Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,898 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:29 AM

"My Wife Wants To Bring Her 7-Year-Old Girl She Had Before We Met To My Home" - Family (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "My Wife Wants To Bring Her 7-Year-Old Girl She Had Before We Met To My Home" (56013 Views)

Lady Shares How She Transformed A Girl She Adopted After Just Two Months (pics) / Should I Bring Her Over To The US? / My Wife Wants Me To Beg For Intercourse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "My Wife Wants To Bring Her 7-Year-Old Girl She Had Before We Met To My Home" by Lomprico2: 7:39am On Aug 06, 2018
NairalandFAYOSE:
being with the mum means being with me. I don't think I want that.
have read so many comments here where people are calling me names and saying am selfish without even considering if I have the means to take care of her plus my kids. but no one is blaming the useless father who abandoned her daughter because he is married.
I know for sure my woman won't take it if its the other way round.

I only seek advice and if you want to blame me, I will say you should first put yourself in my shoes

So you want to equate yourself with her useless father right! You also want to earn the title "useless"? undecided
If u don't want the girl why did u bring your useless plea here?
You are acting like a kid! angry

1 Like

Re: "My Wife Wants To Bring Her 7-Year-Old Girl She Had Before We Met To My Home" by Nobody: 7:39am On Aug 06, 2018
Somerville:
Am not trying to poison your mind against helping her, but the little girl should be with her father or her grandma. My sister had a baby outside wedlock, and the girl is staying with us now and she's eight years old already.
Meanwhile, my sister is married to another man and even has a child for him.

Till date, I don't even know the guy who got my sister pregnant cos he doesn't give a damn about the baby.
My point is the girl should be with her father or her grandma, not you.
But if you feel you can help her, why not do it?
As for me, I can't keep such child in my house, the thought of how that nigga was fvcking my wife will keep coming to my mind each time that girl passes by.

Re: "My Wife Wants To Bring Her 7-Year-Old Girl She Had Before We Met To My Home" by rman: 7:40am On Aug 06, 2018
The real father of the kid is not dead, why is everyone not looking at that angle?

3 Likes

Re: "My Wife Wants To Bring Her 7-Year-Old Girl She Had Before We Met To My Home" by AngelicBeing: 7:40am On Aug 06, 2018
Ioannes:

But I find this post quite ludicrous. The sight of the child will bring to your mind the thought of how the guy was fvcking your wife!!! Like are you for real?

1. You didn't meet your wife as a virgin

2. You yourself had fvcked the hell out of some other men's future wives

And you are suddenly being sanctimonious?

Hilarious.

No, the child shouldn't be with her father. She should be with her mother.

Most women turn to witches if they have to take care of their husband's child. We all know that.
Chai grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "My Wife Wants To Bring Her 7-Year-Old Girl She Had Before We Met To My Home" by Aquariann: 7:40am On Aug 06, 2018
MsGood:

Thank you o. I kuku no blame the wicked man, na the woman wey leave her pikin because of marriage I blame. I hope she doesn't regret it in the future.

Mrs Good, hope you realize a woman like you rejected the child (as condition for marrying her biological dad) which suddenly made him return her to the mom.

And don't forget the Op stated his wife wouldn't accept the child if the reverse was the case.

3 Likes

Re: "My Wife Wants To Bring Her 7-Year-Old Girl She Had Before We Met To My Home" by Lomprico2: 7:43am On Aug 06, 2018
Somerville:
Am not trying to poison your mind against helping her, but the little girl should be with her father or her grandma. My sister had a baby outside wedlock, and the girl is staying with us now and she's eight years old already.
Meanwhile, my sister is married to another man and even has a child for him.

Till date, I don't even know the guy who got my sister pregnant cos he doesn't give a damn about the baby.
My point is the girl should be with her father or her grandma, not you.
But if you feel you can help her, why not do it?
As for me, I can't keep such child in my house, the thought of how that nigga was fvcking my wife will keep coming to my mind each time that girl passes by.

And if there is no grandma or grandma passes on, what next? D child should go to an orphanage or be thrown out to d street abi?

Foolish fools everywhere! undecided

3 Likes

Re: "My Wife Wants To Bring Her 7-Year-Old Girl She Had Before We Met To My Home" by Lomprico2: 7:44am On Aug 06, 2018
rman:
The real father of the kid is not dead, why is everyone not looking at that angle?

And did u read d post at all?
Re: "My Wife Wants To Bring Her 7-Year-Old Girl She Had Before We Met To My Home" by Obierika(m): 7:44am On Aug 06, 2018
Most people here are only giving politically correct answers by asking the guy to accept the child into his home.

The proper thing is for the girl to be with her biological father!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "My Wife Wants To Bring Her 7-Year-Old Girl She Had Before We Met To My Home" by Somerville: 7:45am On Aug 06, 2018
Lomprico2:

And if there is no grandma or grandma passes on, what next? D child should go to an orphanage or be thrown out to d street abi?

Foolish fools everywhere! undecided

Why are you pained?
Give your advice and move on.
That's why it's an opinion, you mustn't agree with mine

1 Like

Re: "My Wife Wants To Bring Her 7-Year-Old Girl She Had Before We Met To My Home" by Aquariann: 7:45am On Aug 06, 2018
Odobopa:

I already said the biological father is insane. The op married her because he loved her. He was aware she is a single mum and anything could come up in the future.
He should do the right thing and make his wife happy. This is a child we talking about here sir. An innocent soul..

He should make the wife happy at his own expense and inconvenience? Why couldn't the Child's dad new wife accept her to make him happy? A child that has been with him for seven years.

And don't forget the Op stated clearly his wife wouldn't take the child if the reverse was the case.

And I ask you again, will you send your child out of your home just to marry another woman who's not the mom?

2 Likes

Re: "My Wife Wants To Bring Her 7-Year-Old Girl She Had Before We Met To My Home" by Princeefe1981: 7:47am On Aug 06, 2018
I want to beg you to take the girl back for the of bring happiness to your marriage.
Re: "My Wife Wants To Bring Her 7-Year-Old Girl She Had Before We Met To My Home" by Uguruzik(m): 7:47am On Aug 06, 2018
If you can take care of her feeding, I don't see any hard deal there, she's your wife's daughter and can be of help to you and her siblings one day. And mind you that your wife will be depressed if you too rejects the girl and this will change a lot of things in your home negatively [So be kind enough to accept her ]

2 Likes

Re: "My Wife Wants To Bring Her 7-Year-Old Girl She Had Before We Met To My Home" by Obierika(m): 7:47am On Aug 06, 2018
munalovve:
Do you really deserve this woman? You are calling her after one.

Is she not an after-one?

2 Likes

Re: "My Wife Wants To Bring Her 7-Year-Old Girl She Had Before We Met To My Home" by Lomprico2: 7:49am On Aug 06, 2018
Somerville:

Why are you pained?
Give your advice and move on.
That's why it's an opinion, you mustn't agree with mine

One way reasoning! undecided
Re: "My Wife Wants To Bring Her 7-Year-Old Girl She Had Before We Met To My Home" by rman: 7:49am On Aug 06, 2018
Lomprico2:

And did u read d post at all?

I read the post and comments up to page 5, we are people trying to give the real father an easy pass?

The poster has done nothing wrong yet.

2 Likes

Re: "My Wife Wants To Bring Her 7-Year-Old Girl She Had Before We Met To My Home" by helpee(m): 7:51am On Aug 06, 2018
Uguruzik:
If you can take care of her feeding, I don't see any hard deal there, she's your wife's daughter and can be of help to you and her siblings one day. And mind you that your wife will be depressed if you too rejects the girl and this will change a lot of things in your home negatively [So be kind enough to accept her ]
Don't you think the wife will be more depressed by the time the guy starts shouting on the girl. The mother will eventually think the husband don't like the child and become depressed. More so, does it mean the happiness of this man does not count? He should just make the wife and the little girl happy and make himself unhappy cos it is obvious he is not happy having an extra responsibility added to his already heavy responsibility of taking care of 3kids. You people should fear GOD.

2 Likes

Re: "My Wife Wants To Bring Her 7-Year-Old Girl She Had Before We Met To My Home" by Nobody: 7:56am On Aug 06, 2018
Aquariann:

He should make the wife happy at his own expense and inconvenience? Why couldn't the Child's dad new wife accept her to make him happy? A child that has been with him for seven years.

And don't forget the Op stated clearly his wife wouldn't take the child if the reverse was the case.

And I ask you again, will you send your child out of your home just to marry another woman who's not the mom?

No I won't send my child away just to marry another woman who is not the mum.
I will also accept that child if I was in the op's shoes..
And yes he can inconvenience himself to make his wife and the child happy. What's marriage without sacrifices?

2 Likes

Re: "My Wife Wants To Bring Her 7-Year-Old Girl She Had Before We Met To My Home" by Lomprico2: 7:58am On Aug 06, 2018
rman:

I read the post and comments up to page 5, we are people trying to give the real father an easy pass?

The poster has done nothing wrong yet.

The poster even called him a 'useless father'. Sending d girl back to him simply means destroying her. His wife will make life hell for her! Is that what u are suggesting?

1 Like

Re: "My Wife Wants To Bring Her 7-Year-Old Girl She Had Before We Met To My Home" by xier: 8:00am On Aug 06, 2018
The baby did no wrong coming into this world. Love her and who knows what tomorrow would be. You are not her biological father but you may end up being the father she will ever know and value. Let your good deed speak tomorrow for you.

It may be difficult adding an extra mouth to your struggles but remember that all good gifts comes from God. Trust only in Him and totally cast all your cares to Him.

I submit by saying, care not about what others will say or think, open your doors and your heart for that child. Watch God pass thru her and bless you
Re: "My Wife Wants To Bring Her 7-Year-Old Girl She Had Before We Met To My Home" by helpee(m): 8:00am On Aug 06, 2018
Lomprico2:

The poster even called him a 'useless father'. Sending d girl back to him simply means destroying her. His wife will make life hell for her! Is that what u are suggesting?
if the wife of the father will make life hell for the child, who told you the husband of the mother will be any better? So if the OP starts sleeping with the girl nko? It is not possible abi?

3 Likes

Re: "My Wife Wants To Bring Her 7-Year-Old Girl She Had Before We Met To My Home" by Nobody: 8:00am On Aug 06, 2018
please follow wat Eva your mind tells u oooooooo .... human are expressing wat they feel the wont carry d financial burden
if d gal turns out to be wayward u wud b miserable cos not ur blood ....

2 Likes

Re: "My Wife Wants To Bring Her 7-Year-Old Girl She Had Before We Met To My Home" by Ishilove: 8:03am On Aug 06, 2018
NairalandFAYOSE:
pardon my blunders.
I was aware she has a baby before we met but still continued the relationship because the baby is with the father. she told me it was a mistake and the guy's family doesn't support their relationship. so they went their different ways while the guy kept the baby.

when we started, I found out she's humble, hardworking and she's everything I ever wanted in a woman. so we got married 4 years ago and have a 3 year old son and 2 beautiful twins (just 3 months old).

now the problem started when she went to church and her ex brought her 7 years old daughter unannounced. that he's married now and can't continue taking Care of the girl.
she called me from church and told me. immediately I told her not to bring a child thats not mine to me. she now took the baby to her mom and came home to meet me with my kids.
she has been begging me since to allow the baby in our home because the mother gave her 3 days to come and take her baby from her.

nairalanders pls I need your advice on this. those it make sense that I take the baby while the father is out there enjoying his life.
Everyone has rejected the child so what do you want her to do? Dump the innocent one by the roadside like a piece of garbage? You cannot come between a mother and her child regardless of the circumstances of that child's birth.

If you were my brother, this is what I would tell you to do- Tell your wife that the day that child steps into my house, all links and ties to the biological dad must be cut off completely. The child will bear your name and will be tour daughter, and the day you hear that the bio father is still in contact with that child, that is the end of that child's stay under your roof. Shikena

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "My Wife Wants To Bring Her 7-Year-Old Girl She Had Before We Met To My Home" by Loritess: 8:06am On Aug 06, 2018
Please leave the child alone so you won’t end up maltreating her since u don’t evn want her at all

1 Like

Re: "My Wife Wants To Bring Her 7-Year-Old Girl She Had Before We Met To My Home" by eyinjuege: 8:07am On Aug 06, 2018
helpee:
You guys are blackmailing the guy into accepting what he doesn't want. The issue is, I CAN NEVER FEEL GUILTY REJECTING A CHILD WHOSE FATHER IS ALIVE AND WHOSE GRANDMOTHER IS REJECTING. Why is the mother of the wife rejecting her? Somebody said because the mother is Alive. So is the father dead? He can accept if he is comfortable with it. If he is not, he shouldn't feel guilty. Why cant the new wife of the father accept her too? Op, you better don't care what all these nairalander moralist say. Real life is different. You know a retired judge raised by step father. Millions exist like that. Likewise millions of stepfather are hated by their step children regardless of the sacrifice the stepfather made. I know so many too. So it is not a yardstick. Reject the child if you don't want and never feel guilty (the father, the wife of the father, the mother of the mother all rejected her and they are not feeling guilty because it is not convenient for them) Accept her if you want....but never because all these moralist are blackmailing you into it

You are not the child's father. Your wife is the mother. Will your wife reject her own child? What kind of a mother is that? You either support your wife or not. But that child is your wife's joint responsibility with the father. Not her grandmother's responsibility.
Her father has been taking care of that since she was a baby. I'm even disappointed in the OPs wife that she abandoned her flesh and blood since childhood. More now than ever, the child needs her mother as she will soon start reaching puberty.
I expect the wife to contribute to the upkeep of her child, including feeding. The father can pay the school fees of that child, while the mother will be responsible for other things. I wouldn't call the father irresponsible, and I believe he will be more than happy to split the bills regarding that child has he has singlehandedly done it for years.
The only thing I believe worrying the OP is what people will say, forgetting that everybody has their own family dynamics and problems.

2 Likes

Re: "My Wife Wants To Bring Her 7-Year-Old Girl She Had Before We Met To My Home" by pearl3233(f): 8:10am On Aug 06, 2018
I'll suggest the woman look for another place to take the girl to cis its obvious the man does not want her in his house. And if he agrees eventually what is the probability that he won't maltreat her, he will hate her cos he hates her. If he loves her you won't even think twice or remember what your family will say. Abeg take her somewhere else before he defile the young soul. BEING A FATHER DOESN'T MEAN TAKING CARE OF ONLY YOUR CHILDREN IT MEANS MORE.

1 Like

Re: "My Wife Wants To Bring Her 7-Year-Old Girl She Had Before We Met To My Home" by phenzy(m): 8:10am On Aug 06, 2018
Ishilove:

Everyone has rejected the child so what do you want her to do? Dump the innocent one by the roadside like a piece of garbage? You cannot come between a mother and her child regardless of the circumstances of that child's birth.

If you were my brother, this is what I would tell you to do- Tell your wife that the day that child steps into my house, all links and ties to the biological dad must be cut off completely. The child will bear your name and will be tour daughter, and the day you hear that the bio father is still in contact with that child, that is the end of that child's stay under your roof. Shikena

I swear I saw you in my dreamz last night
Re: "My Wife Wants To Bring Her 7-Year-Old Girl She Had Before We Met To My Home" by NoToPile: 8:11am On Aug 06, 2018
I am sort of indifferent on this case.

No amount of talk will make OP not do what he wants too.

But then a mother won't reject her child.
Re: "My Wife Wants To Bring Her 7-Year-Old Girl She Had Before We Met To My Home" by DonteMec: 8:23am On Aug 06, 2018
Mr OP. Immediately you marry a Lady with a child, you should know that you already have a child, whether you are the biological father or not. Never marry a lady that already has a child if you can not accept her child.
Go and bring the child into your home and take care of her like she's yours. Thank God your wife is a good one.
Nothing like adopting another man's child when he hasn't given her up for adoption. You are taking care of her as a sacrifice for your wife's Love and attention. It's a cross you really can not avoid if you want a continuous happy home with the mother. So make adjustments on your budget to accommodate her.
You should learn to have a large heart. It really pays. I mean people take care of other peoples kids they dont even know. This one is even your wife's kid and you are still hesitating. And dont go about forcing her to cut ties with the kid's father- that's childish. Even you might still have a child outside wedlock tomorrow bro ...

1 Like

Re: "My Wife Wants To Bring Her 7-Year-Old Girl She Had Before We Met To My Home" by Ishilove: 8:27am On Aug 06, 2018
phenzy:

I swear I saw you in my dreamz last night
Lol. I hope I was counting dollars and pounds in the dream? cheesy
Re: "My Wife Wants To Bring Her 7-Year-Old Girl She Had Before We Met To My Home" by Rubbiish(m): 8:29am On Aug 06, 2018
SUPERPACK:
do all the necessary documentation and adopt the child to be your own, you never can tell who she will be in future, don't abandon her, because it might hunt your wife and frustrate your marriage.
May God lead you towards the right path.
Except the baby father is no more. If he is still alive forget about this documentation thing, when d right time comes, he will come for his baby...blood is thicker than water. Let him just keep the baby out of goodwill & for the sake of his wife. Anyone can be in baby's shoe, but not for adoption. He really does not need to adopt the child before he can reciprocate in d future.

1 Like

Re: "My Wife Wants To Bring Her 7-Year-Old Girl She Had Before We Met To My Home" by Ikville(m): 8:29am On Aug 06, 2018
In Africa, dez an adage dat says...'It takes a whole village to bring up a child'...no matta wetha d child is urs or not, a man who luvs children will luv & cater for evry child. If u luv'd d woman enuf to marry her, u shud equally luv her child. After all, she didnt hide d child from u before u got married. Ask urself dis one question...if it wasn't possible for u to ever hav a child wit any woman, wud adopting one not appeal to u? As for me, I'd take d child in & bring her up as my own. Sometimes, a man who raises a child is more of a fatha to dat child than d actual biological fatha. If u want d best for ur children, u wud want d best for dat child & d best for her is to live wit her motha & grow up wit her otha brothas & sistas. If u reject dat child, u r rejecting a blessing from God Almighty. Daz my personal belif
Re: "My Wife Wants To Bring Her 7-Year-Old Girl She Had Before We Met To My Home" by helpee(m): 8:35am On Aug 06, 2018
eyinjuege:

You are not the child's father. Your wife is the mother. Will your wife reject her own child? What kind of a mother is that? You either support your wife or not. But that child is your wife's joint responsibility with the father. Not her grandmother's responsibility.
Her father has been taking care of that since she was a baby. I'm even disappointed in the OPs wife that she abandoned her flesh and blood since childhood. More now than ever, the child needs her mother as she will soon start reaching puberty.
I expect the wife to contribute to the upkeep of her child, including feeding. The father can pay the school fees of that child, while the mother will be responsible for other things. I wouldn't call the father irresponsible, and I believe he will be more than happy to split the bills regarding that child has he has singlehandedly done it for years.
The only thing I believe worrying the OP is what people will say, forgetting that everybody has their own family dynamics and problems.
You are very correct. The wife is a co-owner of the child. Neither the grandma nor the new husband are under any strict obligation to take care of the child. For the sake of love for the wife, the husband can agree if he is so willing. Likewise, for the sake of love for the daughter, the grandma can accept and intact, she is the best person to help this family. So, if the grandma is not feeling guilty not helping her own biological daughter then the husband shouldn't feel compelled too unless he is so willing. That has always been my stand

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (26) (Reply)

Polyandry: Outcry Over South Africa’s Multiple Husbands Proposal / Aunty Babyosisi's Token Christmas Gift For An Unemployed Youth / Look At This Woman's Freezer, A MUST SEE!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.