Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,365 members, 7,800,735 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:32 AM

2019: No Amount Of Threat’ll Stop My Campaign Against Buhari’s Admin -- Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: No Amount Of Threat’ll Stop My Campaign Against Buhari’s Admin -- Obasanjo (1034 Views)

I Will Fulfil All My Campaign Promises – Tinubu / Akeeb Semiu: Why I Wore Traditional ‘Fetish Armour’ In My Campaign Poster / Debts/liabilities Inherited By Buhari Admin In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019: No Amount Of Threat’ll Stop My Campaign Against Buhari’s Admin -- Obasanjo by Nobody: 7:58pm On Aug 05, 2018
2019: No Amount Of Threat’ll Stop My Campaign Against Buhari’s Administration – Obasanjo

ABEOKUTA – Former President Olusegun Obasanjo, Sunday, said no amount of intimidation and threat would force him to abandon call for good governance in 2019. Obasanjo said there’s nothing that can be as worst as his experience while in jail, saying he was imprisoned for doing nothing. He said the prison experience was a sacrifice for better Nigeria and that he would be ready to make more sacrifices for the country.
He stated these while addressing a 30-man delegation of Bafarawa Presidential Campaign Organisation (BCO) led by the former governor of Sokoto State, Attahiru Bafarawa, at his Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library (OOPL) residence, Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital.

Obasanjo warned that if Nigerians fail to act together as they should, the country will not be what it should be come 2019.
The former president observed that “no right-thinking Nigerian will applaud the current situation in the country”.
Obasanjo maintained that he would throw his weight behind any presidential candidate who has track records of integrity, diligence, humility and not nepotic. He saluted the courage of Bafarawa for aspiring to rule the country, saying the former governor achieved a lot in Sokoto by listening to his advice and cooperating with him as president.

This, he added, made him to visit Sokoto State 14 times to unveil projects
He said, “There are three attributes I want to see in a leader which I saw in you – one, his diligence, humility and you don’t discriminate in terms of people who work with you. And most of the times you listen to advice. One important issue is that Nigeria in its entirety is paramount to you.

“All we achieved together was because we cooperated together. And when we even disagreed, we genuinely did so. Not for selfish reasons, not on basis of corruption or misconduct.
“The situation of Nigeria today is not the one any right thinking Nigerian should applaud. And my own strong belief is that Nigeria deserves better than we have now. And we can get better than what we have.

“And so, yours is to see what you can do, that is why you are aspiring to make Nigeria better than what it is today. Nobody who loves Nigeria will not want it to better than its is today.
“I, definitely, have made personal sacrifices and I will make again. Talk of fighting in the war front and shedding of blood, or event talk of going to prison, because I believe in democracy. I went to prison for doing nothing wrong. I have also been intimidated and threatened, what would you do to intimidate somebody like me?
“Whatever you are trying to do to me, people have tried to them to me in the past, and it amounted to nothing and it will amount to nothing.
“Because before I act, I pray to God to guide me and I think of Nigeria first, particularly majority of Nigerians who are underprivileged, whose situation we need to improve upon.

“How would I say that anyone who wants to improve the situation of Nigeria, I will not support? How would I say that anybody who does not feel satisfied with the situation of Nigeria should not be encouraged? How would I say that anyone who believes strongly that Nigeria can be better than what it is and believes that it is a collective responsibility, I will not support?
“But there must be a leader that will lead the team and leadership is not easy. If we do not act together as we should act together, Nigeria will not be what it should be come 2019.

“Aspiration? Yes, but the objective must be clear. If the opposition starts going in different directions and pulling in different ways, Nigeria situation will not change.
“A population of 200 million, for us to continue to complain that things are not right, we are doing the same thing like we have done before. And if we keep doing the same thing, the result will not be different. If we want a different result, we must do things differently. And I believe we can do things differently.” Obasanjo stated.

Speaking earlier, former governor Bafarawa, said he decided to visit Obasanjo to seek his prayers, advice and support for his presidential aspiration.
He disclosed that as a governor between 1999 and 2007, he was able to safe and leave N11.8b in the coffers of the state, courtesy the then president’s advice.
He, however, noted that the former president institutionalised the fight against corruption by establishing the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offence Commission (ICPC) and Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), saying “anybody talking about fight against corruption without mentioning Obasanjo is erroneous”.

Read more https://independent.ng/2019-no-amount-of-threatll-stop-my-campaign-against-buharis-administration-obasanjo/

Cc lzaa onyeoga pointzerom madridguy buhariguy sarrki shalomc iceberg3 itsmeaboki yarimo greenback Alariiwo Roger3d cynthiakiss tossie101

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: No Amount Of Threat’ll Stop My Campaign Against Buhari’s Admin -- Obasanjo by dukie25: 7:59pm On Aug 05, 2018
Don't mess with Baba

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: No Amount Of Threat’ll Stop My Campaign Against Buhari’s Admin -- Obasanjo by magoo10(m): 7:59pm On Aug 05, 2018
Buhari is a man with the largest illiterate fanatic followers. He is not God
Sending him back to his pharaohic trenches is a must task.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: No Amount Of Threat’ll Stop My Campaign Against Buhari’s Admin -- Obasanjo by Kingosytex(m): 8:02pm On Aug 05, 2018
And it shall come to pass that all those that enthroned the illiterate, religious fanatic herdsman in 2015 will realise that they made a grave mistake so they shall gather against him in 2019. There is no escape route for the tyrant cos he is going back to daura,

4 Likes

Re: 2019: No Amount Of Threat’ll Stop My Campaign Against Buhari’s Admin -- Obasanjo by Racoon(m): 8:17pm On Aug 05, 2018
Kingosytex:
And it shall come to pass that all those that enthroned the illiterate, religious fanatic herdsman in 2015 shall gather against him in 2019. There is no escape route for the tyrant cos he is going back to daura,
Chai! cheesy Yes to Daura shall he go.
Re: 2019: No Amount Of Threat’ll Stop My Campaign Against Buhari’s Admin -- Obasanjo by clevvermind(m): 8:28pm On Aug 05, 2018
Obasanjo is still part of the problems of this country. He should go and sit in one corner.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019: No Amount Of Threat’ll Stop My Campaign Against Buhari’s Admin -- Obasanjo by Nobody: 8:33pm On Aug 05, 2018
clevvermind:
Obasanjo is still part of the problems of this country. He should go and sit in one corner.
Sai baba minion spotted.

Cc lzaa onyeoga pointzerom madridguy buhariguy sarrki shalomc iceberg3 itsmeaboki yarimo greenback Alariiwo Roger3d cynthiakiss tossie101

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2019: No Amount Of Threat’ll Stop My Campaign Against Buhari’s Admin -- Obasanjo by Jirate(m): 8:36pm On Aug 05, 2018
Why Has The Former Governor been Silence ever Since He Left Office. Even Now That He Has Joined The Race, Not A Word Against The Dummy Inside Aso Rock.
Bafarawa Should Just Forget About becoming President Next Year, We Are Tired Of People Who Like To Lead From Behind. cool
Re: 2019: No Amount Of Threat’ll Stop My Campaign Against Buhari’s Admin -- Obasanjo by FarahAideed: 8:37pm On Aug 05, 2018
Only a confirmed Satanist will vote Buhari at this point....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: No Amount Of Threat’ll Stop My Campaign Against Buhari’s Admin -- Obasanjo by Nobody: 8:44pm On Aug 05, 2018
FarahAideed:
Only a confirmed Satanist will vote Buhari at this point....

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2019: No Amount Of Threat’ll Stop My Campaign Against Buhari’s Admin -- Obasanjo by Corrinthians(m): 8:44pm On Aug 05, 2018
Baba Obj is one man I've resolved never to speak ill against. He was instrumental to Buhari's victory three years ago. I couldn't start calling him memes now. That is what differentiates us from some PDP supporters. wink

Baba and Baba (Obj and Bubu) will sort themselves out in due time. smiley
Re: 2019: No Amount Of Threat’ll Stop My Campaign Against Buhari’s Admin -- Obasanjo by TheFreeOne: 8:44pm On Aug 05, 2018
Carry go.

Nigerians who loves this country are behind you.

Buhari supporters need to have their brains checked by psychiatrists - OBJ

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: No Amount Of Threat’ll Stop My Campaign Against Buhari’s Admin -- Obasanjo by SolutionMee: 10:01pm On Aug 05, 2018
OBJ was apparently saying the obvious truth Nairalanders

Please because of the love and respect you guys confer on me, let's always hearken to what Pa OBJ have to say concerning the coming election and as well support his opinion

Even if his opinion backfire at you Nigerians, you guys should bear the pain and consider it a mere sacrifice for your Country

I'll always support you guys in prayer here in America

Though where I am thou canst cometh

As I'm far above the principalities and powers of Nigeria seated in high places

Even if Fulani kill you guys, I'll always remember you here in America

I'll also feature you guys in my diary and before you know it, you're gradually grazing human history

That alone is the beginning of eternity

Rest in Perfect Pea....
Re: 2019: No Amount Of Threat’ll Stop My Campaign Against Buhari’s Admin -- Obasanjo by IGBOmarryme: 11:32pm On Aug 05, 2018
What a joyous day it will be on that day that Buhari shall be sent back to Daura

It shall be like the day Abacha died, like the day Nelson Mandela was released from prison, like the day Ikedi Ohakim was removed from office, like the day Nigeria won Olympic 96. No one can describe the joy it will bring to see the sun shine again after 4 years of darkness.

We will smile again!!

2 Likes

Re: 2019: No Amount Of Threat’ll Stop My Campaign Against Buhari’s Admin -- Obasanjo by NdiaraIGBO: 11:55pm On Aug 05, 2018
IGBOmarryme:
What a joyous day it will be on that day that Buhari shall be sent back to Daura

It shall be like the day Abacha died, like the day Nelson Mandela was released from prison, like the day Ikedi Ohakim was rermoved from office, like the day Nigerian won Olympic 96. No one can describe the joy it will bring to see the sun shine again after 4 years of darkness.

We will smile again!!

You must be Igbo, yeye hateful tribe. E go do una flat head like magic. No be only Daura na Onitcha.

Cc Immhotep lzaa Firefire IsaAbubakar and all the other wereys
Re: 2019: No Amount Of Threat’ll Stop My Campaign Against Buhari’s Admin -- Obasanjo by IGBOmarryme: 12:02am On Aug 06, 2018
NdiaraIGBO:

You must be Igbo, yeye hateful tribe. E go do una flat head like magic. No be only Daura na Onitcha.

You must be Yorober, thinking with their selfish coward ewedu brain, asshlickers.
You think even if Buhari wins he will hand over to Tinubu in 2023 right? come collect power lets see we are waiting.
you will be shocked in ogbomosho

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: No Amount Of Threat’ll Stop My Campaign Against Buhari’s Admin -- Obasanjo by IGBOmarryme: 12:03am On Aug 06, 2018
NdiaraIGBO:

Obasanjo is also from "hateful tribe".

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 2019: No Amount Of Threat’ll Stop My Campaign Against Buhari’s Admin -- Obasanjo by LZAA: 12:25am On Aug 06, 2018
NdiaraIGBO:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019: No Amount Of Threat’ll Stop My Campaign Against Buhari’s Admin -- Obasanjo by Nobody: 12:38am On Aug 06, 2018
NdiaraIGBO:

[s]You must be Igbo, yeye hateful tribe. E go do una flat head like magic. No be only Daura na Onitcha.
[/s]

CC onyeoga madridguy buhariguy omenka shalomc iceberg3 itsmeaboki yarimo odvanguard pointzerom t9ksy imperialyoruba odvanguard yorubaassasin alariiwo lzaa Ikenna0b ngeneukwenu yyeske liondeleo tossie101 sarrki

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

National Assembly Invasion: NASS Clerk Locked Out Of Complex / Babcock University Disclaims The Story Credited To Mr. Alaba Ajibola / 2019: Sambo To Screen Saraki, Atiku, Tambuwal, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.