one of them.were your sibling,would investment be the thing on your mind hearing of this sudden death?
Na wa o
Re: Nine Corpers Drown In Taraba During Picnic By Riverside by Elliot2(m): 6:47am On Aug 06, 2018
paparazzi1987:

Ok its good you know. Your problem is half solved grin
lol. we have a long way to go resolving ur case.
Re: Nine Corpers Drown In Taraba During Picnic By Riverside by clementbiola(m): 7:04am On Aug 06, 2018
matrixme:
how very sad. The loss of lives of corp members in this administration is something else. Before some people open their ugly mouths to protest against this comment, let them remember the many others who died due to extra-judicial policemen killings as well as a failed healthcare system at the camps. These are somebody's children/brothers/sisters too.

you are a shame to this 21st century generation. did government sent them to river ? why they don't go with safety instructor .
Re: Nine Corpers Drown In Taraba During Picnic By Riverside by ebereokey(m): 7:05am On Aug 06, 2018
Just see how they have wasted their parents money just for a fun of one day..When all Corp members shoil be praying to secure Job after NYSC and they were busy having FUN in no Mans land..a lesson for others..R.I.P..foolish Corp members
Re: Nine Corpers Drown In Taraba During Picnic By Riverside by LoveThemChubby(m): 8:16am On Aug 06, 2018
Elliot2:
dis is just one out of so many cases involving corps members.
I agree but at least criticisms should correlate to current events. Recently a corps member was shot in Abuja and many people blamed it on NYSC too. Only few cared to look at it from the point that the driver of the vehicle she was in had breached security by refusing to stop when asked to. Besides if we put the pros and cons side by side, I don't think any rationally thinking person can genuinely call for scrapping of NYSC.
Re: Nine Corpers Drown In Taraba During Picnic By Riverside by one4GOD(f): 8:20am On Aug 06, 2018
Babyforever:
NYSC is a total waste of time....RIP though
waste of life you mean? angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Nine Corpers Drown In Taraba During Picnic By Riverside by Elliot2(m): 8:51am On Aug 06, 2018
[quote author=LoveThemChubby post=70024812]i served last year in kogi state,and in one of d nights i caught a serious cold (fever). i nearly died. there were no drugs at d supposed clinics around. i ended up with "agbo". nysc is ill prepared.
Re: Nine Corpers Drown In Taraba During Picnic By Riverside by freeman67: 11:30am On Aug 06, 2018
Jatinzbusinessc:
NYSC

Never had anything good from it only bad news, if I could change a thing it will be the first thing I will scrap and.

Why not empower this youth and give them grant instead of wasting their time for a complete year.

I discovered that sometime some people have a desire for something but can't achieve it so there start bad mouthing it. Just like people go for parties in schools and even work places sometimes to unwind, so did these one that are serving went to unwind but it unfortunately went sour.

These things can happen irrespective of who you are, where you are and what you do. It is not written anywhere there that they got drown because there are corps member. It is just a fun seeking arrangement got bad thus, there is no need to start bad mouthing NYSC for personal grudge.
Re: Nine Corpers Drown In Taraba During Picnic By Riverside by paparazzi1987(m): 12:02pm On Aug 06, 2018
Elliot2:
lol. we have a long way to go resolving my case.

lol. please dont give up. your case can be resolved. cool
Re: Nine Corpers Drown In Taraba During Picnic By Riverside by Elliot2(m): 12:09pm On Aug 06, 2018
paparazzi1987:

lol. please dont give up. your case can be resolved. cool
it is longer than i thought.
Re: Nine Corpers Drown In Taraba During Picnic By Riverside by paparazzi1987(m): 1:48pm On Aug 06, 2018
Elliot2:
it is longer than i thought.

Yeah..but can still be resolved. Dont give up bro.
grin
Re: Nine Corpers Drown In Taraba During Picnic By Riverside by perkyberry(m): 2:49pm On Aug 06, 2018
goldcoinhub:
Nine corps members who are currently serving in Taraba State on Saturday drowned in River Mayo-Selbe in Gashaka Local government Area.

Taraba State Police Command Police Public Relations Officer, ASP David Missal, who confirmed the death of nine out of the 22 corps members who were swimming in River Mayo-Selbe said seven corpses have so far been recovered from the incident.

“Information available revealed that 22 youth corps members had gone on a picnic party in River Mayo-Selbe in Gashaka LGA on Saturday when the incident happened

“We were made to understand that while they were swimming in the river, there was sudden upsurge in the volume of water, which carried them away.

“Nine of them drowned, while others managed to escape.

“We have so far recovered seven corpses, while the search for the two remaining corpses is still in progress,” Missal said.

State NYSC Coordinator, Mrs. Florence Yaakugh, also confirmed the incident, which she described as “most unfortunate.”

Yaakugh also confirmed that seven bodies have been recovered, while the search for the other two bodies was still ongoing by the locals in collaboration with security agencies and the NYSC.

“It’s a very sad development and we would soon have the identity of all the corps members involved in the accident and make such information known appropriately.

“We have very sketchy information indicating that about nine of our corps members drowned in Gashaka yesterday.

“So far, seven bodies have been recovered and we are working with relevant persons to recover the rest of the bodies and to identify them.

“This is a very sad development and the entire NYSC family in Taraba State is already thrown into deep mourning,” she said.

https://lailasnews.com/nine-corps-members-drown-during-picnic-by-riverside-in-taraba/
for me nysc is wait of time, the 9 month in Camp, They should av though them how to swim and Drive
Re: Nine Corpers Drown In Taraba During Picnic By Riverside by Emily22(m): 5:22pm On Aug 06, 2018
HypocriticalMod:
Who sent them to go for picnic? Picnic has now turned to serving. All these young generations and unnecessary flexing sha embarassed

Thank u my brother,u said it all
Re: Nine Corpers Drown In Taraba During Picnic By Riverside by virtuedagirl(f): 6:09pm On Aug 06, 2018
babeosisi:

People are dead and you talk of investment
Imagine if one of them.were your sibling,would investment be the thing on your mind hearing of this sudden death?
Na wa o
Investment is not all about money
We invest our love, time and everything to loved ones
Hence the pain we feel when the are no more cos there's this feeling that something special has left us forever
Re: Nine Corpers Drown In Taraba During Picnic By Riverside by Jatinzbusinessc(m): 11:04pm On Aug 06, 2018
freeman67:

I discovered that sometime some people have a desire for something but can't achieve it so there start bad mouthing it. Just like people go for parties in schools and even work places sometimes to unwind, so did these one that are serving went to unwind but it unfortunately went sour.

These things can happen irrespective of who you are, where you are and what you do. It is not written anywhere there that they got drown because there are corps member. It is just a fun seeking arrangement got bad thus, there is no need to start bad mouthing NYSC for personal grudge.

Trust me when I say youth service is just a system to waste our time and take us away from reality for a year.

After spending 4 years in private university and 5/6 years in public universities then what is the use of NYSC with the mandatory entrepreneurship that each department offer. What service will I offer for a year, am supposed to use it search for employment.

True to what you said, that if someone has desire for something but can't achieve it. You can achieve anything in this Life if you want to.

Tertiary education in Nigeria is a scam
NYSC is a scam.

This my write up does not include doctors Nurses, and other professional
Re: Nine Corpers Drown In Taraba During Picnic By Riverside by PstJRJoshua: 9:50pm On Aug 09, 2018
That is very sad. May their gentle soul rest in peace in jesus mighty name, amen. May the Lord have mercy on their soul and accept them in jesus name, amen. May God give their families the fortitude to bear the huge loss.

Apostle J.R. Joshua ( Pastor, Christ Love Assembly, Kubwa, Abuja).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Share Your Nysc Sex Tales / Corper Azeez Shittu Olalekan Missing In Jigawa After Their Bus Was Robbed / How Can One Change PPA?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.